PDA

View Full Version : Congressmen can't say "Merry Christmas" in mailings

jimnyc
12-17-2011, 01:54 PM
In all fairness, it appears all holiday greetings are being banned. But is this what are government is really spending OUR money on? And I'll bet dollars to donuts that it DID start with the Merry Christmas and other Christian greetings. What are they going to do, impeach someone who says "Happy Hannukah". Is "Happy Ramadan" included too? And just WHO is it that does the monitoring? So you can wish someone a great/happy holiday, just don't say the dreaded "Christmas" word. Sickening. And FWIW - I think all holiday greetings should be allowed.

Looks like the PC police have threatened members of the House of Representatives against wishing constituents a "Merry Christmas," if they want to do so in a mailing paid for with tax dollars.

Members who submit official mailings for review by the congressional franking commission that reviews all congressional mail to determine if it can be "franked," or paid for with tax dollars, are being told that no holiday greetings, including "Merry Christmas," can be sent in official mail.

"I called the commission to ask for clarification and was told no 'Merry Christmas.' Also told cannot say 'Happy New Year' but can say 'have a happy new year' – referencing the time period of a new year, but not the holiday," said a Hill staffer who requested anonymity.

Another Hill staffer told The Washington Examiner that "we were given that advice after submitting" a draft mailing.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/congressmen-cant-say-merry-christmas-mail/261466

Missileman
12-17-2011, 02:21 PM
In all fairness, it appears all holiday greetings are being banned. But is this what are government is really spending OUR money on? And I'll bet dollars to donuts that it DID start with the Merry Christmas and other Christian greetings. What are they going to do, impeach someone who says "Happy Hannukah". Is "Happy Ramadan" included too? And just WHO is it that does the monitoring? So you can wish someone a great/happy holiday, just don't say the dreaded "Christmas" word. Sickening. And FWIW - I think all holiday greetings should be allowed.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/congressmen-cant-say-merry-christmas-mail/261466

It appears they can write Merry Christmas until their fingers fall off as long as they pay the postage. Not sure we the taxpayer need to pay their postage anyways.

jimnyc
12-17-2011, 02:48 PM
It appears they can write Merry Christmas until their fingers fall off as long as they pay the postage. Not sure we the taxpayer need to pay their postage anyways.

And if a congressmen is sending something related to his job, and wanted to wish a colleague a "Merry Christmas" in his closing? So it's a business letter, but since he included those 2 words he should now have to pay the postage?

Missileman
12-17-2011, 03:27 PM
And if a congressmen is sending something related to his job, and wanted to wish a colleague a "Merry Christmas" in his closing? So it's a business letter, but since he included those 2 words he should now have to pay the postage?

Why not? The congressman is in total control over whether he has to buy a stamp or not.

I don't think these guy should get free postage for any reason...they're given a substantial office budget.

jimnyc
12-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Why not? The congressman is in total control over whether he has to buy a stamp or not.

I don't think these guy should get free postage for any reason...they're given a substantial office budget.

Then eliminate it for the RIGHT reasons, like you said, because it's not something the taxpayers should pay. But saying it's ok to mail, but NOT if you say "Merry Christmas" is stupid.

LuvRPgrl
12-17-2011, 05:50 PM

It may seem similiar, but THAT is a completley, not even remotely, same topic.
One is an issue about govt funding
the other is about govt promoting religion

Missileman
12-17-2011, 06:29 PM
the other is about govt promoting religion

Sorry, but it's not...unless you can come up with a religion that's represented by "Happy New Year".

LuvRPgrl
12-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Sorry, but it's not...unless you can come up with a religion that's represented by "Happy New Year".

I see you skipped Jimny's post.
Happy new year, well, I do believe our calender has its roots in a religion

logroller
12-17-2011, 10:36 PM

Different religions celebrate the New Year at different times, so it could be seen as expressing some religious interest. January 1st is based on the Gregorian calendar, so it's Christian. The Buddhists celebrate in January or February, it varies by year iirc. Jewish New Year is September or October. Wiccans new year, Samhain, is October 31st. Not sure on Islam, I think its more cultural than religious. But I agree you MM, I think its more important to look at this from a fiscal perspective, which I think is quite politically correct.

Thunderknuckles
12-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Who needs Jihadists. The U.S. is destroying itself from within. We are sanitizing ourselves right into the history books. Sad.

LuvRPgrl
12-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Different religions celebrate the New Year at different times, so it could be seen as expressing some religious interest. January 1st is based on the Gregorian calendar, so it's Christian. The Buddhists celebrate in January or February, it varies by year iirc. Jewish New Year is September or October. Wiccans new year, Samhain, is October 31st. Not sure on Islam, I think its more cultural than religious. But I agree you MM, I think its more important to look at this from a fiscal perspective, which I think is quite politically correct.

thanks for the info. I was going to post some of that myself, but I was hoping to give MM some rope to hang himself with..:laugh:
as for the financial aspect, statistically it has zero impact on the govt, one way or the other. Its akin to finding a penny in your driveway and putting it towards paying off you $500,000 mortgage.

logroller
12-18-2011, 02:45 AM
thanks for the info. I was going to post some of that myself, but I was hoping to give MM some rope to hang himself with..:laugh:
as for the financial aspect, statistically it has zero impact on the govt, one way or the other. Its akin to finding a penny in your driveway and putting it towards paying off you $500,000 mortgage.

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics."-Mark Twain

I always pickup pennies, one way or the other, heads or tails. If I could afford a half a million dollar mortgage, I'd keep the $200k outstanding on the house I already have and buy a sailboat. But I'm quite few pennies away; I'll email and TXT my New Years wishes.

Missileman
12-18-2011, 08:27 AM

That different cultures and countries start their calendars on different days of the year doesn't make it a religious holiday. It certainly isn't a religious holiday here in the US.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 08:30 AM

Yet this same Congress will take their "Christmas recess" and be gone for a couple of weeks WITH PAY

Missileman
12-18-2011, 08:32 AM

So you're for ignoring the federal debt until a $15 trillion pile of money magically appears?

Gunny
12-18-2011, 08:42 AM

Anyone offended by the phrase/well wish "Merry Christmas" can kiss my ass. Instead of going with the intent of the phrase as a pleasantry, the anti-God Squad has to turn it into some big f*ing deal. Thin-skinned, crybaby, still-on-momma's-tit MFing uber-minority demanding to dictate to the majority.

Choke and die, please and leave what's left of this Nation to those who can actually read and comprehend.

Oh and to all it offends ... MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Anyone offended by the phrase/well wish "Merry Christmas" can kiss my ass. Instead of going with the intent of the phrase as a pleasantry, the anti-God Squad has to turn it into some big f*ing deal. Thin-skinned, crybaby, still-on-momma's-tit MFing uber-minority demanding to dictate to the majority.

Choke and die, please and leave what's left of this Nation to those who can actually read and comprehend.

Have yourself a very LIBERAL Christmas

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/112600.jpg

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 10:03 AM

Lovely sentiment. So warm, open hearted and spacious. Jesus would be so pleased.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Lovely sentiment. So warm and open hearted.

People are geting PO'd at the left's annual war on Christmas year after year

I do find it funny libs would be shocked over the "hate" being shown after the left's daily display of tolerance during the 8 years of Pres Bush

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 10:07 AM
People are geting PO'd at the left's annual war on Christmas year after year

I do find it funny libs would be shocked over the "hate" being shown after the left's daily display of tolerance during the 8 years of Pres Bush

The War on Christmas was started by the right wing. They're very into the "Culture War". Let me get a link that proves it. It was John Gibson, a right wing commentator, who wrote a book on it blaming liberals and saying that liberals have a plot to ban Christmas.

It's bull. It was picked up by RW pundits like O'Reilly, and right on schedule has continued year after year. O'Reilly's began promoting the "siege" on Christmas with Fox News host Sean Hannity before Christmas 2004.

That's seven years of propaganda.

The RW buys it and rips themselves into a rage with their neighbors year and year. I feel sad for you, Gunny.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it. Happy Hannukah to all who celebrate Hannukah. Happy Solstice to those who celebrate Solstice. Happy Kwanza to those who celebrate Kwanza.

Happy Holidays to those who celebrate them. Happy New Year to all citizens, including atheists.

May there be peace on earth.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 10:10 AM
The War on Christmas was started by the right wing. They're very into the "Culture War". Let me get a link that proves it.

