PDA

View Full Version : Is God deciding the NFL race?

gabosaurus
12-13-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't know about you folks, but I find it a bit disturbing that The Almighty could be taking sides.

Broncos QB Tim Tebow is winning games because of God, pure and simple ... this according to a pastor at a Colorado church with ties to the Tebow family.

Pastor Wayne Hanson -- who runs Summit Church in Castle Rock, CO where Tim's dad often speaks -- tells TMZ God is actively intervening in Denver Broncos football games ... and aiding Tim on the field because of his strong faith.

Hanson tells us, "It's not luck. Luck isn't winning 6 games in a row. It's favor. God's favor."

Pastor Hanson adds, "God has blessed his hard work."

We asked Hanson if Tebow would be winning games if he wasn't such a strong believer -- and the pastor replied, "No, of course not."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/12/tim-tebow-god-pastor-wayne-hanson/#.TuZPt3J2ODl

ConHog
12-13-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't know about you folks, but I find it a bit disturbing that The Almighty could be taking sides.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/12/tim-tebow-god-pastor-wayne-hanson/#.TuZPt3J2ODl

That's odd , Tim himself is adamant in his belief that God plays no part in which team wins a football game. he merely thanks Him for providing him with his talents.

Trigg
12-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Here's a better question. Why are liberals so offended by the fact that the man prays???He's been ridiculed and I can't help but think that if he belonged to any religion other than christian they wouldn't be making fun of him the way they are. Here is a straight white male, the only demographic it is still politically correct to make fun of.

DragonStryk72
12-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Here's a better question. Why are liberals so offended by the fact that the man prays???He's been ridiculed and I can't help but think that if he belonged to any religion other than christian they wouldn't be making fun of him the way they are. Here is a straight white male, the only demographic it is still politically correct to make fun of.

Actually, I don't think she's picking at Tebow, but the preacher who seems to think that winning six straight games can be nothing by the Hand of God, and despite my giving a lesson on the liturgical calendar to Noir, that man deserves to be made fun for it. Screw your "We've trained pretty much our whole lives, and have learned to how to work best as a team" crap, what the hell does that matter in football? Nope, it's gotta be God.

Personally, I'd think God would focus more on our troops lives overseas than a football, but I'm not a preacher, so what would I know?

Trigg
12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Actually, I don't think she's picking at Tebow, but the preacher who seems to think that winning six straight games can be nothing by the Hand of God, and despite my giving a lesson on the liturgical calendar to Noir, that man deserves to be made fun for it. Screw your "We've trained pretty much our whole lives, and have learned to how to work best as a team" crap, what the hell does that matter in football? Nope, it's gotta be God.Personally, I'd think God would focus more on our troops lives overseas than a football, but I'm not a preacher, so what would I know?I don't think god intervens in that way either, but I'm annoyed that people seem to think it's just fine to redicule the guy.

jimnyc
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
God is a Steelers fan, and that's why they lead and have 6 Superbowl wins. :coffee:

Trigg
12-21-2011, 03:37 PM
God is a Steelers fan, and that's why they lead and have 6 Superbowl wins. :coffee:Who are the steelers :)

jimnyc
12-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Who are the steelers :)

That's not funny, woman!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oqvN9J5gJXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest
little house with a faded Colts flag in the window. "This house is yours
for eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets
a house up here." Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.
On his way up to the porch, he noticed another house just around the
corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a black and gold sidewalk, a 50-ft
tall flag pole with an enormous Steeler flag, and in every window, a
Terrible Towel.

Peyton looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I
have a question. I was an all-pro quaterback, I hold many NFL records and I
even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said, "So what's your point, Peyton?"

"Well, why does Ben Roethlisberger get a better house than me?"

God chuckled and said, "Peyton, that's not Ben's house, it's mine"

ConHog
12-21-2011, 03:45 PM
God is a Steelers fan, and that's why they lead and have 6 Superbowl wins. :coffee:

Oh please, everyone knows that Dallas is God's team.

jimnyc
12-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh please, everyone knows that Dallas is God's team.

