PDA

View Full Version : Junior HS pictures

jimnyc
12-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh my, I admit I was an ugly little bastard, but my fellow students in my homeroom were even uglier! A friend posted these on Facebook. I am the top left in both photos. WTF? I really don't remember all of us being this damn ugly! LOL

http://i44.tinypic.com/25sqvbm.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2cer9g8.jpg

Abbey Marie
12-31-2011, 07:18 PM
I think they look pretty average for junior high.

I probably would have had a crush on you with your cute parted long hair.
:coffee:

shattered
12-31-2011, 07:21 PM

Yep. All he's missing is the green Army jacket that was standard gear back then.

jimnyc
12-31-2011, 08:10 PM

Average? No way, that is the homeliest bunch of junior highers anywhere! Then again, it was like 1981/82 about 30 damned years ago! Although was cool to see ALL of the pictures, not just the few pages I posted. Lots of people in there I haven't even thought of since those years.

jimnyc
12-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Yep. All he's missing is the green Army jacket that was standard gear back then.

I had one of those! My favorite was the flight jacket though, and my Doc Martins! But I leaned a lot towards the geeky/dorky/smart side. I was big man on campus until I reached the 7th grade, was all downhill from there! :laugh2:

ConHog
12-31-2011, 08:12 PM
It's a combination of the hairstyles and the clothes. We all look back at pictures from back then and think what the fuck was my mom thinking letting me out of the house like that.

jimnyc
12-31-2011, 08:22 PM
It's a combination of the hairstyles and the clothes. We all look back at pictures from back then and think what the fuck was my mom thinking letting me out of the house like that.

I blame my Dad, he was a cheap bastard, we did most of my school shopping at K-mart :(

shattered
12-31-2011, 08:27 PM
I had one of those! My favorite was the flight jacket though, and my Doc Martins! But I leaned a lot towards the geeky/dorky/smart side. I was big man on campus until I reached the 7th grade, was all downhill from there! :laugh2:

I did the bandana in the shoulder strap and tied under the arm of my flight jacket. Om the days I girled it up, it was the fringed boots, black studded skirts, and way big hair. Go 80's!!

jimnyc
12-31-2011, 08:29 PM
I did the bandana in the shoulder strap and tied under the arm of my flight jacket. Om the days I girled it up, it was the fringed boots, black studded skirts, and way big hair. Go 80's!!

And what about the feather? The 80's were pretty much the end of any good music coming out, but we didn't exactly have good fashion sense!

shattered
12-31-2011, 08:33 PM
And what about the feather? The 80's were pretty much the end of any good music coming out, but we didn't exactly have good fashion sense!

Yep. Purple and black feathers. Or a single large hoop with a couple crosses on chains hanging from it as an earring.

Some days I wonder what the hell I was on. But it was fun.

jimnyc
12-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Yep. Purple and black feathers. Or a single large hoop with a couple crosses on chains hanging from it as an earring.

Some days I wonder what the hell I was on. But it was fun.

I wish I could do it again. I played things too safe in school as I was a bit too shy. Outside of school with friends I was a nutcase, and that's where I got the rep, but school was totally different. I was like Jekkyl and Hyde. I'd like to do it over again, as there's a few chicks I would hit on if I wasn't so shy, and a few guys I'd like to go back and punch in the face.

shattered
12-31-2011, 08:39 PM
I wish I could do it again. I played things too safe in school as I was a bit too shy. Outside of school with friends I was a nutcase, and that's where I got the rep, but school was totally different. I was like Jekkyl and Hyde. I'd like to do it over again, as there's a few chicks I would hit on if I wasn't so shy, and a few guys I'd like to go back and punch in the face.

If you manage to find a time machibe, count me in! Too short lived. By 17 I decided money was more important and started workin my tail off.

ConHog
12-31-2011, 09:15 PM
I blame my Dad, he was a cheap bastard, we did most of my school shopping at K-mart :(

No , it was everyone. Seriously, even expensive stuff was just YUCK.

Please don't tell me I'm the only guy on this board who owned a pair of white linen pants, a white lined sport coat, a t shirt, and some deck shoes, but no socks in the late 80s.

jimnyc
12-31-2011, 09:17 PM

Please don't tell me I'm the only guy on this board who owned a pair of white linen pants, a white lined sport coat, a t shirt, and some deck shoes, but no socks in the late 80s.

Had the white pants, and all pants being skin tight were in with the 80's. No sport coat for me. Nothing but t-shirts, and I either had dress socks or tube socks up to about my knee, mostly not matching and ripped! LOL

ConHog
12-31-2011, 09:21 PM
Had the white pants, and all pants being skin tight were in with the 80's. No sport coat for me. Nothing but t-shirts, and I either had dress socks or tube socks up to about my knee, mostly not matching and ripped! LOL

I was pure Miami Vice baby. :laugh2:

When we moved back her in 1982 from California the neighbors didn't know what to make of us. All the guys around here were wearing Wranglers and flannel shirts along with cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. Then I showed up in OP shirts White Lighting pants and Vans tennis shoes.

Five years later what I was wearing when we moved here suddenly became in style here.

Abbey Marie
01-02-2012, 03:24 PM

Miami Vice? :laugh2:

ETA: I just saw that you called it Miami Vice yourself. Great minds, lol.

Abbey Marie
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Jim, I wish I'd had clothes from K-Mart!

chloe
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Jim would have been my best friend in junior high:cool:

Abbey Marie
01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Jim would have been my best friend in junior high:cool:

Haha, Chloe, He was so cute, I would have thought about fighting you for him, but I was waaay too shy to actually do it!

chloe
01-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Haha, Chloe, He was so cute, I would have thought about fighting you for him, but I was waaay too shy to actually do it!

Im not into fighting for men, they usually ain't worth it :laugh2:

Besides, I would have been his best friend we would have just smoked pot and drank and then acted retarded and think we were really funny and cool, kinda like we already do except now I don't drink or smoke pot. :laugh: