PDA

View Full Version : Frightening frosting? TSA confiscates cupcake

Shadow
12-26-2011, 01:14 PM
PEABODY, Mass. -- An airport security officer confiscated a frosted cupcake amid fears its icing could be a security risk (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#), according to reports.
Rebecca Hains said the Transportation Security Administration agent at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas took her cupcake Wednesday. According to Hains, he told her its frosting was enough like a gel to violate TSA restrictions on allowing liquids and gels onto flights to prevent them from being used as explosives.
"I just thought this was terrible logic," Hains said Friday.
Hains said the agent didn't seem concerned that the red velvet cupcake, which was packaged in an 8-ounce mason jar, could actually be explosive, just that it fit some bureaucratic definition about what was prohibited.

"Once he had identified it as a security threat it was no longer mine and I couldn't have it back," Hains told NBC station WHDH.
Hains, a 35-year-old communications professor at Salem State University, said she told the agent she had passed through security at Boston's Logan International Airport earlier in the week with two cupcakes packaged in jars, gifts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#) from a student. But she said the agent told her that just meant TSA officials in Boston didn't do its job.
"The TSA agent who saw them, picked them up and said, 'these look delicious,' and sent me on my way," Hains told WHDH.

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/24/9676807-frightening-frosting-tsa-confiscates-cupcake

I think the TSA agent later ate them. What do you think? Damn those killer cupcakes! ;)

ConHog
12-26-2011, 01:17 PM
PEABODY, Mass. -- An airport security officer confiscated a frosted cupcake amid fears its icing could be a security risk (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#), according to reports.
Rebecca Hains said the Transportation Security Administration agent at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas took her cupcake Wednesday. According to Hains, he told her its frosting was enough like a gel to violate TSA restrictions on allowing liquids and gels onto flights to prevent them from being used as explosives.
"I just thought this was terrible logic," Hains said Friday.
Hains said the agent didn't seem concerned that the red velvet cupcake, which was packaged in an 8-ounce mason jar, could actually be explosive, just that it fit some bureaucratic definition about what was prohibited.

"Once he had identified it as a security threat it was no longer mine and I couldn't have it back," Hains told NBC station WHDH.
Hains, a 35-year-old communications professor at Salem State University, said she told the agent she had passed through security at Boston's Logan International Airport earlier in the week with two cupcakes packaged in jars, gifts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#) from a student. But she said the agent told her that just meant TSA officials in Boston didn't do its job.
"The TSA agent who saw them, picked them up and said, 'these look delicious,' and sent me on my way," Hains told WHDH.

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/24/9676807-frightening-frosting-tsa-confiscates-cupcake

I think the TSA agent later ate them. What do you think? Damn those killer cupcakes! ;)

So what? They clearly have signs up saying no food or drink past THIS point. her fault for not reading the posted rules. She's a stupid whiny bitch .

Shadow
12-26-2011, 01:24 PM
So what? They clearly have signs up saying no food or drink past THIS point. her fault for not reading the posted rules. She's a stupid whiny bitch .

Yeah yeah...everyone's a whiny bitch to you LOL

TSA rules state that you CAN bring cakes and pies through the check points...although they do say they will be screened. I say the agent was just being an asshole.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/holiday.shtm

ConHog
12-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Yeah yeah...everyone's a whiny bitch to you LOL

TSA rules state that you CAN bring cakes and pies through the check points...although they do say they will be screened. I say the agent was just being an asshole.

Yes, everyone who makes a big deal out of things like not being able to bring a cupcake on an airplane is a whiny bitch.

When you go to a football game at most colleges now, they won't even let you take a pack of gum into the stadium. For years movie theaters haven't let people take outside food into the theater. How is this different? Because it's a government employee telling you no?

Oh and PS , and I was wanting to say this anyway - there is no constitutional right to not be talked to by government employees. So why all the complaints when you meet one? Some people are assholes, that's just the way it is.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 01:41 PM
"It's not really about the cupcake; I can get another cupcake," she added. "It's about an encroachment on civil liberties. We're just building up a resistance and tolerance to all these things they're doing in the name of security, when it's really theater. It is not keeping us safe."

This is a quote from a woman with an agenda, not a woman who was just upset about her cupcakes. It's also a quote from an idiot who apparently believes she has a right to carry a cupcake onto an airplane. :laugh2:

Shadow
12-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Yes, everyone who makes a big deal out of things like not being able to bring a cupcake on an airplane is a whiny bitch.

When you go to a football game at most colleges now, they won't even let you take a pack of gum into the stadium. For years movie theaters haven't let people take outside food into the theater. How is this different? Because it's a government employee telling you no?

Oh and PS , and I was wanting to say this anyway - there is no constitutional right to not be talked to by government employees. So why all the complaints when you meet one? Some people are assholes, that's just the way it is.

Do the football stadiums and movie theaters make you remove your panties or breast implants to make sure you ain't got no gum on ya?:laugh:

Shadow
12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
"It's not really about the cupcake; I can get another cupcake," she added. "It's about an encroachment on civil liberties. We're just building up a resistance and tolerance to all these things they're doing in the name of security, when it's really theater. It is not keeping us safe."

This is a quote from a woman with an agenda, not a woman who was just upset about her cupcakes. It's also a quote from an idiot who apparently believes she has a right to carry a cupcake onto an airplane. :laugh2:

Wonder if she called the handy dandy new 1-800 number asking about specific rules about travleing with pies and cakes...and was told she could as long as she knew they would be screened?

Damn her for not realizing that "yes" actually means "no".:laugh:

ConHog
12-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Do the football stadiums and movie theaters make you remove your panties or breast implants to make sure you ain't got no gum on ya?:laugh:

At the football stadiums they certainly look through my wife's purse. Just part of it if you want to go in.

Same deal.

Shadow
12-26-2011, 01:54 PM
At the football stadiums they certainly look through my wife's purse. Just part of it if you want to go in.

Same deal.

But do they take you into a back room and do a strip search?

ConHog
12-26-2011, 01:57 PM

Did they take THIS woman into the back room and do a strip search?

By the way, I still haven't seen evidence that the TSA strip searched anyone. EVER.

logroller
12-26-2011, 02:00 PM
My aunt brought red velvet cake over on Christmas eve; its so good, it should be illegal.:laugh:

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 02:02 PM
It looks like they 'are investigating...'

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/security-theater-tsa-confiscates-womans-frosted-cupcake-161059325.html

... Hains said she had flown from Boston to Las Vegas with two cupcakes without any problems.
"The TSA at Logan Airport said the cupcakes looked delicious and told us to have a great trip. But in Las Vegas, they were dangerous. They shouldn't be delicious in one part of the country and a security threat in the other."

Hains called the TSA "security theater."

"You'd expect them to be consistent. If they're doing what they claim to be doing and actually protecting travelers, they would be applying their rules using critical thinking. He gave no indication that really thought the cupcake was a threat."

"This really isn't about the cupcake, it's about the bigger issue and it's indicative of the fact that broader reforms need to be made to the TSA because they are not keeping us safe," said Hains.
"In general, cakes and pies are allowed in carry-on luggage," TSA spokesperson James Fotenos told ABC News affiliate WCVB (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ts2d487/EXP=1326135363/**http%3A//www.thebostonchannel.com/news/30062442/detail.html%23ixzz1hT3XsoJY). Fotenos added that they were looking into why this cupcake was confiscated.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 02:05 PM
It looks like they 'are investigating...'

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/security-theater-tsa-confiscates-womans-frosted-cupcake-161059325.html

Which is as it should be. My point is this is just another woman making a huge case out of NOTHING. Noway this is newsworthy accept that she had an agenda.

I can't help but imagine that if this had happened to YOU, you would have told your husband "what an asshole" and maybe started a thread on it here , but not have went to the media about it. That's how most sane people would have reacted.

