PDA

View Full Version : Capital One aka Referee Bowl

Gunny
01-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I have NEVER seen a college bowl game so over-officiated. Did the NCAA run short on officials and have to borrow some of the NFL's primadonnas or what?

ConHog
01-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I have NEVER seen a college bowl game so over-officiated. Did the NCAA run short on officials and have to borrow some of the NFL's primadonnas or what?

Shit, come on over and watch some SEC games if you want to see some truly shitty officiating. I have often wondered how the best football conference in America can have such junior high officiating.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Shit, come on over and watch some SEC games if you want to see some truly shitty officiating. I have often wondered how the best football conference in America can have such junior high officiating.

I lived in the SEC for years. There wasn't anything on last night so I put on the Capital One Bowl. I don't even remember who was playing. The referee's basically controlled the game until I turned it off. First time I've eve seen that much over-officiating in a bowl game.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:12 PM
I lived in the SEC for years. There wasn't anything on last night so I put on the Capital One Bowl. I don't even remember who was playing. The referee's basically controlled the game until I turned it off. First time I've eve seen that much over-officiating in a bowl game.

I haven't looked, but I would bet it was an SEC crew.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I haven't looked, but I would bet it was an SEC crew.

It was SC v Nebraska in Orlando. Go figure.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 09:03 PM
It was SC v Nebraska in Orlando. Go figure.

Did some reading. It was a Big East crew.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Did some reading. It was a Big East crew.

Figured it was NFL the way the controlled the game.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Figured it was NFL the way the controlled the game.

Can't blame the officials. Being from the Big East, they were confused when they seen REAL football being played. :laugh2:

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Can't blame the officials. Being from the Big East, they were confused when they seen REAL football being played. :laugh2:

Sure I can. SC won that game by about 6 points when they should have won by 20.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Sure I can. SC won that game by about 6 points when they should have won by 20.

I did watch a little of that game. Did you see that AMAZING play by Alshon Jeffries to end the first half?

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:17 PM
I did watch a little of that game. Did you see that AMAZING play by Alshon Jeffries to end the first half?

Wasn't that yesterday?:dunno:

ConHog
01-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Wasn't that yesterday?:dunno:

Yes, Capital One Bowl, South Car vs Nebraska.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Yes, Capital One Bowl, South Car vs Nebraska.

Which means I suffer from DRS.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Which means I suffer from DRS.

Nah, just means that with 75 bowl games played over a 2 month time period it's sometimes easy to lose track of what is what.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Nah, just means that with 75 bowl games played over a 2 month time period it's sometimes easy to lose track of what is what.

I remember when I was kid fondly. Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sun Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl. Kind of ended there, give or take a few.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I remember when I was kid fondly. Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sun Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl. Kind of ended there, give or take a few.

I was just talking about that with my dad earlier. I remember when I was a kid, we got up early and watched the parade together, they we'd sit around all day long on New Years watching the bowl games, and then football season was over.

Actually, when I was a young child, my dad worked for automotive shop in Pasadena, CA. They had a huge parking lot and a huge flat roof, and hosted a big party for employees and their families and we got to watch the Rose Bowl Parade from 50' away, THEN we went home and watched football all day long.

Gunny
01-04-2012, 09:01 AM
I was just talking about that with my dad earlier. I remember when I was a kid, we got up early and watched the parade together, they we'd sit around all day long on New Years watching the bowl games, and then football season was over.

Actually, when I was a young child, my dad worked for automotive shop in Pasadena, CA. They had a huge parking lot and a huge flat roof, and hosted a big party for employees and their families and we got to watch the Rose Bowl Parade from 50' away, THEN we went home and watched football all day long.

Did ANY team not make a bowl this year?

I liked bolw games pre-BCS, and pre-sponsor's names in front of the name of the bowl. THAT is some corporate greed.

ConHog
01-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Did ANY team not make a bowl this year?

I liked bolw games pre-BCS, and pre-sponsor's names in front of the name of the bowl. THAT is some corporate greed.

Hell no, two teams actually had to get waivers to play in a bowl game with two of their 6 wins coming against Div II teams because there weren't enough teams eligible otherwise.

And no shit, remember when the Sugar Bowl was the Sugar Bowl, not the "we sold our souls to All State Sugar Bowl."

Gunny
01-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Hell no, two teams actually had to get waivers to play in a bowl game with two of their 6 wins coming against Div II teams because there weren't enough teams eligible otherwise.

And no shit, remember when the Sugar Bowl was the Sugar Bowl, not the "we sold our souls to All State Sugar Bowl."

Or the FedEx Orange Bowl, and I don't remember who the Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sun Bowl et al sold out to. Last I saw, only the Rose Bowl didn't have a sponsor's name in front of it.

ConHog
01-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Or the FedEx Orange Bowl, and I don't remember who the Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sun Bowl et al sold out to. Last I saw, only the Rose Bowl didn't have a sponsor's name in front of it.

They are the Rose Bowl by Citi... Still a sponsorship.

Gunny
01-04-2012, 10:23 AM
They are the Rose Bowl by Citi... Still a sponsorship.

Guess they finally caved too then. They were the lone holdout for awhile. Wonder how long before "Citi" is in front of "Rose Bowl" ....

ConHog
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Guess they finally caved too then. They were the lone holdout for awhile. Wonder how long before "Citi" is in front of "Rose Bowl" ....

To be fair, they have to do something to be able to pay the teams. The BCS bowls pay $15M per team. That is crazy.