PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo

Guernicaa
05-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Do you think that Tom Tancredo is doing more harm than good by running for president?
Think about it, the Democrats would have had both the 2000 and 2004 election had their not been mysterious glitches in the voting machines and had Ralph Nader not taken away a huge number of Democratic votes.

If Tom Tancredo makes the decision to run as an Independent, he may end up costing the Republicans the election.

lily
05-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I understand Hagel is also thinking of running independent.

Pale Rider
05-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Tancredo isn't an independent. He's a Republican. He's the best Republican there is to run for president. He's not hurting anything.

Abbey Marie
05-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Do you think that Tom Tancredo is doing more harm than good by running for president?
Think about it, the Democrats would have had both the 2000 and 2004 election had their not been mysterious glitches in the voting machines and had Ralph Nader not taken away a huge number of Democratic votes.

If Tom Tancredo makes the decision to run as an Independent, he may end up costing the Republicans the election.

Philly voting machines, for example, arrived in the AM at the polling places for the 2004 election with Dem votes already registered. So it is very possble that mysterious voting machine abnormalities gave Dems falsely inflated voting numbers.

badger
05-17-2007, 01:14 AM
In my opinion, Tancredo does not have a prayer at the nomination. He is a one issue guy. If he ran as an independent, his position on immigration would be at least partially co-opted by the Republican candidate, and he would have little impact on the general election. Besides where would someone like Tancredo get the money to have an impact, as an independent, on the general election?

Pale Rider
05-17-2007, 01:58 AM
In my opinion, Tancredo does not have a prayer at the nomination. He is a one issue guy. If he ran as an independent, his position on immigration would be at least partially co-opted by the Republican candidate, and he would have little impact on the general election. Besides where would someone like Tancredo get the money to have an impact, as an independent, on the general election?

I think your prediction is a little premature. Immigration certainly is what's thrust him into this race and given him notoriety, but it is NOT the only thing this man is about. He's got a website, read it, instead of making off the wall, uneducated guesses.

He gets his money from people like me.

Doniston
05-17-2007, 09:01 AM

If Tom Tancredo makes the decision to run as an Independent, he may end up costing the Republicans the election. I voted YES, But: I really wonder if anyone can actually harm the republicans at this point. They have to get out of the cellar to be able to be harmed. Right now, the Dems have the upper hand.

krisy
05-17-2007, 11:19 AM

Has he somehow insinuated that he might? It seems like Pale would know and he hasn't heard anything.

I though everyone was over that whole "fixed election" business. If Gore would have won,I'm sure all the machines would have been in perfect working order :eek:

Pale Rider
05-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I voted YES, But: I really wonder if anyone can actually harm the republicans at this point. They have to get out of the cellar to be able to be harmed. Right now, the Dems have the upper hand.

What planet have you been living on? :laugh: :lol: :lmao: Your BEST man/lady can't beat our WORST man!

Doniston
05-17-2007, 02:12 PM
What planet have you been living on? :laugh: :lol: :lmao: Your BEST man/lady can't beat our WORST man! Not worthy of comment on the issue.

GW in Ohio
05-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, Tancredo's got the same chance at the nomination as some of you right-wing wackos have of getting invited to dinner at Hillary Clinton's.

What is he currently polling? .001% of the GOP vote?

Hugh Lincoln
05-28-2007, 02:11 PM

But what we know in retrospect is that Republicans/conservatives didn't make out so well from the Nader plunder. And I wonder if we'd fare worse if Tancredo DID pull a Nader and the Democrats won the White House? If there were a strong front-running Republican on immigration who saw the need for an America-first foreign policy, too, then I'd tell Tancredo to cool it. But until then...

Pale Rider
05-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Yeah, Tancredo's got the same chance at the nomination as some of you right-wing wackos have of getting invited to dinner at Hillary Clinton's.

What is he currently polling? .001% of the GOP vote?

With the way this amnesty bill is getting rammed down the throat of Americans that are the majority opposed, ole Tancredo's chances look better every day. If this bill passes, he has a REAL good chance of being the republican nomination. People will want him to rewrite the bill.

So I'm going to remember your prediction. I'll want see how wrong you were.

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 02:44 AM
With the way this amnesty bill is getting rammed down the throat of Americans that are the majority opposed, ole Tancredo's chances look better every day. If this bill passes, he has a REAL good chance of being the republican nomination. People will want him to rewrite the bill.

So I'm going to remember your prediction. I'll want see how wrong you were.

I thought he supported the amnesty bill?