PDA

View Full Version : Obama targets teens with new summer jobs program

red states rule
01-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Oh goodie, more of your tax dollars going for "jobs" that are NOT jobs at all and most do not pay anything

Will these "jobs" be like the "jobs" under Obama's stimulus plan and cost taxpayers about $250,000 each?

President Obama on Thursday will unveil a summer-jobs initiative that the White House says is already on track to create 180,000 “work opportunities” in the private sector in 2012.

That is the number of opportunities, which includes mentoring and unpaid internships, that companies have told the administration they are willing to create. Some 70,000 jobs are paid, the White House says.

The initiative was hatched after Congress failed to approve a $1.5 billion summer-jobs fund that President Obama had been seeking as part of the American Jobs Act.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/801-economy/202429-obama-to-unveil-summer-jobs-initiative

ConHog
01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh goodie, more of your tax dollars going for "jobs" that are NOT jobs at all and most do not pay anything

Will these "jobs" be like the "jobs" under Obama's stimulus plan and cost taxpayers about $250,000 each?

I don't see where this initiative is costing the taxpayers anything. Looks like private companies will be footing the bill, and that the Bill Obama wanted that WOULD have cost taxpayers money was voted down.

gabosaurus
01-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't see where this initiative is costing the taxpayers anything. Looks like private companies will be footing the bill, and that the Bill Obama wanted that WOULD have cost taxpayers money was voted down.

You should know not to venture into reality when RSR is attempting to hate on Obama.
And trying to counter his delusions with facts will just fly over his head. ;)

sundaydriver
01-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Always reminds me of Brer Rabbit & the Tar Baby... Ya just get stuck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk0u9ygrCYQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=181s

red states rule
01-07-2012, 07:22 AM

It is getting easier to see how Obama got elected. People like you CH who buy into the spin how crap like this wil not cost taxpayers anything

Obama is bypassing Congress to get this garbage bill passed since it died in Congress. The taxpayers will still foot the bill just like they would have if it passed Congress

red states rule
01-07-2012, 07:26 AM
You should know not to venture into reality when RSR is attempting to hate on Obama.
And trying to counter his delusions with facts will just fly over his head. ;)

Once again hate is defined by Gabby as actually talking about Obama's policies, the results of those poilcies, and the cost of those policies to the already overtaxed and broke taxpayers

Since you are one of the "smart people" Gabby and you live in CA, how is your state doing with tax and spend like Obama polciies? Budget balanced? 100% employment? No homless folks? Nobody losing their home to the banks?

Or is it F'd up even worse, and you are still blaming Bush for all the states problems?

ConHog
01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
It is getting easier to see how Obama got elected. People like you CH who buy into the spin how crap like this wil not cost taxpayers anything

Obama is bypassing Congress to get this garbage bill passed since it died in Congress. The taxpayers will still foot the bill just like they would have if it passed Congress

RSR show me where this initiative is costing any tax money............. I just don't see it.