Shadow
12-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Did they take THIS woman into the back room and do a strip search?

By the way, I still haven't seen evidence that the TSA strip searched anyone. EVER.

Did your wife check the rules on carrying gum into a football game? Find out that,yes she could...then only to have it be confiscated because the gel inside could be an explosive? :laugh:

Shadow
12-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Which is as it should be. My point is this is just another woman making a huge case out of NOTHING. Noway this is newsworthy accept that she had an agenda.

I can't help but imagine that if this had happened to YOU, you would have told your husband "what an asshole" and maybe started a thread on it here , but not have went to the media about it. That's how most sane people would have reacted.

How many people need to come forward with complaints before it becomes "something"? This idea that everyone should just go along with whatever crap is dished out and STFU is a load of bullshit. Would YOU? Somehow I doubt it. :laugh:

ConHog
12-26-2011, 03:32 PM
How many people need to come forward with complaints before it becomes "something"? This idea that everyone should just go along with whatever crap is dished out and STFU is a load of bullshit. Would YOU? Somehow I doubt it. :laugh:

My dear, please read what I wrote To Kath.I didn't say someone shouldn't complain, but complain =/= run to the media over every little thing. IF her only concern was making sure the TSA were not doing something they shouldn't be, this wouldn't have been a media story, it's a freaking cupcake.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 03:34 PM
My dear, please read what I wrote To Kath.I didn't say someone shouldn't complain, but complain =/= run to the media over every little thing. IF her only concern was making sure the TSA were not doing something they shouldn't be, this wouldn't have been a media story, it's a freaking cupcake.

Yet from all reports, TSA does 0 about complaints to itself. On the other hand, complaints that make the media? Geez, you'd think they were a government entity or something!

sundaydriver
12-26-2011, 03:39 PM
To equate the icing on 2 cupcakes to a gel like banned substances seems a little way too overboard to me. Espically since it is technically allowed by TSA rules and unpackaged. I think this TSA agent agreed with the Boston TSA agent that they looked delicious and took them for his own. ;)

Note: You can bring pies and cakes through the security checkpoint, but please be advised that they are subject to additional screening.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Yet from all reports, TSA does 0 about complaints to itself. On the other hand, complaints that make the media? Geez, you'd think they were a government entity or something!

And I believe (make that I KNOW) that I have said in other threads that I advocate for an independent committee to review these cases. Not an internal review. That isn't the same thing as running to the media and acting like losing your cupcake is some grand civil rights violation. Which is EXACTLY what this stupid bitch claimed it was.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 03:43 PM
To equate the icing on 2 cupcakes to a gel like banned substances seems a little way too overboard to me. Espically since it is technically allowed by TSA rules and unpackaged. I think this TSA agent agreed with the Boston TSA agent that they looked delicious and took them for his own. ;)

Note: You can bring pies and cakes through the security checkpoint, but please be advised that they are subject to additional screening.

he screened them with his taste buds. That's excellent . :dance::laugh2:

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 03:44 PM
And I believe (make that I KNOW) that I have said in other threads that I advocate for an independent committee to review these cases. Not an internal review. That isn't the same thing as running to the media and acting like losing your cupcake is some grand civil rights violation. Which is EXACTLY what this stupid bitch claimed it was.

So you have some link or something that TSA is in favor of such? Not going to happen. So, what are people to do?

ConHog
12-26-2011, 03:48 PM
So you have some link or something that TSA is in favor of such? Not going to happen. So, what are people to do?

No, I have no idea if TSA would do something like that, it was merely my OPINION. But do you really think that running to the media about her cupcake is going to accomplish ANYTHING? Other than making her look stupid that is.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 03:51 PM
No, I have no idea if TSA would do something like that, it was merely my OPINION. But do you really think that running to the media about her cupcake is going to accomplish ANYTHING? Other than making her look stupid that is.

I don't think that when an official of TSA replies that they are investigating, the complaining party looks stupid. Just the opposite.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't think that when an official of TSA replies that they are investigating, the complaining party looks stupid. Just the opposite.

The running to the media didn't precipitate teh investigation. No doubt she filed a complaint with the TSA themselves. And as a matter of course ALL complaints filed are investigated, no matter how stupid. Imagine the uproar if it were found police weren't investigating complaints about themselves.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 04:05 PM
The running to the media didn't precipitate teh investigation. No doubt she filed a complaint with the TSA themselves. And as a matter of course ALL complaints filed are investigated, no matter how stupid. Imagine the uproar if it were found police weren't investigating complaints about themselves.

You are being serious? Yes, police complaints are 'investigated.' Indeed in the most egregious cases a letter of reprimand may follow. If not under probationary period, that is the most that would happen. On the other hand, if the complaining party goes to the media, much more vigor will be put into the investigation.

I don't think TSA appears to have the standards of a police force, even in Arkansas.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 04:08 PM
You are being serious? Yes, police complaints are 'investigated.' Indeed in the most egregious cases a letter of reprimand may follow. If not under probationary period, that is the most that would happen. On the other hand, if the complaining party goes to the media, much more vigor will be put into the investigation.

I don't think TSA appears to have the standards of a police force, even in Arkansas.

Oh? So you would suggest that when people have little niggly complaints about say teachers to, that they should run to the media rather than to the school board and let the process take care of itself?

Can you prove the TSA doesn't seriously investigate all claims against them, or is that just your prejudice assuming they don't?

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Oh? So you would suggest that when people have little niggly complaints about say teachers to, that they should run to the media rather than to the school board and let the process take care of itself?

Can you prove the TSA doesn't seriously investigate all claims against them, or is that just your prejudice assuming they don't?

It's all in the response. If the school or police department doesn't respond, one would expect the complaint to be moved up.

With any federal entity the response is much weaker and harder for the complaining party to successfully make.

One knows what 30mph means, whether or not they heed it. In this case, TSA says certain things are ok, with further scanning. Works in one place, not another. Hmmm...

So who to lodge the complaint against? The one that complimented? The one who perhaps ate it?

ConHog
12-26-2011, 04:16 PM
It's all in the response. If the school or police department doesn't respond, one would expect the complaint to be moved up.

With any federal entity the response is much weaker and harder for the complaining party to successfully make.

One knows what 30mph means, whether or not they heed it. In this case, TSA says certain things are ok, with further scanning. Works in one place, not another. Hmmm...

So who to lodge the complaint against? The one that complimented? The one who perhaps ate it?

It doesn't look like this whiny bitch gave anyone time to respond to me. And it's a goddamned cupcake. It's not like they stole her jewelery or something. A SANE person MIGHT file a complaint here, but more likely would do as I said and sey "what an asshole" and move on without their cupcake. This lady ran right to the media claiming that her civil rights were violated. There was ABSOLUTELY no civil rights violation here. Is that statement true or false Kath?

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 04:19 PM
It doesn't look like this whiny bitch gave anyone time to respond to me. And it's a goddamned cupcake. It's not like they stole her jewelery or something. A SANE person MIGHT file a complaint here, but more likely would do as I said and sey "what an asshole" and move on without their cupcake. This lady ran right to the media claiming that her civil rights were violated. There was ABSOLUTELY no civil rights violation here. Is that statement true or false Kath?

I didn't say civil rights violation. What it is in all probability is an overreach by an employee of TSA. If there weren't others, much more serious, that you also excuse, one might agree with you. However, there is a pattern here, one which would make anyone following the news also move to the largest bully pulpit they can find.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 04:28 PM
I didn't say civil rights violation. What it is in all probability is an overreach by an employee of TSA. If there weren't others, much more serious, that you also excuse, one might agree with you. However, there is a pattern here, one which would make anyone following the news also move to the largest bully pulpit they can find.

You misunderstood. I didn't say YOU said her civil rights were violated, I said SHE said it.

