PDA

View Full Version : Attorney Claims Sandusky Showered with Boys to Teach ‘Basic Hygiene Habits’

red states rule
12-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Not only is this attorney offerng an insane excuse here, but I am sure there will be some people who will accept and believe it

Click on th link and watch the video - but have a barf bag handy just in case

In an interview with WHTM-TV (http://www.abc27.com/), a member of disgraced former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky’s defense team attempted to rationalize his repeated showering with young boys by saying it was simply an attempt to teach the boys personal hygiene.

“Some of these kids don’t have basic hygiene skills,” Karl Rominger told WHTM. “Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/defense-attorney-claims-sandusky-showered-with-boys-to-teach-basic-hygiene-habits/

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://www.abc27.com/global/video/videoplayer.js?rnd=413496;hostDomain=www.abc27.com ;playerWidth=560;playerHeight=315;isShowIcon=true; clipId=6547132;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;a dvertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;island ingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDED script_EMBEDDEDscript_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType= overlay"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://www.abc27.com/global/video/videoplayer.js?rnd=926906;hostDomain=www.abc27.com ;playerWidth=560;playerHeight=315;isShowIcon=true; clipId=6547132;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;a dvertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;island ingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDED script_EMBEDDEDscript_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType= overlay"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://www.abc27.com/global/video/videoplayer.js?rnd=926906;hostDomain=www.abc27.com ;playerWidth=560;playerHeight=315;isShowIcon=true; clipId=6547132;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;a dvertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;island ingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDED script_EMBEDDEDscript_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType= overlay"></SCRIPT>

Gunny
12-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Sorry. I don't get it. Maybe I was in the military too long or something. Or maybe I went to public school where showers were required after PT starting in the 7th grade. I smell someone trying to make some $.

If it turns out otherwise, I have no problem with burning him. All I've seen so far is "he said - she said". If he's convicted for nothing more than that and a public opinion campaign to smear him, that's hardly in accordance with the intent of the US justice system and/or the US Constitution.

red states rule
12-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Sorry. I don't get it. Maybe I was in the military too long or something. Or maybe I went to public school where showers were required after PT starting in the 7th grade. I smell someone trying to make some $.

If it turns out otherwise, I have no problem with burning him. All I've seen so far is "he said - she said". If he's convicted for nothing more than that and a public opinion campaign to smear him, that's hardly in accordance with the intent of the US justice system and/or the US Constitution.

This is a scam of an excuse Gunny. It is like an attorney admitting that while there are witnsses seeing his client shoot and then dump the dead body along the sie of the road, it only means his client may be guilty of littering not murder

Gunny
12-16-2011, 08:05 AM
This is a scam of an excuse Gunny. It is like an attorney admitting that while there are witnsses seeing his client shoot and then dump the dead body along the sie of the road, it only means his client may be guilty of littering not murder

My point stands. I also know the witnesses' stories have changed. Seeing people walk out of the shower just doesn't seem all that odd to me; especially, where sports is concerned. And it PROVES nothing except that two guys were seen walking out of a shower. I've seen no other evidence than accusation(s) not backed by proof.

His lawyer's being paid to win. Personally, I think he needs a new lawyer. His loves the media cameras and the sound of his own voice too much.

The law states he has to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. As of what we know at this point, I'd hang the jury. Period. As more info comes out, my opinion may or may not be changed. Either way, judging the man guilty before the fact is not right, no matter what.

red states rule
12-16-2011, 08:09 AM
My point stands. I also know the witnesses' stories have changed. Seeing people walk out of the shower just doesn't seem all that odd to me; especially, where sports is concerned. And it PROVES nothing except that two guys were seen walking out of a shower. I've seen no other evidence than accusation(s) not backed by proof.

His lawyer's being paid to win. Personally, I think he needs a new lawyer. His loves the media cameras and the sound of his own voice too much.

The law states he has to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. As of what we know at this point, I'd hang the jury. Period. As more info comes out, my opinion may or may not be changed. Either way, judging the man guilty before the fact is not right, no matter what.

Any lawyer who offers such an excuse needs to be fired on the spot.

Sandusky"s own words hang him in my book Gunny. He needs to be locked up and the key melted down

ConHog
12-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Gunny , this guy is already one record once , in 1998, as admitting he had sexual contact with a child. At that point you probably need to never shower with a child again, don't you agree?

red states rule
12-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Gunny , this guy is already one record once , in 1998, as admitting he had sexual contact with a child. At that point you probably need to never shower with a child again, don't you agree?

Seems to me you are rushing to judgement, not waiting for all the facts to come in, going way over the top with outragious assumptions CH