PDA

View Full Version : Extending Unemployment Benefits Will Create 600,000 Jobs

red states rule
12-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Once again, a liberal makes an insane comment, and the liberla media does not take issue with it

If paying people not to work did indeed "create" 600,000 jobs why not send an unemployment check to EVERY worker and non-worker in the nation and "create" tens of millions of jobs?

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/60jJRT_ppAY" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

ConHog
12-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Once again, a liberal makes an insane comment, and the liberla media does not take issue with it

If paying people not to work did indeed "create" 600,000 jobs why not send an unemployment check to EVERY worker and non-worker in the nation and "create" tens of millions of jobs?

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/60jJRT_ppAY" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Once again RSR is an idiot. So what if the liberal media doesn't make a big deal out of liberal idiots? Conservative media don't make a big deal out of conservative idiots making idiotic statements either. Why? Because the media are biased. DUH!!

Cue the " A middle of the roader like you CH doesn't understand that it is only the liberals who do such things" card from RSR. :laugh2:

BoogyMan
12-16-2011, 04:04 PM
One has to wonder why the real journalists in the media, few though they may be, don't demand that Pelosi explain HOW that magical job growth will happen with increased unemployment insurance outlays by the federal government (IE: you and me).

She is constantly allowed to make moronic pronouncements like this without challenge.

Where is the shoe throwing guy when you really need him?

ConHog
12-16-2011, 04:11 PM
One has to wonder why the real journalists in the media, few though they may be, don't demand that Pelosi explain HOW that magical job growth will happen with increased unemployment insurance outlays by the federal government (IE: you and me).

She is constantly allowed to make moronic pronouncements like this without challenge.

Where is the shoe throwing guy when you really need him?

Her delivery was stupid. but I think what she way trying to say is if you give 10,000 people who have no money extended benefits that that would be 10,000 spending money who otherwise would not have been. Now in theory of course that sounds great, hey that's money that wasn't in the economy otherwise, but in practice I don't think it works as well as planned.

logroller
12-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Her delivery was stupid. but I think what she way trying to say is if you give 10,000 people who have no money extended benefits that that would be 10,000 spending money who otherwise would not have been. Now in theory of course that sounds great, hey that's money that wasn't in the economy otherwise, but in practice I don't think it works as well as planned. Pssst. The fed knows best--pass it along.

LuvRPgrl
12-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Her delivery was stupid. but I think what she way trying to say is if you give 10,000 people who have no money extended benefits that that would be 10,000 spending money who otherwise would not have been. Now in theory of course that sounds great, hey that's money that wasn't in the economy otherwise, but in practice I don't think it works as well as planned.

Talk about fuzzy math

LuvRPgrl
12-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Once again RSR is an idiot. So what if the liberal media doesn't make a big deal out of liberal idiots? Conservative media don't make a big deal out of conservative idiots making idiotic statements either. Why? Because the media are biased. DUH!!

Cue the " A middle of the roader like you CH doesn't understand that it is only the liberals who do such things" card from RSR. :laugh2:

apparently you dont understand that the conservative media, save talk radio, doesnt have any conservative outlets.

AS FOR THE 10,000 people spending money that wasnt in the economy, where exactly, pray tell, did it come from, if not the economy?

red states rule
12-18-2011, 07:21 AM

CH you are quickly becomeing s snotty little punk like OCA. You know, you and OCA are alot alike. You both have inflated opinions of yourself. You both are self professed experts on all topics and threads. You both get rally pissed off if anyone does not bow down and worship the ground you walk on (and the water you stroll across) and both of you go looking to start trouble with those who get under your thin skin

Mostly I point out stories like this since Pelosi has the power to try and pass her insane beliefs into law. But I guess that escaped your attention

red states rule
12-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Talk about fuzzy math

And according to San Fran Nan, paying people not to work will create more jobs than Obamacare

Who the hell is dumb enough to believe this crap coming from the Dems?

LuvRPgrl
12-18-2011, 12:05 PM

RSR, he actually thinks it will work, just not as well as planned.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 12:12 PM
RSR, he actually thinks it will work, just not as well as planned.

Yea, I forgot CH is a self professed enconmic and financial expert. I have got remember how long and extensive his resume is :laugh2:

BoogyMan
12-18-2011, 01:44 PM

They are spending borrowed money. No wealth has been created and no lasting effect other than the increase in deficit spending will be realized.

Bad idea, bad policy, moronic assertion. (Pelosi always does make moronic assertions doesn't she?)

LuvRPgrl
12-18-2011, 01:54 PM
They are spending borrowed money. No wealth has been created and no lasting effect other than the increase in deficit spending will be realized.

Bad idea, bad policy, moronic assertion. (Pelosi always does make moronic assertions doesn't she?)

THE only real jobs ever created is making things for productions, and selling them

ConHog
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Talk about fuzzy math

I agree, and if you reread what I wrote you will see that it says exactly that. In theory it sounds wonderful, but in reality that money didn't just appear out of thin air and no doubt the government would have injected into the economy in another manner if not for unemployment benefits.

ConHog
12-18-2011, 04:17 PM

Again, I agree with you .

LuvRPgrl
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
I agree, and if you reread what I wrote . " but in practice I don't think it works as well as planned. "

IS WHAT YOU WROTE. It means, in fact that in reality, it DOES WORK, just not as well as planned.
What bothers me is how you constantly talk out of both sides of your mouth. LIKE "oh, I agree with you, its just that....and I didnt really say that....
cuz Im for it in theory, but in practice Im oppossed to it", whatever "it" is.

you will see that it says exactly that. In theory it sounds wonderful, but in reality that money didn't just appear out of thin air and no doubt the government would have injected into the economy in another manner if not for unemployment benefits.

The money isnt in the hands of the govt for them to inject somewhere else. In fact, the money doesnt even currently exist. I think the proposal right now is to increase the cost of mortgages to pay for it. And its suppose to take like 20 years to pay for a two month extension.

DragonStryk72
12-19-2011, 01:36 AM

True, but the thing I never get with this explanation is that this requires more tax money, which in turn takes more money out of the economy in the long term, since more money is spent to give that money out than the simple amount being given.

red states rule
12-19-2011, 05:11 AM

That is no problem accroding to our resident economics expert. He has stated we as a nation are not broke, so what's the issue here besides going overboard on Pelosi's comment?

red states rule
12-19-2011, 05:13 AM
" but in practice I don't think it works as well as planned. "

IS WHAT YOU WROTE. It means, in fact that in reality, it DOES WORK, just not as well as planned.
What bothers me is how you constantly talk out of both sides of your mouth. LIKE "oh, I agree with you, its just that....and I didnt really say that....
cuz Im for it in theory, but in practice Im oppossed to it", whatever "it" is.

The money isnt in the hands of the govt for them to inject somewhere else. In fact, the money doesnt even currently exist. I think the proposal right now is to increase the cost of mortgages to pay for it. And its suppose to take like 20 years to pay for a two month extension.

Some people actually think all money belongs to the government; and the goverment can spend the money on more worthwhile ventures then the people who earned it