PDA

View Full Version : Will Date for Food: Women Who Seek Fancy Dinners

Shadow
12-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Do you think it is wrong to expect the man to go all out on a date,or do you think women should split the tab? Do you think that in today's society women still expect to be wined and dined?

It's a stereotype as old as dating itself: women seeking guys for material gain, and guys seeking women for their beauty. But when 25-year-old Jessica Sporty spoke honestly about her brief but calculated plan to date men of means while living in New York, her confession sparked outrage online.
BusinessInsider.com, the website that featured the interview with Sporty last week, eventually disabled the article's comment section, but angry readers continued to vent on other websites that had picked up the story.
Some people called her a "gold digger" and others called her "obscene."
After the fallout, Sporty -- who now lives in California -- sat down with "Good Morning America" to tell her side of the story.
"I'm a traditional girl," she said. "And to me, I feel a part of dating is if a guy wants to take me out, what's wrong with him taking me out to a dinner and me expecting for the bill to be paid?"

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/date-food-women-seek-fancy-dinners/story?id=15107409

ConHog
12-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Do you think it is wrong to expect the man to go all out on a date,or do you think women should split the tab? Do you think that in today's society women still expect to be wined and dined?

It's a stereotype as old as dating itself: women seeking guys for material gain, and guys seeking women for their beauty. But when 25-year-old Jessica Sporty spoke honestly about her brief but calculated plan to date men of means while living in New York, her confession sparked outrage online.
BusinessInsider.com, the website that featured the interview with Sporty last week, eventually disabled the article's comment section, but angry readers continued to vent on other websites that had picked up the story.
After the fallout, Sporty -- who now lives in California -- sat down with "Good Morning America" to tell her side of the story.
"I'm a traditional girl," she said. "And to me, I feel a part of dating is if a guy wants to take me out, what's wrong with him taking me out to a dinner and me expecting for the bill to be paid?"

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/date-food-women-seek-fancy-dinners/story?id=15107409

My wife never paid for a date. Just the way I always dated. But I see kids today usually go out dutch. At least from the tales I hear.

Noir
12-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Personally I always pay when I can, but I kinda take it to the extreme and just spend money on other people, date or not...like lastnight I went to the cinema with a friend and paid for his taxi there and back, and his drink, all he paid for was his ticket, but my brain doesn't mind that for whatever reason lol,

darin
12-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I'd pay for dates; no problem. I don't want it to ever be an issue, or awkward, so I'd just poney-up. If I felt a woman was taking advantage, I'd surely stop seeing her.

ConHog
12-09-2011, 09:26 AM
I'd pay for dates; no problem. I don't want it to ever be an issue, or awkward, so I'd just poney-up. If I felt a woman was taking advantage, I'd surely stop seeing her.

Exactly. There is a difference between being a gentleman and being taken advantage of. I'm pretty generous with my money anyway, not just with dates, but I don't get taken advantage of. Of course now my wife never opens her purse when a bill arrives LOL

fj1200
12-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Personally I always pay when I can, but I kinda take it to the extreme and just spend money on other people, date or not...like lastnight I went to the cinema with a friend and paid for his taxi there and back, and his drink, all he paid for was his ticket, but my brain doesn't mind that for whatever reason lol,

I can see you extending the same privilege to Gunny; you just seem to be that nice. :clap:

ConHog
12-09-2011, 10:49 AM
I can see you extending the same privilege to Gunny; you just seem to be that nice. :clap:

Could you just imagine Gunny sitting through The Notebook? :laugh2:

Dilloduck
12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Will date for food=====people to avoid at all costs

Shadow
12-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Will date for food=====people to avoid at all costs

Yeah...but you avoid people in general. :laugh:

Dilloduck
12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah...but you avoid people in general. :laugh:

and with good reason, mind you !:dance:

Shadow
12-09-2011, 07:58 PM
and with good reason, mind you !:dance:

LOL me too. People suck :laugh:

Kathianne
12-10-2011, 12:19 AM

That's the right attitude. Way back when, if I was making more than the person I was dating, which of course takes awhile to find out, I'd pay or split the bill. When I've dated since the divorce, the men have always paid.

