PDA

View Full Version : Board Upgrade

jimnyc
01-04-2012, 12:57 PM
I just performed a software update for the board software to fix a few back end issues. It moved us from version 4.1.7 to 4.1.8

There should be much of a change, but sometimes copying a couple thousand files up and you get a bad copy. Please let me know if anyone runs into any issues or problems.

ConHog
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Love the new upgrades.

jimnyc
01-04-2012, 02:01 PM
The "Members who have visited today" section was a little distorted after the upgrade and missing the commas separating member names. This should be fixed now.

Abbey Marie
01-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I like how the emoticons are all on one big page.

jimnyc
01-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Ok, the usual applies. The board was just upgraded to 4.1.10, which fixed a few security issues and also a bunch of bugs with the prior version. The one a few of us talked about, the "disappearing" cursor when typing posts, has been fixed with this release.

Please let us know in this thread if something is amiss or if you have any questions.

jimnyc
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Putting this for others to see, and as a reminder to myself...

You may have noticed since the update before, that when choosing smileys, if you clicked where it said "More", it opened all of the smileys, and did so full screen. I liked that myself. I thought that had "improved" on the way it was.

Well, as you may have already noticed, it's went back to opening them in a partial screen. They say the last version with the full screen was actually a bug!! So now they have "fixed" that bug!! But I saw a bunch of people asking about it, and asking how to put it back to full screen. I might look into this. Does anyone who uses the smileys care either way?

ConHog
01-16-2012, 02:18 PM

You may have noticed since the update before, that when choosing smileys, if you clicked where it said "More", it opened all of the smileys, and did so full screen. I liked that myself. I thought that had "improved" on the way it was.

Well, as you may have already noticed, it's went back to opening them in a partial screen. They say the last version with the full screen was actually a bug!! So now they have "fixed" that bug!! But I saw a bunch of people asking about it, and asking how to put it back to full screen. I might look into this. Does anyone who uses the smileys care either way?

Simple manner of clicking on the expand button to make it a full page, I wouldn't think that is a big enough to matter to anyone. JMHO

Abbey Marie
01-16-2012, 02:26 PM

As I said above, the full screen was great.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2012, 10:04 PM
So, all of a sudden, tonight, the newest background stays showing as I use the board, instead of reverting to the old blue one as it always does.
About freakin' time!

Noir
01-31-2012, 10:21 PM
not sure if it was a board update or an iOS one, but am happy to report that the site no longer crashes when reply to topics on my iPhone (: