PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

Jeff
12-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Man what a deal I went by Walmart this morning and they where $2.97 a gallon and they had that deal if ya used the Walmart card ya got 10 cents a gallon off , well I went to fuel up tonight and the price had jumped to $3.15 a gallon and the 10 cent deal ended now its only 3 cent off so instead of paying $2.87 a gallon I paid $3.12, man a 25 cent jump in 6 hours what a deal

And I see all the stations in the area have jumped way up

ConHog
12-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Man what a deal I went by Walmart this morning and they where $2.97 a gallon and they had that deal if ya used the Walmart card ya got 10 cents a gallon off , well I went to fuel up tonight and the price had jumped to $3.15 a gallon and the 10 cent deal ended now its only 3 cent off so instead of paying $2.87 a gallon I paid $3.12, man a 25 cent jump in 6 hours what a deal

And I see all the stations in the area have jumped way up

Our little town just had a Casey' General Store open across the street from an Exxon , huge gas wars. The first week they were open $2.50 a gallon, they are still below $2.75

Jeff
12-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Our little town just had a Casey' General Store open across the street from an Exxon , huge gas wars. The first week they were open $2.50 a gallon, they are still below $2.75

Man that's crazy, same thing was going on in Spartanburg S.C. a few months ago, every exit was advertising 3 and change a Gal. and I come up on exit 82 ( or there a bouts ) a new Q.T. had opened there and there was 3 stations off that exit all 3 where around 2.75 a gallon, but I went one exit down and they where back up to the 3 and change, seems if they can sell at that low price those high prices could come down a bit

And by the way I needed some bike parts so I rode from North G.A. to Spartanburg to get them just so I could fuel at those prices, :laugh: hell if you where a couple hundred miles closer I would be heading that way for one reason or another just to pay the low prices :laugh:

ConHog
12-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Man that's crazy, same thing was going on in Spartanburg S.C. a few months ago, every exit was advertising 3 and change a Gal. and I come up on exit 82 ( or there a bouts ) a new Q.T. had opened there and there was 3 stations off that exit all 3 where around 2.75 a gallon, but I went one exit down and they where back up to the 3 and change, seems if they can sell at that low price those high prices could come down a bit

And by the way I needed some bike parts so I rode from North G.A. to Spartanburg to get them just so I could fuel at those prices, :laugh: hell if you where a couple hundred miles closer I would be heading that way for one reason or another just to pay the low prices :laugh:

Fucking sad when we're all gaga over $2.50 gas. Fuck.......

Jeff
12-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Fucking sad when we're all gaga over $2.50 gas. Fuck.......

Man you said a mouth full, I have watched for years gas goes up 50 cents drop a dime and everyone is happy , this time no telling how high it will go but just as always when it tops off at $5 then drops to $4.75 ppl will be happy

ConHog
12-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Man you said a mouth full, I have watched for years gas goes up 50 cents drop a dime and everyone is happy , this time no telling how high it will go but just as always when it tops off at $5 then drops to $4.75 ppl will be happy

yep, that shit is planned all the way. Raise prices $1 for awhile, then drop it .50 and everyone is like fuck yeah . Forgetting that gas went up .50 a gallon.

logroller
12-28-2011, 03:41 AM
yep, that shit is planned all the way. Raise prices $1 for awhile, then drop it .50 and everyone is like fuck yeah . Forgetting that gas went up .50 a gallon.

Sorta like detaining a few grandmas who can't go through a body scanner, then giving them a special number to call. :poke:

fj1200
12-28-2011, 08:59 AM

That free market can be a sneaky devil.

ConHog
12-28-2011, 09:11 AM
That free market can be a sneaky devil.

Funny that you call gas who's biggest profiteer is the government a free market commodity.

ConHog
12-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Sorta like detaining a few grandmas who can't go through a body scanner, then giving them a special number to call. :poke:

Apples and submarines. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Come to NY and take out a second mortgage to fill up your trucks!! It's still slightly over $4 here, and that's the best it's been in awhile. Damn 4 Runner costs me like $80-85 to fill up every time. Have yourself a big pickup truck with dual tanks and it'll probably cost ya about $200 to fill up!!

ConHog
12-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Come to NY and take out a second mortgage to fill up your trucks!! It's still slightly over $4 here, and that's the best it's been in awhile. Damn 4 Runner costs me like $80-85 to fill up every time. Have yourself a big pickup truck with dual tanks and it'll probably cost ya about $200 to fill up!!

I have a 1988 Ford F350 4x4 Dually flat bed with a 460 and a 5 speed. Dual tanks. Strictly a farm truck, gets 8 mpg no matter how you use it. I put less than 200 miles on it last year . Who can afford to drive it more?

fj1200
12-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Funny that you call gas who's biggest profiteer is the government a free market commodity.

Not surprised you missed the sarcasm. Also not surprised that you think the gas companies have that much market power.

logroller
12-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Apples and submarines. :laugh:

What is scurvy? I'll take inconsistency for a thousand.:laugh2:

logroller
12-28-2011, 01:23 PM
My truck hasn't seen two full tanks in years.

ConHog
12-28-2011, 05:25 PM
My truck hasn't seen two full tanks in years.

I don't doubt it, who wants to see a $300 bill for a fill up?

Jeff
12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
I got a 09 Dodge 1500 with the 360 Hemi in it , I fueled last night and it was right at $70 but I had a quarter of a tank, but these newer trucks have a fuel saver device in them if I am on level ground not pulling it only runs on 4 cylinders I get about 18 around town and up to 22 on the highway, not great but could be worse, but that fuel saver thing blew my mind when I read up on it

CSM
12-30-2011, 09:21 AM
About $3.25 a gallon here.