Yea, all those libs wanting to rewmove all public references to Christ and Christmas are all make believe?

You must get your "news" from Ed Schultz and Chris Matthews at DNCTV

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Yea, all those libs wanting to rewmove all public references to Christ and Christmas are all make believe?

You must get your "news" from Ed Schultz and Chris Matthews at DNCTV

I am a liberal and I don't feel that way about Christmas. I have no problem with a Christmas tree at the White House.

Christmas is about good will to all. I wish you a Merry Christmas, even though I don't celebrate Christmas. It's no bother to me to have someone say Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Happy Holidays etc.

Peace on earth, good will to all.

I can enjoy the joy it holds for others, the songs, the lights, and the generosity.

Why do partisan wars continue on Christmas day? Shouldn't there be a truce? Can you not see me as a human being who wishes you well even though I don't practice YOUR faith?

red states rule
12-18-2011, 10:30 AM
I am a liberal and I don't feel that way about Christmas. I have no problem with a Christmas tree at the White House.

Christmas is about good will to all. I wish you a Merry Christmas, even though I don't celebrate Christmas.

Many liberal DO have a problem with Christmas. They become "offended" over the Christmas tree being called a Christmas tree. They become "offended" over kids having a Chrstmas party and singing Christmas carols at school

Hell, one teacher was "offended" over the word "gay" in a Christmas carol and had the word removed from the song

So stop denying the left's annual War on Christmas WS. It is real and they get more "offended" every year

and Merry Christmas to you WS as well

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Many liberal DO have a problem with Christmas. They become "offended" over the Christmas tree being called a Christmas tree. They become "offended" over kids having a Chrstmas party and singing Christmas carols at school

Hell, one teacher was "offended" over the word "gay" in a Christmas carol and had the word removed from the song

So stop denying the left's annual War on Christmas WS. It is real and they get more "offended" every year

and Merry Christmas to you WS as well

It's not the left's war. It's not my war. In my childhood, we celebrated all the holidays, Hannukah and Christmas in school. It was before Kwanza and there wasn't much Solstice interest.

If the public schools gave equal attention to the plurality of religions in our culture, I would have problem with the Christmas story being told.

Try not to lump all liberals into the same category. We're individuals just like you are.

I don't think it does the holiday much good to be enraged about it. I'm in favor of Peace on Earth, Good will to Men, and it doesn't bother me that the wish starts with Christians at Christmas.

The world needs more goodwill and peace on earth.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 10:36 AM
It's not the left's war. It's not my war. In my childhood, we celebrated all the holidays, Hannukah and Christmas in school. It was before Kwanza and there wasn't much Solstice interest.

If the public schools gave equal attention to the plurality of religions in our culture, I would have problem with the Christmas story being told.

Try not to lump all liberals into the same category. We're individuals just like you are.

As Warner Wolfe would say "Lets go to the video tape". Merry Christmas WS

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?33632-The-War-on-Christmas-2011

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 10:38 AM
You want to keep the war going? I don't. I'm not joining. I'll fly a white flag. I'm not your enemy. Over and over again you are trying to prove I am at war with Christmas.

I'm not. I'm at peace with Christmas.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 10:39 AM
It's not the left's war.

Find every instance where "merry christmas" was banned, or "christmas tree" or anything banning the religious portion of the end of year holidays. Now look up who initiated or requested the bans. Atheists and liberals.

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Find every instance where "merry christmas" was banned, or "christmas tree" or anything banning the religious portion of the end of year holidays. Now look up who initiated or requested the bans. Atheists and liberals.

I have nothing to do with any of that. You want to make me the enemy. I'm not. I've never engaged in any political action to stop Christmas.

I'm a liberal. You want to project all your hate for liberals and atheists on me. Why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_war

Here's wiki on the Culture Wars.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 10:45 AM
I have nothing to do with any of that. You want to make me the enemy. I'm not. I've never engaged in any political action to stop Christmas.

I'm a liberal. You want to project all your hate for liberals and atheists on me. Why?

Who said anything at all about "hate" or projecting anything on to you? Who said you were the enemy? Just because someone said "liberals did this" - that doesn't mean ALL liberals did it and that ALL liberals support it - it means what it says, that it was liberals who did it. Why do you make things up that aren't said?

red states rule
12-18-2011, 10:49 AM
You want to keep the war going? I don't. I'm not joining. I'll fly a white flag. I'm not your enemy. Over and over again you are trying to prove I am at war with Christmas.

I'm not. I'm at peace with Christmas.

Where did I say YOU were at war with Christmas? It is some libs who every year get "offended" over the word Christmas being on public display

You can ignore the truth if you want on this topic WS - just as you do with most other issues involing the left

Gunny
12-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Have yourself a very LIBERAL Christmas

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/112600.jpg

Last I checked, by definition, I AM a liberal. Not to be confused by these progressive, wannabe-intellectually-elite leftists who have usurped the word.

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 10:56 AM
1. Christmas is the most important Christian holiday. No, it isn't. Easter is.

2. There is biblical consensus on the date of Jesus' birth. No there isn't. Two of the gospels say nothing of Jesus birth

3. Jesus was an only child. Brothers and sisters are mentioned.

4. The secularization of Christmas is a recent phenomena. Gift giving was problematic in the Middle Ages. IN the fifties the uproar was the use of XMas. Many beloved childrens christmas stories have nothing to do with Jesus and have been around a long time.

5. Midnight mass is at midnight. It can now be anywhere from 4PM to 8PM to 10PM to Midnight.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/18/religion/5-myths-about-christmas/

I'm just saying the war on Christmas is NOT a liberal or atheist war. Christmas has always had some controversy connected with it.

Stop blaming liberals and atheists.

Personally, stop blaming me. I have nothing to do with your rage over this holiday. I'm happy to have the day off to be with dear friends, to eat Chinese food and to go to the movies.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Personally, stop blaming me.

Who is blaming you and why do you continually play the victim card? WHO IS BLAMING YOU?

Gunny
12-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Lovely sentiment. So warm, open hearted and spacious. Jesus would be so pleased.

Deflection alert! I really didn't have anything to say and you can live in the depths of your depressive Hell all you want. YOU and YOUR ilk are making an issue of the topic, not me. Cornering me ain't the brightest thing anyone ever thought of you moron.

I have an idea: When the majority wants to do something and you don't, how about you just shut your fucking trap and go home to your own little miserable world? But OH FUCKING NO! You losers have to think you should dictate to the vast majority your aberrant bullshit.

You're everything this country was NOT founded on.

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Where did I say YOU were at war with Christmas? It is some libs who every year get "offended" over the word Christmas being on public display

You can ignore the truth if you want on this topic WS - just as you do with most other issues involing the left

You just attacked me for no reason. I am not ignoring that there is controversy at Christmas between liberals and conservatives, atheists and Christians. I'm not a part of it. I don't celebrate Christmas any longer, and I am completely at peace with that.

You don't know mr and yet you are telling me that I IGNORE all issues involving the left. I don't.

I'm not taking this one on, because it has NOTHING to do with me. Merry Christmas. Peace on earth, good will to men and women.

Find somebody else to pick a fight with. I'm not playing. I have no problem with Christmas. It's a commercial hype up for months, a spiritual couple of days for Christians and then on to New Years.

It's as much about football and parades as anything else for some of us.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Last I checked, by definition, I AM a liberal. Not to be confused by these progressive, wannabe-intellectually-elite leftists who have usurped the word.

This is like the 4th time you have posted you are a liberal. I am glad you have done that WS. the first step ont he road to recovery is to admit you have a problem

Any story I read about some idiot being offended over a Christmas tree, or Santa Claus, or Christmas parties - that person is ALWAYS a liberal or an atheist

Sorry if you have a problem with your fellow libs who are causing the problem here. Take it to them and stop trying to deny their war on Christmas

Gunny
12-18-2011, 11:02 AM
The War on Christmas was started by the right wing. They're very into the "Culture War". Let me get a link that proves it. It was John Gibson, a right wing commentator, who wrote a book on it blaming liberals and saying that liberals have a plot to ban Christmas.

It's bull. It was picked up by RW pundits like O'Reilly, and right on schedule has continued year after year. O'Reilly's began promoting the "siege" on Christmas with Fox News host Sean Hannity before Christmas 2004.

That's seven years of propaganda.