And its not an over reach, the cupcake should have been searched more thoroughly and then returned to the passenger if everything looks okay, and w don't even know the details, I would like to know why they weren't returned to her. That doesn't make it an over raech, it makes it another TSA agent who apparently isn't very well trained in their own policies. That IS a problem, and just like in the other thread I pointed out that that whiny bitch wasn't strip searched, a poorly trained employee mistook a back brace for a money belt. Not an over reach to have her remove it, just poor training not to know the difference.

I am all for properly training these folks , but improper training isn't the TSA over reaching, and it certainly isn't violating anyone's civil rights.

And that has been my common theme in all of these threads. I want the TSA in place, properly trained, and reprimanded when they DO screw up, and they do; but idiots making false claims and claiming that minor things are civil rights violations and screaming to the media isn't helping anything.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 04:33 PM
You misunderstood. I didn't say YOU said her civil rights were violated, I said SHE said it.

And its not an over reach, the cupcake should have been searched more thoroughly and then returned to the passenger if everything looks okay, and w don't even know the details, I would like to know why they weren't returned to her. That doesn't make it an over raech, it makes it another TSA agent who apparently isn't very well trained in their own policies. That IS a problem, and just like in the other thread I pointed out that that whiny bitch wasn't strip searched, a poorly trained employee mistook a back brace for a money belt. Not an over reach to have her remove it, just poor training not to know the difference.

I am all for properly training these folks , but improper training isn't the TSA over reaching, and it certainly isn't violating anyone's civil rights.

And that has been my common theme in all of these threads. I want the TSA in place, properly trained, and reprimanded when they DO screw up, and they do; but idiots making false claims and claiming that minor things are civil rights violations and screaming to the media isn't helping anything.

Actually your consistent theme has been to demonize those complaining. In very harsh terms. Including foul names and suggesting prosecution and incarceration, even of elderly woman in wheelchair, which was earlier and more serious than the cupcake. Though you DO remain consistent.

You fault those complaining, rather than those that cause the complaints.

TSA has had the time and funding to get up and running, don't blame the passengers for the inefficiency of government entities.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Actually your consistent theme has been to demonize those complaining. In very harsh terms. Including foul names and suggesting prosecution and incarceration, even of elderly woman in wheelchair, which was earlier and more serious than the cupcake. Though you DO remain consistent.

You fault those complaining, rather than those that cause the complaints.

TSA has had the time and funding to get up and running, don't blame the passengers for the inefficiency of government entities.

Then you're only reading what you want to read. I have consistently said that the TSA should be held responsible when they do things wrong. I just don't think mistakenly confiscating a cupcake or confusing a money belt with a back brace are things one should get all worked up over. and certainly running to the media and lying that you were strip searched or claiming that your civil rights were violated because a cupcake was confiscated is proof that the TSA is bad guys.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Then you're only reading what you want to read. I have consistently said that the TSA should be held responsible when they do things wrong. I just don't think mistakenly confiscating a cupcake or confusing a money belt with a back brace are things one should get all worked up over. and certainly running to the media and lying that you were strip searched or claiming that your civil rights were violated because a cupcake was confiscated is proof that the TSA is bad guys.

I disagree. You are asking for and assuming that the best response is to leave it to the government. You are paying lip service to the need for change. Indeed, leaving it to those who are stomping on the people who pay their salaries.

Yet, you are consistent. Government is good, perhaps occasionally wrong, but correctable very easily.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 04:51 PM
I disagree. You are asking for and assuming that the best response is to leave it to the government. You are paying lip service to the need for change. Indeed, leaving it to those who are stomping on the people who pay their salaries.

Yet, you are consistent. Government is good, perhaps occasionally wrong, but correctable very easily.

And you consistently assume the TSA has done something wrong every time someone posts a TSA story. So what's the difference? For instance, in the other thread not one bit of evidence was produced to show that that old lady was strip searched, which WOULD be over board, yet you happily jumped on board with those who were eager to accuse the TSA of doing so.

I liken it to teachers. We hear on average around 10 complaints a month about our teachers. We act on maybe 2 of those. Now should those other 8 complainants run to the media and smear those teachers? What would be the difference?

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 04:56 PM
And you consistently assume the TSA has done something wrong every time someone posts a TSA story. So what's the difference? For instance, in the other thread not one bit of evidence was produced to show that that old lady was strip searched, which WOULD be over board, yet you happily jumped on board with those who were eager to accuse the TSA of doing so.

I liken it to teachers. We hear on average around 10 complaints a month about our teachers. We act on maybe 2 of those. Now should those other 8 complainants run to the media and smear those teachers? What would be the difference?

Skip the teacher or cop analogies regarding federal department, ok? If there were but a handful of complaints regarding the TSA, even a few hundred, I might agree. However, that isn't the case. Indeed, your own posts to demonize a handicapped elderly woman, speaks more than volumes.

The government entities are for limiting freedoms, and dissent of the people. Those that speak against the efforts will be demonized and silenced.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Skip the teacher or cop analogies regarding federal department, ok? If there were but a handful of complaints regarding the TSA, even a few hundred, I might agree. However, that isn't the case. Indeed, your own posts to demonize a handicapped elderly woman, speaks more than volumes.

The government entities are for limiting freedoms, and dissent of the people. Those that speak against the efforts will be demonized and silenced.

Really? Show me all these complaints. Hundreds of thousands of people fly everyday. What percentage of them have a legitimate problem with the TSA?

And my analogies are 100% spot on. State or federal , it matters not the procedure for handling complaints is the same.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Really? Show me all these complaints. Hundreds of thousands of people fly everyday. What percentage of them have a legitimate problem with the TSA?

And my analogies are 100% spot on. State or federal , it matters not the procedure for handling complaints is the same.

There's the problem in a nutshell. Most do not complain. You demonize the few that do, even though they illuminate the problems.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:12 PM
There's the problem in a nutshell. Most do not complain. You demonize the few that do, even though they illuminate the problems.

Oh I see, you just ASSUME that many are being abused by the TSA but won't speak out LOL Yeah you don't have an agenda here.

How would you feel if someone said "hey teachers should all be done away with, because there are people being abused by them who just aren't complaining?"

Good grief.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Oh I see, you just ASSUME that many are being abused by the TSA but won't speak out LOL Yeah you don't have an agenda here.

How would you feel if someone said "hey teachers should all be done away with, because there are people being abused by them who just aren't complaining?"

Good grief.

You win, I lose. Case closed. Feel better now?

Shadow
12-26-2011, 05:26 PM

I disagree. The elderly lady who told her story that you like to bring up as whiny bitch #1... prompted two other elderly ladies to come forward. Told similar stories of abuse about agents at the same airport. They may not have reported this,had they not known others had gone through the same harrassment (now it's on record). I think it is very worth while to make concerns known. Like the woman said...it's not about the "cupcake"...it's about the TSA breaking their own rules, over reaching and strong arming the public.

Shadow
12-26-2011, 05:30 PM

There are enough complaints about the TSA to prompt a bill to be brought to congress. Stop acting like these complaints are totally unheard of,and that none of them are legitimate. :rolleyes:

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:35 PM
There are enough complaints about the TSA to prompt a bill to be brought to congress. Stop acting like these complaints are totally unheard of,and that none of them are legitimate. :rolleyes:

Kath Jr, you know damn well I never said NONE of the complaints are legitimate. Just the two examples you posted. :laugh2:

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:36 PM

Yes I'm quite sure Nancy Pelosi read the story about the horrendous stealing of a cupcake and said "holy shit, we gotta pass a bill to fix this"

:laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Kath Jr, you know damn well I never said NONE of the complaints are legitimate. Just the two examples you posted. :laugh2:

Remember this. You dissed her and myself. You are a mean person. If your wife is as nice as you say, she was screwed when marrying you.