Then why did he put Tony Romo on their team? LOL

ConHog
12-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Then why did he put Tony Romo on their team? LOL

That's my point. They win games even with that goof as their QB.

Proof positive that God is helping them out.

revelarts
12-21-2011, 04:31 PM

the real question is, are you on God's side.

gabosaurus
12-30-2011, 07:40 PM
the real question is, are you on God's side.

Sure I am. God is a known Dodgers fan. Why else would he have made the sky Dodger Blue?

Otherwise, I doubt God watches American football. Since God is a very busy man, I am guessing he is probably a cricket fan. Where else can you turn your back for a couple of hours and nothing happens? ;)

Gunny
12-31-2011, 12:35 PM
When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest
little house with a faded Colts flag in the window. "This house is yours
for eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets
a house up here." Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.
On his way up to the porch, he noticed another house just around the
corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a black and gold sidewalk, a 50-ft
tall flag pole with an enormous Steeler flag, and in every window, a
Terrible Towel.

Peyton looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I
have a question. I was an all-pro quaterback, I hold many NFL records and I
even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said, "So what's your point, Peyton?"

"Well, why does Ben Roethlisberger get a better house than me?"

God chuckled and said, "Peyton, that's not Ben's house, it's mine"

Excellent. :laugh:

Gunny
12-31-2011, 12:35 PM
That's my point. They win games even with that goof as their QB.

Proof positive that God is helping them out.

Not to mention he saddled Dallas with Jerry Jones.

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 01:40 PM

straw horse. Nobody cares that Tebow prays. They do sometimes reject the idea that Tebow won't respect the sacred separation between church and sport.

Lemme ask you a question.....suppose Tebow was a Muslim. Would you object if he repeatedly bowed to and praised Allah on screen while you were trying to enjoy a secular sporting event?

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Not to mention he saddled Dallas with Jerry Jones.

how does any poster get 212,000 rep points?

jimnyc
01-01-2012, 01:51 PM
straw horse. Nobody cares that Tebow prays. They do sometimes reject the idea that Tebow won't respect the sacred separation between church and sport.

Lemme ask you a question.....suppose Tebow was a Muslim. Would you object if he repeatedly bowed to and praised Allah on screen while you were trying to enjoy a secular sporting event?

I've seen "praying" in the NFL as long as I've been watching, which is like 35 years or in that range. Many times you'll see a select few members praying at midfield prior to or after the game. Those not interested just do their own thing.

I can only speak for myself on the Muslim thing. I can point out some current and former Muslim players. If they want to drop a prayer rug and face Mecca on the sidelines, I couldn't care less, so long as nothing is being pushed on anyone. Same for the Christians praying, don't care, so long as Tebow, or the midfield prayers, are harming or forcing anything on anyone.

By being a member for a very long time and making an awful lot of posts.

ConHog
01-01-2012, 02:21 PM
I've seen "praying" in the NFL as long as I've been watching, which is like 35 years or in that range. Many times you'll see a select few members praying at midfield prior to or after the game. Those not interested just do their own thing.

I can only speak for myself on the Muslim thing. I can point out some current and former Muslim players. If they want to drop a prayer rug and face Mecca on the sidelines, I couldn't care less, so long as nothing is being pushed on anyone. Same for the Christians praying, don't care, so long as Tebow, or the midfield prayers, are harming or forcing anything on anyone.

Not true, but I'm special like that. I thank God for my abilities. :laugh2:

ConHog
01-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Don't beg for rep.I gave you some anyway. :laugh:

jimnyc
01-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Not true, but I'm special like that. I thank God for my abilities. :laugh2:

Look at your post count though, there's a bunch of factors that go into the rep count, and then even more factors which determine your rep power. It's just for fun anyway. I'd certainly never use it as a gauge as to who might be a better member than another. It fluctuates, but outside of trolls who didn't last long anyway, seems like almost everyone ends up on the plus side of things.

