PDA

View Full Version : What's Up For Your Hollidays?

Kathianne
12-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Tomorrow I'm off to a friend's for a small dinner party. Picked up a bottle of chocolate and red wine. I've not tried it, but have had several friends rave about it, so thought it would be a good hostess gift.

Christmas Eve we'll all be at my brother's house. Christmas day I'm kicking back. The kids are all heading to two or more places and after Thanksgiving I thought, 'Nah, don't want to make or spend for the big dinner thing,' so they are coming over New Year's Day and I'll make chili, we'll open presents, and play games.

chloe
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
The kids will be at there dads house I am hoping to be alone.:salute:

jimnyc
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Christmas Eve is with my wife and Son, we always do the presents thing on the Eve. Christmas Day we are going to Jersey, to my sisters house. Sir Evil will be there, as well as my Dad and Step Mom from South Carolina, and my Step Brother from SC. The only one missing will be Jeff, who will be home in Georgia celebrating for the first time as a Grandpa.

Abbey Marie
12-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Christmas Eve, church and then presents.
Christmas Day, lox and bagels and champagne in the morning, then probably a turkey dinner for just the 3 of us. Possibly my father as well, if I drive 4 total hours to get him and take him back, while also being the cook. :(

We will somehow fit in a trip to Longwood Gardens\
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701&va=longwood+gardens+christmas
either on the 24th or 25th.

I just wish it would SNOW!

darin
12-20-2011, 06:07 AM
No real plans. Xmas morning the four of us will do our thing. So far, I wish I could sue Michigan Weather for false advertisement. :( The winters SUCK here - as bad as Western WA. Sure doesn't FEEL like christmas. :(

fj1200
12-20-2011, 06:28 AM
^You live in the wrong part of the state for the REAL snow. Hopefully the Western half will have an excess amount next week. ;)

darin
12-20-2011, 06:57 AM
^You live in the wrong part of the state for the REAL snow. Hopefully the Western half will have an excess amount next week. ;)

Tell me about it. Sorta want to move. :( What with the vilification of federal employees; may find a job in the private sector anyway.

Jess
12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Christmas Eve is with my wife and Son, we always do the presents thing on the Eve. Christmas Day we are going to Jersey, to my sisters house. Sir Evil will be there, as well as my Dad and Step Mom from South Carolina, and my Step Brother from SC. The only one missing will be Jeff, who will be home in Georgia celebrating for the first time as a Grandpa.

Give Sir Evil a Christmas wedgie from all of us here and tell him to get his happy butt back on the board.2831

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Give Sir Evil a Christmas wedgie from all of us here and tell him to get his happy butt back on the board.2831

I've been trying to! He's been working crazy hours lately though. But for sure I will punch him in the face on Christmas and tell him it's from my favorite members! :laugh2:

Jess
12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I've been trying to! He's been working crazy hours lately though. But for sure I will punch him in the face on Christmas and tell him it's from my favorite members! :laugh2:

Excellent! The gift that keeps on giving. Better than even the Jelly of the Month Club.

Kathianne
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Excellent! The gift that keeps on giving. Better than even the Jelly of the Month Club.

Ive always wanted to send those I'm not found of something like fruitcake of the month! LOL! To those I do, beer or wine or steak of the month. ;)

Abbey Marie
12-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Ive always wanted to send those I'm not found of something like fruitcake of the month! LOL! To those I do, beer or wine or steak of the month. ;)

I just rec'd my first ever "of the month" gift. It is wine of the month. Can't wait for these to arrive!

Kathianne
12-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I just rec'd my first ever "of the month" gift. It is wine of the month. Can't wait for these to arrive!

That's because you are loved! ;) Trust me, if one gets fruitcake of the month, Sssshhhh! LOL!

Jess
12-20-2011, 01:24 PM
We have Christmas Eve with the in-laws, Christmas day at home, possibly another family thing on Dec. 30th.

Low-key for the most part. Especially after Darth Zanious gets his electronic drumsticks and they get the drum set. :eek:

Abbey Marie
12-20-2011, 04:09 PM
That's because you are loved! ;) Trust me, if one gets fruitcake of the month, Sssshhhh! LOL!

Since this was from my husband, thank goodness it wasn't fruitcakes! :laugh2:

CSM
12-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I have already set up the claymores, booby traps and flares around the chimney, got motion dectectors set up all around the roof and got my 10 gauge all loaded and primed. Gonna wait for that red suited elf and all that venison to get close enough so I can stock the freezer with some of that thar North Pole venison and rid the world of one more old fat guy.

Just kidding ... I don't own a 10 gauge. It's a 12 gauge.

Kathianne
12-21-2011, 01:51 PM
I have already set up the claymores, booby traps and flares around the chimney, got motion dectectors set up all around the roof and got my 10 gauge all loaded and primed. Gonna wait for that red suited elf and all that venison to get close enough so I can stock the freezer with some of that thar North Pole venison and rid the world of one more old fat guy.

Just kidding ... I don't own a 10 gauge. It's a 12 gauge.

Merry Christmas! Ho..ho..ho!

Wind Song
12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
We go have Chinese and see a movie. Probably the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo. I'm buying lights today for Solstice.

Jess
12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
We go have Chinese and see a movie. Probably the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo. I'm buying lights today for Solstice.

That actually sounds like a great holiday plan.

I watched all of the "Girl ..." movies that were dubbed. I have to say they were very cool once I got used to the dubbing. Well done. It will be interesting to see if the new versions are as good.