PDA

View Full Version : Okay

Gunny
01-03-2012, 08:03 PM
this lifting steel weights when it's 11 degrees out in the garage is over-rated. Been awhile since I had to wear longjohns under my sweats and insulated gloves just to lift weights.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
this lifting steel weights when it's 11 degrees out in the garage is over-rated. Been awhile since I had to wear longjohns under my sweats and insulated gloves just to lift weights.

Just have Jess stand on your back while you do pushups in the warm house.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Just have Jess stand on your back while you do pushups in the warm house.

I'd need more weight.

Jess
01-03-2012, 08:10 PM

And just wait til next week. I'll have to hang out there, whispering sweet nothings in your ear to keep you het up. :batteyes:

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
I'd need more weight.

You would have more weight, since you're also lifting your own body weight.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
You would have more weight, since you're also lifting your own body weight.

I'm aware of the dynamics. She doesn't weigh enough.

But you COULD explain how I can do 185 lb clean-n-press's in a cramped living room with no weights.:laugh:

I think I'll just stick to the garage. It has a cement floor. This house does not. We already have an entrance to the basement and don't need a new one.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm aware of the dynamics. She doesn't weigh enough.

But you COULD explain how I can do 185 lb clean-n-press's in a cramped living room with no weights.:laugh:

I think I'll just stick to the garage. It has a cement floor. This house does not. We already have an entrance to the basement and don't need a new one.

I don't lift weights. I run, I swim, and I do pushups and situps.

Just the basics for me.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't lift weights. I run, I swim, and I do pushups and situps.

Just the basics for me.

I do all that too. When I can. However, bench press, clean-n-press, pullups, curls, reverse curls and french curls are about as basic weightlifting as you can get. I'm water survival qualified, so I can swim just a bit. I'll be running again about the time I acquire a good pair of running shoes. The ones I have aren't all that hot. I CAN however jump rope for 20-30 mins in them.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 09:49 PM
I do all that too. When I can. However, bench press, clean-n-press, pullups, curls, reverse curls and french curls are about as basic weightlifting as you can get. I'm water survival qualified, so I can swim just a bit. I'll be running again about the time I acquire a good pair of running shoes. The ones I have aren't all that hot. I CAN however jump rope for 20-30 mins in them.

I just never have enjoyed weight lifting and never got into it. Don't really like running either, but I've always been good at it.

As for running shoes. Nike ONLY for me.

pegwinn
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
You need to get one of them stoves they used to put in GP tents. What did they call them? Yukons or some such.

I flat refuse to run, pull ups (except to embarrass the junior son-in-law who left for Army Basic about two hours ago), or situps/crunchies.

I have a (no shit) total gym which will wear you out if you apply it. Add a grandkid or two and you break a sweat faster than .... well i better stop....... wimmin and ladies might read this. :laugh:

ConHog
01-03-2012, 10:27 PM
You need to get one of them stoves they used to put in GP tents. What did they call them? Yukons or some such.

I flat refuse to run, pull ups (except to embarrass the junior son-in-law who left for Army Basic about two hours ago), or situps/crunchies.

I have a (no shit) total gym which will wear you out if you apply it. Add a grandkid or two and you break a sweat faster than .... well i better stop....... wimmin and ladies might read this. :laugh:

I've been saying the BEST workout for a 40 year old man is a 26 almost 27 year old wife and a 6 year old child.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 10:29 PM

Heater? I'm not in the Navy! :laugh:

I used to run 3-5 six days a week. One bad knee and two bad ankles later .... I need GOOD shoes, and they aren't cheap. I'd run just because it's good cardio.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 10:36 PM

I used to run 3-5 six days a week. One bad knee and two bad ankles later .... I need GOOD shoes, and they aren't cheap. I'd run just because it's good cardio.

How much do you swim? When the pools open I try to get 100 laps a day (60' foot , as you know a lap he one trip both ways)

I love swimming, both as recreation and as exercise. The best part of swimming as an exercise is that it is low to no impact.

pegwinn
01-03-2012, 10:37 PM

The plant I work at is run like a ship since management is a buncha Navy Nucs. One mentioned to me that I ought to quit busting thier chops since Jarheads were a department of said navy.

"Sure are", says I, "The Mens Department".

They don't joke much anymore. Me, I been cold. I been Hot. Hot is better, which might explain why me and her are still together.....

Gawd I hated and still hate running. I'd rather hoist a pack any day, and that includes the spreadloaded shit from weapons co. Good boots (Danners IMO) make all the difference.

shattered
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
11? What're you going to do when it actually gets COLD?

Gunny
How much do you swim? When the pools open I try to get 100 laps a day (60' foot , as you know a lap he one trip both ways)

I love swimming, both as recreation and as exercise. The best part of swimming as an exercise is that it is low to no impact.

Did you miss that post? I'm WSQ. I can stay in the water forever. You can ask PEGwinn ... I went from zero to WSQ in one day. Took about 9 hours. Not that I'm too hard-headed to quit or anything .....:dunno:

pegwinn
I've been saying the BEST workout for a 40 year old man is a 26 almost 27 year old wife and a 6 year old child.