ConHog
01-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Look at your post count though, there's a bunch of factors that go into the rep count, and then even more factors which determine your rep power. It's just for fun anyway. I'd certainly never use it as a gauge as to who might be a better member than another. It fluctuates, but outside of trolls who didn't last long anyway, seems like almost everyone ends up on the plus side of things.

No, I'm just an incredibly brilliant poster who makes well thought out arguments to my always correct beliefs, and thus receive lots of love from people on both sides of the issues.

Least that is what I'm telling myself, so stop trying to take that away from me you bastard. :laugh2:

Also, I was told when I joined that at on my one year anniversary I could trade my points for articles of Chloe's clothing. Now you're telling me they are worthless?

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 02:48 PM

so you won't object to seeing somebody high profile like Tom Brady celebrating his deep faith in Allah every time he gets a camera shoved in his face?

I think that religion ought to be kept between you and your god, much the same as I feel about gay sex. I dun't want to hear about it. It isn't football, it isn't politics, it isn't a socially important issue. It's just one freak doing another freak.

Just my opinion of course. It matters not if it is scientology or islam, or Israeli lobbyists messing with our politics.

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 02:50 PM

6300 posts doesn't seem like all that many compared to 220,000 rep points. Do you get 200,000 rep points when you become a supermod?

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Don't beg for rep.I gave you some anyway. :laugh:

thanks, I really don't pay any attention to rep, but you gotta admit 220,000 is an awful lot of em. 74 active members, 365 days in a year. Do the math:laugh:

ConHog
01-01-2012, 02:52 PM
so you won't object to seeing somebody high profile like Tom Brady celebrating his deep faith in Allah every time he gets a camera shoved in his face?

I think that religion ought to be kept between you and your god, much the same as I feel about gay sex. I dun't want to hear about it. It isn't football, it isn't politics, it isn't a socially important issue. It's just one freak doing another freak.

Just my opinion of course. It matters not if it is scientology or islam, or Israeli lobbyists messing with our politics.

Nope, don't care. If a guy wasnts to point at a pair of big tits in the stand and sing "praise be to boobies" or praise a tree or praise allah, who cares?

Why? You might ought read the first amendment some time.

ConHog
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
thanks, I really don't pay any attention to rep, but you gotta admit 220,000 is an awful lot of em. 74 active members, 365 days in a year. Do the math:laugh:

I send naked pics of myself to all the women who rep me.

Jim reps me twenty times a day hoping I'll send him one to. :laugh2:

jimnyc
01-01-2012, 02:58 PM

Wouldn't bother me at all. My favorite NFL player right now says a short prayer after every single play. I don't care if he's talking to God, Allah, Muhammed or anyone else.

jimnyc
01-01-2012, 03:00 PM
6300 posts doesn't seem like all that many compared to 220,000 rep points. Do you get 200,000 rep points when you become a supermod?

There are threads explaining how the rep points are determined. It's not as difficult as you are making it out to sound. Lots of time, posts, starting new threads... not that hard. No points are given for being any type of member.

jimnyc
01-01-2012, 03:01 PM

Even funnier math - someone with a couple thousand posts with very little to no rep. Speaks VOLUMES as to what the community over time feels about certain types of members! :laugh2:

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Even funnier math - someone with a couple thousand posts with very little to no rep. Speaks VOLUMES as to what the community over time feels about certain types of members! :laugh2:

more than you might think, it also says a lot about those with lots of rep.

The latter prolly treat this forum like a popularity contest. While the former may just consider it an insult to be popular among today's electorate.

In my case it is my responsibility to cause cognitive dissonance.

‘It is the duty of a newspaper to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.’ ~H L Mencken

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Nope, don't care. If a guy wasnts to point at a pair of big tits in the stand and sing "praise be to boobies" or praise a tree or praise allah, who cares?

Why? You might ought read the first amendment some time.

speech doesn't apply to television. In fact MOST of what is said on TV is regulated via contracts. Like I said, to me is is like gays parading. I don't care what they do in their bedroom. But I care what they do on my television screen during a secular sporting event.

I could consider an invasive pervasive message to be an intentional violation of my own privacy.

jimnyc
01-01-2012, 03:32 PM
more than you might think, it also says a lot about those with lots of rep.