Shadow
12-26-2011, 05:42 PM

Well...cupcakes are serious business...they sure got your knickers in a knot. :laugh2:

I posted this article specifically to show how stupid the TSA is. So... they really now think that the icing on a cupcake is a huge explosive risk?? Really?? How lame is that? :laugh::laugh:

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Remember this. You dissed her and myself. You are a mean person. If your wife is as nice as you say, she was screwed when marrying you.

I didn't diss anyone. Just a reference that she's taking the same stance as you on this topic.

And I won't even comment any further on it, else I'd get into the whole why do you pck and choose who you choose to call mean for "name calling" on here Kath?

But I already know the answer, so it's pointless.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Well...cupcakes are serious business...they sure got your knickers in a knot. :laugh2:

I posted this article specifically to show how stupid the TSA is. So... they really now think that the icing on a cupcake is a huge explosive risk?? Really?? How lame is that? :laugh::laugh:

Do you realize just how little explosives it takes to blow a hole in a plane? Certainly less than could be hidden in a cupcake.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I didn't diss anyone. Just a reference that she's taking the same stance as you on this topic.

And I won't even comment any further on it, else I'd get into the whole why do you pck and choose who you choose to call mean for "name calling" on here Kath?

But I already know the answer, so it's pointless.

future reference. My friends may abbreviate my name, but not those that aren't friends. You aren't. Indeed, from every position, you've wished me ill. So, when I'm gone, I just want you to be clear, you never were a friend.

Shadow
12-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Do you realize just how little explosives it takes to blow a hole in a plane? Certainly less than could be hidden in a cupcake.

Must be why pies and cakes are allowed in carry on luggage then. Just not in this case because they looked TOO delicious...so, they obviously MUST be a security risk. PALEESE. :rolleyes:

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
future reference. My friends may abbreviate my name, but not those that aren't friends. You aren't. Indeed, from every position, you've wished me ill. So, when I'm gone, I just want you to be clear, you never were a friend.

I'll abbreviate your name however I choose. Have you ever seen me object to you using CH? What a ridiculous thing to complain about. So sorry I'm not your friend. but I know that I've never done anything to try to insult you so that's your choice.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Must be why pies and cakes are allowed in carry on luggage then. Just not in this case because they looked TOO delicious...so, they obviously MUST be a security risk. PALEESE. :rolleyes:

That is why it says they may be subject to further scanning. I would THINK that if a person walked through the sniffer with the cupcake in hand that would be good enough, but I'm not positive about that one.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 05:56 PM
I'll abbreviate your name however I choose. Have you ever seen me object to you using CH? What a ridiculous thing to complain about. So sorry I'm not your friend. but I know that I've never done anything to try to insult you so that's your choice.
Remember, I will. Your desire is about to be granted.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 05:58 PM

Now I don't even know what you are talking about.......

Seriously, I'm sorry you have taken things so personal. If I thought I had done something to you I would apologize for it.

gabosaurus
12-26-2011, 05:59 PM
How do we know that there wasn't a bomb hidden in the cupcake?
And if it was a Christmas cupcake, the screener was probably a liberal bitch who hates Jesus. :cool:

ConHog
12-26-2011, 06:03 PM
How do we know that there wasn't a bomb hidden in the cupcake?
And if it was a Christmas cupcake, the screener was probably a liberal bitch who hates Jesus. :cool:

How DARE you make fun of a woman losing her cupcake. I HATE YOU FOREVER!!!!:laugh2:

Shadow
12-26-2011, 06:09 PM
How DARE you make fun of a woman losing her cupcake. I HATE YOU FOREVER!!!!:laugh2:

And you said the TSA agent didn't have an agenda...liar.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 06:10 PM

At some point you may well regret it.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 06:14 PM
At some point you may well regret it.

I'm sorry, I really have NO idea why you are talking about.

gabosaurus
12-26-2011, 06:15 PM
If the screener had called the woman a cupcake instead of merely confiscating it, TSA would REALLY be in trouble!

"Listen here cupcake, you turn over that confection or the frosting is going to hit the fan."

ConHog
12-26-2011, 06:19 PM
If the screener had called the woman a cupcake instead of merely confiscating it, TSA would REALLY be in trouble!

"Listen here cupcake, you turn over that confection or the frosting is going to hit the fan."

This is NOT a laughing matter. :laugh2:

Shadow
12-26-2011, 06:22 PM

Right that damn cupcake could have blown up the whole plane. Good thing the TSA is here to keep us safe.

gabosaurus
12-26-2011, 06:22 PM

It's a laughing matter if I say it is!!

Now quit arguing with Kathianne and apologize for thinking she is a cupcake.

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Right that damn cupcake could have blown up the whole plane. Good thing the TSA is here to keep us safe.

Indeed. Today a cupcake, tomorrow a pie. In any case, all threaten our domestic security. Damn those that question the cupcake!

ConHog
12-26-2011, 06:27 PM

Actually a cupcake could hold enough explosive to EASILY damage the structural integrity of a plane, OR enough to blow the cockpit doors open.

They have to be checked, that's obvious.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 07:20 PM

I still don't know what my desire is.....

Kathianne
12-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I still don't know what my desire is.....

I do. Right now, having a great meal. I'm tired, not with you, just life.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 07:55 PM
I do. Right now, having a great meal. I'm tired, not with you, just life.

I'm very sorry you're tired of life. Please don't do anything drastic. My desire surely isn't for you to do anything of the sort.

Call a hotline or something, please.

revelarts
12-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Actually a cupcake could hold enough explosive to EASILY damage the structural integrity of a plane, OR enough to blow the cockpit doors open.

They have to be checked, that's obvious.
:rolleyes: Unbelievable.

But He's Right
They even have the recipes on the internet, FBI and Police State Charlie are on job.
"Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes" Deadly
http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/03/14/irish-car-bomb-cupcakes/

ConHog
12-26-2011, 10:02 PM
:rolleyes: Unbelievable.

But He's Right
They even have the recipes on the internet, FBI and Police State Charlie are on job.
"Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes" Deadly
http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/03/14/irish-car-bomb-cupcakes/

It's a sad state of affairs when we have to be suspicious of cupcakes isn't it? But the reality, we just can't be too careful. The Muslim mindset is to plan for a student to give this cupcake to the teacher planning that she will be on a plane eventually. It's then a simple matter of tying the detonator to an altimeter then when the plane reaches a certain height. BOOM.

pegwinn
12-26-2011, 10:26 PM
...This lady ran right to the media claiming that her civil rights were violated. There was ABSOLUTELY no civil rights violation here. ...

Actually he violated her ninth amendment right to not be fucked with by power happy idiots with a badge and a gun. With all the high tech cash money spent on airport security even the most brain dead jerry springer fan should have simply run the item through a scanner.

Hell, I passed thru the Denver TSA with a cup of coffee. The eagle eyed agent asked me to remove the lid. He stared at the coffee with whipped cream and chocolate on top. He looked me in the eye and said, "Sir, I need to see you actually drink enough of that coffee to lower the visible level.". I drank. I almost laughed and spit the potential security risk all over the place. But, I swallowed my pride (and the coffee) and complied.

I am traumatized though. Not sure if I can drink another Mocha from Starbucks in the vicinity of an Airport.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Actually he violated her ninth amendment right to not be fucked with by power happy idiots with a badge and a gun. With all the high tech cash money spent on airport security even the most brain dead jerry springer fan should have simply run the item through a scanner.

Hell, I passed thru the Denver TSA with a cup of coffee. The eagle eyed agent asked me to remove the lid. He stared at the coffee with whipped cream and chocolate on top. He looked me in the eye and said, "Sir, I need to see you actually drink enough of that coffee to lower the visible level.". I drank. I almost laughed and spit the potential security risk all over the place. But, I swallowed my pride (and the coffee) and complied.

I am traumatized though. Not sure if I can drink another Mocha from Starbucks in the vicinity of an Airport.

He didn't violate shit.

