PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh - Obama is Lawless

jimnyc
01-06-2012, 12:29 PM
NO, I don't listen to fatboy. I just happened to see this link elsewhere, read it, and he said it PERFECTLY.

RUSH: All right, some people in the e-mail have taken exception with my description of Obama as "lawless" and acting outside the Constitution. Let me share with you a quote, and this is from a video. It might have been from yesterday out in Ohio, but it's within the past couple days. Obama said, "When Congress refuses to act -- and as a result, hurts our economy and puts our people at risk -- then I have an obligation as president to do what I can without them." He got applause. "I have an obligation to act on behalf of the American people. I'm not going to stand by while a minority in the Senate puts party ideology ahead of the people that we elected to serve. Not with so much at stake, not at this make-or-break moment for middle class Americans. We're not gonna let that happen."

Now, the Founding Fathers said this is exactly what's supposed to happen! It's called "the separation of powers," and it's to make sure that things like this do not happen, that an all-powerful executive does not run roughshod over the government. But President Obama has just said: Because the Congress won't do what I want them to do I'm gonna do it myself. That is extraconstitutional! That is not the way this government was set up. It was not the idea of the Founders. That's acting outside the Constitution, and there's no question about it -- and the Obama campaign is claiming he's doing all these recess appointments and things like this "to help the economy." Reuters again: "Hammering populist themes that show him to be a champion of the middle class, aides say the president will keep taking steps to show voters he'll make moves on his own to help the economy if Congress refuses to act."

If Congress "refuses to act," it is his job to sit down and talk to 'em and make 'em act and get them to vote the way he wants. He does not have -- unless they grant it to him (and they're doing it, by the way) -- the authority to run roughshod over them. But if they don't stop him, he can do it. We can't. Congress has to stand up for itself. Now, the Democrats run the Senate. I think they're happy for this to happen. Dingy Harry loves for this to happen because they're sitting there blaming it on the House Republicans who have no role in this. It's an election year, so blame the Republicans for it. Folks, it is clearly lawless. If you regard the Constitution as law, this is lawless behavior by an out-of-control, rogue executive. This is what happens in banana republics, tinhorn dictatorships. In places like Venezuela, this is what happens -- all under the guise of populism and helping the middle class.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/01/05/the_lawless_obama_regime

ConHog
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Rush is a blow hard and quite possibly insane, but he does get one right every now and then.

gabosaurus
01-06-2012, 12:53 PM
And Dubya was not lawless? :slap:

jimnyc
01-06-2012, 12:57 PM

Why do you lefties always fall back to GWB? Is it too difficult to discuss OBAMA's actions without "comparison"? Does this mean Obama can do whatever he pleases in your mind, so long as there is some sort of remotely related precedent? Your inability to say anything at all about what he has done leads me to believe you agree with his actions.

ConHog
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Why do you lefties always fall back to GWB? Is it too difficult to discuss OBAMA's actions without "comparison"? Does this mean Obama can do whatever he pleases in your mind, so long as there is some sort of remotely related precedent? Your inability to say anything at all about what he has done leads me to believe you agree with his actions.

It's called deflection, and you let her bait you into it . :laugh2:

ConHog
01-06-2012, 01:01 PM

Irrelevant to THIS topic. Please start your own thread about Dubya's illegal actions if you wish to discuss it.

red states rule
01-07-2012, 07:11 AM
NO, I don't listen to fatboy. I just happened to see this link elsewhere, read it, and he said it PERFECTLY.

Baased on recent pics of both of you it is clear you carry more excess weight then Rush. He has lot alot of weight and has kept it off

But you are right, as usual Rush hits it out of the park which is why he is the most listened to radio host in America

red states rule
01-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Rush is a blow hard and quite possibly insane, but he does get one right every now and then.

If anyone would know about those topics - you would be an expert

Again, how can those who do not listen to his show can pass judgement on him is amazing

It always seems those who disagree with Rush always go to the personal shots rather then try and debate the issues. Or could it be, they know they would lose the debate thus all they have are the personal shots?

