PDA

View Full Version : How to Overcome Your Ego in a Relationship - 3 Ways to Put Your Partner First

Shadow
12-31-2011, 12:15 AM
Recognize your issue

The first thing to do is to actually recognize that this is an issue. Putting your partner ahead of yourself is vital for a prosperous relationship, so to put your ego to one side can only help the relationship. Recognize the times when your pride can get in the way of doing what is best for your relationship and think about how you can reverse your attitude to one which benefits the relationship.

Want the best

Of course you can't do this unless you want the best for your relationship. Do you really want it to be in a strong and healthy relationship? Then any selfish desires or self interest needs need to be 'nipped in the bud'. To want the best for your relationship means to put it ahead of anything else.

Live for the relationship

Whether it may be a promotion that may take you out of town and give you less time with your partner, or maybe a social thing like spending less time with the guys at the bar, putting your partner first is quite a self sacrifice and a real test for the ego. But the thing is, the more we let our ego get in the way of our relationship, the less healthy the relationship becomes. Learn how to put your relationship as the number one priority in your life and change the way you live your life to attune yourself to his new way of thinking. Your relationship will prosper because of it.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3976696

I just got off the phone with a friend who can't understand what went wrong in his relationship. Why can't men understand that the key to winning a woman over is to make her feel wanted and special? Not like she is a dime a dozen and can be easily replaced. Or to even try to make her jealous.

Fellas a tip. Fawning all over other women while ignoring the one you really want is not doing you any favors. Most women I know don't want your sloppy seconds.

Does this work in the reverse or something? I think it must...survival of the fittest and all that. Men want the woman most desired by all the other men.

Anyway... interesting article I found after the fact about putting your partner first in a relationship.