PDA

View Full Version : Contraband

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Anyone else looking forward to it?

Jess
01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Yep. It looks good.

Once Mark Wahlberg dumped the Funky Bunch, he got pretty cool. Love him as an actor.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Yep. It looks good.

Once Mark Wahlberg dumped the Funky Bunch, he got pretty cool. Love him as an actor.

Shooter was fucking awesome.

There is actually an entire series of books based on the Bob Lee character, all good books. Oh, and he was from Arkansas.

Jess
01-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Shooter was fucking awesome.

There is actually an entire series of books based on the Bob Lee character, all good books. Oh, and he was from Arkansas.

Shooter was indeed, very much an excellent movie. The Big Hit is one of his that I like a lot too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120609/

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Shooter was indeed, very much an excellent movie. The Big Hit is one of his that I like a lot too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120609/

Don't know if I seen it.

Jess
01-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Don't know if I seen it.

You should check it out. Netflix or whatever. It's got lots of explosions, some comedy, angst, a kidnapping, death, destruction ... what's not to like?

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:28 PM
You should check it out. Netflix or whatever. It's got lots of explosions, some comedy, angst, a kidnapping, death, destruction ... what's not to like?

I'll have to put it in the queue.

Jess
01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I'll have to put it in the queue.

Oh, and an Asian chick in a schoolgirl uniform. :rolleyes:

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Oh, and an Asian chick in a schoolgirl uniform. :rolleyes:

I'm not into Asians. That's my brother. LOL He's married to a Chinese gal. I'm married to a Mexican.

Potluck meals our awesome at our family get togethers. :laugh2:

Jess
01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm not into Asians. That's my brother. LOL He's married to a Chinese gal. I'm married to a Mexican.

Potluck meals our awesome at our family get togethers. :laugh2:

Most guys don't care - the schoolgirl uniform is apparently what does it.

Hey, at least no one can claim your family is racist. Y'all are your own little melting pot of nations for real. :salute:

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Most guys don't care - the schoolgirl uniform is apparently what does it.

Hey, at least no one can claim your family is racist. Y'all are your own little melting pot of nations for real. :salute:

Nah, I grew up in southern california. I had black friends, korean friends, hispanic friends. Hell I didn't even think about them being different until we moved to Arkansas. For real my graduating class was 100% caucasian. Of course things have changed here since then.

Jess
01-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Nah, I grew up in southern california. I had black friends, korean friends, hispanic friends. Hell I didn't even think about them being different until we moved to Arkansas. For real my graduating class was 100% caucasian. Of course things have changed here since then.

Small, religious private school - graduated in a class of five white girls. Beat that.

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Small, religious private school - graduated in a class of five white girls. Beat that.

In the high school I graduated from they have pictures of each graduating class , going back to 1898, the high school football coach graduated from there in 1975 as Valedictorian of a class of................. ONE.

Jess
01-03-2012, 08:51 PM
In the high school I graduated from they have pictures of each graduating class , going back to 1898, the high school football coach graduated from there in 1975 as Valedictorian of a class of................. ONE.

:clap:

How bad would it suck to be the salutatorian in that class? :eek:

ConHog
01-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh, and I don't know if you remember or not, but I actually used to be accused of being a racist over that the scow all the time. :laugh:

Jess
01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh, and I don't know if you remember or not, but I actually used to be accused of being a racist over that the scow all the time. :laugh:

Meh, if it wasn't in a song thread or a social thread, I wouldn't know. Probably would have ignored it anyway. Most people crying racist don't have a clue and the people they're accusing aren't racist.

That is humorous though. :cool:

darin
01-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Love Marky Mark as an actor. Thought Shooter was silly, but like most of his other work. Will wait till Contraband comes out on DVD/BluRay however.

ConHog
01-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Love Marky Mark as an actor. Thought Shooter was silly, but like most of his other work. Will wait till Contraband comes out on DVD/BluRay however.

The whole premise of Shooter was silly, but it was still an entertaining movie.

Jess
01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Watching "The Big Hit" right now. :cool:

Gunny
01-08-2012, 07:53 AM
The whole premise of Shooter was silly, but it was still an entertaining movie.

Actually, the way he busted the bad guy in the end with the firing pin was totally cool.

ConHog
01-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Actually, the way he busted the bad guy in the end with the firing pin was totally cool.

Yes it was cool, but the notion that someone would go to that much trouble and then not check that detail seems a little silly. lol

Have you read the books based on the Bob lee character ? I think you would enjoy them.