ConHog
01-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Go Hogs!!!

Hogs 43 Wildcats 32.

Gunny
01-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Go Hogs!!!

Hogs 43 Wildcats 32.

If any "real" teams were playing, I might consider watching it. As it is, "Most Daring" sounds more exciting.

ConHog
01-07-2012, 02:00 PM
If any "real" teams were playing, I might consider watching it. As it is, "Most Daring" sounds more exciting.

Too bad, you missed a great game. And anyone who doubts the Hogs are a "real" team clearly knows nothing about college football.

Gunny
01-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Too bad, you missed a great game. And anyone who doubts the Hogs are a "real" team clearly knows nothing about college football.

I used to watch UT whoop that ass annually until Arkansas jumped ship to the SEC because they were tired of being UT's and OK's doormat.

ConHog
01-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I used to watch UT whoop that ass annually until Arkansas jumped ship to the SEC because they were tired of being UT's and OK's doormat.

Hello yesterday, welcome to today.

If Texas played Arkansas right now, the Hogs would win by 3 touchdowns MINIMUM. That's a fact.

Gunny
01-07-2012, 02:11 PM

If Texas played Arkansas right now, the Hogs would win by 3 touchdowns MINIMUM. That's a fact.

Yawn. Not, it isn't a fact. And since you have no way to prove it, the issue is moot.

And I'm all about today. The second Arkansas ran off with their tails tucked between their legs to another conference was the last time I saw them play. They just don't count anymore.

jimnyc
01-07-2012, 02:12 PM

And how would they do against powerhouses like Alabama and LSU? Oh, nevermind! :laugh2:

ConHog
01-07-2012, 02:15 PM
And how would they do against powerhouses like Alabama and LSU? Oh, nevermind! :laugh2:

LOL Surely you're not attempting to use the fact that they lost to the two national championship contenders on the road as some attempt to say they are not a very good team?

How did Penn St do this..............oh that's right..........

ConHog
01-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Yawn. Not, it isn't a fact. And since you have no way to prove it, the issue is moot.

And I'm all about today. The second Arkansas ran off with their tails tucked between their legs to another conference was the last time I saw them play. They just don't count anymore.

Tails tucked between their legs? Just because Frank Broyles had the foresight to see that Texas' continued arrogance was leading to the death of the SWC doesn't mean we had our tails tucked between our legs. LOL.We did win 13 SWC titles and a national championship while being Texas' bitch you know?

Oh, and I DO know it for a fact, we'd maul Texas. Yall are the most underachieving program IN college football.

jimnyc
01-07-2012, 02:20 PM
LOL Surely you're not attempting to use the fact that they lost to the two national championship contenders on the road as some attempt to say they are not a very good team?

How did Penn St do this..............oh that's right..........

I'm not on here yammering on about PSU, am I? Arkansas is just not as good as the top dogs and very rarely are or have been. Sure, had some damn good seasons, but they simply don't recruit as good as the big dogs.

ConHog
01-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm not on here yammering on about PSU, am I? Arkansas is just not as good as the top dogs and very rarely are or have been. Sure, had some damn good seasons, but they simply don't recruit as good as the big dogs.

Oh, we're agreed about them historically not being one of the top programs. We're a very good program historically, but not great. That is a group above us.

However, we are currently trending up. We have 5 losses in the last 2 seasons combined, ALL to teams that at some point in the season they beat us we're ranked #1 in the nation. That's not bad.

I think we'll be a little worse next year then back up there in 2014 (and by a little worse I still expect 9 wins minimum)

Oh, and I'd hardly call a few posts yammering. I didn't even post the score of the game until Gunny posted something today.

BTW In the 60s and 70s we were in fact one of the big dogs, so it's incorrect to say we've never been there.

jimnyc
01-07-2012, 02:32 PM
BTW In the 60s and 70s we were in fact one of the big dogs, so it's incorrect to say we've never been there.

Hello yesterday, welcome to today

:lol: :laugh2:

Just fucking with ya, I know they have a damn good team, better than anything PSU has put out lately. And yes, outside of the elite as of late, Arkansas has been damn good. But just like the NFL and Superbowls, no one remembers the runner ups and the playoff losers!

