PDA

View Full Version : Resolutions! Five tech behaviors to drop in 2012

Shadow
01-04-2012, 11:42 PM
(CNN) -- If your New Year's resolutions have lasted this long, congratulations. You're 1/366th of the way home.
But it's not too late to throw a few more on the pile. And since half of us spend an hour or more online every day (http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2000/Tracking-Online-Life/Main-Report/Part-3.aspx), according to the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project, it's worth considering a few Web resolutions to go along with those vows to drop some pounds or put down the smokes.
Here are a few suggestions for digital behaviors you might want to resolve to drop in 2012. You can feel better about yourself while making the Web a happier place.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/02/tech/web/bad-tech-resolutions/index.html?hpt=hp_bn6

This article made me think of all the annoying clickish catch phrases online. Along with Texting lauguage. Place your other internet pet peeves here.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
My biggest internet pet peeve is when people get on a message board and attempt to run off anyone who has a differing opinion than them. HELLO? Isn't that the point of a message board?

Gunny
01-05-2012, 12:41 PM
(CNN) -- If your New Year's resolutions have lasted this long, congratulations. You're 1/366th of the way home.
But it's not too late to throw a few more on the pile. And since half of us spend an hour or more online every day (http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2000/Tracking-Online-Life/Main-Report/Part-3.aspx), according to the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project, it's worth considering a few Web resolutions to go along with those vows to drop some pounds or put down the smokes.
Here are a few suggestions for digital behaviors you might want to resolve to drop in 2012. You can feel better about yourself while making the Web a happier place.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/02/tech/web/bad-tech-resolutions/index.html?hpt=hp_bn6

This article made me think of all the annoying clickish catch phrases online. Along with Texting lauguage. Place your other internet pet peeves here.

One of my biggest is when the new guy shows up, doesn't read a thing, jumps right in, and starts threads on "Abortion", "Christians", the Iraq War, and or Rush or any other conservative radio personality sucks, not having enough brains to figure out there are countless threads on each topic ALREADY here.

Gunny
01-05-2012, 12:43 PM
My biggest internet pet peeve is when people get on a message board and attempt to run off anyone who has a differing opinion than them. HELLO? Isn't that the point of a message board?

That would be another. A mature person would instead provide facts, figures and logic which shoots down the argument they disagree with. Running someone off for personal dislike and/or disagreement is nothing but censorship. Not to mention childish.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 12:46 PM
That would be another. A mature person would instead provide facts, figures and logic which shoots down the argument they disagree with. Running someone off for personal dislike and/or disagreement is nothing but censorship. Not to mention childish.

I just never have understood it. Do people REALLY join a message board because they only want to hear opinions that mirror there own? That would bore me to death.

Gunny
01-05-2012, 12:47 PM
I just never have understood it. Do people REALLY join a message board because they only want to hear opinions that mirror there own? That would bore me to death.

I agree.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I agree.

Honestly, the worst board I've ever been on in regards to the moderators doing things like that is a Razorback fan board I post on called Hogville.net.I kid you not, they banned some members the other night for suggesting that we may lose to Kansas St. :laugh2:

And if you're a fan of another school coming to give Razorback fans any grief, you're gone. But what's amazingly funny about that is that most of their members are over causing trouble on other school's fan boards. LOL hypocrites.

Gunny
01-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Honestly, the worst board I've ever been on in regards to the moderators doing things like that is a Razorback fan board I post on called Hogville.net.I kid you not, they banned some members the other night for suggesting that we may lose to Kansas St. :laugh2:

And if you're a fan of another school coming to give Razorback fans any grief, you're gone. But what's amazingly funny about that is that most of their members are over causing trouble on other school's fan boards. LOL hypocrites.

I just don't get that anymore. What does that board do during the off-season?

The NFL went first. When I got to where I couldn't watch a game without getting wrapped around the axle, I quit watching it for the most part. Free agency and crappy, show-stealing officials helped. Matter of fact, the latter was the driving force.

The NBA was next. Same thing. Lousy officiating. I don't watch ANY sport to see the officials justify their existence.

These people that go all crazy over a school that half or more didn't even attend always crack me up. It's a game. But then, we've been likened to the Romans in many ways. This is just another.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I just don't get that anymore. What does that board do during the off-season?

The NFL went first. When I got to where I couldn't watch a game without getting wrapped around the axle, I quit watching it for the most part. Free agency and crappy, show-stealing officials helped. Matter of fact, the latter was the driving force.

The NBA was next. Same thing. Lousy officiating. I don't watch ANY sport to see the officials justify their existence.

These people that go all crazy over a school that half or more didn't even attend always crack me up. It's a game. But then, we've been likened to the Romans in many ways. This is just another.

Over the couple of years you've known me, you've seen how much I care about pro sports. Just not even enjoyable to me for the most part.