PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich: Hypocrite, Lying scum

gabosaurus
12-26-2011, 09:18 PM
As if we didn't know this already.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/26/politics/gingrich-divorce-file/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Leonard H. "Kip" Carter, a former close Gingrich friend, backed the contention that it was Newt Gingrich who wanted the divorce.

"He (Gingrich) said, 'You know and I know that she's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of a president,' " Carter, who now lives in South Carolina, told CNN recently, relating the conversation he had with Gingrich the day Gingrich revealed he was filing for divorce. Carter served as treasurer of Gingrich's first congressional campaigns.

ConHog
12-26-2011, 09:35 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/26/politics/gingrich-divorce-file/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

so what if he did say that ? Just because Obama managed to get elected while married to an ape, doesn't mean Newt would have won with an old ugly wife.

darin
12-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Holy cow - an out of context 'recollection' of a conversation which is impossible to prove, and another weak-minded liberal makes a decision/value judgement upon it.

:-/

Gabs, you're embarrassing yourself.

SassyLady
12-26-2011, 11:34 PM

Now Gabs is relying on quotes from "a former, close friend"? Everyone knows that "former" friends will lie about anything.

red states rule
12-27-2011, 04:45 AM
I saw the thread title and know it was by Gabby

gabosaurus
12-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Perhaps you should try reading the entire story and not just the paragraph I posted. Newt is nailed to rights. He lied about the divorce. It's in official court papers.

ConHog
12-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Perhaps you should try reading the entire story and not just the paragraph I posted. Newt is nailed to rights. He lied about the divorce. It's in official court papers.

Let's be honest here. If two people are divorcing they are also both lying. So who cares really Gab?

And surely you don't contend that Democratic politicians don't lie?

jimnyc
12-27-2011, 12:55 PM

I gotta admit, I was one of those who just read the portion you posted and moved on. But that was the part you chose to post, not everyone clicks on the links.

With that said, if he did tell the nation, for a long time, that he never filed and his wife was the one who did - and now court documents show the opposite, that's not good for Newt at all. Even if a long time ago, lying people don't tend to be 100% truthful overnight. Then again, it would just be another politician who got busted lying about his personal life. Seems to be a prerequisite in Washington.

Little-Acorn
12-27-2011, 12:56 PM
A politician lied?

Say it ain't so!

PostmodernProphet
12-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Now Gabs is relying on quotes from "a former, close friend"? Everyone knows that "former" friends will lie about anything.

well, to be fair......this former close friend also said (same source as above).....

"Newt is the smartest candidate in the field this year and he would bring an intelligence to the White House that hasn't been there in quite a while,"

ConHog
12-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I gotta admit, I was one of those who just read the portion you posted and moved on. But that was the part you chose to post, not everyone clicks on the links.

With that said, if he did tell the nation, for a long time, that he never filed and his wife was the one who did - and now court documents show the opposite, that's not good for Newt at all. Even if a long time ago, lying people don't tend to be 100% truthful overnight. Then again, it would just be another politician who got busted lying about his personal life. Seems to be a prerequisite in Washington.

An honest person wouldn't even want to be IN Washington to begin with.