The latter prolly treat this forum like a popularity contest. While the former may just consider it an insult to be popular among today's electorate.

In my case it is my responsibility to cause cognitive dissonance.

‘It is the duty of a newspaper to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.’ ~H L Mencken

I won't even attempt to dispute what you say about the popularity contest. I've always said the same myself, and I've always said it should never be used as a gauge and never to be taken seriously. It is what it is though, unless a website can guarantee a 50/50 split on "sides", it'll never be an equal tool. But I do assure you that not so popular members will still get positive rep from people here if they make well thought out posts, and very popular members will sometimes get neg repped when they act likes asses. It's not a perfect science, but it's fun.

jimnyc
01-01-2012, 03:34 PM
speech doesn't apply to television. In fact MOST of what is said on TV is regulated via contracts. Like I said, to me is is like gays parading. I don't care what they do in their bedroom. But I care what they do on my television screen during a secular sporting event.

I could consider an invasive pervasive message to be an intentional violation of my own privacy.

I hope you're not a Nascar fan at all! Nothing like 100,000+ people going silent so the invocation can be performed before each race! :coffee:

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I hope you're not a Nascar fan at all! Nothing like 100,000+ people going silent so the invocation can be performed before each race! :coffee:

what is a nas car?

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 08:15 PM
6 completions on 22 attempts for 60 yards, 3 points and 1 interception.......

jimnyc
01-01-2012, 08:23 PM
6 completions on 22 attempts for 60 yards, 3 points and 1 interception.......

I hope he sucks that much next week, Denver back in later in the day and the Steelers travel to play Tebow next week.

ConHog
01-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Oh, I see you're one of those thinks freedom of religion means freedom FROM religion. It does not and your rights are NOT violated by others praying.

I suggest a reading of the first amendment.

loosecannon
01-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Oh, I see you're one of those thinks freedom of religion means freedom FROM religion. It does not and your rights are NOT violated by others praying.

I suggest a reading of the first amendment.

you are quite a hoot. No religion has the same protections as any particular religion does.

And the first amendment says jack shit about religious fanatics (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1280&bih=777&site=webhp&sa=X&ei=IBkBT8_sIYaQiALk3LCEDQ&ved=0CCAQvwUoAQ&q=proselytizing&spell=1) proselytizing during televised sporting events.

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." ~ Carl Sagan

gabosaurus
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Poor Tebow. After Baltimore comes to Denver next week, Broncos fans are going to be looking for Judas.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/tebow-christ2.jpg

jimnyc
01-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Sorry, Gabs, but it's the Steelers who go to Denver next week!

ConHog
01-02-2012, 02:27 PM
you are quite a hoot. No religion has the same protections as any particular religion does.

And the first amendment says jack shit about religious fanatics (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1280&bih=777&site=webhp&sa=X&ei=IBkBT8_sIYaQiALk3LCEDQ&ved=0CCAQvwUoAQ&q=proselytizing&spell=1) proselytizing during televised sporting events.

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." ~ Carl Sagan

No sir, the First Amendment says freedom OF religion. THAT is the only religious right guaranteed never to be violated by the federal government . You aren't guaranteed the right to not hear about religion. PERIOD.

That being said, Networks and football teams have NO requirement to guarantee jack shit. If the NFL were to tell Tebow to shut up about his religeon, they would be within their rights to do so. It appears that instead they are telling you and others who don't want to hear about it to shut up. Don't like it, turn the channel.

loosecannon
01-04-2012, 06:19 PM
No sir, the First Amendment says freedom OF religion. THAT is the only religious right guaranteed never to be violated by the federal government . You aren't guaranteed the right to not hear about religion. PERIOD.

That being said, Networks and football teams have NO requirement to guarantee jack shit. If the NFL were to tell Tebow to shut up about his religeon, they would be within their rights to do so. It appears that instead they are telling you and others who don't want to hear about it to shut up. Don't like it, turn the channel.

no religion is a religion.

You quote the constitution and then say the NFL is within their rights to tell Tebow to shut his yap about his religious zealotry? What about freedom of speech?