Your reaction to your encounter in Denver is exactly what I would expect from any sane person. a hearty "LOLWUT" and move on.

PS Isn't the Starbucks inside the security checkpoints at Denver and thus already screened?

pegwinn
12-26-2011, 10:59 PM
He didn't violate shit.

Your reaction to your encounter in Denver is exactly what I would expect from any sane person. a hearty "LOLWUT" and move on.

PS Isn't the Starbucks inside the security checkpoints at Denver and thus already screened?

He is a public servant. Thus his authority over the public is limited. Intimidation by any means without probable cause is a violation of her rights not to be fucked with. The difference between her and I, is that I will not tolerate being fucked with. The difference between her guy and the guy I encountered is that my guy did his job of making sure I wasn't carrying a prohibited liquid and he did so in a way that wasn't intended to see who was tougher or had a bigger dick. My guy was a lot more professional I think.

I think I saw a Starbucks after security. But, I bought mine on the way to the airport. Once past security my plane was boarding and so we had to shag ass.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 11:08 PM
He is a public servant. Thus his authority over the public is limited. Intimidation by any means without probable cause is a violation of her rights not to be fucked with. The difference between her and I, is that I will not tolerate being fucked with. The difference between her guy and the guy I encountered is that my guy did his job of making sure I wasn't carrying a prohibited liquid and he did so in a way that wasn't intended to see who was tougher or had a bigger dick. My guy was a lot more professional I think.

I think I saw a Starbucks after security. But, I bought mine on the way to the airport. Once past security my plane was boarding and so we had to shag ass.

I agree the guy was an asshole about it if he really kept her cupcakes. but you have no constitutional protection from dealing with assholes. Not even if -they are government employees.

shattered
12-26-2011, 11:10 PM

You dont actually believe all the crap he brags about here, do you? Think about it.. If his life were as he would have us believe, he wouldn't even BE here, yet he's here nonstop.

Basement dweller, if I ever saw one.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 11:13 PM
You dont actually believe all the crap he brags about here, do you? Think about it.. If his life were as he would have us believe, he wouldn't even BE here, yet he's here nonstop.

Basement dweller, if I ever saw one.

I have pretty much been relegated to my basement, but nonetheless hi Dis, you still butthurt?

shattered
12-26-2011, 11:15 PM
I have pretty much been relegated to my basement, but nonetheless hi Dis, you still butthurt?

If I change this account to Dis, that name would be appropriate. However, that is not my username on this board. Refrain from using it.

And you don't have the ability to "butt-hurt" anyone, Being a dick is not the same as having one.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 11:19 PM
If I change this account to Dis, that name would be appropriate. However, that is not my username on this board. Refrain from using it.

And you don't have the ability to "butt-hurt" anyone, Being a dick is not the same as having one.

You're butthurt Dis otherwise you wouldn't have came into this thread (and this is the third time you've done it) not to discuss the topic, but just to bash me.

Please discuss the topic or jump out of the thread so the adults can do so. Thanks.

Oh, don't bother responding Dis, b/c this is the last time I will address you.

shattered
12-26-2011, 11:26 PM
You're butthurt Dis otherwise you wouldn't have came into this thread (and this is the third time you've done it) not to discuss the topic, but just to bash me.

Please discuss the topic or jump out of the thread so the adults can do so. Thanks.

Oh, don't bother responding Dis, b/c this is the last time I will address you.

Awesome. That means we don't have to listen to your lies anymore, W00t!

LuvRPgrl
12-27-2011, 12:32 AM

most, doesnt mean all, and thats all about the money anyways, once inside they can charge you over $5 for the gum. At qualcomm, they charge $8 for a nickels worth of water.

and a govt official can talk to me alll they want, as long as they arent screaming, but I DONT have to listen or respond.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shadow again.

<!-- http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/report-40b.png --> (http://www.debatepolicy.com/report.php?p=512724) Remove Your Thanks (http://www.debatepolicy.com/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_remove_user&p=512724)
The Following

And the movie theater is bullshit, lots of them let you take stuff in, and those that dont, again, its about the money and nothing else.

LuvRPgrl
12-27-2011, 12:38 AM

talk about stupid ass whiney bitches.....
and its except,,,,not accept

LuvRPgrl
12-27-2011, 12:45 AM
The running to the media didn't precipitate teh investigation..
You dont know that. And for sure it precipitated how well it will be investigated now.

and how do you know SHE ran to the press?
and even if she did, so what?
If the press didnt think it was worthy, they wouldnt have reported it,

No doubt she filed a complaint with the TSA themselves. And as a matter of course ALL complaints filed are investigated, no matter how stupid. .
They might "say" they are all investigated, but you and I know thats pure bull

Imagine the uproar if it were found police weren't investigating complaints about themselves.and they dont
very often its just a formality and given absolutely zero serious consideration.

ConHog
12-27-2011, 09:39 AM
You dont know that. And for sure it precipitated how well it will be investigated now.

and how do you know SHE ran to the press?
and even if she did, so what?
If the press didnt think it was worthy, they wouldnt have reported it,

You're right, she probably either called them or drove. I doubt she ran

They might "say" they are all investigated, but you and I know thats pure bull

Just because every law enforcement officer accused of wrong doing isn't thrown in jail like you would to see doesn't mean the charges weren't investigated.

very often its just a formality and given absolutely zero serious consideration.

Pure conjecture on your part.

Jeff
12-27-2011, 12:34 PM
WOW !!

I have been to college football games were we never where searched and some we have, no one ever took the wife's gum from her, call me silly but I was under the impression that when entering these events ( NASCAR, theme parks, sport events ect ..) when they did look threw the wives pocket book they where looking for weapons , drugs , alcohol ect... CH I agree with ya this lady may of taken it a bit to far , but think about the Rodney King case , many times when I was young we had police do things that where clearly against our civil rights , hell one New Years I woke up in the grave yard after being beat by the police and dumped there ( I brought it on myself ) but that still doesn't give the law the right to beat ya, and yup I complained and it was filed under C.S. (chicken sh**) now if someone had videoed it and turned it over to the media it would of been a different story as the Rodney King case , what I am saying although I agree she took it to far sometimes you have to in order to get any real results .

ConHog
12-27-2011, 12:45 PM
WOW !!

I have been to college football games were we never where searched and some we have, no one ever took the wife's gum from her, call me silly but I was under the impression that when entering these events ( NASCAR, theme parks, sport events ect ..) when they did look threw the wives pocket book they where looking for weapons , drugs , alcohol ect... CH I agree with ya this lady may of taken it a bit to far , but think about the Rodney King case , many times when I was young we had police do things that where clearly against our civil rights , hell one New Years I woke up in the grave yard after being beat by the police and dumped there ( I brought it on myself ) but that still doesn't give the law the right to beat ya, and yup I complained and it was filed under C.S. (chicken sh**) now if someone had videoed it and turned it over to the media it would of been a different story as the Rodney King case , what I am saying although I agree she took it to far sometimes you have to in order to get any real results .

Absolutely true , but is blowing things out of proportion and lying about what happened any better than the police doing things wrong? What's going to happen is we as a people are eventually gonna sick of hearing stories of " I was strip searched" and people equating that with rape only to find out nothing of the sort happened and sooner or later some poor woman actually WILL be victimized and the collective reaction will be "oh here we go again."

Same thing my parents told us growing up "if you come tattling to us over every little thing how are we to differentiate when something big happens?"

jimnyc
12-27-2011, 12:48 PM
WOW !!

[off topic]

Call me what you will, all of you, but looking back on the Rodney King case I crack up. He pretty much deserved a beating, but the videotape made him a hero instead. Then the blacks proceed to trash their own towns and stores to show the rest of the country how smart and tough they are! LOL Then the infamous "Can't we all just get along?". I think he's been in jail/arrested a few times since then too.

