PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Comfort ________

darin
12-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Fav. comfort food/drink/clothes/location?

When you think about peace, anchored place - emotionally, when you think about what tastes really really good (keep it G-rated, please :) )...what do you have? Where do you go physically or mentally?

I think I'd have to go to grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. The slight-greesy warm melty crunchy goodness of a perfectly grilled cheese sammy, countered by the creamy sweet slightly acidic soup does wonders for a belly.

If I were eating those things off a table of the abs of Jessica Alba, Abbey, or that one red-head walking down the hall at work - would be near as nirvana as I could expect. :D

CSM
12-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Favorites I guess would have to be sitting on my boat in the late evening on a warm summer night with a tall glass of ice/cranberry juice. I'm with you on the grilled cheese but instead of tomatoe soup I put slice tomatoes in the samwhich when I make it.

Abbey Marie
12-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Kinda cliche', but, drinking anything in front of the fire, while it snows outside. Probably a Manhattan. With someone special, of course.

darin
12-23-2011, 02:12 PM
B&B

Noir
12-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Generally anywhere I can get my head into a book without having to think too much about what's going on around me.

All the better if I'm traveling somewhere by train/plane and if Morrissey's whispering into me ears ^,^

ConHog
12-23-2011, 03:19 PM

When you think about peace, anchored place - emotionally, when you think about what tastes really really good (keep it G-rated, please :) )...what do you have? Where do you go physically or mentally?

I think I'd have to go to grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. The slight-greesy warm melty crunchy goodness of a perfectly grilled cheese sammy, countered by the creamy sweet slightly acidic soup does wonders for a belly.

If I were eating those things off a table of the abs of Jessica Alba, Abbey, or that one red-head walking down the hall at work - would be near as nirvana as I could expect. :D

My mom's turkey pot pie - oh lawd now I'm hungry.

hot chocolate with the mini marshmallows

My BDUs

Anywhere my wife is.

Jess
12-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Curled up with a good book.

Snuggling with the minions or my fella - differently, of course.

Chocolate. 2861

red states rule
12-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Nothing is more comforting then chocolate

Snickers, Milky Way, or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my favorites

chloe
12-23-2011, 09:48 PM

My favorite comfort is music, black & white films and romantic comedies

Kathianne
12-24-2011, 12:14 AM
My favorite comfort is music, black & white films and romantic comedies

My fuzzy robe over my Lanz flannels, with fuzzy socks in my fuzzy slippers. My 26oz Starbucks mug filled with coffee and I'm curled under my afghan watching a movie or reading a book. :laugh2:

ConHog
12-24-2011, 07:37 PM
My fuzzy robe over my Lanz flannels, with fuzzy socks in my fuzzy slippers. My 26oz Starbucks mug filled with coffee and I'm curled under my afghan watching a movie or reading a book. :laugh2:

If nothing else, that sounds warm.

Abbey Marie
12-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Lol, I'm sensing a theme here. :laugh2:

Kathianne
12-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Lol, I'm sensing a theme here. :laugh2:

Indeed. Warmth=Comfort, at least when I'm alone, reading or watching a movie at home. For the Mensa man's post, warmth is good, whether from snuggling with someone or provided by oneself. While not equal, it's the comfort that counts.

Jess
12-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Indeed. Warmth=Comfort, at least when I'm alone, reading or watching a movie at home. For the Mensa man's post, warmth is good, whether from snuggling with someone or provided by oneself. While not equal, it's the comfort that counts.

I got a new snuggly blanket and flannel jammmies from my boyos and there is never a shortage of fellas to snuggle with here. I'm a fortunate lady. ;)

red states rule
12-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Right now my honey is in the kitchen and I can smell the ham baking in the oven, the biscuits are almost done, and she is wearing her tight jeans

Damn I am a lucky man!!!!

This is comfort for me