The point of the thread is that "leftards" are all panty bunched about Tebow going off on God every time he gets near a microphone. Which begs the question about whether "rightards" would be going apoplectic if say,....the NFL told Tebow to shut his yap about God, or if Tebow suddenly started a non stop praise allah sermon etc.

The point is that you can be sure that "rightards" are just as hypocritical and short sighted and full of false rationales for their rightarded world views as leftards are.

You just know for a fact that anybody who opens a thread criticizing leftards or rightards is a lying sack of brown sauce.

So you know it is justifiable and necessary to point at them and laugh. And I do.

Just saying.

ConHog
01-04-2012, 06:22 PM
no religion is a religion.

You quote the constitution and then say the NFL is within their rights to tell Tebow to shut his yap about his religious zealotry? What about freedom of speech?

The point of the thread is that "leftards" are all panty bunched about Tebow going off on God every time he gets near a microphone. Which begs the question about whether "rightards" would be going apoplectic if say,....the NFL told Tebow to shut his yap about God, or if Tebow suddenly started a non stop praise allah sermon etc.

The point is that you can be sure that "rightards" are just as hypocritical and short sighted and full of false rationales for their rightarded world views as leftards are.

You just know for a fact that anybody who opens a thread criticizing leftards or rightards is a lying sack of brown sauce.

So you know it is justifiable and necessary to point at them and laugh. And I do.

Just saying.

The First Amendment applies to the US government ONLY, it doesn't apply to the NFL.

If it did then the NFL would have to get a court order to drug their employees, but since it doesn't they don't.

loosecannon
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
The First Amendment applies to the US government ONLY, it doesn't apply to the NFL.

If it did then the NFL would have to get a court order to drug their employees, but since it doesn't they don't.

I am sorry, aren't you the same poster who was arguing in another thread that the constitution has always mandated that federal laws, specifically the bill of rights, always trump state law?

The NFL "drugs" their employees with voluntary consent based upon a doctor's prescription. No court order is nec..

loosecannon
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
No sir, the First Amendment says freedom OF religion. THAT is the only religious right guaranteed never to be violated by the federal government .

since at least two of our founders were agnostics, and since the colonies had a history of compulsory religious participation (enforced by torture) I am quite confident that they interpreted religious freedom to include the freedom to practice no religion. Because to believe otherwise is to believe that they endorsed mandatory religious activity. Which would be barbaric.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 02:10 PM
since at least two of our founders were agnostics, and since the colonies had a history of compulsory religious participation (enforced by torture) I am quite confident that they interpreted religious freedom to include the freedom to practice no religion. Because to believe otherwise is to believe that they endorsed mandatory religious activity. Which would be barbaric.

Of course you are free to practice no religion, or even to openly hate religion. WHat you are NOT free to do is tell others that you don't want them enjoying their rights in front of you.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I am sorry, aren't you the same poster who was arguing in another thread that the constitution has always mandated that federal laws, specifically the bill of rights, always trump state law?

The NFL "drugs" their employees with voluntary consent based upon a doctor's prescription. No court order is nec..

Actually, I don't believe incorporation was ever the founder's intent. Not that has anything to do with THIS thread.

And once again, there is no way you can claim the COTUS protects you from having to see someone else celebrate their faith. That's just you being selfish and only wanting to enjoy YOUR rights.

loosecannon
01-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Actually, I don't believe incorporation was ever the founder's intent. Not that has anything to do with THIS thread.

And once again, there is no way you can claim the COTUS protects you from having to see someone else celebrate their faith. That's just you being selfish and only wanting to enjoy YOUR rights.

Well the constitution allegedly guarantees me the right to enjoy my rights. None of which is the point. A balance must be struck. The exercise of one person's rights must be weighed against the exercise of another's rights.

My right to freedom of speech ends when I yell "fire" in a crowded theater. And your right to pursuit of happiness ends when your nose strikes my fist.