If a white man in Oklahoma gets beat by the cops, and it's on videotape, and the coppers get off, will the white people destroy the town? Just askin!

[/off topic]

ConHog
12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
[off topic]

Call me what you will, all of you, but looking back on the Rodney King case I crack up. He pretty much deserved a beating, but the videotape made him a hero instead. Then the blacks proceed to trash their own towns and stores to show the rest of the country how smart and tough they are! LOL Then the infamous "Can't we all just get along?". I think he's been in jail/arrested a few times since then too.

If a white man in Oklahoma gets beat by the cops, and it's on videotape, and the coppers get off, will the white people destroy the town? Just askin!

[/off topic]

I never understood that either.

"you made me mad, so I'm going to tear up my own neighborhood"

brought to you by the same people as

"we won _____________ so let's celebrate by tearing up our own neighborhood"

LOL

LuvRPgrl
12-27-2011, 01:54 PM
You're right, she probably either called them or drove. I doubt she ran.
one thing we know, she didnt fly.
But you still havent shown proof SHE went to the media

Just because every law enforcement officer accused of wrong doing isn't thrown in jail like you would to see doesn't mean the charges weren't investigated..
Doesnt mean they werent either. You got logic backwards, as usual

Pure conjecture on your part.
Sorry, I know it for a fact. I went to high school with the watch commander in Torrance.

As for her overreacting, its the media that is blowing it up, but to me, its not out of proportion.
People are saying "whats the big deal"? EXACTLY,what the big deal, why would the TSA fear a cupcake. What it shows is a lack of common sense. Like my parents told us when we were growing up, if you pay too much attention to the insignificant things, you will miss the important ones.

DID your parents really say "differentiate" to you as a kid? I doubt it.

Such a weak reply of yours above.
I guess you are either A. giving up
B. running like a coward,
C. know you are wrong but cant admit it.

S

ConHog
12-27-2011, 02:40 PM
one thing we know, she didnt fly.

Really? I thought she DID in fact fly sans cupcake

But you still havent shown proof SHE went to the media

Doesnt mean they werent either. You got logic backwards, as usual

'
So what then, someone in the media had a premonition and called her? :laugh2:

Sorry, I know it for a fact. I went to high school with the watch commander in Torrance.

Obviously, he's the one who actually graduated.

As for her overreacting, its the media that is blowing it up, but to me, its not out of proportion.
People are saying "whats the big deal"? EXACTLY,what the big deal, why would the TSA fear a cupcake. What it shows is a lack of common sense. Like my parents told us when we were growing up, if you pay too much attention to the insignificant things, you will miss the important ones.

Yes, because it's not like someone posted a link to a site in this VERY thread for cupcake bombs. No possible danger there.

DID your parents really say "differentiate" to you as a kid? I doubt it.

Yes , in fact they did. They had high expectations for us, and taught us accordingly.

Such a weak reply of yours above.
I guess you are either A. giving up
B. running like a coward,
C. know you are wrong but cant admit it.

S

Just because YOU don't agree with an opinion doesn't make that opinion weak or nonsense.

DragonStryk72
12-27-2011, 02:48 PM

And if you don't feel like being searched, can't you leave the stadium? Can't do that at the airport anymore.

ConHog
12-27-2011, 02:58 PM
And if you don't feel like being searched, can't you leave the stadium? Can't do that at the airport anymore.

LOLWUT? TSA agents can't MAKE you stay in the airport. You can hang out outside the security areas without being searched and leave anytime you wish.

gabosaurus
12-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Absolutely true , but is blowing things out of proportion and lying about what happened any better than the police doing things wrong? What's going to happen is we as a people are eventually gonna sick of hearing stories of " I was strip searched" and people equating that with rape only to find out nothing of the sort happened and sooner or later some poor woman actually WILL be victimized and the collective reaction will be "oh here we go again."

Same thing my parents told us growing up "if you come tattling to us over every little thing how are we to differentiate when something big happens?"

Here is what bothers me about the TSA stories: That everyone who runs into what they feel is a problem has to make a big deal of it. Like Con Hog stated, we shouldn't be crying wolf about every incident, to the point where no one will care when the real wolf shows up.
I do have some sympathy for the many TSA agents who do their jobs and are unfairly lumped in with those few who don't. Many of whom merely follow orders to the letter.

Case in point: When my sister-in-law and her family flew here from Minneapolis, the screening was help up by two women who tried to pass wrapped presents through. When there were tons of signs and notices saying that nothing can be wrapped. The screeners had to call security, who ended up being screamed at (and no doubt filmed/photographed) by the women in question.
They have signs in airports for a reason. Try reading them when in doubt. :eek:

ConHog
12-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Here is what bothers me about the TSA stories: That everyone who runs into what they feel is a problem has to make a big deal of it. Like Con Hog stated, we shouldn't be crying wolf about every incident, to the point where no one will care when the real wolf shows up.
I do have some sympathy for the many TSA agents who do their jobs and are unfairly lumped in with those few who don't. Many of whom merely follow orders to the letter.

Case in point: When my sister-in-law and her family flew here from Minneapolis, the screening was help up by two women who tried to pass wrapped presents through. When there were tons of signs and notices saying that nothing can be wrapped. The screeners had to call security, who ended up being screamed at (and no doubt filmed/photographed) by the women in question.
They have signs in airports for a reason. Try reading them when in doubt. :eek:

Just like the old lady who was "raped" whoope doo they had her remove her back brace......... OMG the horror. And this crybaby, "they stole my cupcake" LOL as if............... and to top it all of the TSA is just guilty, facts be damned. Oh and it wouldn't be quite so bad if it were JUST the TSA , but oh no people feel this way about ANY law enforcement, and mostly it boils down to idiots think they should be able to do whatever they want regardless of the rules or laws. Like your example , "oh the rule is you have to check wrapped gifts? Fuck that, I'm carrying mine on, and if they don't let me I'll pitch a fit and make things miserable for everyone around me."

Frankly this is the solution I propose. An independent review of all complaints filed against the TSA. IF your claims is found to be valid, and you were abused or your rights were violated or what have you, then appropriate action will be taken. If however your claim is found to be false then you get a lifetime ban on flying. Bet people would think twice before throwing out false accusations then huh?

I'd clear up the nonsense about back room pat downs to. Here's your choice shut up and go through the scanner , be patted down in front of a video camera, OR go away. Don't want to be video taped? Then shut up and walk through the scanner, that doesn't work either? Take a fucking bus.

Sure some of the blame goes to the TSA, but some of it also goes to passengers who don't know, and don't care, what the rules are; and to passengers who just looking to cause problems. The first group are just idiots and not much we can do about them. The second group would think twice if they were barred from flying for filing a false claim.

I've flown about 200 times since 9/11 and amazingly neither myself nor anyone in my family has ever had any negative encounters with the TSA. I wonder why that is? Oh that's right, because we follow the rules and don't try to do things you're not supposed to do AKA we do the right thing, which has somehow been turned into a bad thing and now we're told we're nazi type big government suppporters because we don't make a big deal out of things that don't matter. LOL

ConHog
12-27-2011, 06:17 PM
this will be the response from now on when people whine about the TSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ5RGC40CZo

:laugh2:

fj1200
12-29-2011, 07:27 AM
I wonder why that is? Oh that's right, because I surrender to the power of the police state the government to intrude into every day life.

The TSA is dandy but, damn, the Civil Rights Act is unconstitutional. amirite? :salute:

ConHog
12-29-2011, 09:08 AM
The TSA is dandy but, damn, the Civil Rights Act is unconstitutional. amirite? :salute:

The parts that directly intrude on the Bill of Rights certainly are. And if the TSA is doing things contrary to the BoR no , that isn't fine and dandy. Your problem is you don't understand that something isn't a violation simply because you wish it to be.

