PDA

View Full Version : Sobriety Test

Gunny
12-31-2011, 02:14 PM
I watch these reality shows -- and I mean the real ones with actual video clips, not the BS ones that are as real as Mickey Mouse -- and they invariably show cops pulling people over and giving them sobriety tests. Some of them are ridiculous, IMO. They either ask you to do things you are unaccustomed to doing, or to recite things in a manner in which we were not taught.

So I figured it would be interesting to pose this just as a simple pass time. Try taking one sober.

1. Extend your arms straight out to the side, close your eyes, and alternatingly touch the tip of your index finger to the tip of your nose five times.

2. Extend your leg of choice out straight, 6 inches above the ground and hold it for 30 seconds.

3. Walk a straight line heel to toe, turn and walk back heel to toe.

4. Count from 53 to 3 backwards.

5. recite the alphabet, without singing, beginning with the letter E and ending with U.

See how good you do.

For me, I'd have been demanding the breathalyzer. :laugh:

4 and 5 are out.

3. my feet aren't straight and I don't walk with them heel to toe. I can walk on the 2x4 railing around our deck, but that doesn't involve heels.

1. I passed

2. I was all over the place. Even practicing martial arts for YEARS doesn't get that one over.

Bootneck
12-31-2011, 02:23 PM
I think I would need a few drinks before I could do all that!

Gaffer
12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Actually there is no field sobriety test other than the Breathalyzer. The physical tests are whatever the cop decides to make you do to determine if your sober. Some are practical, others are just stupid. Some are just so the cop can have a good laugh cause he knows the person is drunk and will try to show they're not.

Gunny
12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
I think I would need a few drinks before I could do all that!

Damn. Maybe THAT's where I went wrong.

Jess
12-31-2011, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt_qcz3mY4g

Gunny
12-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Actually there is no field sobriety test other than the Breathalyzer. The physical tests are whatever the cop decides to make you do to determine if your sober. Some are practical, others are just stupid. Some are just so the cop can have a good laugh cause he knows the person is drunk and will try to show they're not.

I just picked the ones out I see the most.

On the other hand, I've seen people hauled off without taking the breathalyzer. I think it might be one of those things that varies from state to state. I know their traffic laws do, as well as exchanging your license from one state's to another's.

Jess
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=SOJWzZHRETs