I've got a riddle I wanted to share with you. Let's see if you can understand the bolded portions of these lyrics. Extra points if you can understand the entire piece. The underlined portion is the hint:

Oh, the ragman draws circles
Up and down the block
I'd ask him what the matter was
But I know that he don't talk
And the ladies treat me kindly
And furnish me with tape
But deep inside my heart
I know I can't escape
Oh, Mama, can this really be the end
To be stuck inside of Mobile
With the Memphis blues again.

Well Shakespeare he's in the alley
With his pointed shoes and his bells
Speaking to some French girl
Who says she knows me well
And I would send a message
To find out if she's talked
But the post office has been stolen
And the mailbox is locked

Mona tried to tell me
To stay away from the train line
She said that all the railroad men
Just drink up your blood like wine
And I said "Oh I didn't know that
But then again there's only one I've met
And he just smoked my eyelids
And punched my cigarette"
Grandpa died last week
And now he's buried in the rocks
But everybody still talks about
How badly they were shocked
But me, I expected it to happen
I knew he'd lost control
When he built a fire on Main Street
And shot it full of holes

Now the senator came down here
Showing ev'ryone his gun
Handing out free tickets
To the wedding of his son
And me, I nearly get bursted
And wouldn't it be my luck
To get caught without a ticket
And be discovered beneath a truck

Now the preacher looked so baffled
When I asked him why he dressed
With twenty pounds of headlines
Stapled to his chest
But he cursed me when I proved it to him
Then I whispered, "Not even you can hide
You see, you're just like me
I hope you're satisfied"
Now the rainman gave me two cures
Then he said, "Jump right in"
The one was Texas medicine
The other was just railroad gin
And like a fool I mixed them
And it strangled up my mind
And now, people just get uglier
And I have no sense of time

When Ruthie says come see her
In her honky-tonk lagoon
Where I can watch her waltz for free
'Neath her Panamanian moon
And I say, "Aw come on now
You know you know about my debutante"
And she says, "Your debutante just knows what you need
But I know what you want"

Now the bricks lay on Grand Street
Where the neon madmen climb
They all fall there so perfectly
It all seems so well timed
And here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice
Oh, Mama, is this really the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9LDBEtKK4

ConHog
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Well the constitution allegedly guarantees me the right to enjoy my rights. None of which is the point. A balance must be struck. The exercise of one person's rights must be weighed against the exercise of another's rights.

My right to freedom of speech ends when I yell "fire" in a crowded theater. And your right to pursuit of happiness ends when your nose strikes my fist.

I've got a riddle I wanted to share with you. Let's see if you can understand the bolded portions of these lyrics. Extra points if you can understand the entire piece. The underlined portion is the hint:

Oh, the ragman draws circles
Up and down the block
I'd ask him what the matter was
But I know that he don't talk
And the ladies treat me kindly
And furnish me with tape
But deep inside my heart
I know I can't escape

Well Shakespeare he's in the alley
With his pointed shoes and his bells
Speaking to some French girl
Who says she knows me well
And I would send a message
To find out if she's talked
But the post office has been stolen
And the mailbox is locked

Mona tried to tell me
To stay away from the train line
She said that all the railroad men
Just drink up your blood like wine
And I said "Oh I didn't know that
But then again there's only one I've met
And he just smoked my eyelids
And punched my cigarette"
Grandpa died last week
And now he's buried in the rocks
But everybody still talks about
How badly they were shocked
But me, I expected it to happen
I knew he'd lost control
When he built a fire on Main Street
And shot it full of holes

Now the senator came down here
Showing ev'ryone his gun
Handing out free tickets
To the wedding of his son
And me, I nearly get bursted
And wouldn't it be my luck
To get caught without a ticket
And be discovered beneath a truck

Now the preacher looked so baffled
When I asked him why he dressed
With twenty pounds of headlines
Stapled to his chest
But he cursed me when I proved it to him
Then I whispered, "Not even you can hide
You see, you're just like me
I hope you're satisfied"
Now the rainman gave me two cures
Then he said, "Jump right in"
The one was Texas medicine
The other was just railroad gin
And like a fool I mixed them
And it strangled up my mind
And now, people just get uglier
And I have no sense of time