Shadow
12-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Just like the old lady who was "raped" whoope doo they had her remove her back brace......... OMG the horror. And this crybaby, "they stole my cupcake" LOL as if............... and to top it all of the TSA is just guilty, facts be damned. Oh and it wouldn't be quite so bad if it were JUST the TSA , but oh no people feel this way about ANY law enforcement, and mostly it boils down to idiots think they should be able to do whatever they want regardless of the rules or laws. Like your example , "oh the rule is you have to check wrapped gifts? Fuck that, I'm carrying mine on, and if they don't let me I'll pitch a fit and make things miserable for everyone around me."

Frankly this is the solution I propose. An independent review of all complaints filed against the TSA. IF your claims is found to be valid, and you were abused or your rights were violated or what have you, then appropriate action will be taken. If however your claim is found to be false then you get a lifetime ban on flying. Bet people would think twice before throwing out false accusations then huh?

I'd clear up the nonsense about back room pat downs to. Here's your choice shut up and go through the scanner , be patted down in front of a video camera, OR go away. Don't want to be video taped? Then shut up and walk through the scanner, that doesn't work either? Take a fucking bus.

Sure some of the blame goes to the TSA, but some of it also goes to passengers who don't know, and don't care, what the rules are; and to passengers who just looking to cause problems. The first group are just idiots and not much we can do about them. The second group would think twice if they were barred from flying for filing a false claim.

I've flown about 200 times since 9/11 and amazingly neither myself nor anyone in my family has ever had any negative encounters with the TSA. I wonder why that is? Oh that's right, because we follow the rules and don't try to do things you're not supposed to do AKA we do the right thing, which has somehow been turned into a bad thing and now we're told we're nazi type big government suppporters because we don't make a big deal out of things that don't matter. LOL

Okay...I didn't read all of that snarky wall of words BUT,in the case of the cupcake...you are wrong. The lady did know the rules around bringing cakes and pies onto the plane (and it is allowed....this fact keeps seeming to escape you for some reason). She was told there was no problem at the first airport when her cupake was screened. But the second time (diff air port w/ same rules)...it was suddenly a huge exposive risk and was taken away (never mind the fact that the first plane she was on didn't blow to smithereens with said cupcake on board). She wasn't looking to cause a problem...she just wanted the TSA to follow their own stinken rules properly. I know that's too much to ask and all...but it would be nice.

ConHog
12-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Okay...I didn't read all of that snarky wall of words BUT,in the case of the cupcake...you are wrong. The lady did know the rules around bringing cakes and pies onto the plane (and it is allowed....this fact keeps seeming to escape you for some reason). She was told there was no problem at the first airport when her cupake was screened. But the second time (diff air port w/ same rules)...it was suddenly a huge exposive risk and was taken away (never mind the fact that the first plane she was on didn't blow to smithereens with said cupcake on board). She wasn't looking to cause a problem...she just wanted the TSA to follow their own stinken rules properly. I know that's too much to ask and all...but it would be nice.

Actually , it appears that by the TSA's own rules the first airport erred by not further screening the cupcake.

AND I seriously doubt this woman was aware of the rule concerning cakes and pies until after the fact.

Now, THAT being said, I was speaking more of people in general than in this one particular case anyway.

Oh, and good morning Shadow.

Shadow
12-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Actually , it appears that by the TSA's own rules the first airport erred by not further screening the cupcake.

AND I seriously doubt this woman was aware of the rule concerning cakes and pies until after the fact.

Now, THAT being said, I was speaking more of people in general than in this one particular case anyway.

Oh, and good morning Shadow.

How do you know she wasn't aware of the rules....you think she didn't ask first knowing that most food items are not allowed? And pies and cakes are allowed...so you are only assuming the first TSA agents were in the wrong in this case...they screened it and it passed the test first time around.

The "people in general" have no choice but to follow the rules...hense the attitude of the TSA... that they can subject the public to whatever they want and abuse their own rules (which leads to these complaints in the first place).

Good morning BTW.

ConHog
12-29-2011, 09:41 AM
How do you know she wasn't aware of the rules....you think she didn't ask first knowing that most food items are not allowed? And pies and cakes are allowed...so you are only assuming the first TSA agents were in the wrong in this case...they screened it and it passed the test first time around.

The "people in general" have no choice but to follow the rules...hense the the attitude of the TSA... that they can subject the public to whatever they want and abuse their own rules (which leads to these complaints in the first place).

Good morning BTW.

No Shadow, after years of being involved with people, I don't think she bothered to learn the rules. I know how people are. And once again, I didn't say I KNOW that, I said it is my OPINION. An opinion based on experience.

As for the cupcake screening. Looking at a cupcake and saying "looks delicious" is not further screening. So , by reading the story it seems like the first airport led the lady to believe that she could just carry the cupcake on without further consideration, when clearly the rules say that they may be further screened. Now IF the TSA confiscated the cupcake and didn't return it to her, I concede they went too far. But beyond an accusation we just don't know that for sure.

revelarts
12-29-2011, 10:38 AM
It's a sad state of affairs when we have to be suspicious of cupcakes isn't it? But the reality, we just can't be too careful. The Muslim mindset is to plan for a student to give this cupcake to the teacher planning that she will be on a plane eventually. It's then a simple matter of tying the detonator to an altimeter then when the plane reaches a certain height. BOOM.
no words

ConHog
12-29-2011, 12:24 PM
no words

I agree. There are no words... Just unbelievable that people even think to do things like that, but only a damn fool would ignore the reality.

pegwinn
12-29-2011, 02:24 PM
LOLWUT? TSA agents can't MAKE you stay in the airport. You can hang out outside the security areas without being searched and leave anytime you wish.

Actually if you leave the line and attempt to depart the area, someone may try to detain you. It happened to me in the DFW.

The TSA has quickly grown into that stereotype of the arrogant federal law enforcement agency. When I pointedly asked the guy who the hell he thought he was to be following me outside and to the smoking area he got fairly arrogant. He said that by causing a scene I could potentially be a problem and so I needed to cool out. It got louder and there were gestures made.

Because I am a shrinking violent and always defer to civil authority things got resolved but it took his supervisor and the airport police to assist us. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-026.gif

gabosaurus
12-29-2011, 02:34 PM
I've always believed that there are so many scenes with the TSA is because they are not adequately trained and very underpaid. But training and pay increases would cost a lot of money. Which the government doesn't have.

Why does the TSA have to grope everyone during searches? Because too many people are opposed to full body scanning. They believe screeners derive some sort of perverse pleasure from seeing an X-Ray outline of their body.

So here is the dilemma: Passengers don't want to be searched. They don't want to be screened. But they want to believe they are safe from terrorism.
So what is the solution?

pegwinn
12-29-2011, 02:46 PM
So here is the dilemma: Passengers don't want to be searched. They don't want to be screened. But they want to believe they are safe from terrorism.
So what is the solution?

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

This would be a win-win for everyone.

There would be none of this crap about racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number..."

Got this in an email. Was too funny not to pass on. Thanks for the setup Gabby.

ConHog
12-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Actually if you leave the line and attempt to depart the area, someone may try to detain you. It happened to me in the DFW.

The TSA has quickly grown into that stereotype of the arrogant federal law enforcement agency. When I pointedly asked the guy who the hell he thought he was to be following me outside and to the smoking area he got fairly arrogant. He said that by causing a scene I could potentially be a problem and so I needed to cool out. It got louder and there were gestures made.

Because I am a shrinking violent and always defer to civil authority things got resolved but it took his supervisor and the airport police to assist us. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-026.gif

Again, piss poor trained employee. I can't find ANYWHERE in TSA guidelines that says you don't have the right to leave anytime you want. That's a function of an idiot, not of a organization rum amok. If you are suggesting we don't allow idiots to work for the TSA I would suggest back to you that that would disqualify 99.9% of the population. And actually that is the problem. Most of these situations are idiots butting heads with other idiots, not realizing that the idiot with a badge will usually win.

