PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 3 Dark Side of the Moon

DragonStryk72
12-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Wooww.... did that suck. I finally watched it the other day, and it just sucked so much across the board. So much fail.

Okay first off: How many things can possibly randomly strike Earth from the same point in space? Apparently the Fallen touched down, then there was Megatron, and finally Sentinel Prime now. And why would you keep sending more when everything that's fallen to Earth before has stopped functioning?

Two: Sam has saved the world from destruction twice, and is now an ivy league graduate, apparently. How on god's Earth is he not on the task force that specifically deals with the Transformers he has constantly been helping save the world?! Seriously, who are they looking for that has more experience at saving the world from giant transforming robots bent on global domination? This isn't exactly a broad fields with thousands of entrents, here. I understood in the first one, he was a high school student, so no chance then, and I can even understand the second one, when he went off to a good college, but now? It's just not plausible that they wouldn't have had their eye on him for recruitment.

Three: Well, we officially can't blame Megan Fox anymore. The new woman wasn't any better, and she actually really was just eye candy. Megan's character actually got into the fight, at one point hooking an injured Bumblebee to a tow truck, and driving down the street with him in tow while he's blasting Decepticons. She never questions Sam's need to get in the line of fire, because she had it herself. This one? She almost could have been left out entirely with no problem. She did only one thing that mattered, and that was plucking Megatron's ego, which let's face it, could have been done by any other cast member, especially any who have dealt with him before.

Four: The idiotic comic relief characters. Admittedly, it doesn't get worse than the ebonics speaking gangsta-bots from 2, but Bay continues to write in characters that are by and large not only completely useless, but who aren't really even all that funny. I mean, really, if you're gonna put in comic relief, they should at least cover the comedy part.

Five: Patrick Dempsey, why oh god did you think this was a good idea? He's the rival of Sam, a powerful CEO of a corporation who is handsome, and cool, and owns a whole ton of cars... and is secretly helping the Decepticons to enslave mankind. Yes, even himself. Yes, that's what is carrying this movie at this point, is that despite the Autobots wiping the mat with the Decepticons twice in a row, there's just no choice but to screw over the entirety of the human to be on the "winning team".

There's more, it just seems to keep increasing as you watch. Yeah, sure, the robot battles are cool, but that's not only it, but every single other thing in the freaking movie detracts from that.

darin
12-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Worst problem for me? Instead of just blowing up the leaning building with a blaster, the bad guys send that stupid worm thing to slowly chew through stuff - enabling enough time for the good guys to get away. Goofy.

Jess
12-31-2011, 12:45 PM
The leading chick was definitely lame.

I dunno. The effects are the best thing about them. And those are indeed, rather spectacular, IMO.

DragonStryk72
12-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Like I said, there were so many other fails, but the moments where it was Autobots vs. Decepticons were awesome, they just didn't happen enough, and the rest of the movie took away from those times. The one central idea that yanked me right out of the movie was Dempsey's character was moving to help enslave humanity since his father's time in the 1970, while Megatron was trapped in a block of ice, or was being stored in a government facility with the All-spark, but here's the thing: Why? Sure, he says he wants "another 40 years", but so far the Decepticons haven't won a single engagement against the autobots, aside from one instance of killing Optimus, and we see how well that took (I don't know, maybe if the Autobots in the treeline had gotten up off their asses).

Hell, it would have made far more sense for him to be waiting to screw over the Decepticons when they stopped paying attention, taking out the control rod or something similar as Sentinel was getting ready to start activating the Star Bridge, but no matter how bad the Decepticons were getting slaughtered, it never seemed to occur to him that the Autobots could win just like the two times before. Had this plotline been utilized back in the first movie, I would've said okay, Decepticons are sufficiently scary at that point, but never win so why would they be "the winning team"? Literally every plan they make turns to complete shit.