When Ruthie says come see her
In her honky-tonk lagoon
Where I can watch her waltz for free
'Neath her Panamanian moon
And I say, "Aw come on now
You know you know about my debutante"
And she says, "Your debutante just knows what you need
But I know what you want"

Now the bricks lay on Grand Street
Where the neon madmen climb
They all fall there so perfectly
It all seems so well timed
And here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice
Oh, Mama, is this really the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9LDBEtKK4

what balance? the COTUS can NOT be applied to the NFL, nor any of the networks. It ONLY applies to the government. ONLY they are compelled to allow you your freedom.

An analogy is you have the freedom of speech, BUT that does NOT mean Jim has to let you post whatever you like on HIS board.

You're trying to overthink this.

loosecannon
01-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Of course you are free to practice no religion, or even to openly hate religion. WHat you are NOT free to do is tell others that you don't want them enjoying their rights in front of you.

So if my religion happened to involve killing christians it would not only be fine for me to practice it but to do so in front of you regardless of your objections?

What if my religion involved jihad against christians? Or what if my religion involved animal sacrifice? Would it be cool to practice it in plain sight within a public broadcast? Or in the middle of the block in front of your church? Would you tell those animal rights activists to respect my freedom of religion even while I skinned live puppies in front of them? In the name of giving praise to God of course.

Your argument sort of reminds me of the whackos who protest the funerals of Iraq veterans preaching a message that their deaths were God's retribution for the US empowering homosexuals.

Of course I have similar contempt for all religions, don't think I single any of them out. If a religion isn't buttfucking little boyz behind the seclusion of it's fraternal order, or condoning war, genocide, racism, sexism, suicide bombings, violent suppression of women's rights, pillaging whole continents and converting the natives by force of torture, threat of death, nuclear destruction or massacre, then it probably isn't a religion that has yet become very popular amongst Caucasians. And btw, Iranians are the original Aryans, and Arabs are white people. Zionist Jews are antisemitic.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 10:33 PM
My
So if my religion happened to involve killing christians it would not only be fine for me to practice it but to do so in front of you regardless of your objections?

What if my religion involved jihad against christians? Or what if my religion involved animal sacrifice? Would it be cool to practice it in plain sight within a public broadcast? Or in the middle of the block in front of your church? Would you tell those animal rights activists to respect my freedom of religion even while I skinned live puppies in front of them? In the name of giving praise to God of course.

Your argument sort of reminds me of the whackos who protest the funerals of Iraq veterans preaching a message that their deaths were God's retribution for the US empowering homosexuals.

Of course I have similar contempt for all religions, don't think I single any of them out. If a religion isn't buttfucking little boyz behind the seclusion of it's fraternal order, or condoning war, genocide, racism, sexism, suicide bombings, violent suppression of women's rights, pillaging whole continents and converting the natives by force of torture, threat of death, nuclear destruction or massacre, then it probably isn't a religion that has yet become very popular amongst Caucasians. And btw, Iranians are the original Aryans, and Arabs are white people. Zionist Jews are antisemitic.

My mistake, I thought you were a grownup looking for an actual adult conversation.

loosecannon
01-05-2012, 10:33 PM
what balance? the COTUS can NOT be applied to the NFL, nor any of the networks. It ONLY applies to the government. ONLY they are compelled to allow you your freedom.

An analogy is you have the freedom of speech, BUT that does NOT mean Jim has to let you post whatever you like on HIS board.

You're trying to overthink this.

But weren't you going on about how the bill of rights trumped all state laws in another thread nearby? Surely if the bill of rights trumps state laws (according to you) then it trumps the NFL.

You might be guilty of underthinking this, just saying.

And you didn't indicate whether or not you got the riddles in the songs.

Man up, I am patiently trying to teach you something, son. Stop arguing and start listening.

loosecannon
01-05-2012, 10:34 PM
My

My mistake, I thought you were a grownup looking for an actual adult conversation.

Oh I am your elder, both intellectually and literally. And I am all about adult conversation.