LOL. Read my sig. It has taken that long for one of us to've gotten the other trained up.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 10:43 PM
LOL. Read my sig. It has taken that long for one of us to've gotten the other trained up.

I went young so I could finish raising her to be the way I wanted. It backfired. :laugh2:

In truth, she's perfect and i wouldn't change a thing about her.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Did you miss that post? I'm WSQ. I can stay in the water forever. You can ask PEGwinn ... I went from zero to WSQ in one day. Took about 9 hours. Not that I'm too hard-headed to quit or anything .....:dunno:

I can run nearly forever to, doesn't mean I DO. That's what I was asking. DO you make swimming a big part of your workout?

Gunny
01-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I can run nearly forever to, doesn't mean I DO. That's what I was asking. DO you make swimming a big part of your workout?

Used to. Don't live where that's much of an option now. Did you miss the 11 degrees part?

pegwinn
01-03-2012, 10:46 PM

Sheesh. I'm just an S1. It means that I can drown without losing my military bearing.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Sheesh. I'm just an S1. It means that I can drown without losing my military bearing.

Military bearing is important.

pegwinn
01-03-2012, 10:50 PM

1. Move south.
2. Check the dictionary for the word snow. If it is in the book repeat step 1.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Used to. Don't live where that's much of an option now. Did you miss the 11 degrees part?

Our local community center has a heated indoor pool.

Jess
01-03-2012, 10:54 PM

And when the snow that we're gonna get melts but then it gets real muddy and you have to wait for the ground to dry a bit, soooooooooo you're looking at ... July or so. :laugh:

Gunny
01-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Our local community center has a heated indoor pool.

Our "local" community center with the heated pool is not conducive to my schedule. Besides, I DO have a heavy bag and can practice katak in the 11 degrees. If it doesn't kill me, it'll just make me more of an asshole.

shattered
01-03-2012, 10:55 PM
1. Move south.
2. Check the dictionary for the word snow. If it is in the book repeat step 1.

South is where I'm headed. Done with Wisconsin winters.

Jess
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM

Exactly! :thumb:

ConHog
01-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Our "local" community center with the heated pool is not conducive to my schedule. Besides, I DO have a heavy bag and can practice katak in the 11 degrees. If it doesn't kill me, it'll just make me more of an asshole.

Were lucky here with weather, it's very rare that I can't get out and run. Can use the pool usually from May until early October if I heat it a little at either end, but that gets expensive.

shattered
01-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Exactly! :thumb:

42 years of dealing with this crap has finally gotten to me. I'm too old for this shit. :D

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:02 PM

Improvise, adapt and overcome. Wench.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Were lucky here with weather, it's very rare that I can't get out and run. Can use the pool usually from May until early October if I heat it a little at either end, but that gets expensive.

Yhe running isn't due to the weather. The running is due to shoes. I've run in worse than this. Apparently, my good running shoes got left somewhere.

shattered
01-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Improvise, adapt and overcome. Wench.

Moving up a size to allow for extra insulation in your workout Snuggie, then?

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:07 PM
42 years of dealing with this crap has finally gotten to me. I'm too old for this shit. :D
Wait a minute!

How can you have dealt with it for 42 years when you're just 29? :unsure:

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Moving up a size to allow for extra insulation in your workout Snuggie, then?

Damned right I did. You can forget that faggot snuggie thing though. Sucks in the summer though. All my shit sags on me.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Yhe running isn't due to the weather. The running is due to shoes. I've run in worse than this. Apparently, my good running shoes got left somewhere.

I don't blame you there one bit. I would NEVER run in anything but top line shoes. I prefer the Nike AirMax + , but at $200 they aren't cheap.

shattered
01-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Wait a minute!

How can you have dealt with it for 42 years when you're just 29? :unsure:

Umm.. Err... It just feels like 42 years.. Yeah, that's it!

shattered
01-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Damned right I did. You can forget that faggot snuggie thing though. Sucks in the summer though. All my shit sags on me.

LMAO... It's been a daaaaaaamn long time since you've given me something quote-worthy for my sig line.... :D

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:15 PM
LMAO... It's been a daaaaaaamn long time since you've given me something quote-worthy for my sig line.... :D

That is a beaut, isn't it? :laugh:

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:16 PM

Yeah, be like your favorite people and quote me out of context. You're listed on E-Bay .....

shattered
01-03-2012, 11:16 PM
That is a beaut, isn't it? :laugh:

Yes... Yes, it is. :thumb:

shattered
01-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Yeah, be like your favorite people and quote me out of context. You're listed on E-Bay .....

You said it. Cupcake. Besides, you'd miss me. That's why none of those previous eBay listings worked out well.

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:21 PM
You said it. Cupcake. Besides, you'd miss me. That's why none of those previous eBay listings worked out well.
Nah - he wouldn't miss you - he's a very good shot.

Oh, you meant ... sorry, my bad. Yes, he would miss you. And no, he won't put you on E-bay because I'd have to do it for him. :cool:

shattered
01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Nah - he wouldn't miss you - he's a very good shot.