The RW buys it and rips themselves into a rage with their neighbors year and year. I feel sad for you, Gunny.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it. Happy Hannukah to all who celebrate Hannukah. Happy Solstice to those who celebrate Solstice. Happy Kwanza to those who celebrate Kwanza.

Happy Holidays to those who celebrate them. Happy New Year to all citizens, including atheists.

May there be peace on earth.

*yawn*

Earth to Windsong ... get a clue.

Gunny
12-18-2011, 11:03 AM

Christmas is about good will to all. I wish you a Merry Christmas, even though I don't celebrate Christmas. It's no bother to me to have someone say Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Happy Holidays etc.

Peace on earth, good will to all.

I can enjoy the joy it holds for others, the songs, the lights, and the generosity.

Why do partisan wars continue on Christmas day? Shouldn't there be a truce? Can you not see me as a human being who wishes you well even though I don't practice YOUR faith?

You don't know the meaning of the word "liberal". You're a progressive leftist fascist. BIG difference.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 11:03 AM
You just attacked me for no reason. I am not ignoring that there is controversy at Christmas between liberals and conservatives, atheists and Crhistians. I'm not a part of it.

You don't know and yet you are telling me that I IGNORE all issues involving the left.

I don't. I'm not taking this one on, because it has NOTHING to do with me. Merry Christmas. Peace on earth, good will to men and women.

Find somebody else to pick a fight with. I'm not playing.

No I ATTACKED you? LOL!!!!

You should be the WH Pres Sec WS. You are a riot this morning

Or at least be a "reporter" for DNCTV (aka MSNBC)

Gunny
12-18-2011, 11:06 AM

She is "ever the victim". Of course you attacked her. ANY and EVERY argument with her turns into her coming up with some knee-jerk, emotional response that makes about as much sense as the expanding universe.

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Deflection alert! I really didn't have anything to say and you can live in the depths of your depressive Hell all you want. YOU and YOUR ilk are making an issue of the topic, not me. Cornering me ain't the brightest thing anyone ever thought of you moron.

I have an idea: When the majority wants to do something and you don't, how about you just shut your fucking trap and go home to your own little miserable world? But OH FUCKING NO! You losers have to think you should dictate to the vast majority your aberrant bullshit.

You're everything this country was NOT founded on.

Read back your own post, OUT LOUD. It is full of rage.

I did not start this thread. I commented on it. Your post is fulll of insults and angers. "moron", "shut your fucking trap", go home to your "miserable little world" and "depressive hell you live in." You also say I'm dictating something to you?

Is Peace on Earth, Good will to women and Men, Merry Christmas some dictation you find offensive?

I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May you be at peace. May you be happy.

One day, I hope you can understand that people who don't celebrate Christmas are also happy and at peace and enjoying the company of loved ones on YOUR holiday.

Kathianne

Wind Song, aka Sky Dancer is a perpetual victim. All posts against liberals are against her personally, so yes, you attacked her. Be very careful here or you will find she threatens to do dire things to herself because of the persecutions.

Now if she were a discerning type of person, I'd suggest that she look at this thread. (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?33638-Conservative-Like-RSR-Like-CH-Like-Abbey-Like-Me&highlight=conservative+abbey) It's obvious from the get go that not any group is as homogeneous as the word 'group' implies. Whether referring to men, women, liberals, conservatives, Christians, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, perhaps she'll get the idea?

red states rule
Hey WS to show you there are no hard feelings this is for you baby

Merry Christmas

Twas the Night Before Liberal Christmas
'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
Libs were all cowering like a scared little mouse;
They had lost their power, their “birthright” per se,
No purse strings they held for their own pimped out sleigh;
Their “children” were unhappy but snug in their beds,
While visions of handouts danced ‘round in their heads;
And Clinton in her mansion and Teddy in his,
Were tired of debating the meaning of “is”.
Next year is a new one, every liberal had thought,
With a new dawn they would hatch a great left wing plot!
And all of their plans dwelled on one call of which,
Would be loud, often and shrill called “Let’s tax the rich!”
But they would not forget the old standby call
“It’s all about OIL!” and “Bush lied to us ALL!”
And what in their wondering minds should appear?
But a war mom called Cindy coaxing out a faux tear.
Behind her was Howard, the man they call Dean,
The head of their party, the man with the scream.
He’ll rally the base and he’ll whip up their core,
“I HATE Republicans and all they stand for!”
“They are EVIL” and “wicked” and “steal from the poor!”
“What the Hell were you thinking in 2004!”
”To the Halls of the Congress! And to the White House!”
“Give us our power back!” he loudly did grouse.
“Library records are in the hands of his SPIES!”
“Your liberties are dying on top of his LIES!”
“So vote for us next year! On this do not fail!”
“Else George Bush and his cronies will haul you to jail!”
And then in a flash proclaimed Senator Dick
“Our Troops are like Nazis! Why won’t that charge stick?”
“Yes!” said another new loud voice from the lawn.
“Our Troops! They cannot win!” cried a small man named John.
He thought his words true and would be met with such calm
For you see once he served in a war Vietnam
With a nod of assent Dean smiled with glee
“With a platform like this I can ensure victory!”
His face lit with glee as he thought in his mind
“Screw Clinton and Kerry! This party is mine!”
“Bush is an moron!” He continued his bray
“Those lemming like liberals they’ll believe what I say!”
And then he prepared a retirement plot
To keep old people in line and show them their lot.
“We will mortgage the young to provide for the old”
“They will not have a choice! They will do as their told!”
All this was good! Truly a plan fit for a king!
And he hoped that someday he would grasp that brass ring!
Many others had tried; those others had failed
With this plan he was sure, left wing power he’d nailed!
In horror Clinton she sat up with a bolt,
“A dream of Dean’s power? That man is a dolt!”
Absolute power was her’s by hook or by crook
She’d call in a favor. He’d be dead with a look!
So with comfort her head laid back down on her bed
The joy of her power flushed her cheeks oh so red!
But in the distance a man he screamed from afar
“I rule this roost and my bite is worse than my RAAHR!"

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/118063

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:11 AM
She is "ever the victim". Of course you attacked her. ANY and EVERY argument with her turns into her coming up with some knee-jerk, emotional response that makes about as much sense as the expanding universe.
Name calling certainly is ad hominem attack. I'm feeling great. You and your friend are trying very hard to flamebait me and I'm not biting.

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:13 AM
You two may want to reflect on the meaning of Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men and Women. Can you drop your hate of liberals and atheists for one day?

Give Jesus a real birthday gift this year.

jimnyc
Wind Song - why have you ignored my questions? Do they get in the way of your sympathy routine about being attacked?

red states rule
You don't know the meaning of the word "liberal". You're a progressive leftist fascist. BIG difference.

I know what liberal medans and I know how liberals think WS

For one thing, I see many liberals preach about the evils of Capitalism from the comfort of their Beverly Hills estate. Same type of people who declare War on Christmas every year

Very telling and Merry Christmas

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Calling someone a moron, fascist, miserable, is name calling. Shut your fucking trap, is a personal attack.

I don't take it personally, even though, you'd like to make it personal. Nice of you to gang up too. Let's see, three here now.

I love Christmas lights, Christmas songs, wishes for world peace and good will. I love having a day off to spend with dear ones anyway we find meaningful to us.

I'm sorry that Christmas seems to make so many of you grouchy. I don't feel that way about it at all. I think atheists who try and shut down nativity scenes and christmas decorations don't represent me and do harm.

I can think of better places for them to put their activism.

Kathianne
12-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Calling someone a moron, fascist, miserable, is name calling. Shut your fucking trap, is a personal attack.

I don't take it personally, even though, you'd like to make it personal. Nice of you to gang up too. Let's see, three here now.

Hmm, offering an example of not personifying from generalizations is 'ganging up'? Seriously, get a clue.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:19 AM

Why did you personally attack me by accusing me of doing things to you that I didn't do? Why are you attacking me for no reason?

Gunny
12-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Name calling certainly is ad hominem attack. I'm feeling great. You and your friend are trying very hard to flamebait me and I'm not biting.

MY friend? I'm attacking a belief, not a person. She is who she is. Not sure where you think I am trying to bait you, but I assure you, I am not.