ConHog
01-07-2012, 07:03 PM
If anyone would know about those topics - you would be an expert

Again, how can those who do not listen to his show can pass judgement on him is amazing

It always seems those who disagree with Rush always go to the personal shots rather then try and debate the issues. Or could it be, they know they would lose the debate thus all they have are the personal shots?

Personal shots? You mean like you just calling Jim fat in this very thread ( no doubt for no other reason than you are mad at him visa vie recent events, but that's neither here nor there.)

How hilarious that YOU would gripe about personal shots at people.

As for Rush, he's an idiot. Every bit as biased as you claim Obama is. Hilarious that you are okay with the partisanship when it is those YOU agree with being partisan.

Well, time for the rest of us to tell ALL partisans that yall suck, yall are ruining this country with the stupid squabbling, and oh yeah fuck off.

jimnyc
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Personal shots? You mean like you just calling Jim fat in this very thread ( no doubt for no other reason than you are mad at him visa vie recent events, but that's neither here nor there.)

How hilarious that YOU would gripe about personal shots at people.

As for Rush, he's an idiot. Every bit as biased as you claim Obama is. Hilarious that you are okay with the partisanship when it is those YOU agree with being partisan.

Well, time for the rest of us to tell ALL partisans that yall suck, yall are ruining this country with the stupid squabbling, and oh yeah fuck off.

If that be the case, so be it, I'm not too overly concerned with his opinion about me.

ConHog
01-07-2012, 09:01 PM
If that be the case, so be it, I'm not too overly concerned with his opinion about me.

I realize that, I just think it's funny how hypocritical he is.

wbcoleman
01-08-2012, 02:12 AM

What exactly did Dubya do when Dingy Harry dreamed up this scheme to keep the Senate in session and his advisers advised him to do what Obama just did?

Gunny
01-08-2012, 07:45 AM

I never listened to him either. However, minus the melodrama, he's actually a smart individual. The guy I work for listens to him religiously and the more I listen, the more I've changed my opinion about him. In most topics, he's right and/or I agree with him.

fj1200
01-08-2012, 12:02 PM
As for Rush, he's an idiot.

How so?

Gaffer
01-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Rush is usually correct in his opinions. He does political analysis and is very knowledgeable about the subject. I don't listen to him that often but I usually agree with what I hear. The other thing about Rush is that he's full of himself. It's part of his comedy routine. After all it has to be entertaining.

Take a test. Listen to his show for one week. If at the end of the week you haven't found it entertaining, informative and factual...then you are a liberal and there's no hope for you. And keep in mind, he's full of himself.

ConHog
01-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Rush is usually correct in his opinions. He does political analysis and is very knowledgeable about the subject. I don't listen to him that often but I usually agree with what I hear. The other thing about Rush is that he's full of himself. It's part of his comedy routine. After all it has to be entertaining.

Take a test. Listen to his show for one week. If at the end of the week you haven't found it entertaining, informative and factual...then you are a liberal and there's no hope for you. And keep in mind, he's full of himself.

You actually hit the nail on the head as to why I don't like him. Same reason I stopped watching/listening to Beck. Not that I disagreed with most of his opinions or doubted the veracity of his facts. I just can't stand the presentation. Especially when it comes to Rush, constantly attacking the "other side" gets quite tedious to listen to for me.

fj1200
01-08-2012, 05:17 PM
And keep in mind, he's full of himself.

You actually hit the nail on the head as to why I don't like him.

Hmm:poke:...

ConHog
01-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Hmm:poke:...

What you trying to say . :dance:

fj1200
01-08-2012, 05:53 PM
;)

pegwinn
01-08-2012, 06:05 PM

From time to time he was. Just like every president since GW.

I remember when GWB was in office and we all backtracked to how bad Clinton was as our opponents cried about Bush. The trick is to acknowledge that "our guy" wasn't perfect and then move on. At that point the average Obama supporter will be forced to discuss current events or depart the area.

Obama is a far worse President than either Clinton or Bush.