PDA

View Full Version : Colombia to hand over American teen mistakenly deported

Gunny
01-06-2012, 06:19 AM
By the CNN Wire Staff

updated 6:04 AM EST, Fri January 6, 2012

(CNN) -- A Dallas teen mistakenly deported to Colombia after she ran away from home in 2010 will be handed over to U.S. diplomatic officials Friday, authorities said. Jakadrien Turner wound up deported to Colombia after U.S. authorities mistook the girl, who lacked identification, for a Colombian national.

more ... http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/06/us/texas-colombia-teen/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I see. So we can deport legal residents of the US. Just not the illegal ones.

Thunderknuckles
01-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I had a good laugh when I read that story yesterday. Chick gets arrested and tells authorities she's a columbian immigrant with no identification. Well, off you go then!
LOL

Jess
01-06-2012, 11:59 AM
I had a good laugh when I read that story yesterday. Chick gets arrested and tells authorities she's a columbian immigrant with no identification. Well, off you go then!
LOL

Not her best idea to date, one would have to say.

CSM
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Not her best idea to date, one would have to say.

Hmmm sometimes yer best thinkin jest dont get ya war ya wanna be!

Jess
01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Hmmm sometimes yer best thinkin jest dont get ya war ya wanna be!

Ain't dat da troof!

I am living proof that not thinking at all lands you in place even more worser yet. Well, in the past, anyway. Now I have the perfect man, perfect children and a perfect life.:rolleyes:

ConHog
01-06-2012, 12:08 PM
One would think that at SOME point between the original lie and being put on a plane to Columbia the little dumb shit would have said "hey I'm really from Joisey" or something.

Jess
01-06-2012, 12:11 PM
One would think that at SOME point between the original lie and being put on a plane to Columbia the little dumb shit would have said "hey I'm really from Joisey" or something.

One would think. But a lot of kids aren't taught to be logical or practical.

She was probably scared spitless too.

ConHog
01-06-2012, 12:13 PM
One would think. But a lot of kids aren't taught to be logical or practical.

It just boggles the mind not only that they didn't bother to try to verify her identity, but she herself didn't speak up when asked.

I wonder if the INS will be prosecuted for kidnapping since taking a minor out of the country without their guardian's permission is kidnapping. :laugh2:

Thunderknuckles
01-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Considering the fact they found her in Columbia partying and smokin' dope, it was probably a good move in her mind.
...and what does it say about her or her family that she will go to this length to get away from them?

Jess
01-06-2012, 12:18 PM
It just boggles the mind not only that they didn't bother to try to verify her identity, but she herself didn't speak up when asked.

I wonder if the INS will be prosecuted for kidnapping since taking a minor out of the country without their guardian's permission is kidnapping. :laugh2:

Lots of things boggle my mind but you're right about this one. Unless she told them and they didn't believe her - why would she go through that? Cheap vacation? She wants to see other countries? An adrenaline rush or a dare?

Just don't make no sense a'tall.

Jess
01-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Considering the fact they found her in Columbia partying and smokin' dope, it was probably a good move in her mind.
...and what does it say about her or her family that she will go to this length to get away from them?

Her family may suck. Or she could be spoiled, seeking attention, whatever.

But yeah, if she was partying there, it may have been a bit before she remembered who she was.