PDA

View Full Version : What the Frack, people...?

darin
12-20-2011, 12:32 PM
What the hell is going on lately? What is with ALL this BULLSHIT petty name calling and bitching. There's such a nasty undercurrent going on lately and it's pathetic.

Please stop worrying about somebody disagreeing with you. Please stop bitching when things get heated - or bitch, but LEAVE it in that thread. Carrying over bitterness from thread to thread is not only immature, it wastes precious forum space. I can't tell you how tired I am of reading carry-over bullshit from one thread to the next. I can't tell you how annoying it is to read about suspected conspiracies about who like whom.

here's what happens:

One person bitches cuz they thought somebody said something bad about them, or criticizing them. Then, they thread-stalk that person adding in their little jab and then complaining when the person responds.

Holy cow, people, please...if you're a guy, grab your balls and be a man. If you're a woman, stop your bitching.

Have more self-esteem than you may be showing.

Jess
12-20-2011, 12:38 PM
"It's Christmas and we're all in misery." 2828

You're right though - what is the point of coming on here and coping an attitude? This is supposed to be fun. Shake it off, laugh it off and get over it. 2829

Kathianne
12-20-2011, 12:39 PM
"It's Christmas and we're all in misery." 2828

You're right though - what is the point of coming on here and coping an attitude? This is supposed to be fun. Shake it off, laugh it off and get over it. 2829

Agreed, have fun with the fun folks and have laughs at the others. ;)

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 12:42 PM
I agree with you. As a community, we need to learn to let things go after having a dispute in a thread. I am guilty as most at times, but I do make efforts. I can debate with someone until my eyes and fingers bleed, and then hopefully laugh with them in a lounge of humor forum.

We have a fairly small community here, but an awesome one. I think each and every person that has been posting in the past few months brings a LOT to this board, even those who I disagree with an awful lot.

My recommendation is this - to those of you who get angered - when it happens, drop down to the bottom portion of the board and have some fun. Get a laugh or two and then return to the debate.

If someone has an opposite opinion about a political issue than you, that doesn't mean you need to hate them. You can tell them they suck in that thread, and then enjoy a laugh with them discussing sports or animal pictures.

There are WAY too many intelligent and cool members here for things to be "brought down" because of anger or similar.

ConHog
12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Might help if some posts weren't deleted and members chastised in public by the men and women in red and green while other posts stayed up and nothing was said to their originator.

Just saying..............

Merry Christmas to all.

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Might help if some posts weren't deleted and members chastised in public by the men and women in red and green while other posts stayed up and nothing was said to their originator.

Just saying..............

Merry Christmas to all.

Let's let it go! You know you can PM me or another staff member of your liking when you have an issue, or report a post. But public complaining like this only brings the community down. Many have wondered over the years why I don't allow public complaints about staff and their decisions. It's reasons just like this. Threads will immediately take a bad turn when this happens, then it grows like a virus. Let's stay cheery and move forward!

ConHog
12-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Let's let it go! You know you can PM me or another staff member of your liking when you have an issue, or report a post. But public complaining like this only brings the community down. Many have wondered over the years why I don't allow public complaints about staff and their decisions. It's reasons just like this. Threads will immediately take a bad turn when this happens, then it grows like a virus. Let's stay cheery and move forward!

Your board and your rules of course; but I personally disagree. I actually liken it to a situation like at PSU where everyone is told "oh we're handling it internally." Now of course I am not accusing anyone of doing anything remotely close to what Sandusky did, so hope no one thinks that........

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Your board and your rules of course; but I personally disagree. I actually liken it to a situation like at PSU where everyone is told "oh we're handling it internally." Now of course I am not accusing anyone of doing anything remotely close to what Sandusky did, so hope no one thinks that........

Do you think we should have a public forum where we discuss staff decisions and allow the entire board to see/participate? Trust me, that's a recipe for disaster.

As long as things ARE handled when you make a complaint, why do you care if it's public or not? Things like that bring a board down, trust me. Other members not involved in a complaint don't need to be reading that stuff, it serves no purpose.

ConHog
12-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Do you think we should have a public forum where we discuss staff decisions and allow the entire board to see/participate? Trust me, that's a recipe for disaster.

As long as things ARE handled when you make a complaint, why do you care if it's public or not? Things like that bring a board down, trust me. Other members not involved in a complaint don't need to be reading that stuff, it serves no purpose.

