PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a story!

jimnyc
12-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Marines never cease to amaze me! "Don't worry honey, I've been shot 3 times but I have 5 fingers so I'll just plug up the holes and go get sewed up!" LOL

Marine shot three times in street robbery survives... by plugging bullet holes with his fingersA U.S. Marine officer has told the incredible story of how he survived a street robbery by plugging bullet holes in his body with his fingers.

Lieutenant Colonel Karl Trenker, 29, of Miramar, Florida, was shot three times as he confronted two men who had stolen a gold chain from him.

He said he used his battlefield training from Afghanistan and Iraq to stem blood from chest wounds by shoving his finger into the gaping wound.

’I knew I was shot,’ he said. ‘I just didn't know I was shot that many times.’

‘I put my fingers in the holes to stop the bleeding and ran back to the truck and told my kids I had been shot, but not to worry.’

Lt Colonel Trenker added: ‘I go to Iraq and Afghanistan multiple times, and I haven't been shot or blown up, and I'm here at home in Florida.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079107/Marine-Karl-Trenker-shot-Craigslist-sale-turned-heist-plugged-holes-fingers-told-kids-hed-fine.html#ixzz1hn5Nt1aE

jimnyc
12-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Here's a more "local" version of the same great story:

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-marine-veteran-shot-craigslist-robbery-used-fingers-172856828.html

CSM
12-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Sooner or later, the punk thugs are going to figure out that they probably should not mess with the guy sporting a high and tight with a physique that says "I'm in better physical shape than you will ever be!" I saw a picture of this Marine this morning and all I could think was "What the heck did that punk think he was doing pulling a gun on this "victim"?"

Gunny
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Sooner or later, the punk thugs are going to figure out that they probably should not mess with the guy sporting a high and tight with a physique that says "I'm in better physical shape than you will ever be!" I saw a picture of this Marine this morning and all I could think was "What the heck did that punk think he was doing pulling a gun on this "victim"?"

One would think.

I watch some of these video vignette reality programs where they show different things, but a LOT of convenience store robbery videos. Well, one has this thug walk in and shove an old man out of the way and stick a gun in the cashier's face. This old guy proceeds to whoop the snot out of this punk. Disarms him, beats him down and runs him off. Some old, "harmless" Marine Vietnam vet.:laugh:

gabosaurus
12-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Same sort of thing happened here. A would-be robber goes into a store and puts a gun in the clerk's face. The clerk grabs the gun out of his hand and then knocks the thief out with one punch. Clerk was a former marine.

CSM
12-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Same sort of thing happened here. A would-be robber goes into a store and puts a gun in the clerk's face. The clerk grabs the gun out of his hand and then knocks the thief out with one punch. Clerk was a former marine.

The problem with that is that the clerk probably got fired. Heard a similar story just today where the clerk takes out the bad guy and is promptly fired buy the store. I just don't get that at all.

fj1200
12-30-2011, 01:53 PM
The problem with that is that the clerk probably got fired. Heard a similar story just today where the clerk takes out the bad guy and is promptly fired buy the store. I just don't get that at all.

The store probably forbids taking action against robbers. Insurance reasons likely.

ConHog
12-30-2011, 02:51 PM
The store probably forbids taking action against robbers. Insurance reasons likely.

Yeah, seeings as how a guy can break into your house and sue you if he falls and breaks something it isn't hard to understand why a business won't expose themselves to the liability of allowing their employees to fight off criminals.

I have a friend who works security at Wal Mart and he was telling me , quite some time back, that WM policy doesn't even allow them to follow shoplifters outside of the store and into the parking lot. Just call the cops.