PDA

View Full Version : If you had the number 1 pick in the NFL draft.............

ConHog
01-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Would you take anyone not named Alshon Jefferson?

darin
01-03-2012, 05:49 AM
First i'd say 'who'? :) Then I'd mortgage the future on Andrew Luck.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 10:02 AM
First i'd say 'who'? :) Then I'd mortgage the future on Andrew Luck.

Luck has all the tools, no doubt. But Jeffries (and I KNOW you know who he is else you wouldn't have the number 1 pick - or actually maybe teh fact that you don't know who is he is indicitave of why your shitty team has the #1 pick LOL ) is a SPECIAL player. 6'4" 42" vertical. Soft hands. 4.2 40. He's THE prototypical wide receiver.

PostmodernProphet
01-03-2012, 01:43 PM
can I sell it for $10million and a third round pick?

jimnyc
01-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Peyton Manning is on a downward trend, health speaking. With that in mind, and Indy having the first pick, taking Luck is a no brainer in my opinion. Both Minnesota and St. Louis are up there, but they both already have young QB's in the making.

While centers and other linemen have been known to be anchors of a good team - nothing beats a career QB running your team, being a leader. I see all of the qualities in Andrew Luck and would grab him as quick as I could!

ConHog
01-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Peyton Manning is on a downward trend, health speaking. With that in mind, and Indy having the first pick, taking Luck is a no brainer in my opinion. Both Minnesota and St. Louis are up there, but they both already have young QB's in the making.

While centers and other linemen have been known to be anchors of a good team - nothing beats a career QB running your team, being a leader. I see all of the qualities in Andrew Luck and would grab him as quick as I could!

Not me, I'd trade and take RGBIII if QB were my main target. He's almost as NFL ready, better value, AND you could probably snag an extra pick out of the deal.

But I love me some Jeffries.

darin
01-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Luck has all the tools, no doubt. But Jeffries (and I KNOW you know who he is else you wouldn't have the number 1 pick - or actually maybe teh fact that you don't know who is he is indicitave of why your shitty team has the #1 pick LOL ) is a SPECIAL player. 6'4" 42" vertical. Soft hands. 4.2 40. He's THE prototypical wide receiver.

I swore I replied to this.

MY shitty team as the 11th pick, fwiw. And I'd never spend that kinda draft on a WR - MAYBE if we have a guy with Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald ability. Rolled into ONE.

If I had the 1st pick and wnated Jeffries, I'd trade down to number 15 and re-coup another draft pick. As-is, however, QB is a much-better proposition. :)

gabosaurus
01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
As I understand it, an NFL team is only as good as its quarterback. Having a great receiver is only good if you have a QB to deliver the ball to him.
Haven't NFL scouts determined that Andrew Luck is one of the best QBs to enter the draft in several years?

ConHog
01-03-2012, 03:13 PM
As I understand it, an NFL team is only as good as its quarterback. Having a great receiver is only good if you have a QB to deliver the ball to him.
Haven't NFL scouts determined that Andrew Luck is one of the best QBs to enter the draft in several years?

A team like the Colts, absolutely they MUST take Luck. he's perfect for their system and much as I love Peyton Manning, he's getting close to done, if not actually done.

Yes, most scouts seem to think he's as can't miss as they come.

Any team not named the Colts, I'd trade the number one pick and either take RGBIII if I needed a QB or Jeffries.