She's as entitled to her opinion as anyone else. Attack the opinion, not the person. Kind of hard with her, since she takes everything so damned personal.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 11:20 AM

and meanwhile we have the President of the US calling hsi political opponents "enemies", talking about how his supporters need to "get in the face" of the opposition; and how he will bring a gun to the knife fight

Yes, this reminds me of liberals WS. These are the same people that scream and shout about Christians ramming their beliefs upon the public, but the same liberals say nothing when athiests do the same

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Deja vu 2x in 2 days. Am I the only one who is having recurring nightmares in this thread of Truthmatters?

Gunny
12-18-2011, 11:21 AM

I love Christmas lights, Christmas songs, wishes for world peace and good will. I love having a day off to spend with dear ones anyway we find meaningful to us.

I'm sorry that Christmas seems to make so many of you grouchy. I don't feel that way about it at all. I think atheists who try and shut down nativity scenes and christmas decorations don't represent me and do harm.

I can think of better places for them to put their activism.

Really ...

You going to stop whining anytime soon? You damned-well KNOW I spent a lot of time protecting your overly-sensitive ass, so shut up, huh? I'll call your beliefs what I want.

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Why did you personally attack me by accusing me of doing things to you that I didn't do? Why are you attacking me for no reason?

What are you talking about? Gunny has personally attacked me. kathianne has personally attacked me.

You haven't personally attacked me. You're just joining the pile on.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 11:24 AM
What are you talking about? Gunny has personally attacked me. kathianne has personally attacked me.

WS do you want some cheese with that whine?

Mu God girl grow up. Nobody "attacked" you. Unless you consider someone offering up a different POV an attack

Of course you do consider "hate" being anything that is factually accurate about what liberals say and do

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Really ...

You going to stop whining anytime soon? You damned-well KNOW I spent a lot of time protecting your overly-sensitive ass, so shut up, huh? I'll call your beliefs what I want.

You have never protected me Gunny. I do not require your protection. Is Merry Christmas, Peace on Earth, Good will to men, whining?

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:25 AM
what are you talking about? Gunny has personally attacked me. Kathianne has personally attacked me.

show me where i have attacked you - this is my 4th request.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 11:26 AM
QUOTE=Wind Song;510589]You have never protected me Gunny. I do not require your protection. Is Merry Christmas, Peace on Earth, Good will to men, whining?[/QUOTE]

You seem to think tolerance of your opinions and acceptance of your opinions go hand-in-hand WS

Otherwise you are being attacked

jimnyc
You have never protected me Gunny. I do not require your protection. Is Merry Christmas, Peace on Earth, Good will to men, whining?

Also, show me where Kath attacked you while you're at it...

Wind Song
WS do you want some cheese with that whine?

Mu God girl grow up. Nobody "attacked" you. Unless you consider someone offering up a different POV an attack

Of course you do consider "hate" being anything that is factually accurate about what liberals say and do

Clearly, you Gunny and Kathianne hate liberals. I'm the only liberal posting at the moment. What you would all like to pile on me about is liberal and atheists who attack Christmas.

I don't attack Christmas. I wish you a Merry one, peace on earth, and a Happy New Year.

Your POV is that ALL liberals and ALL atheists are alike. I disagree. I'm not your enemy.

Gunny
12-18-2011, 11:27 AM

Really? You sure you want to go here? I have ALWAYS protected your right to speak your mind. Even when half a board, both right and left was going after you. Guess I need to learn when to quit protecting the rights of ungrateful dumbasses.

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:27 AM
show me where i have attacked you - this is my 4th request.

You can't read. I said you HAVENT personally attacked me.

Kathianne
12-18-2011, 11:28 AM
You two may want to reflect on the meaning of Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men and Women. Can you drop your hate of liberals and atheists for one day?

Give Jesus a real birthday gift this year.

Who are 'you two'? Why do you read a post that says 'liberals' as a personal attack? I've not a problem ignoring those aimed at 'Conservatives' that do not include my thinking. I might speak up and say, 'Hey, not me!' but at that I'd already recognize the generalization wasn't aimed at myself.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Clearly, you Gunny and Kathianne hate liberals.

Backup this statement about "hate". There is a BIG difference between hating IDEAS and BELIEFS and hating a person.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:29 AM
You can't read. I said you HAVENT personally attacked me.

And then you stated in the very next breath that I was "piling on".

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Really? You sure you want to go here? I have ALWAYS protected your right to speak your mind. Even when half a board, both right and left was going after you. Guess I need to learn when to quit protecting the rights of ungrateful dumbasses.

You have never personally protected me Gunny. You name call continuously. This post is an example. You just called me an ungrateful dumbass.

You did your job as a moderator and I appreciate that. That doesn't mean you like me as a person or personally protect me from attack.

Name calling is personal attack.

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:31 AM
And then you stated in the very next breath that I was "piling on".

You are piling on. You're joining in with and supporting the posters who are attacking me.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Consider this a personal attack then, WS, since I'm being lumped in with others, and Kath lumped in, and well everyone lumped in for very lame reasons. I'm not going to attempt to "debate" with you any longer, because within 3 seconds of any point is made against Democrats/Liberals you become emotionally unstable. You don't want to address actual points, you would rather roam around acting innocent and thinking you're a victim of sorts. This thread went from the topic at hand, to you being a victim in .000056 seconds.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:35 AM
You are piling on. You're joining in with and supporting the posters who are attacking me.

^ and here is proof of what I'm talking about. All I've done today was ASK continually how I or others have personally attacked you. Now that equates to me supporting people attacking you. Sorry, but I seriously think you are a bit emotionally unstable.

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Hmm, offering an example of not personifying from generalizations is 'ganging up'? Seriously, get a clue.

From the second I started posting here you personally attacked me. I don't know you. I don't know what your problem is with me. You seem to be carrying some grudge around from another forum, because you continually reference a hat I use on another forum.

What is your issue?

Gunny
12-18-2011, 11:36 AM

Like I said ... ever the victim. There's a $5 fine for whining ....

Gunny
12-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Consider this a personal attack then, WS, since I'm being lumped in with others, and Kath lumped in, and well everyone lumped in for very lame reasons. I'm not going to attempt to "debate" with you any longer, because within 3 seconds of any point is made against Democrats/Liberals you become emotionally unstable. You don't want to address actual points, you would rather roam around acting innocent and thinking you're a victim of sorts. This thread went from the topic at hand, to you being a victim in .000056 seconds.

Hint: disagreeing with her is a personal attack.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Hint: disagreeing with her is a personal attack.

I'm seeing that. Truthmatters x2

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:39 AM
^ and here is proof of what I'm talking about. All I've done today was ASK continually how I or others have personally attacked you. Now that equates to me supporting people attacking you. Sorry, but I seriously think you are a bit emotionally unstable.

And now you call me "emotionally unstable" which is a personal attack. Name calling is personal attack. Tell someone to shut the fuck up is personal attack.

I've been called a moron, emotionally unstable, perpetual victim, a whiner, ungrateful dumbass etc etc etc all for saying Merry Christmas, Peace on Earth and pointing out the anger and rage that some of you have for liberals and atheists.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Clearly, you Gunny and Kathianne hate liberals. I'm the only liberal posting at the moment. What you would all like to pile on me about is liberal and atheists who attack Christmas.

I don't attack Christmas. I wish you a Merry one, peace on earth, and a Happy New Year.

Your POV is that ALL liberals and ALL atheists are alike. I disagree. I'm not your enemy.

As I posted before

You seem to think tolerance of your opinions and acceptance of your opinions go hand-in-hand WS

I never said YOU attacked Chrismats nor did I say ALL libs attack Christmas

I know this is a waste of time to ask, but plese show me the post in which I did make that accusation

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 11:45 AM
As I posted before

I never said YOU attacked Chrismats nor did I say ALL libs attack Christmas

I know this is a waste of time to ask, but plese show me the post in which I did make that accusation

I get it. Have fun you all.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, Peace on Earth and GoodWill to Men and Women.

Some of you seem to be carrying some ideas about me from another forum. I only know Gunny.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Like garlic to a vampire, direct questions will drive a liberal away

Sorry if pointing out your logic and reasoning makes a figure eight look like a straight line

But then again, that is considered hate in your book. I have to hand it to you WS, you have the "I'm the victim" mentality dowwn pat and you milk it dry every chance you get

Merry Christmas baby!

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Wow, thin skinned and emotionally unstable. You REALLY have to be that other nitwit in disguise. You PUSH people to not like you. You simply cannot debate with anyone without taking it personally. Blame it on others, blame it on the board/site, but anyone reading will see that you're a little light in the loafers, in more than one way!