Gunny
01-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Tails tucked between their legs? Just because Frank Broyles had the foresight to see that Texas' continued arrogance was leading to the death of the SWC doesn't mean we had our tails tucked between our legs. LOL.We did win 13 SWC titles and a national championship while being Texas' bitch you know?

Oh, and I DO know it for a fact, we'd maul Texas. Yall are the most underachieving program IN college football.

AKA: Texas's continued domination of the SWC where Arkansas couldn't compete. That's called slinkiing off in the night. Worked real well too. Arkansas is as buried in the SEC as it was the SWC.

ConHog
01-07-2012, 02:39 PM
AKA: Texas's continued domination of the SWC where Arkansas couldn't compete. That's called slinkiing off in the night. Worked real well too. Arkansas is as buried in the SEC as it was the SWC.

Buried, that's funny.

Not our fault there are 4 teams in own division of the SEC that would win the Big12 or whatever yall are calling yourselves these days outright.

yeah we smacked that Big12 ass last night.

ConHog
01-07-2012, 02:41 PM
:lol: :laugh2:

Just fucking with ya, I know they have a damn good team, better than anything PSU has put out lately. And yes, outside of the elite as of late, Arkansas has been damn good. But just like the NFL and Superbowls, no one remembers the runner ups and the playoff losers!

Yall got a coach yesterday. What do you think? I think it's a damned good hire given the circumstances.

I've actually heard a rumor that we might get PSU on the schedule in the next few years.

Gunny
01-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Buried, that's funny.

Not our fault there are 4 teams in own division of the SEC that would win the Big12 or whatever yall are calling yourselves these days outright.

yeah we smacked that Big12 ass last night.

I don't call myself much of anything but Gunny. I'm pulling your chain because you've got it dangling out there in the wind for all to see. I guess you missed my post that I really could care less about grown men playing a child's game?

jimnyc
01-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Yall got a coach yesterday. What do you think? I think it's a damned good hire given the circumstances.

I've actually heard a rumor that we might get PSU on the schedule in the next few years.

Don't know much of him but would rather they have hired someone from within. I think they were too scared with all that happened. This guy may be able to help them cheat though, since he came from the Patriots!

ConHog
01-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Don't know much of him but would rather they have hired someone from within. I think they were too scared with all that happened. This guy may be able to help them cheat though, since he came from the Patriots!

They HAD to hire someone completely unaffiliated with Penn St. No other option on that one.

jimnyc
01-07-2012, 02:56 PM
They HAD to hire someone completely unaffiliated with Penn St. No other option on that one.

Of course there was an option. WHY would any sane person hold an assistant coach responsible? Or a former player? I can see why they tried to distance themselves, in theory, but it wasn't necessary. They have quite a crop of coaches that worked there for quite some time, and a few of them had the experience to become the new coach.

ConHog
01-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Of course there was an option. WHY would any sane person hold an assistant coach responsible? Or a former player? I can see why they tried to distance themselves, in theory, but it wasn't necessary. They have quite a crop of coaches that worked there for quite some time, and a few of them had the experience to become the new coach.

The new guy HAD to be able to say I have no connection to Sandusky. Fair or not anyone remotely associated with that guy would have been ripe for negative recruiting, among other things.

Now the school can say " we are distancing ourselves from anyone associated with that guy."

If this guy doesn't work out, then the next time they go in house.

Besides , in house isn't always the best. Look at Arkansas, we went and got a coach that probably had never even been to the state of Arkansas before, let alone had any association with our program, we seem to be okay.

Gunny
01-08-2012, 08:12 AM
The new guy HAD to be able to say I have no connection to Sandusky. Fair or not anyone remotely associated with that guy would have been ripe for negative recruiting, among other things.

Now the school can say " we are distancing ourselves from anyone associated with that guy."

If this guy doesn't work out, then the next time they go in house.

Besides , in house isn't always the best. Look at Arkansas, we went and got a coach that probably had never even been to the state of Arkansas before, let alone had any association with our program, we seem to be okay.

Yeah, and look at how great he's made Arkansas. Are they going to run back to the SWC/Big 12 now that the SEC's more than they can deal with, or what?

ConHog
01-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah, and look at how great he's made Arkansas. Are they going to run back to the SWC/Big 12 now that the SEC's more than they can deal with, or what?

LOL is that really a flame attempt?

Gunny
01-09-2012, 11:00 AM
LOL is that really a flame attempt?

Nope. Just the facts.