I can only look at how my own two sons have dealt with dating, at first it seems everyone pays their own since it was usually a group of them. When they decided they liked the girl well enough to pay, they started dating as a couple. That's when the gifts started happening too. LOL! They've had some heartbreaks in the past, but now both are engaged and getting married in 2013.

Shadow
12-10-2011, 09:46 AM

My dating experiences were a little of both,but I usually found out that once I started paying for/buying things...it was expected at that point. But then,I'm not a good judge of what to expect when dating since I didn't really "date" per se. Most of my dates ended in long relationships that lasted several years.

I do know several women that date and seem to demand things that they want (and will say they have no problem telling you what they like and don't like)...example being really nice hotel rooms for trips,nice dinners out...things that cost quite a bit (and they seem to get them...no questions asked). How do men feel about women asking for certain things that could cost quite a bit of money?

Abbey Marie
12-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Long time since I've been single, but from what I read above, and what I know from our 20 year old, whether or not the man pays for the woman is a good gauge of how serious he is about her. Unless he is in financial trouble, of course.

Noir
12-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Damn right... I'd love to take gunny to dinner but I know he'd only order the biggest, bloodiest steak he could, with a side order of smaller but just as bloody steaks. So sweet ^,^

Abbey Marie
12-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Damn right... I'd love to take gunny to dinner but I know he'd only order the biggest, bloodiest steak he could, with a side order of smaller but just as bloody steaks. So sweet ^,^

LOl, he probably would at that. :laugh2:

ConHog
12-10-2011, 01:59 PM
That's the right attitude. Way back when, if I was making more than the person I was dating, which of course takes awhile to find out, I'd pay or split the bill. When I've dated since the divorce, the men have always paid.

I can only look at how my own two sons have dealt with dating, at first it seems everyone pays their own since it was usually a group of them. When they decided they liked the girl well enough to pay, they started dating as a couple. That's when the gifts started happening too. LOL! They've had some heartbreaks in the past, but now both are engaged and getting married in 2013.

Congrats on your impending grandmahood. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
12-23-2011, 12:50 AM

Admit it -- if you bought him a really expensive meal, you would expect sex when you two went home. :cool:

Noir
12-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Admit it -- if you bought him a really expensive meal, you would expect sex when you two went home. :cool:

A gentleman never expects on the first date ^,^

gabosaurus
12-23-2011, 01:07 AM
A gentleman never expects on the first date ^,^

But you would want to at least make out. I know your type. :dance:

Jess
12-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Could you just imagine Gunny sitting through The Notebook? :laugh2:

Ummmm ... no. Not unless there are some modifications that include big guns, knives or full-body slams. Then ... maybe.

Nah! Not even then.

Jess
12-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Actually, he takes it medium rare and always eats his veggies with his steak. ;)

Jess
12-25-2011, 04:50 PM

The difference is intent. Am I dating a certain guy JUST for a fancy-schmancy meal? Unless he knows that up-front, it's disingenuous.

I still dunno. I don't care that much about fancy meals that I would "date" some guy that was not at all interesting to me or that I couldn't see some possibility of a future with.

Shadow
12-25-2011, 05:23 PM
The difference is intent. Am I dating a certain guy JUST for a fancy-schmancy meal? Unless he knows that up-front, it's disingenuous.

I still dunno. I don't care that much about fancy meals that I would "date" some guy that was not at all interesting to me or that I couldn't see some possibility of a future with.

In some cases I would agree...I just think that a lot of women today feel that they "deserve" fancy dinners and expensive presents from men. I have a few male friends that always seem to take up with this "type". Expect the expensive hotel rooms on trips...trips to the mall for "stuff"....expensive dinner dates etc.

I am like you though...I won't go out with a man if I don't think their could be a possibility of a relationship. I'm not interested in going through man after man...just for kicks and freebies.

Jess
12-25-2011, 05:28 PM
In some cases I would agree...I just think that a lot of women today feel that they "deserve" fancy dinners and expensive presents from men. I have a few male friends that always seem to take up with this "type". Expect the expensive hotel rooms on trips...trips to the mall for "stuff"....expensive dinner dates etc.

I am like you though...I won't go out with a man if I don't think their could be a possibility of a relationship. I'm not interested in going through man after man...just for kicks and freebies.