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 11:51 AM

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, Peace on Earth and GoodWill to Men and Women.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. And please, that's NOT an attack, it's a sincere greeting to you!

red states rule
12-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Wow, thin skinned and emotionally unstable. You REALLY have to be that other nitwit in disguise. You PUSH people to not like you. You simply cannot debate with anyone without taking it personally. Blame it on others, blame it on the board/site, but anyone reading will see that you're a little light in the loafers, in more than one way!

Seems to me WS thinks demanding respect is more important than actually doing something to earn it

Wind Song
12-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Like garlic to a vampire, direct questions will drive a liberal away

Sorry if pointing out your logic and reasoning makes a figure eight look like a straight line

But then again, that is considered hate in your book. I have to hand it to you WS, you have the "I'm the victim" mentality dowwn pat and you milk it dry every chance you get

Merry Christmas baby!

Name calling is ad homimem personal attack. Calling that what it is does not make me a victim. It makes me a person of self respect.

Use those words in a post to me, expect me to call you on them.

I don't put up with verbal abuse.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Name calling is ad homimem personal attack. Calling that what it is does not make me a victim. It makes me a person of self respect.

Use those words in a post to me, expect me to call you on them.

I don't put up with verbal abuse.

You would make a great speech writer for Obama. Any disagreement with liberal policies is hate. Make sure to twist the words of your oppnent into something that was not said. Ignoire all facts placed in front of you.

And above all play the role of the victim, and blame others for the situation

Yep, WS you are a full bloodied blue nosed liberal

and you have my deepest sympathies for your condition

Now chalk that up to a personal attack where I called you a crazy left wing loon who refuses to take her meds and needs to be kept in a rubber room :laugh2:

LuvRPgrl
12-18-2011, 12:17 PM

I always pickup pennies, one way or the other, heads or tails. If I could afford a half a million dollar mortgage, I'd keep the $200k outstanding on the house I already have and buy a sailboat. But I'm quite few pennies away; I'll email and TXT my New Years wishes.

Pennies are worthless. Its only a matter of time before they become totally extinct.

If you gave me a driveway full of pennies, GAVE it to me, $500 worth, I would make more money if I went out and worked for the same amount of time it would take me to roll all those pennies. and thats if you GIVE me the PENNIES FOR FREE !

And statistics dont lie. People lie, if you look at statistics with getting factual, accurate answers, they will tell you.
But, to rephrase it, Mathematically, the amount of money will have absolutely ZERO effect on the countrys finances. Like DS said, it is actually detremental to our govt finances when you compare the upside of the savings, to the cost of bringing it to light, and time and paper wasted on it, and that the govt does (regardless of what libs think) have limited resources, and to waste it on something like this instead of where it c ould be better used, is DAMAGING.

THE ENTIRE THING IS ABOUT ERASING CHRISTIANITY FROM OUR CULTURE, NOTHING ELSE.

Gunny
12-18-2011, 12:18 PM
From the second I started posting here you personally attacked me. I don't know you. I don't know what your problem is with me. You seem to be carrying some grudge around from another forum, because you continually reference a hat I use on another forum.

What is your issue?

Attacking your stance is NOT personally attacking you. Don't figure you'll get that here anymore than you did elsewhere, but I figure it's worth repeating.

Gunny
12-18-2011, 12:24 PM
And now you call me "emotionally unstable" which is a personal attack. Name calling is personal attack. Tell someone to shut the fuck up is personal attack.

I've been called a moron, emotionally unstable, perpetual victim, a whiner, ungrateful dumbass etc etc etc all for saying Merry Christmas, Peace on Earth and pointing out the anger and rage that some of you have for liberals and atheists.

You ARE emotionally unstable. Must be your lifestyle, huh? You were in a semi-suicidal state in previous times, as I recall. If you can't deal with people disagreeing with you, political message boards are not the first place I'd suggest you go.

The anger and rage you wish exists doesn't. The anger and rage over a judicial system that allows aberrant minorities to dictate to the vast majority DOES. You people whine about the tyranny of the majority, when in fact, this country is ruled and is going down the shitter because of the tyranny of the minority.

red states rule
12-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Hey Ws, here is more on the War on Christmas you say does not exist

Christmas in America is a season of time-honored traditions — the sacred performance of the annual ACLU lawsuit over the presence of an insufficiently secular “holiday” tree; the ritual provocations of the atheist displays licensed by pitifully appeasing municipalities to sit between the menorah and the giant Frosty the Snowman; the familiar strains of every hack columnist’s “war on Christmas” column rolling off the keyboard as easily as Richard Clayderman playing “Winter Wonderland” . . .

This year has been a choice year. A crucified skeleton Santa Claus was erected as part of the “holiday” display outside the Loudoun County courthouse in Virginia — because, let’s face it, nothing cheers the hearts of moppets in the Old Dominion like telling them, “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus — and he’s hanging lifeless in the town square.” Alas, a week ago, some local burghers failed to get into the ecumenical spirit and decapitated him. Who are these killjoys? Christians intolerant of the First Amendment (as some have suggested)? Or perhaps a passing Saudi? Our friends in Riyadh only the other day beheaded Amina bin Salem (so to speak) Nasser for “sorcery,” and it would surely be grossly discriminatory not to have some Wahhabist holiday traditions on display in Loudoun County. (The Islamic Saudi Academy, after all, is one of the most prestigious educational institutions of neighboring Fairfax County.) Across the fruitcaked plain in California, the city of Santa Monica allocated permits for “holiday” displays at Palisades Park by means of lottery. Eighteen of the 21 slots went to atheists — for example, the slogan “37 million Americans know a myth when they see one” over portraits of Jesus, Santa, and Satan

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/286061/merry-war-christmas-mark-steyn

LuvRPgrl
12-18-2011, 12:35 PM
So you're for ignoring the federal debt until a $15 trillion pile of money magically appears?

Instead of defending libs who arent opposed to Christmas, why dont you join in against those that are destroying the peace you say you want by opposing their continual war on anything Christian?

LuvRPgrl
12-18-2011, 12:44 PM

Did I say Ignore the debt? Nooooooooooooooo

Kathianne
12-18-2011, 01:13 PM

What is 'lumped in' and how did I do so? :laugh: My contention was she was finding a way to make herself a victim, which she is wont to do.

Shadow
12-18-2011, 01:52 PM

Me too....on the street,in the laundy,in couch cushions etc. Keep them in a jar...then when the jar is full,give them to my kids to cash in or give them to the change bucket we have every year at work for the United Way.

Shadow
12-18-2011, 01:57 PM

I totally agree with you. But, I have only encountered these assy loud mouths online (safe behind their computers and support groups)...in my real life EVERYONE participates in the holidays and they don't throw hissy fits about Christmas symbols either. Infact all of the people I know who are jewish and non Christian actually put up trees and lights every year AND give out Christmas cards.

Shadow
12-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Deja vu 2x in 2 days. Am I the only one who is having recurring nightmares in this thread of Truthmatters?

Problem with this is...Truthmatters was easier to "ignore" then all the dipshits that went after her non stop (and still do) every time she posted anything. TM is an easy target...because A.) she will respond to every stinking comment...and B.) Everyone will go along with whatever crap someone has decided to dish out to her because they have decided as a group that they don't like her.

Now...take one of the other usual drama creating princesses from past boards...take away their support groups and ass slappers. Then put them in the same senario...were they are constanly ridden and never defended for every word they utter. And, I bet you would see the same kind of constant emotional meldowns occur.

People are much braver when they have back up IMO.

Kathianne
12-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Problem with this is...Truthmatters was easier to "ignore" then all the dipshits that went after her non stop (and still do) every time she posted anything. TM is an easy target...because A.) she will respond to every stinking comment...and B.) Everyone will go along with whatever crap someone has decided to dish out to her because they have decided as a group that they don't like her.

Now...take one of the other usual drama creating princesses from past boards...take away their support groups and ass slappers. Then put them in the same senario...were they are constanly ridden and never defended for every word they utter. And, I bet you would see the same kind of constant emotional meldowns occur.

Bullshit. TMN is the premiere obfuscator. She never addresses a point, indeed, she'll try to say one must go back years to find something to 'prove she doesn't lie.' She really is the queen of trolling.

