PDA

View Full Version : What Is Being Read

Kathianne
01-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I just got a Kindle Touch, downloaded was a non-fiction download, I'm at chapter 9:

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Beasts-Terror-American-Hitlers/dp/0307408841/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325548842&sr=8-1

Compelling.

ConHog
01-02-2012, 07:03 PM
I just got a Kindle Touch, downloaded was a non-fiction download, I'm at chapter 9:

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Beasts-Terror-American-Hitlers/dp/0307408841/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325548842&sr=8-1

Compelling.

How do you like the Kindle? I'm going to buy an E reader. Trying to decide between the Kindle and the Nook. The boys both have IPads, and they're cool, but I'm not paying $600 for one for myself.

Kathianne
01-02-2012, 07:10 PM
How do you like the Kindle? I'm going to buy an E reader. Trying to decide between the Kindle and the Nook. The boys both have IPads, and they're cool, but I'm not paying $600 for one for myself.

Obviously I'm not all that familiar with, but I like it and really, really wanted it. The availability of free downloads from public library a major plus. The enormous number of titles for .99 and 1.99 also huge!

Because of arthritis holding books can cause my fingers to 'lock', while painful, the larger issue is continuing with reading. The Kindle does away with the issue, only thumb is involved in turning page or holding the 'book'. On top of that, can adjust the font size depending on light or for whatever reason.

ConHog
01-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Obviously I'm not all that familiar with, but I like it and really, really wanted it. The availability of free downloads from public library a major plus. The enormous number of titles for .99 and 1.99 also huge!

Because of arthritis holding books can cause my fingers to 'lock', while painful, the larger issue is continuing with reading. The Kindle does away with the issue, only thumb is involved in turning page or holding the 'book'. On top of that, can adjust the font size depending on light or for whatever reason.

I havent' really looked into it, but someone was telling me you get free book downloads at Barnes & Nobles with the Nook. I think it it was DMP.

Kathianne
01-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I havent' really looked into it, but someone was telling me you get free book downloads at Barnes & Nobles with the Nook. I think it it was DMP.

That could well be. I've read great things about the Nook, but will B & N be around a year from now? Dunno.

ConHog
01-02-2012, 07:19 PM
That could well be. I've read great things about the Nook, but will B & N be around a year from now? Dunno.

I tend to believe they will for a little longer anyway. Regardless, I wouldn't buy it ONLY for that perk.

pegwinn
01-02-2012, 09:00 PM

My wife has an iPad I bought when she'd quit smoking for ten years. I am patiently waiting for my laptop to crash so I can buy one for me. My iPod Touch is awesome, but I read a lot and the screen is small enough to fatigue my fingers and thumbs turning pages.

A note. My senior son-in-law has a nook and loves it. My eldest daughter (his wife) got the newest one for Christmas and took it back. She said that 15 of the 16 gigs was reserved for B&N Content only. She can't get to the android store and the offerings in the B&N store were slim.

Hipfully Kathianne will post lots of good/bad/ugly on the kindle.

I read on an iPot Tough and inside the B&N wifi I can read books on the Nook app. But, they are not there when I leave the store. Good thing I like to sit, read, coffee, repeat.

They better be. I got a B&N gift card for Christmas and I plan on getting value for the money. Seriously I think that they will be. They didn't statically sit still when eBooks finally (thank goodness) took off.