Perhaps we feel that way because men of that sort seem to expect certain rights or liberties. I'm not into fancy, I don't want expensive gifts from somebody unless they're special and I really am not a mall person.

Girls are weird sometimes, Shadow.

But boys are still more weirder yet. 2868

ConHog
12-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Perhaps we feel that way because men of that sort seem to expect certain rights or liberties. I'm not into fancy, I don't want expensive gifts from somebody unless they're special and I really am not a mall person.

My wife "expects" a nice dinner out on 2 occasions, her birthday and valentines day. Otherwise we're both just as happy to be at home. She does love jewelry, but doesn't even care if it's expensive , she just likes a little gold.

She does however insist on having a new car every 2 years. But that's not that big a deal really.

Jess
12-25-2011, 05:36 PM
My wife "expects" a nice dinner out on 2 occasions, her birthday and valentines day. Otherwise we're both just as happy to be at home. She does love jewelry, but doesn't even care if it's expensive , she just likes a little gold.

She does however insist on having a new car every 2 years. But that's not that big a deal really.

I expect jack. :laugh:

Valentines is a Hallmark holiday, IMO, so my fella gets off easy there. My birthday ... that's a nice time to go out. Jewelry is ok, but I rarely wear anything but the earrings/studs I keep in all the time. One of my minions bought me a necklace with his own money for Christmas. It has had residence around my neck since early this morning. ;)

I always, always, ALWAYS insist on having a vehicle that is reasonably safe and dependable. I like driving Gunny's truck cuz I are a redneck.

I'm way too easy, aren't I?

Shadow
12-25-2011, 05:43 PM

That could very well be true,they could be looking for arm candy or a trophy to show off. That's too much work for me...I would rather relax and enjoy time spent doing things with Joe average anyway. Just the 24/7 maintenance it would require to stay trophy worthy would wear me out... and I ain't all that girly anyway (and don't care to be).

Guess the high maint girls and the men that look for them can have each other.:thumb:

shattered
12-25-2011, 07:34 PM

Most women *like* to be wined & dined occasionally. Men should have no problem showing women they're worth it.

The flip side being, women expect to be treated as equals in life, so they should also be expected to wine & dine their men from time to time,

If you really like each other, does it really matter who foots the bill?

Shadow
12-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Most women *like* to be wined & dined occasionally. Men should have no problem showing women they're worth it.

The flip side being, women expect to be treated as equals in life, so they should also be expected to wine & dine their men from time to time,

In my view,no. As a matter of fact, I've spent a huge portion of my dating and married life footing the bill and going without, so that my partner could use his time and money building a business. I know what it's like to be "equal" in that regard. Unfortunately...you also run into the takers...who use you because you are conveinient...and then dump you for your efforts to hook up with the "trophy"....who then gets all the rewards. Lets just say I am more careful nowdays.
:laugh:

But...I do get what you are saying...the best thing in any relationship is an equal amount of give and take.

Jess
12-25-2011, 08:30 PM

Good points all around, shattered.

I paid for Gunny's birthday supper when the minions and I took him out but most of the time he buys dinner when we go out.

I think the point of the thread or the question being asked was about women who date well-off men just to have things, pricey dinner, etc. That's what came across for me anyhoo.

DragonStryk72
12-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Much like Noir, I tend to foot for others when I can, whether a date or not.

For dating, This woman from the article is pretty much hooking when you come down to it, only difference really being that a prostitute is honest with herself about what she's doing.

It's one thing for a guy to pay on a date when he is the one who asked the girl out, and indeed, this is a lot of the reason behind the whole "the man pays" method of thought, as he seeks to demonstrate his ability to provide and impress his date. It's something entirely different for a woman to take advantage of this, and date men simply to get free dinners and swag.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Good points all around, shattered.

I paid for Gunny's birthday supper when the minions and I took him out but most of the time he buys dinner when we go out.

I think the point of the thread or the question being asked was about women who date well-off men just to have things, pricey dinner, etc. That's what came across for me anyhoo.

I don't think there is any doubt that money played a part in me getting my wife. Not because she cares about getting taken out a lot , or jewelry or any of that, but because she likes the security it provides. And really if you look at history, that is the way it has always been, that is why traditionally men used to wait to get married in their late 20s and 30s to women who were teens or early 20s. Because men are attracted to beauty first and foremost and want children next when choosing a partner, while women are thinking children and security first and normally a younger woman is more beautiful and ready to bear children, while an older man is generally more financially secure.