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 02:39 PM

TM is an easy target...because B.) she is an idiot

I agree with the gist of your post, but I believe she would have a meltdown and make shit up if she were to debate anyone even one on one. I've seen her bombarded from the masses, but it's mostly because of her own stupid comments, making shit up, refusing to post links or backup for her statements... And then she would play the victim card when called on her bullshit.

This one here went straight to the victim card without a debate and without passing go!

jimnyc
12-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Bullshit. TMN is the premiere obfuscator. She never addresses a point, indeed, she'll try to say one must go back years to find something to 'prove she doesn't lie.' She really is the queen of trolling.

A liar believes their lies, therefore pointing it out to them is useless as they truly believe you're not pointing out a lie. And yes, I truly believe that's how dense the "name we never say" is. I'm not even so sure she trolls as much as she is stupidly stubborn about her stupidity.

Shadow
12-18-2011, 03:04 PM
TM is an easy target...because B.) she is an idiot

I agree with the gist of your post, but I believe she would have a meltdown and make shit up if she were to debate anyone even one on one. I've seen her bombarded from the masses, but it's mostly because of her own stupid comments, making shit up, refusing to post links or backup for her statements... And then she would play the victim card when called on her bullshit.

This one here went straight to the victim card without a debate and without passing go!

Maybe...but several posters have made it their "job" to constantly ride her ass because they think it's cute....not because of anything inparticular she says. She could say the sky is blue and these same dipshits would have a problem with the statement (and they aint exactly braniacs themselves either).

And she is not the only one who makes stupid comments,wont back shit up. But for some reason...it's okay for some people...just not others in bizzaro world.

I don't know why they would care so much anyway...they don't even have intelligent discussions worth debating over.

As for WS...Don't get me wrong I have no sympathy for her. She whines that she hates verbal abuse...then runs off to kiss the asses of the very people who treat her the worst...just giving them more ammo. Then does the one thing she says she hates...joins the pile ons of other posters.

Shadow
12-18-2011, 03:13 PM

Who said she wasn't good at trolling? I said she was easier to "ignore" then the dipshits who ruin every single thread because they feel the need to fight with her....then start other threads to do it some more. Bunch of Idiots. :laugh::laugh:

sundaydriver
12-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Lets say every member of Congress sends 1000 Christmas card. That's 435 x 100 x 44 cents= $191,400 of franked mail to mostly campaign donors anyway. Who cares what they can say on the card if they themselves would pay instead of us!

ConHog
12-18-2011, 05:31 PM

So do they have to submit their mail unopened so that someone can verify that it meets the requirements?

I would be willing to bet a substantial bit of money that the Obama's sent out several Christmas cards and assorted letters saying God Bless. and who cares that they did? I don't even give a shit if the Muslim congresspersons are sending out praise allah on their every message...

Freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. I wish we would start pulling the vote from people who are too stupid to get the difference.

logroller
12-19-2011, 02:17 AM
In all fairness, it appears all holiday greetings are being banned....

I don't believe this is a new rule, only a reminder of the rule already in place.

Excerpt from a report (http://hobnobblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/RL34274_2011_0322.pdf)on the franking perquisite

Current law, chamber rules, and committee regulations place substantial restrictions on the content of franked mail. The frank may not be used to solicit money or votes, and the materials
being mailed cannot relate to political campaigns, political parties, biographical accounts, or
holiday greetings. Current law also places specific regulations on the content of individual pieces
of mail. Members are restricted in the number and placement of pictures of themselves, repeated
use of their name, and the use of biographical material, most commonly found in constituent
newsletters. Historically, there was less regulation on the content of franked mail.

Additionally, it discusses the other perqs, for staff and other office expenses, but since 1999 a member of Congress can use the lump sum, or "Member's representational Allowance", in any one category. Which if I understand correctly, they could pay postage out of another, less stringent, account, which seemingly wouldn't have the same limitations. Seems odd, maybe I misunderstood it, if anyone could clarify, its on pg 18 of the report.

Wind Song
12-21-2011, 02:05 PM
You would make a great speech writer for Obama. Any disagreement with liberal policies is hate. Make sure to twist the words of your oppnent into something that was not said. Ignoire all facts placed in front of you.

And above all play the role of the victim, and blame others for the situation

Yep, WS you are a full bloodied blue nosed liberal

and you have my deepest sympathies for your condition

Now chalk that up to a personal attack where I called you a crazy left wing loon who refuses to take her meds and needs to be kept in a rubber room :laugh2:

Darlin,

Disagreeing with liberal policies has nothing to do with hate. Name calling instead of addressing the views of your political opponents does.

Are you saying that if I object to being called names, that makes me a "victim". I would think "victim" would be someone who puts up with that kind of crap.

I think it's silly that congressman don't say Merry Christmas. I say Merry Christmas back to everyone I meet even though I don't celebrate that holiday. When people ask if I've done all my Christmas shopping I say yes, rather than go into that I don't celebrate Christmas.

It's simple courtesy.

Wind Song
12-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Instead of defending libs who arent opposed to Christmas, why dont you join in against those that are destroying the peace you say you want by opposing their continual war on anything Christian?

It's not my war. I didn't start it and I have no interest in it.

Wind Song
12-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Hey Ws, here is more on the War on Christmas you say does not exist

I don't war on Christmas. I accept Christmas. Have a Merry.

Wind Song
12-21-2011, 02:10 PM
You ARE emotionally unstable. Must be your lifestyle, huh? You were in a semi-suicidal state in previous times, as I recall. If you can't deal with people disagreeing with you, political message boards are not the first place I'd suggest you go.

The anger and rage you wish exists doesn't. The anger and rage over a judicial system that allows aberrant minorities to dictate to the vast majority DOES. You people whine about the tyranny of the majority, when in fact, this country is ruled and is going down the shitter because of the tyranny of the minority.

What are you talking about? I'm not in a suicidal state, and my lifestyle has nothing to do with this thread.

This thread is about Christmas. Have a Merry one. Be of good cheer!

Wind Song
12-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Attacking your stance is NOT personally attacking you. Don't figure you'll get that here anymore than you did elsewhere, but I figure it's worth repeating.

I completely agree with you. Attacking my stance is not personally attacking me. Name calling is personal attack.

What is it about my political stance in this particular thread that you take issue with?

Wind Song
12-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. And please, that's NOT an attack, it's a sincere greeting to you!

Thank you. I plan on having a great time with my friends NOT celebrating Christmas, eating Chinese food and going to the movies, maybe having a few stiff egg nogs later on.

jimnyc
12-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Thank you. I plan on having a great time with my friends NOT celebrating Christmas, eating Chinese food and going to the movies, maybe having a few stiff egg nogs later on.

A stiff one is what you need alright, just not egg nog! :laugh2:

ConHog
12-21-2011, 03:28 PM

Who gives a shit? It's obvious to all that you wish Christians would just shut up and not have an opinion, but we do; and Gunny's is no less offensive than many I've seen you express.

ConHog
12-21-2011, 03:31 PM

Absolutely agree with this. It amazes me how people will pick and choose online to defend the most moronic posters while at the same time attacking some other good posters. Not saying TM is/was a good poster, she isn't. Just illustrating a point.

jimnyc
12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Absolutely agree with this. It amazes me how people will pick and choose online to defend the most moronic posters while at the same time attacking some other good posters. Not saying TM is/was a good poster, she isn't. Just illustrating a point.

I agree with both you and shadow on the principle, which sucks for the users and the boards when that crap happens... BUT - truthmatters is a fucking lying hack who drives you to drink with her insanity. Not saying she deserves to be attacked for no reason, but just wait a few moments and she'll give you plenty of reason to attack her retarded points.

ConHog
12-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Backup this statement about "hate". There is a BIG difference between hating IDEAS and BELIEFS and hating a person.

I would agree with this statement. RSR clearly hates liberals, but I don't think Jimmy does at all (nor Kath but Gunny might LOL)

By the way WindSong (lol I can't get used to that name for you) RSR is the king of generalizing about people he doesn't agree with. Who cares? You've obviously made it clear you don't take part in a war on Christmas, and in fact I've read your posts enough to believe that you ar not one of those who has declared war on Christianity in general, but surely you agree that there are many who have, and further surely you agree that they need to mind their own business?

ConHog
12-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I agree with both you and shadow on the principle, which sucks for the users and the boards when that crap happens... BUT - truthmatters is a fucking lying hack who drives you to drink with her insanity. Not saying she deserves to be attacked for no reason, but just wait a few moments and she'll give you plenty of reason to attack her retarded points.