Of course I don't think there should be such a board.. But neither do I think a poster should be immune to being called out in public when they do something that they get onto other posters for simply b/c their name is in red or green. If poster A and poster B get in a flame war it isn't right to modify poster As posts and threaten a ban in public while leaving poster Bs posts alone and not saying anything to him/her in public simply because Poster B is a mod or admin. it reeks of preferential treatment whether you intend it to or not ( and you KNOW that I don't think you intend any such thng.)

Abbey Marie
12-20-2011, 01:07 PM
http://i.mycommentspace.com/12/1290.jpg

Jess
12-20-2011, 01:11 PM

darin
12-20-2011, 01:14 PM
This thread is bothering me now. Geesh.

Look - The Admins/Mods are a multi-headed creature. We cannot follow any - hell - even MOST threads. When we see something wrong, we make a call. If folks get butt-hurt, geesh...what the aich? Countless times I'm lambasted for not knowing a detailed history of who is bitching at whom.

ConHog
12-20-2011, 01:18 PM
http://i.mycommentspace.com/12/1290.jpg

I'm friendly to everyone who is friendly with me. The rest can go fuck themselves.

Nukeman
12-20-2011, 01:21 PM
This thread is bothering me now. Geesh.

Look - The Admins/Mods are a multi-headed creature. We cannot follow any - hell - even MOST threads. When we see something wrong, we make a call. If folks get butt-hurt, geesh...what the aich? Countless times I'm lambasted for not knowing a detailed history of who is bitching at whom.I just have to say I think Jim runs a very nice board here. I was with him at USMB than when he started this one. In all those years you can count on 1 hand the number of complaints I have made about other posters. Now if you are new here or have a large number of complaints about others... Maybe you should look in the mirror.... Just saying!!!!

Nukeman
12-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm friendly to everyone who is friendly with me. The rest can go fuck themselves.so disagreement is "unfriendly" wow!!!!!!! grow a thicker skin!!!!!!

ConHog
12-20-2011, 01:24 PM
I just have to say I think Jim runs a very nice board here. I was with him at USMB than when he started this one. In all those years you can count on 1 hand the number of complaints I have made about other posters. Now if you are new here or have a large number of complaints about others... Maybe you should look in the mirror.... Just saying!!!!

I agree, I like this board to, and Jim is a great guy.

ConHog
12-20-2011, 01:25 PM
so disagreement is "unfriendly" wow!!!!!!! grow a thicker skin!!!!!!

No sir, actually I think I'm pretty good about being friendly even with people I disagree with. There are others who think you have to agree with their every opinion or be a blood enemy though.

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Of course I don't think there should be such a board.. But neither do I think a poster should be immune to being called out in public when they do something that they get onto other posters for simply b/c their name is in red or green. If poster A and poster B get in a flame war it isn't right to modify poster As posts and threaten a ban in public while leaving poster Bs posts alone and not saying anything to him/her in public simply because Poster B is a mod or admin. it reeks of preferential treatment whether you intend it to or not ( and you KNOW that I don't think you intend any such thng.)

I assure you, and everyone reading, that staff is not immune to being called out when I think something is inappropriate. I think each staff member has at one point in time wished death on me for the way or why I have asked them to back off of things, or change things, or ignore things... I do what I think is best for the board. I know that all the staff members do too. Sometimes we treat things a little differently. But don't think we don't discuss things in private, and complaints aren't looked at seriously. We don't do it in public for good reason. Staff calling one another out is not good, plainly put. But we do our best to moderate fairly and not do "harm" to the board. We're open to changes and are willing to listen and change things. If you look around, you'll see that we very rarely actually "moderate" anything.

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 01:33 PM
I just have to say I think Jim runs a very nice board here. I was with him at USMB than when he started this one. In all those years you can count on 1 hand the number of complaints I have made about other posters. N

I agree, I like this board to, and Jim is a great guy.

Suck up bastards!

Seriously though, as I always tell everyone, I just facilitate the place and pay bills when I can! It's the "community" that runs the place.

Jess
12-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Suck up bastards!

Seriously though, as I always tell everyone, I just facilitate the place and pay bills when I can! It's the "community" that runs the place.

So you're saying the inmates are running the asylum?

Whooo-hoooooo!2834

ConHog
12-20-2011, 01:59 PM

Whooo-hoooooo!2834

Why not? The primates are running the White House.

oh yes, I just went there.

Thunderknuckles
12-20-2011, 02:04 PM
We're all like them colored crystals in Land of the Lost. They're all good when left alone but when you place some of them in close proximity you get a nasty reaction.