It's biological. But that doesn't mean some women aren't just gold diggers, and some men aren't just pigs who use women.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't think there is any doubt that money played a part in me getting my wife. Not because she cares about getting taken out a lot , or jewelry or any of that, but because she likes the security it provides. And really if you look at history, that is the way it has always been, that is why traditionally men used to wait to get married in their late 20s and 30s to women who were teens or early 20s. Because men are attracted to beauty first and foremost and want children next when choosing a partner, while women are thinking children and security first and normally a younger woman is more beautiful and ready to bear children, while an older man is generally more financially secure.

It's biological. But that doesn't mean some women aren't just gold diggers, and some men aren't just pigs who use women.

So, you are supporting your wife on past earnings? She's just playing at lawyer, to fill in her spare time? Who's supporting whom?

Actually I don't really care, it's none of our business. Have a good life, I wish I'd had that opportunity. I guess I did. I chose wrong, so many times. I'm righting that though, soon.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:32 PM
So, you are supporting your wife on past earnings? She's just playing at lawyer, to fill in her spare time? Who's supporting whom?

Actually I don't really care, it's none of our business. Have a good life, I wish I'd had that opportunity. I guess I did. I chose wrong, so many times. I'm righting that though, soon.

No, of course my wife pays her share of things now. But when we met she was 19 and in college, and I have no doubt that with or without me she would have went to law school ect ect, but my already being comfortable made it a much more comfortable journey for her than it would have been otherwise.

And no I don't believe my wife married me ONLY for money, not any more than her super hot body is the reason I fell in love with her.

gabosaurus
12-26-2011, 06:30 PM
For most long term couples, what you are now has very little to do with what you were when you met.
My husband earns a ton of money now. But when I met him, he was a nerdy high school kid working part-time at an auto parts store. In the current economy, you never know which way the success pendulum is going to swing. Stable relationships will survive no matter who is supporting who.

Toro
12-26-2011, 07:40 PM

I'm married now so it doesn't matter, but I have no problem one way or the other. I used to offer to pay, and if she resisted, I'd be a bit more forceful and insist I pay. If she REALLY was insistent we split it, I'd say OK.

I think it is embedded deep in biological tendencies. A woman wanting a man to pay isn't necessarily a gold digger. Rather, it is a signal that he will take care of her. Some of the women I dated REALLY liked it if I cooked for them. More than one said it was a real turn-on for a man to be able to put food on the table and make something for her, even if the meal wasn't a top flight meal.

Shadow
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm married now so it doesn't matter, but I have no problem one way or the other. I used to offer to pay, and if she resisted, I'd be a bit more forceful and insist I pay. If she REALLY was insistent we split it, I'd say OK.

I think it is embedded deep in biological tendencies. A woman wanting a man to pay isn't necessarily a gold digger. Rather, it is a signal that he will take care of her. Some of the women I dated REALLY liked it if I cooked for them. More than one said it was a real turn-on for a man to be able to put food on the table and make something for her, even if the meal wasn't a top flight meal.

That is because it shows thoughtfulness. Women like it when you put thought into a date or gift...even if it is something small. Shows them that you care. I would much rather have a home cooked meal even if it is in the form of a picnic lunch...than a fancy dinner out. Comes from the heart and means more IMO.

Some women do prefer the big splurge though...and I know some of them. Defenately feel like you had better pay for their time...and they have no problem telling you if you didn't get it right or do enough.

Kathianne
12-31-2011, 01:34 AM
That is because it shows thoughtfulness. Women like it when you put thought into a date or gift...even if it is something small. Shows them that you care. I would much rather have a home cooked meal even if it is in the form of a picnic lunch...than a fancy dinner out. Comes from the heart and means more IMO.

Some women do prefer the big splurge though...and I know some of them. Defenately feel like you had better pay for their time...and they have no problem telling you if you didn't get it right or do enough.

I agree with Toro and you. When a man asks for a date, he should pick a place that he can afford, at least in the beginning of a relationship. Now if the woman asks for the date, well that certainly would assume in my mind, that she'd pay. If he chose to 'insist,' that would be bonus in my mind, though certainly I'd assume the woman would be prepared to cover the costs.