To be honest, other than for the occasional laugh I don't even read her posts. They just aren't worth the effort. I was just speaking more from a general making a point standpoint then defending TM.

LuvRPgrl
12-21-2011, 08:38 PM
It's not my war. I didn't start it and I have no interest in it.

so then why are you here bitching at some of us who are upset that the libs are trying to remove Christmas from our culture? And the current war is by libs, not RW's, doesnt matter who started it.

ConHog
12-21-2011, 08:50 PM
so then why are you here bitching at some of us who are upset that the libs are trying to remove Christmas from our culture? And the current war is by libs, not RW's, doesnt matter who started it.

LUV meet SkyDancer who takes any and everything written in any thread she is part of as a personal attack.

question answered.

LuvRPgrl
12-21-2011, 09:04 PM
I would agree with this statement. RSR clearly hates liberals, but I don't think Jimmy does at all (nor Kath but Gunny might LOL)

By the way WindSong (lol I can't get used to that name for you) RSR is the king of generalizing about people he doesn't agree with. Who cares? You've obviously made it clear you don't take part in a war on Christmas, and in fact I've read your posts enough to believe that you ar not one of those who has declared war on Christianity in general, but surely you agree that there are many who have, and further surely you agree that they need to mind their own business?

RSR doesnt hate liberals, he hates liberal policies and you certainly seem hell bent on bashing on him.

And Gunny expressed his anger that politically correct liberal assholes are trying to squelch his freedom to practice his religion and speech, and then Wind Song comes in and slams him by claiming a man she doesnt even believe in, wouldnt be happy hearing Gunny speak like that. Thats very typical for libs to try to tell Christians how they should live their lives.

ConHog
12-21-2011, 09:11 PM
RSR doesnt hate liberals, he hates liberal policies and you certainly seem hell bent on bashing on him.

And Gunny expressed his anger that politically correct liberal assholes are trying to squelch his freedom to practice his religion and speech, and then Wind Song comes in and slams him by claiming a man she doesnt even believe in, wouldnt be happy hearing Gunny speak like that. Thats very typical for libs to try to tell Christians how they should live their lives.

I'll ignore the rest of your post and agree with the bolded part. BUT point out that in fact we as Christians are supposed to try to get others to live their lives as we do.

Just something to consider. I have no problems with atheists who try to get me to give up my religion, nor do I have a problem with Christians who try to convert others. That's what freedom of religion is all about. The ONLY time it should EVER concern any of us is if and when the GOVERNMENT tries to do so. They are the ones who are constitutionally prevented from doing so. NO ONE else, that seems to be a point missed by many.

LuvRPgrl
12-21-2011, 09:41 PM
I'll ignore the rest of your post and agree with the bolded part. BUT point out that in fact we as Christians are supposed to try to get others to live their lives as we do.

Thats exactly the mistake alot of Christians make, we are not suppose to get others to live in any way, shape or form. We are suppose to spread the good word about their saviour, Jesus Christ. Once they accept him, truly accept him, their desire to live by his morals will come naturally.
Trying to get someone simply to change how they live their lives only leads to resentment and anger.

ConHog
12-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Thats exactly the mistake alot of Christians make, we are not suppose to get others to live in any way, shape or form. We are suppose to spread the good word about their saviour, Jesus Christ. Once they accept him, truly accept him, their desire to live by his morals will come naturally.
Trying to get someone simply to change how they live their lives only leads to resentment and anger.

Okay, that's obviously what I was getting at. I just worded it differently. I'm just saying. How can we get mad at SkyDancer for tying to tell us there is no God, when we in fact should be trying to tell her that there IS a God? Now by the same token , she can kiss my ass with her whining about hearing about God to. We have just as much right to believe as she has not to.

And yes, I absolutely believe that Sky would love to see Christianity or at least mentioning it in public, made illegal. Too bad for her.

Thunderknuckles
12-22-2011, 02:56 AM

Just something to consider. I have no problems with atheists who try to get me to give up my religion, nor do I have a problem with Christians who try to convert others. That's what freedom of religion is all about. The ONLY time it should EVER concern any of us is if and when the GOVERNMENT tries to do so. They are the ones who are constitutionally prevented from doing so. NO ONE else, that seems to be a point missed by many.
Bullseye!

red states rule
12-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Darlin,

Disagreeing with liberal policies has nothing to do with hate. Name calling instead of addressing the views of your political opponents does.

Are you saying that if I object to being called names, that makes me a "victim". I would think "victim" would be someone who puts up with that kind of crap.

I think it's silly that congressman don't say Merry Christmas. I say Merry Christmas back to everyone I meet even though I don't celebrate that holiday. When people ask if I've done all my Christmas shopping I say yes, rather than go into that I don't celebrate Christmas.

It's simple courtesy.

I have never expressed any hate toward liberlas WS. I have expressed my opposition to their beliefs and policies which have runined this country

Unlike liberals who openly call for the death of their political opponents. I only want libs defeated at the ballot box and sent into political retirement

On another thread you compared any attempts by the R's to reforming Medicare as calling for the death of seniors

Libs did the same thing during the debate on Obamacare. Libs love to play the victim almost as they play the race card

Have a Merry Christmas WS

red states rule
12-22-2011, 03:30 AM

Ignoring facts is what you do best son. I do not hate libs, but only want the light of truth exposed on them and their policies

Which is called hate by the left these days. Please show me where I ever wished death on any liberal - like the libs do on radio and in print all because of a different POV over the role and size of government

Thunderknuckles
12-22-2011, 03:58 AM
RSR posts a lot of generic anti-liberal crap but one thing I will give him is the accusation of leftist hyperbole. Disagree with the Left and you are every kind of "ism" or "ist" that the left can dream up. Oh, and we also sponsor killing [insert some bullshit here]

red states rule
12-22-2011, 04:05 AM
RSR posts a lot of generic anti-liberal crap but one thing I will give him is the accusation of leftist hyperbole. Disagree with the Left and you are every kind of "ism" or "ist" that the left can dream up. Oh, and we also sponsor killing [insert some bullshit here]

Not generic, I post what liberals say, do, and propose. And yes, you disagree with a liberal you are tagged a racist, a hater, and as Nancy Pelosi bellowed you want women to die on the floor

and these are the people some want R's to sit down and work with? I want them politically defeated and sent into political retirement

Now this post does count as hate speech by some

ConHog
12-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Ignoring facts is what you do best son. I do not hate libs, but only want the light of truth exposed on them and their policies

Which is called hate by the left these days. Please show me where I ever wished death on any liberal - like the libs do on radio and in print all because of a different POV over the role and size of government

Stop acting like hate = wish death on. Of course you don't wish death on anyone. I think you're too good of a guy for that. But you have a LOT of anger and hate in many of your postings and you DO tend to lump ALL liberals in and think they all agree on EVERY liberal platform.

here's a hint , they don't. My gay friend is VERY liberal socially, but economically he's even more conservative than I am. It's as I said before the world isn't left vs right. There are MANY people in the middle. The reason the left seems so kooky right now is b/c the uber left weirdos are drowning out the average liberal person. The very same thing could easily happen with conservatives if the whackos on the right ever got control, but of course you don't believe there are any whackos on the right, so....................

ConHog
12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Now back to the original topic. I have the same question.

If a Congressmen were to sign a card Merry Christmas , seal it up and send it down to be mailed. Who the hell is going to know, or do they now have to deliver their mail unopened so that it can be checked for such things before mailing?

LuvRPgrl
12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Stop acting like hate = wish death on. Of course you don't wish death on anyone. I think you're too good of a guy for that. But you have a LOT of anger and hate in many of your postings and you DO tend to lump ALL liberals in and think they all agree on EVERY liberal platform.

here's a hint , they don't. My gay friend is VERY liberal socially, but economically he's even more conservative than I am. It's as I said before the world isn't left vs right. There are MANY people in the middle. The reason the left seems so kooky right now is b/c the uber left weirdos are drowning out the average liberal person. The very same thing could easily happen with conservatives if the whackos on the right ever got control, but of course you don't believe there are any whackos on the right, so....................

ACCUSATIONS without examples is just gossip. Gossip, and evil destroyer of all that is good

ConHog
12-22-2011, 01:01 PM
ACCUSATIONS without examples is just gossip. Gossip, and evil destroyer of all that is good

LOL if you want to live in your fantasy world that there are no whack jobs on the far right, be my guest.

