PDA

View Full Version : Kids New Year's Eve celebration

gabosaurus
12-30-2011, 10:34 AM
One of the moms in my daughter's fifth grade class came up with a brilliant way for both kids and adults to celebrate New Year's Eve.
She has invited any kid that wants to come (about 20 have accepted at last count) to her home for NYE. She will be decorating and have lots of party favors and snacks and such. They will have the Times Square Celebration (9 p.m. here) on big screen. After they celebrate that midnight, the TV goes off and the kids have a slumber party.
That frees the parents to party on their own.
Of course, this probably wouldn't work outside the Pacific Time Zone. Unless you have older kids.

jimnyc
12-30-2011, 10:36 AM
I think that's a great idea to get the kids involved, but as you state, wouldn't work too well here on the East Coast. Can you guys drop the ball at 6pm so I can have my son watch it here at 9pm? LOL

I hate the time differences. It must be weird to be out there and have the NFL games on TV starting at 10am.

gabosaurus
12-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I hate the time differences. It must be weird to be out there and have the NFL games on TV starting at 10am.

You have no freaking idea!! When the Dodgers play on the East Coast, I can never watch. Since I don't get home until about 4:30, then have to fix dinner and such. Football is the same way since we don't get home from church and lunch until the first game of the day is over.

PostmodernProphet
01-03-2012, 07:49 AM
use the you tube video of the Sydney fireworks........

Noir
01-03-2012, 08:10 AM

Never mind that, do ya know what it's like when NHL games only start at Midnight and the last one may not finish until 6am!
Blasted timezones.