Personally in all of my relationships I've thought that it's more fun to predominately have low-cost, impromptu dates in casual settings or cooking special meals with candlelight and great conversations. Yet, there are times that call for 'the hell with the costs, let's live it up' times. Some of course come after a few dates, when there seems to be some 'clicking' going on. Also for special times, such as anniversaries, birthdays, and special times in general.

When I think back I can remember places of casual dates fondly, though not so much the details such as food, conversations. However it is those 'let er' fly times' that really stand out. The weekend at the Ritz, dinner at Lowry's, seeing Les Miserables all in a weekend.

Many more too come to mind. I can remember one time that we, my now ex when we were dating, had theater tickets and then deciding to check in to the hotel on the block. He had to buy both of us a day's clothing, including a coat just because it's Chicago and the temps had dropped 40 degrees. That is still one of my fav memories.

I think there are appropriate times for kindness on both people's parts. I am very leery of someone that wants to drop a large amount of money on initial dates. I'm very appreciative of those that want to do a big deal when involved in more than casual.

Shadow
12-31-2011, 01:51 AM
I agree with Toro and you. When a man asks for a date, he should pick a place that he can afford, at least in the beginning of a relationship. Now if the woman asks for the date, well that certainly would assume in my mind, that she'd pay. If he chose to 'insist,' that would be bonus in my mind, though certainly I'd assume the woman would be prepared to cover the costs.

Personally in all of my relationships I've thought that it's more fun to predominately have low-cost, impromptu dates in casual settings or cooking special meals with candlelight and great conversations. Yet, there are times that call for 'the hell with the costs, let's live it up' times. Some of course come after a few dates, when there seems to be some 'clicking' going on. Also for special times, such as anniversaries, birthdays, and special times in general.

When I think back I can remember places of casual dates fondly, though not so much the details such as food, conversations. However it is those 'let er' fly times' that really stand out. The weekend at the Ritz, dinner at Lowry's, seeing Les Miserables all in a weekend.

Many more too come to mind. I can remember one time that we, my now ex when we were dating, had theater tickets and then deciding to check in to the hotel on the block. He had to buy both of us a day's clothing, including a coat just because it's Chicago and the temps had dropped 40 degrees. That is still one of my fav memories.

I think there are appropriate times for kindness on both people's parts. I am very leery of someone that wants to drop a large amount of money on initial dates. I'm very appreciative of those that want to do a big deal when involved in more than casual.

There have been times when I have felt it only right to pay for certain things. Like if I have a place in mind that I might like to take someone...like to ride the tram at Sandia Crest. If it was my idea, and since it is kind of pricey...I would feel that it is only right that I pay for it. I'm sure men feel the same way about dates that they initiated also. But... I agree...most of the things I remember with fond memories have more to do with being with the person having fun...not really the venue. One of my favorite memories was playing glow in the dark frisbee and flying a kite at the park at night with an ex boyfriend. Having fun,being silly and just talking.

Gunny
12-31-2011, 12:07 PM

I think when it's calculated like that, then she's a user. Calling herself a "traditionalist" is merely justifying her bad behavior to herself. Planning to date men of means was called gold-digging in my day.

For myself, if I ask a woman to dinner, THEN I am offering dinner. It's on me. However, I don't have to worry much about anyone confusing me of being a "man of means" (unless they wear Levi's, work boots, pearl-snap shirts and ball caps nowadays).:laugh:

jimnyc
12-31-2011, 12:10 PM
I take my dates to White Castle, or Sonic, and they pay for me or I make them walk home.

jimnyc
12-31-2011, 12:16 PM
I take my dates to White Castle, or Sonic, and they pay for me or I make them walk home.

Ok, maybe I stretch the truth a bit. I'm actually the opposite. My mistake was always thinking I needed to "impress" my dates by bringing them to very expensive restaurants and perhaps ordering an expensive bottle of wine. Not so much to think I was getting down her pants that evening, but maybe tipping it in my favor down the road. :)

I've always been one that desires acceptance and love, so I guess in a way I thought I could buy it. I sometimes feel like an ass when I look back on it.