LuvRPgrl
12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
LOL if you want to live in your fantasy world that there are no whack jobs on the far right, be my guest.

Gossip refers to individuals. You make accusations against ??? I will let you figure it out. How bout some examples instead of mere accusations?

ConHog
12-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Gossip refers to individuals. You make accusations against ??? I will let you figure it out. How bout some examples instead of mere accusations?

I'm not up for one of your little attempts to start a fight today LUV. I know you're angry thinking about the ass whipping I'd give you in real life so you have to try to start fights with me on here, but I'm just going to ignore your feeble attempts to engage me at least for this day.

Thunderknuckles
12-22-2011, 01:19 PM
C'mon Hog. You're about 40 years old and still slapping your e-peen around like your 18!

ConHog
12-22-2011, 01:22 PM
C'mon Hog. You're about 40 years old and still slapping your e-peen around like your 18!

M'eh. I'm just jabbing LUV back b/c I know it pisses him off when I say I can kick his ass. Same as he posts things that he knows irritate me. I'm really not an E tough guy.

LuvRPgrl
12-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm not up for one of your little attempts to start a fight today LUV. I know you're angry thinking about the ass whipping I'd give you in real life so you have to try to start fights with me on here, but I'm just going to ignore your feeble attempts to engage me at least for this day.

nice try to dodge, but what about some examples of RSR posting the things you accused him of.?

You accused him of certain things, now lets see if your a man and will back it up,. or if you are wearing a skirt while pounding on the keyboard....

LuvRPgrl
12-22-2011, 02:07 PM
nice try to dodge, but what about some examples of RSR posting the things you accused him of.?

You accused him of certain things, now lets see if your a man and will back it up,. or if you are wearing a skirt while pounding on the keyboard....

still waiting......:lol:

ConHog
12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
still waiting......:lol:

Keep waiting. I told you that in the spirit of Christmas I'm going to let you keep your lunch money today.

red states rule
12-23-2011, 03:26 AM

Hey hotshot, my GF is liberal and we do NOT discuss politics. Some of her GAY friiends do try to talk politics. When we do it is the libs that get loud, scream, and rant how I am the racist, uncaring, greedy, and meanspirited one that is helping to cause the problems

I do not have hate towards these people. what I did to PO them was when I told them in a calm voice I do not care what they do in private, who they sleep with, or how they live their lives. BUT do not expect me to condone and support their lifestyle. Well, at that point all hell broke loose

Anytime you disagree with a liberal, YOU become a target.

This is the base of the Dem party. People like this. Union goons. The hippies. The rank and file of the liberal media

I have NEVER said every liberal is this or that. I have NEVER expressed any HATE towards liberal, Obama, Reid, or Pelosi. I do want them politically defeated

But your problem with me is I refuse to bow down before your self expressed greatness and I tend to call you on your errors. Much like OCA and Virgil you take those questions very personal. That is your problem son - not mine

Now once again, please site an example of my "hate" towards liberals or admit you were wrong

(Ooops, it is so seldom you are wrong - so you have said)

LuvRPgrl
12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey hotshot, my GF is liberal and we do NOT discuss politics. Some of her GAY friiends do try to talk politics. When we do it is the libs that get loud, scream, and rant how I am the racist, uncaring, greedy, and meanspirited one that is helping to cause the problems

I do not have hate towards these people. what I did to PO them was when I told them in a calm voice I do not care what they do in private, who they sleep with, or how they live their lives. BUT do not expect me to condone and support their lifestyle. Well, at that point all hell broke loose

Anytime you disagree with a liberal, YOU become a target.

This is the base of the Dem party. People like this. Union goons. The hippies. The rank and file of the liberal media

I have NEVER said every liberal is this or that. I have NEVER expressed any HATE towards liberal, Obama, Reid, or Pelosi. I do want them politically defeated

But your problem with me is I refuse to bow down before your self expressed greatness and I tend to call you on your errors. Much like OCA and Virgil you take those questions very personal. That is your problem son - not mine

Now once again, please site an example of my "hate" towards liberals or admit you were wrong

(Ooops, it is so seldom you are wrong - so you have said)

You will wait a long time, he never admits he is wrong, NEVER.

at least 10-20 posts that he has unequicocably stated something, another post shot him down and he didnt respond at all.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to red states rule again.

LuvRPgrl
12-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Keep waiting. I told you that in the spirit of Christmas I'm going to let you keep your lunch money today.

aka, "you kicked my but,waaaaaaaaaaa"

ConHog
12-23-2011, 02:37 PM
aka, "you kicked my but,waaaaaaaaaaa"

I see, so if I fight back to your bulllying, then I'm a loud mouth braggart; but if I just say I'm not going to participate, then I'm a crybaby.

That is completely logicial.

LuvRPgrl
12-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I see, so if I fight back to your bulllying, then I'm a loud mouth braggart; but if I just say I'm not going to participate, then I'm a crybaby.

That is completely logicial.

there is a third choice...........
maybe you can figure out what it is......but I doubt it

ConHog
12-23-2011, 03:21 PM
there is a third choice...........
maybe you can figure out what it is......but I doubt it

If it wasn't for the hassle of the TSA I'd board a plane and come kick your ass, but those searches are unconstitutional so I won't fly. :dance:

red states rule
12-23-2011, 04:54 PM
You will wait a long time, he never admits he is wrong, NEVER.

at least 10-20 posts that he has unequicocably stated something, another post shot him down and he didnt respond at all.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to red states rule again.

Based of his posts, CH must have a very large brain to hold so much ignorance.

LuvRPgrl
12-24-2011, 12:28 AM
If it wasn't for the hassle of the TSA I'd board a plane and come kick your ass, but those searches are unconstitutional so I won't fly. :dance:

yea,,,right.

red states rule
12-24-2011, 08:22 AM
yea,,,right.

:laugh2:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z2itQkiQUOE" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

ConHog
12-24-2011, 10:25 AM
:laugh2:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z2itQkiQUOE" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Sir, you can call me just about anything and I don't give a shit. But coward is one of those things I just won't laugh off. I am part of a brotherhood that has spilled blood fighting for the very flag that speaks to your right to post just about anything you want on the internet. My courage is not at question, and I don't appreciate you questioning it simply because you're butthurt.

Grab a pack and head to war or shut the fuck up questioning the courage of those who have.

red states rule
12-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Sir, you can call me just about anything and I don't give a shit. But coward is one of those things I just won't laugh off. I am part of a brotherhood that has spilled blood fighting for the very flag that speaks to your right to post just about anything you want on the internet. My courage is not at question, and I don't appreciate you questioning it simply because you're butthurt.

Grab a pack and head to war or shut the fuck up questioning the courage of those who have.

You are the one who talked about beating someone up, and that is usually how internet tough guys respond when they have nothing left to offer

and by all emans use a Virgil tactic and play the "I served" card

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but CH you abuse the privilege.

ConHog
12-24-2011, 10:33 AM
You are the one who talked about beating someone up, and that is usually how internet tough guys respond when they have nothing left to offer

and by all emans use a Virgil tactic and play the "I served" card

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but CH you abuse the privilege.

First of all dipshit, I was obviously joking about flying to LUV. I mean anyone with a brain could tell that .

Second of all, YOU questioned my courage. I merely provided evidence that my courage is beyond question.

Third of all, I would put my level of intelligence up against yours ANY day. You think disagreeing with RSR = stupid LOL. So sorry to disappoint, but rabid right wing nut isn't the sign of intelligence you think it is.

red states rule
12-24-2011, 10:35 AM
First of all dipshit, I was obviously joking about flying to LUV. I mean anyone with a brain could tell that .

Second of all, YOU questioned my courage. I merely provided evidence that my courage is beyond question.

Third of all, I would put my level of intelligence up against yours ANY day. You think disagreeing with RSR = stupid LOL. So sorry to disappoint, but rabid right wing nut isn't the sign of intelligence you think it is.

You mean like I was over the top when I said America needs ditch diggers?

You realy need to grow some thick skin CH

I would think the US military would have trained you in that department. And please CH if you're gonna act like a dick you should wear a condom on your head so you can at least look like one

jimnyc
12-24-2011, 10:43 AM
/thread as the flaming seems to be all that is left. It's unbecoming of a staff member to continually fight with a member, and the same about members who seek out a particular staff member to fight with. You guys need to let this go so it can stop ruining what was otherwise good threads.