PDA

View Full Version : Ho, ho, ho! Senators exchange Secret Santa gifts

Shadow
12-13-2011, 12:36 AM
So... apparently our senators celebrate the holidays just like us peons do :)

Even participated in a secret Santa gift exchange...and incase you were wondering what your favorite senators gave each other...

WASHINGTON -- Putting aside fights over the payroll tax cut and other year-end issues, the Senate was buzzing with some rare bipartisanship Monday night as 61 senators (22 Republicans, 39 Democrats) gathered in the Capitol for a Secret Santa gift exchange.
Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., was the ringleader for the holiday soiree and it seemed to be a big hit. The gifts exchanged were everything from Buffalo wing sauce, to Texas salsa, to a donkey and an elephant carved out of West Virginia coal.
"We used to do this back in school in Minnesota and it was just a fun way of solving the Christmas gift-giving problem and maybe make a friend of someone you didn't know so well," Franken said in a statement. "So, I decided, 'What the heck, let's do it here.'"
Many of the senators emerged from the reception proudly showing off their gifts. The limit was $10.

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/12/9399904-ho-ho-ho-senators-exchange-secret-santa-gifts

Must have been a very slow news day today.

ConHog
12-13-2011, 12:38 AM
So... apparently our senators celebrate the holidays just like us peons do :)

Even participated in a secret Santa gift exchange...and incase you were wondering what your favorite senators gave each other...

WASHINGTON -- Putting aside fights over the payroll tax cut and other year-end issues, the Senate was buzzing with some rare bipartisanship Monday night as 61 senators (22 Republicans, 39 Democrats) gathered in the Capitol for a Secret Santa gift exchange.
Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., was the ringleader for the holiday soiree and it seemed to be a big hit. The gifts exchanged were everything from Buffalo wing sauce, to Texas salsa, to a donkey and an elephant carved out of West Virginia coal.
"We used to do this back in school in Minnesota and it was just a fun way of solving the Christmas gift-giving problem and maybe make a friend of someone you didn't know so well," Franken said in a statement. "So, I decided, 'What the heck, let's do it here.'"
Many of the senators emerged from the reception proudly showing off their gifts. The limit was $10.

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/12/9399904-ho-ho-ho-senators-exchange-secret-santa-gifts

Must have been a very slow news day today.

Should have had someone give each and every one of them a swift kick in the ass. Merry fucking Christmas you scum bags.

fj1200
12-13-2011, 08:49 AM
^Except the day that they created the TSA; now that was some good work. :poke:

Abbey Marie
12-13-2011, 09:09 AM

Dear lord, are you mixed breed, or pure terrier?

fj1200
12-13-2011, 09:11 AM
^Relax, just pokin'.

ConHog
12-13-2011, 09:25 AM

Yep, everyday that the government creates a new paramilitary organization that strip searches old ladies for pure enjoyment is a great day in my book. :lame2:

Shadow
12-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Yep, everyday that the government creates a new paramilitary organization that strip searches old ladies for pure enjoyment is a great day in my book. :lame2:

Riiight,because all tales of violations must be "lies". Cancer survivors asked to remove silicone breasts in public,kids being felt up,granny's strip searched. Sorry ConHog too many stories like this not to have merit of abuse come out of the TSA. Where there is smoke there is fire IMO.

Now...back to Secret Santa gifts...

ConHog
12-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Riiight,because all tales of violations must be "lies". Cancer survivors asked to remove silicone breasts in public,kids being felt up,granny's strip searched. Sorry ConHog too many stories like this not to have merit of abuse come out of the TSA. Where there is smoke there is fire IMO.

Now...back to Secret Santa gifts...

As I said in the other thread. I don't doubt there are real things happening that need to be addressed. I also don't doubt that people are liars. Especially when it comes to claiming the popo did things to them that weren't done. I've seen it first hand, both ways.

Shadow
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
As I said in the other thread. I don't doubt there are real things happening that need to be addressed. I also don't doubt that people are liars. Especially when it comes to claiming the popo did things to them that weren't done. I've seen it first hand, both ways.

Well...the 80 year old grandma that you keep harping on has not been proven to be a "liar"...infact she has her kids backing her up (plus other grandma's with similar stories about the very same TSA agents). At any rate she is taking the TSA to court and doesn't seem to be backing down on this. Time will tell...and since a bill is being introduced to address these abuses...these stories obviously have merit.

Anyway...I like it that one of the senators got 3 lumps of coal from his secret santa LOL. I think that's what they all should get this year.

12-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Well...the 80 year old grandma that you keep harping on has not been proven to be a "liar"...infact she has her kids backing her up (plus other grandma's with similar stories about the very same TSA agents). At any rate she is taking the TSA to court and doesn't seem to be backing down on this. Time will tell...and since a bill is being introduced to address these abuses...these stories obviously have merit.

Anyway...I like it that one of the senators got 3 lumps of coal from his secret santa LOL. I think that's what they all should get this year.

Why should they recieve sources of energy while preventing the People from creating their own?