Funny thing is, I "picked up" my wife by buying her a soda at a bar. She was with a collection of people, including her step-sister, who was my sisters friend from work. She never goes to bars, rarely drinks and was driving that night. She thought I was cool because I still shared a chair with her and thought it was ok that she wasn't drinking. What can I say, she's from the sticks in Southern Virginia, and apparently easily impressed! LOL

Man should pay, that's my vote. And the woman should not take advantage, and should respect that, even if the date doesn't lead to anything.

Gunny
12-31-2011, 12:16 PM

We don't have White Castle. It's McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC or Sirloin Stockade here. Occasionally, the Chinese buffet!:laugh:

Shadow
12-31-2011, 12:23 PM

Sounds like an ex boyfriend I had once. Took me to Wendy's...got food at the drive up window...ate it in the car. Took me home and then went and picked up his REAL date for an actual dinner and a movie night out. :laugh2:

Jess
12-31-2011, 12:24 PM
I think when it's calculated like that, then she's a user. Calling herself a "traditionalist" is merely justifying her bad behavior to herself. Planning to date men of means was called gold-digging in my day.

For myself, if I ask a woman to dinner, THEN I am offering dinner. It's on me. However, I don't have to worry much about anyone confusing me of being a "man of means" (unless they wear Levi's, work boots, pearl-snap shirts and ball caps nowadays).:laugh:

Works for me. As do the flannel-lined jeans. ;)

Gunny
12-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Works for me. As do the flannel-lined jeans. ;)

It's cold around here.:cool:

Jess
12-31-2011, 12:37 PM
It's cold around here.:cool:

It is a bit nipply ... er, nippy in these parts.

Admit it: you're jealous of the red plaid flannel pjs that the minion got me.

Shadow
12-31-2011, 01:05 PM

Oh yeah...and remind me to tell you story later about a boyfirend who did this to me once. Punch line though was... the next time we went out, my mom made him put my bike in his trunk LOL

Jess
12-31-2011, 01:30 PM
We don't have White Castle. It's McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC or Sirloin Stockade here. Occasionally, the Chinese buffet!:laugh:

Chili's, Olive Garden and LoneStar Steakhouse are available too.:beer:

Gunny
12-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Chili's, Olive Garden and LoneStar Steakhouse are available too.:beer:

Never heard of 'em.:dunno:

Jess
12-31-2011, 01:34 PM

If you're really good, perhaps I'll let you out of the basement and take you out to dinner one of these days.

Gunny
12-31-2011, 03:16 PM
If you're really good, perhaps I'll let you out of the basement and take you out to dinner one of these days.

Gee ... really?:fu:

ConHog
12-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Oh yeah...and remind me to tell you story later about a boyfirend who did this to me once. Punch line though was... the next time we went out, my mom made him put my bike in his trunk LOL

He made you walk home from a date, and you went out with him again?

Geez louis, if I had pulled that crap on a date with my now wife, two things would have have happened.

1. My my mom would have found out about it and kicked my ass (she loves the little Messican)

2. I would have never heard from her again.

ConHog
12-31-2011, 03:45 PM

Are you serious? Those are all three pretty good eats. Lonestar has some pretty damned good steaks. Not quite Ruth Chris level, but not Applebees either. Chilis is in fact about on par with Applebees.

Jess
12-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Gee ... really?:fu:

ConHog
12-31-2011, 04:09 PM
And one of my wife's favorite dates is a horseback ride and a picnic on a pretty little stream we have running through the back of our property.

Shadow
12-31-2011, 04:52 PM
He made you walk home from a date, and you went out with him again?

Geez louis, if I had pulled that crap on a date with my now wife, two things would have have happened.

1. My my mom would have found out about it and kicked my ass (she loves the little Messican)

2. I would have never heard from her again.

More like we got into a fight...he pulled the car over at a park (very late at night)...made me get out of the car to think about my actions (and cool off). Conditions he placed on me.... I could only get back into the car after I stopped acting "childish". Well...he wasn't paying attention...and I took off and left him in the dust (walking to the nearest circle K and phone).

Once he realized I was gone...it freaked him the hell out, and he started to panic (and looking for me). lol

What can I say...I was only about 17/18 years old...I didn't know any better.