PDA

View Full Version : Random Homeland Security checkpoint

Nukeman
01-05-2012, 11:11 AM
A "random " check point set up by DHS. What the hell people. Since when are we "asked for our papers". when did this become acceptable??? I would NEVER show these jerk offs my ID for no other reason than entering a PUBLIC building.. where is the outcry??? Where????

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-officers-armed-with-semiautomatics-set-up-unannounced-id-checkpoint/

Residents of Leesburg, Florida were shocked to see their local Social Security office turned into a random Homeland Security checkpoint Tuesday morning, as DHS officers armed with semiautomatic rifles and accompanied by sniffer dogs checked identifications of locals.

“With their blue and white SUVs circled around the Main Street office, at least one official was posted on the door with a semiautomatic rifle, randomly checking identifications. And other officers, some with K-9s, sifted through the building,” reports the Daily Commercial (http://www.dailycommercial.com/News/LakeCounty/010412shield).The activity was part of Operation Shield, an unannounced drill conducted by the DHS’ Federal Protective Service centered around “detecting the presence of unauthorized persons and potentially disruptive or dangerous activities.”

Gunny
01-05-2012, 11:15 AM
A "random " check point set up by DHS. What the hell people. Since when are we "asked for our papers". when did this become acceptable??? I would NEVER show these jerk offs my ID for no other reason than entering a PUBLIC building.. where is the outcry??? Where????

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-officers-armed-with-semiautomatics-set-up-unannounced-id-checkpoint/

I wouldn't show them shit either. And I've been hit with more voltage than a taser before. They'll have to try something else.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't like this at all. This is a real example of Homeland Security over reaching.

Gunny
01-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't like this at all. This is a real example of Homeland Security over reaching.

I'm really sort of miffed about the whole thing. The left cried like babies for Bush to do something after 9/11. He created Homeland Security. They cried like babies because he was creating a "national police force". Yet they have turned into the Gestapo under O-blah-blah and not one peep out of the left. And how about those NSA wiretaps that were screech material for 6+ years? Not a peep since 2008 from the left. Or GTMO? Apparently GTMO is okay since 2008.

Yet another example that the left could care less about right or wrong just so long as they have the power. Homeland Security's gotten out of control and I'll be damned before I'll comply with and/or cooperate with anyone of them at all.

ConHog
01-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm really sort of miffed about the whole thing. The left cried like babies for Bush to do something after 9/11. He created Homeland Security. They cried like babies because he was creating a "national police force". Yet they have turned into the Gestapo under O-blah-blah and not one peep out of the left. And how about those NSA wiretaps that were screech material for 6+ years? Not a peep since 2008 from the left. Or GTMO? Apparently GTMO is okay since 2008.

Yet another example that the left could care less about right or wrong just so long as they have the power. Homeland Security's gotten out of control and I'll be damned before I'll comply with and/or cooperate with anyone of them at all.

Our county courthouse has one old deputy guarding the joint, and that's only on days when court is in session. Otherwise you can just walk right in.

Gunny
01-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Our county courthouse has one old deputy guarding the joint, and that's only on days when court is in session. Otherwise you can just walk right in.

Hah! Slacker. We have TWO cop cars here!:laugh:

Gaffer
01-05-2012, 11:55 PM
The dark lord is building his gestapo. Probably covered under one of his signing statements. Right now they're testing how quick they can mobilize. Watch what they do come summer.

Thunderknuckles
01-06-2012, 01:50 AM
The dark lord is building his gestapo. Probably covered under one of his signing statements. Right now they're testing how quick they can mobilize. Watch what they do come summer.
Dark Lord my ass. We have Bush to thank for this with the Patriot Act. I remember the debates we had on this board about how everyone had nothing to fear as long as you weren't doing anything wrong. I and a few others were vehemently against the whole idea because "the good guys would not always be in power". Think a few moves ahead on the fuggin' chessboard folks.

darin
01-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Yeah, I too would give them the mighty FU symbol and carry-on about my business. If they illegally detained me, I'd sue and I bet I'd win, or get a HEAVY unreal jail sentence as a lesson to the other citizens: Do NOT F with the Obama Administration Lead national police force.

Gunny
01-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Yeah, I too would give them the mighty FU symbol and carry-on about my business. If they illegally detained me, I'd sue and I bet I'd win, or get a HEAVY unreal jail sentence as a lesson to the other citizens: Do NOT F with the Obama Administration Lead national police force.

Herr Obama is out of control. Yet we have people like Huntsman and Paul more than willing to splinter the vote on the right for their own delusional bullshit. The priority should be getting Obama out of office. The broken promises of politicians come second to that. They never keep them anyway. I'd rather have someone doing nothing than this Nazi using the Constitution for TP.

ConHog
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Dark Lord my ass. We have Bush to thank for this with the Patriot Act. I remember the debates we had on this board about how everyone had nothing to fear as long as you weren't doing anything wrong. I and a few others were vehemently against the whole idea because "the good guys would not always be in power". Think a few moves ahead on the fuggin' chessboard folks.

Typical "you're side does bad things, my side does good things" rhetoric we see on message boards all the time.

Thunderknuckles
01-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Typical "you're side does bad things, my side does good things" rhetoric we see on message boards all the time.
Political parties have nothing to do with it. This is about the basic principle that if you give the government power, they WILL abuse it regardless of political affiliation.

ConHog
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Political parties have nothing to do with it. This is about the basic principle that if you give the government power, they WILL abuse it regardless of political affiliation.

no, I agree with you. I'm just saying that MANY want to act like its only one party or the other that does things like this.

jimnyc
01-06-2012, 12:16 PM

I was one of those that made that argument, and I still feel that if you aren't a "criminal", you have nothing to worry about - but this wasn't one of the topics of discussion back then, and I too think this is overreaching. My defense back then was about intel agencies and/or the military doing what was necessary to catch terrorists - and that if you weren't a terrorist, you had nothing to worry about. And I admit, I'm not a chess player, and didn't realize that it would change from a tool of hunting terrorists into showing up at SS offices and driving non-terrorists nuts.

I do find the silence from the left funny though. They acted as if GWB was out shooting people for the hell of it around the nation and the Patriot Act was as illegal as it gets and should be revoked ASAP. Then Obama gets in office and continues the Act, and only a handful speak out. Now it's just good 'ol fashioned police work.