But you can't handle the truth. It skeers you. Which is a pity.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Oh I am your elder, both intellectually and literally. And I am all about adult conversation.

But you can't handle the truth. It skeers you. Which is a pity.

no, an adult doesn't start talking about human sacrifice and animal cruelty, not to mention sexual perversion when discussing the first amendment.

An adult also understands that the COTUS does not prevent the NFL from allowing it's players to praise God during a televised game.

As for your riddle, it's irrelevant to this thread.

As for your comments about intelligence, we barely know each other so you really can't judge my intelligence, nor I yours. But you'd have to be pretty goddamned smart to be smarter than me, and so far I don't see proof of that.

loosecannon
01-06-2012, 09:42 PM
no, an adult doesn't start talking about human sacrifice and animal cruelty, not to mention sexual perversion when discussing the first amendment.

I was discussing freedom of religion, and all of that has been included in religious practice in the past. The sexual perversion is happening right now all across the Christian community.

An adult also understands that the COTUS does not prevent the NFL from allowing it's players to praise God during a televised game.

But didn't you say as much in another thread?

As for your riddle, it's irrelevant to this thread.

actually it was quite relevant, but the relevance flew over your head.

As for your comments about intelligence, we barely know each other so you really can't judge my intelligence, nor I yours. But you'd have to be pretty goddamned smart to be smarter than me, and so far I don't see proof of that.

I doubt you have a 120 IQ, and even that is probably generous. Or maybe you are only 30 yo and just don't have any sense yet. You don't seem to be able to come close to keeping up with the discussion.

ConHog
01-06-2012, 09:55 PM
I was discussing freedom of religion, and all of that has been included in religious practice in the past. The sexual perversion is happening right now all across the Christian community.

No christian I know of claims that sexual perversion is protected under the first amendment.

But didn't you say as much in another thread?

No

actually it was quite relevant, but the relevance flew over your head.

No it wasn't.

I doubt you have a 120 IQ, and even that is probably generous. Or maybe you are only 30 yo and just don't have any sense yet. You don't seem to be able to come close to keeping up with the discussion.

You're right, I do NOT have an IQ of 120. As for my age, I've mentioned it several times across the board, I'm over 30.

As for keeping up with the discussion. Give me a break, you don't even seem to understand the very simple concept that the COTUS only guarantees certain rights won't be violated by the government. It says NOTHING about private or public companies or individuals.

gabosaurus
01-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Tim Tebow would not bless the hijacking of this thread!! :slap:

hjmick
01-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Yes.

And HE is a Texans fan...

Abbey Marie
01-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Ok, back to the OP.

First, yay Tebow for a fine game yesterday.

Second, if God wanted to get involved in football, he would get more converts by Tebow graciously accepting defeat, and thanking God anyway, than he would by Tebow's reactions to winning.

fj1200
01-09-2012, 01:44 PM
... and thanking God anyway...

True, I remember a couple of years ago the TX? QB, Sam Bradford? thanking God for the opportunity to play in the big game etc. just after he got knocked out in the first quarter? with an injury. That's classy. :clap:

jimnyc
01-09-2012, 01:50 PM
True, I remember a couple of years ago the TX? QB, Sam Bradford? thanking God for the opportunity to play in the big game etc. just after he got knocked out in the first quarter? with an injury. That's classy. :clap:

Bradford is on a crappy team and still shows he has a lot of talent. I wish he would get traded somewhere where he can be better utilized. This kid is a great QB. And this is the first I have heard this story, good for him. He's been nothing but classy in the NFL thus far from what I've seen too.

fj1200
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM
OK, he played for OU; hopefully I didn't muff any other details. :eek:

ConHog
01-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Bradford is on a crappy team and still shows he has a lot of talent. I wish he would get traded somewhere where he can be better utilized. This kid is a great QB. And this is the first I have heard this story, good for him. He's been nothing but classy in the NFL thus far from what I've seen too.

Another good kid. I like seeing them get their shot.

Want to read about a good kid getting his NFL shot. Check out DJ WIlliams from Arkansas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._J._Williams_%28tight_end%29