Personally I believe all TSA agents should be required to go through federal agent training in Glynnco, Ga. but that would be expensive.

ConHog
12-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

This would be a win-win for everyone.

There would be none of this crap about racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number..."

Got this in an email. Was too funny not to pass on. Thanks for the setup Gabby.

I know you're joking , but practically speaking that's a non starter. Of course the first thing AQ would do is start planting bombs on dupes so that they unwittingly blew themselves up.

I personally would like to see K9 units in airports, but then of course you have not only the pussies at PETA complaining , but you also have people who are allergic to dogs complaining.

pegwinn
12-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Again, piss poor trained employee. I can't find ANYWHERE in TSA guidelines that says you don't have the right to leave anytime you want. That's a function of an idiot, not of a organization rum amok. If you are suggesting we don't allow idiots to work for the TSA I would suggest back to you that that would disqualify 99.9% of the population. And actually that is the problem. Most of these situations are idiots butting heads with other idiots, not realizing that the idiot with a badge will usually win.

Personally I believe all TSA agents should be required to go through federal agent training in Glynnco, Ga. but that would be expensive.

Personally, the shrinking violent thing was sarcasm on my part. I know something about training people who carry guns and agree that the TSA needs to improve. That isn't an excuse either. I don't care what the cost is. Nothing substitutes for good, hard, realistic training. And, the more authority we vest in someone, the better the training better be. There is a reason why putting Marines in the airports or along the border in a law enforcement role is a bad idea. For the same reason we would not want to place cops (even SWAT types) with an infantry platoon moving to contact.

The idiot who followed me clearly didn't understand the left and right lateral limits of his area of authority. Which was why the Airport cop got involved since an altercation was in the brewing. His supervisor actually was fairly well spoken and seemed very willing to let things calm and let bygones be bygones. Between the AP Cop and the TSA super, me and the TSA dude shook hands and agreed to chill. I had another smoke and then got back in line.

I know you're joking , but practically speaking that's a non starter. Of course the first thing AQ would do is start planting bombs on dupes so that they unwittingly blew themselves up.

I personally would like to see K9 units in airports, but then of course you have not only the pussies at PETA complaining , but you also have people who are allergic to dogs complaining.

Yeah but it was a really funny email. I like the K9 and the whiners can suck it up. Of course I am a big fan of public surveillance and profiling as a tool. So, most folks won't agree with me there.

ConHog
12-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Personally, the shrinking violent thing was sarcasm on my part. I know something about training people who carry guns and agree that the TSA needs to improve. That isn't an excuse either. I don't care what the cost is. Nothing substitutes for good, hard, realistic training. And, the more authority we vest in someone, the better the training better be. There is a reason why putting Marines in the airports or along the border in a law enforcement role is a bad idea. For the same reason we would not want to place cops (even SWAT types) with an infantry platoon moving to contact.

The idiot who followed me clearly didn't understand the left and right lateral limits of his area of authority. Which was why the Airport cop got involved since an altercation was in the brewing. His supervisor actually was fairly well spoken and seemed very willing to let things calm and let bygones be bygones. Between the AP Cop and the TSA super, me and the TSA dude shook hands and agreed to chill. I had another smoke and then got back in line.

Yeah but it was a really funny email. I like the K9 and the whiners can suck it up. Of course I am a big fan of public surveillance and profiling as a tool. So, most folks won't agree with me there.

It just amazes me that the FBI in fact has an entire section devoted to profiling , yet the TSA can't profile at all. I'm pretty cool to the idea of public surveillance.

fj1200
12-29-2011, 11:21 PM
The parts that directly intrude on the Bill of Rights certainly are. And if the TSA is doing things contrary to the BoR no , that isn't fine and dandy. Your problem is you don't understand that something isn't a violation simply because you wish it to be.

I didn't say it was a violation, I just enjoy pointing out the obvious contradictions in your own positions. Those CRA violators should just shut up and get in line.

ConHog
12-29-2011, 11:23 PM
I didn't say it was a violation, I just enjoy pointing out the obvious contradictions in your own positions. Those CRA violators should just shut up and get in line.

Contradiction? One is an intrusion on my rights, one is not. That is no contradiction.

fj1200
12-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Contradiction? One is an intrusion on my rights, one is not. That is no contradiction.

How does CRA intrude on your rights?

ConHog
12-29-2011, 11:30 PM
How does CRA intrude on your rights?

One example,

if I own a business I can't pick and choose I want to serve can I? Nope, not if they are a "protected class" , which by itself is unconstitutional. No group should be a protected class since under the law we are all supposed to be equal.

fj1200
12-29-2011, 11:45 PM
One example,

if I own a business I can't pick and choose I want to serve..

The government has a vested interest in intervening between a contractual relationship between a citizen and a private enterprise. That is your TSA argument.

logroller
12-30-2011, 03:04 AM
The government has a vested interest in intervening between a contractual relationship between a citizen and a private enterprise. That is your TSA argument.

I think its more along the lines of 'once authority is granted, it shouldn't be questioned'.
http://blogofbile.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/cartman_motivator.jpg

gabosaurus
12-30-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't understand the opposition to full body scanning. My daughter has gone through a couple of times. I even got to see the scan once. It's nothing that would thrill anyone.
You would be shocked where people try to hide things. An obese woman was arrested with heroin hidden between the folds of her massive breasts.
If they exempt kids from searches, then I guarantee that they will be used by drug cartels as carriers.

As for other airport screening problems, I have a simple solution: READ THE FREAKING SIGNS!!
It's like anything else -- if all else fails, read the instructions.

ConHog
12-30-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't understand the opposition to full body scanning. My daughter has gone through a couple of times. I even got to see the scan once. It's nothing that would thrill anyone.
You would be shocked where people try to hide things. An obese woman was arrested with heroin hidden between the folds of her massive breasts.
If they exempt kids from searches, then I guarantee that they will be used by drug cartels as carriers.

As for other airport screening problems, I have a simple solution: READ THE FREAKING SIGNS!!

Goddamit I have a right to ignore the rules, as well as the realities of life. Also dammit, I wouldn't mind the searches if they weren't done by the government. :rolleyes:

LuvRPgrl
12-30-2011, 01:13 PM

The "people in general" have no choice but to follow the rules...hense the attitude of the TSA... that they can subject the public to whatever they want and abuse their own rules (which leads to these complaints in the first place).

Good morning BTW.

The "people in general" is just a ploy so that a person can later take either side of the arguement at any point of the conversation at any given moment.
And why facts keep escaping a person, and this is not a personal attack, but is a well known and documented fact in psychology, some people just seriously tend to not let facts get in the way of their opinion, its part of a particular personality trait.

ConHog
12-30-2011, 02:33 PM
the "people in general" is just a ploy so that a person can later take either side of the arguement at any point of the conversation at any given moment.
And why facts keep escaping a person, and this is not a personal attack, but is a well known and documented fact in psychology, some people just seriously tend to not let facts get in the way of their opinion, its part of a particular personality trait.

lolwut?

gabosaurus
12-30-2011, 03:59 PM
The "people in general" is just a ploy so that a person can later take either side of the arguement at any point of the conversation at any given moment.

http://oadafac.com/oadafacimages/cat3.jpg

pegwinn
12-30-2011, 07:00 PM

Better watch out. You'll ruin your reputation if you make too much sense at one time.

gabosaurus
12-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Better watch out. You'll ruin your reputation if you make too much sense at one time.

My dad already thinks I am turning Republican. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
12-30-2011, 07:51 PM
My dad already thinks I am turning Republican. :laugh:

Yee-Haaaw!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L2Kv8xfDmr8/SyvXGc9Yn5I/AAAAAAAAB2o/debCmIQgYK0/s400/yee+haw.jpg