PDA

View Full Version : MY Bike

Jeff
12-20-2011, 11:48 PM
I had just put the saddle bags on it

Kathianne
12-20-2011, 11:51 PM

It's a fact of life, you can never have too much storage! ;) How's that grandson?

Jeff
12-21-2011, 12:18 AM

The picture at the store was outside Athens G.A. the wife and I had stopped for a drink, that was the bike when I first got it , the other picture on the trailer I took yesterday , I had just finished the trailer and am ready to head to Florida once it is to cold here in G.A.

Jeff
12-21-2011, 12:25 AM
It's a fact of life, you can never have too much storage! ;) How's that grandson?

He is Great Kat and I am about to post a couple pics right now :cool:

fj1200
12-21-2011, 02:00 AM

Nice, I see the Moonshiner 28 (http://www.moonshiner28.com/) in your future.

Jeff
12-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Nice, I see the Moonshiner 28 (http://www.moonshiner28.com/) in your future.

I have it book marked Fj , I have been to the tail whitch we call the devils tail but that sounds like a nice ride from here , thanks for the info

fj1200
12-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I have it book marked Fj , I have been to the tail whitch we call the devils tail but that sounds like a nice ride from here , thanks for the info

That's a good name for it; I really don't enjoy it that much, to many switch backs for my taste. The Cherohala Skyway (http://www.cherohala.com/) and Foothills Parkway are far more enjoyable to me but there are so many great roads over that way.

Kathianne
12-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't have a bike. However, if I'm not mistaken you are all referring to the mountains in TN/KY areas? Well I've lived in IL all my life. Until my parents moved to FL I'd only flown there.

Let me tell you, this flatlander, IL girl was scared **itless driving through those mountains, 'hills.' Those aren't 'hills.' Fact!

I've done that route now 9 times, every single time I'm speeding to find a potty!

fj1200
12-24-2011, 11:36 PM
^It's more like TN/NC, Smoky Mountains, etc. Did you get off of the interstate? If not you have no idea.

And "mountains"? I think someone from the actual Rockies would beg to differ. :laugh:

Kathianne
12-24-2011, 11:41 PM
^It's more like TN/NC, Smoky Mountains, etc. Did you get off of the interstate? If not you have no idea. :laugh:I'll mapquest later, but if memory serves, I95? Lord knows I could be wrong.

I 'know' the 'mountains' aren't really much, compared to say Rockies. Good Lord! But they scared me. Enough that at one point I was screaming at my kids that if they didn't let me concentrate we'd all die!

seriously. Just discussing, gives me the heebeejeebees.

fj1200
12-24-2011, 11:47 PM
:laugh: Probably 65/75 coming from IL. The mountains are the most interesting part of the drive. I'll be doing much of that route the next two days to get up to MI.

ConHog
12-24-2011, 11:50 PM
I'll mapquest later, but if memory serves, I95? Lord knows I could be wrong.

I 'know' the 'mountains' aren't really much, compared to say Rockies. Good Lord! But they scared me. Enough that at one point I was screaming at my kids that if they didn't let me concentrate we'd all die!

seriously. Just discussing, gives me the heebeejeebees.

Where I live is very similar to that, especially if you ever get over near Eureka Springs or follow the Pig Trail on down to Mena. Roads that you practically are hanging off a cliff as you make the corner.

People from up north drive about 2 miles an hour on those type roads.