PDA

View Full Version : From an e-mail I got

CSM
12-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Got this from a friend (I think it was extracted from an article or something):

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jimnyc
12-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Funny thing is, I see these as facts, but I'll guarantee you that there are millions of liberals out there who think they can argue with this. (or at least unsuccessfully try to explain the necessity behind the Robin Hood techniques)

CSM
12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
I see them as facts too. I thought they were interesting.

ConHog
12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Funny thing is, I see these as facts, but I'll guarantee you that there are millions of liberals out there who think they can argue with this. (or at least unsuccessfully try to explain the necessity behind the Robin Hood techniques)

Exactly. I would like to know why no one who I've ever seen posting on a message board that taxes for the rich should go up, has EVER answered the question as to why it's fair that some people actually make money off the income tax system? They just totally ignore it.

Just as one example.

CSM
12-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Somebody should make a huge wall hanging out of these and hang them in every politician's office from dog catcher to Presisdent.

jimnyc
12-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Exactly. I would like to know why no one who I've ever seen posting on a message board that taxes for the rich should go up, has EVER answered the question as to why it's fair that some people actually make money off the income tax system? They just totally ignore it.

Just as one example.

Believe it or not, there are many who think it's "in the constitution" to allow the government to take from the rich to give to the poor.

ConHog
12-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Oh, I must correct myself. OCA did respond to my question once, but all he said was he thought it was great that people who weren't rich were making money off the tax system, he didn't tell me WHY he thought it was great, but he did say it was great and that the rich should pay more.

SassyLady
12-27-2011, 12:36 AM

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Here's what I have posted on my wall at work.

“You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”

Adrian Pierce Rogers (September 12, 1931 – November 15, 2005), was an American pastor, conservative, author, and a three-term president of the Southern Baptist Convention (1979-1980 and 1986-1988).

red states rule
12-27-2011, 05:15 AM

Hand out copies of this and give one to every hippie occupier who is demanding more government handouts and higher taxes on the workers