Oh, you meant ... sorry, my bad. Yes, he would miss you. And no, he won't put you on E-bay because I'd have to do it for him. :cool:

Yeah, but you'd do it for him. You're all overly nice and stuff where he's concerned when more often than not, I expect he SHOULD be in trouble.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Do I have any say in this matter?

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah, but you'd do it for him. You're all overly nice and stuff where he's concerned when more often than not, I expect he SHOULD be in trouble.

Boy, have you been misinformed. He's always in trouble. He gets one corner and Darth Zanious has the other.

shattered
01-03-2012, 11:29 PM

Absolutely! What would you like to say? (Other than I'm being sold again...)

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:30 PM

No.

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:32 PM
No.

Hmph.:grenade:

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Hmph.:grenade:

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:37 PM

My grenade would suck inside your plane.

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:41 PM
My grenade would suck inside your plane.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

ConHog
01-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Boy, have you been misinformed. He's always in trouble. He gets one corner and Darth Zanious has the other.

Please tell me Darth Zanious is a big fucking dog with an attitude worthy of a Gunny's dog.

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Please tell me Darth Zanious is a big fucking dog with an attitude worthy of a Gunny's dog.

It's the 6 yr old gelfling. But the attitude is much like Gunny - just shorter.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 11:45 PM
It's the 6 yr old gelfling. But the attitude is much like Gunny - just shorter.

Oh, a nickname then.

I was just hoping Gunny didn't have a toy poodle or something. :laugh2:

Gunny
01-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Oh, a nickname then.

Worse. I have a 6 years old with ADD and a hard head.

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:50 PM

He doesn't have ADD - he's just spirited/challenging/"an all-boy boy". He does have a hard head though.

Of course, the 8 yr old has a harder head ... maybe not harder than Gunny's head, but harder than the 6 yr old.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 11:51 PM

I have a 6 y/o with developmental issues. She's sweet and VERY smart, but not very sociable most of the time ( her half brother is the ONLY person she never rejects attention from)

I hear ya there.

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Oh, a nickname then.

A stomp dog? Nope. They are fine for others but considering the fact that we have three boys between the ages of 6 and 11 and a 25+ lb. cat that thinks he owns the place, a stomp dog would not do for us.

I've always had bigger dogs anyway - Labs, Boxers, mutts of decent size. I want people to think twice before coming onto my property.

Jess
01-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I have a 6 y/o with developmental issues. She's sweet and VERY smart, but not very sociable most of the time ( her half brother is the ONLY person she never rejects attention from)

I hear ya there.

I have a book from the library - The Challenging Child by Stanley Greenspan, M.D. If I ever read it, I'll let you know - might be something worth browsing through for you too.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 11:59 PM
A stomp dog? Nope. They are fine for others but considering the fact that we have three boys between the ages of 6 and 11 and a 25+ lb. cat that thinks he owns the place, a stomp dog would not do for us.

I've always had bigger dogs anyway - Labs, Boxers, mutts of decent size. I want people to think twice before coming onto my property.

We have a male and a female Great Dane who patrol the house. Unless she's bred, in which case we separate them, or unlesss we have pups that haven't sold yet.

I had the male for about a year before I met my wife and that fucking traitor is 100% her dog now. Aint NO ONE messing with the Messican gal while that dog is around. The female, she looks just as tough, but is much more laid back , UNLESS she has pups.

Jess
01-04-2012, 12:05 AM
We have a male and a female Great Dane who patrol the house. Unless she's bred, in which case we separate them, or unlesss we have pups that haven't sold yet.

I had the male for about a year before I met my wife and that fucking traitor is 100% her dog now. Aint NO ONE messing with the Messican gal while that dog is around. The female, she looks just as tough, but is much more laid back , UNLESS she has pups.

Heh, my client that's an ER doc has a gorgeous Dane. All black male named Kaiser. He's my buddy. I feed him, let him out when the doc has long shifts, etc. Kaiser definitely outweighs me and when he leans into me for a butt-rub, he all but knocks me over.

Love them Danes!

ConHog
01-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Heh, my client that's an ER doc has a gorgeous Dane. All black male named Kaiser. He's my buddy. I feed him, let him out when the doc has long shifts, etc. Kaiser definitely outweighs me and when he leans into me for a butt-rub, he all but knocks me over.

Love them Danes!

Max is a Blue. He weighs 168 lbs and is all muscle. Mini is a fawn and she weighs 134 lbs.

Gunny
01-04-2012, 12:18 AM
He doesn't have ADD - he's just spirited/challenging/"an all-boy boy". He does have a hard head though.

Of course, the 8 yr old has a harder head ... maybe not harder than Gunny's head, but harder than the 6 yr old.

Uh huh. ADD.

How far have those hard heads gotten them?

Jess
01-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Uh huh. ADD.

Nope.

How far have those hard heads gotten them?

Not very far when they hit yours. :laugh:

Gunny
01-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Nope.

Not very far when they hit yours. :laugh:

As you say.