...just channeling my inner Jack Handey

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Why not? The primates are running the White House.

oh yes, I just went there.

Am I wrong if I cracked up? :laugh2:

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 02:09 PM

Whooo-hoooooo!2834

Well, basically, yes! We're here to put out fires and keep things in a bit of order. So it's "controlled chaos" <---- Jeff Dunham, creator of "Achmed the Dead Terrorist, that's the name of his latest stand-up special with Achmed!

ConHog
12-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Am I wrong if I cracked up? :laugh2:

If laughing at that is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Jess
12-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Well, basically, yes! We're here to put out fires and keep things in a bit of order. So it's "controlled chaos" <---- Jeff Dunham, creator of "Achmed the Dead Terrorist, that's the name of his latest stand-up special with Achmed!

Oh geez! Gunny got the gelflings watching Dunham. They run around singing "Jingle Bombs" now. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Oh geez! Gunny got the gelflings watching Dunham. They run around singing "Jingle Bombs" now. :rolleyes:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0HytQMImiX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
12-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Poliosis! LOL

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rW_BrgXJ2k4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gunny
12-21-2011, 05:47 AM

*ahem* ....

Let it go. The rukes are no different here than they were at USMB. You don't like a mod personally, knock yourself out. You will not however question their decision while acting as staff in public. This ain't new for you. If you don't like a staff member's decision, you can PM any other staff member, but you will NOT put it on the board.

Quit acting like you don't know the deal. End of fucking story.

SassyLady
12-21-2011, 07:06 AM

Motto.....

All complaints about company/community, etc. are not discussed with peers but sent up the chain of command to be addressed.

ConHog
12-22-2011, 07:46 PM
*ahem* ....

Let it go. The rukes are no different here than they were at USMB. You don't like a mod personally, knock yourself out. You will not however question their decision while acting as staff in public. This ain't new for you. If you don't like a staff member's decision, you can PM any other staff member, but you will NOT put it on the board.

Quit acting like you don't know the deal. End of fucking story.

You must be new. I didn't address SHIT that was said/done by a mod in public. I addressed what Kath said as a POSTER on the forum. If I'm wrong and she was posting AS an admin in the post I remarked on, you bet , I'll apologize. But I'm willing to bet that Jim doesn't condone a mod/admin posting as a poster then hiding behind "you can't question a mod/admin in public" when they are called out in public.

My understanding is that mod/admin remarks that aren't supposed to be questioned on the board appear in RED.

If my interpretation of the rules is wrong, fine, if not, I suppose that makes YOU wrong and well it appears you are posting as a mod here even if not in read so I won't comment on it further in public.

jimnyc
12-22-2011, 08:01 PM
You must be new. I didn't address SHIT that was said/done by a mod in public. I addressed what Kath said as a POSTER on the forum. If I'm wrong and she was posting AS an admin in the post I remarked on, you bet , I'll apologize. But I'm willing to bet that Jim doesn't condone a mod/admin posting as a poster then hiding behind "you can't question a mod/admin in public" when they are called out in public.

My understanding is that mod/admin remarks that aren't supposed to be questioned on the board appear in RED.

If my interpretation of the rules is wrong, fine, if not, I suppose that makes YOU wrong and well it appears you are posting as a mod here even if not in read so I won't comment on it further in public.

We don't separate our moderator decisions here with text in RED. We just expect staff requests and decisions to be respected, and if someone has an issue with a request or decision, they should take their complaint private so that it doesn't clutter the board with negativity. I think we're all adults here and all have enough intelligence to know when we're cluttering the board and when we should take gripes up in private. If it's an issue with a post, report the post, as then the post and your comments get posted into a new thread for the entire staff to see and help with.

ConHog
12-22-2011, 08:04 PM
We don't separate our moderator decisions here with text in RED. We just expect staff requests and decisions to be respected, and if someone has an issue with a request or decision, they should take their complaint private so that it doesn't clutter the board with negativity. I think we're all adults here and all have enough intelligence to know when we're cluttering the board and when we should take gripes up in private. If it's an issue with a post, report the post, as then the post and your comments get posted into a new thread for the entire staff to see and help with.

Hmm, I guess I can't really comment on what you've said because your an admin and well. got it.

darin
12-22-2011, 08:10 PM
this is exactly what i'm talking about in the OP and other replies. :-/

jimnyc
12-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Hmm, I guess I can't really comment on what you've said because your an admin and well. got it.

And now YOU know, as well as everyone else, why I think it's best to have discussions like this via PM.