PDA

View Full Version : Before I bitch...

jimnyc
01-09-2012, 01:55 PM
I just noticed that once I place my cursor inside a post I am typing, I cannot use the arrow keys. Not left, right, up or down. I can go left/right in the post title, but they are dead within this box I am typing. Can this be confirmed by anyone else, or is my keyboard acting up? Word of note, my keyboard arrow keys work fine everywhere else, but I'd still like confirmation!

fj1200
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I just noticed that once I place my cursor inside a post I am typing, I cannot use the arrow keys. Not left, right, up or down. I can go left/right in the post title, but they are dead within this box I am typing. Can this be confirmed by anyone else, or is my keyboard acting up? Word of note, my keyboard arrow keys work fine everywhere else, but I'd still like confirmation!

Seems to be working for me.

jimnyc
01-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Seems to be working for me.

Hmmmm, now ya know why I asked! LOL Would have sucked going to vB support and looking for answers for a problem that may not exist.

*** Just tried the arrow keys again during this reply and now it's working. I hate me.

ConHog
01-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Hmmmm, now ya know why I asked! LOL Would have sucked going to vB support and looking for answers for a problem that may not exist.

*** Just tried the arrow keys again during this reply and now it's working. I hate me.

Goof

While we're at it. Is there anyway for us to edit our thread titles?

jimnyc
01-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Goof

While we're at it. Is there anyway for us to edit our thread titles?

Yes, shoot a staff member a PM!! LOL Seriously though, I don't think so, but let me do a search and I will update this thread again.

jimnyc
01-09-2012, 02:38 PM
** Update

Members have 20 minutes to edit their posts, and the same for editing the title of the thread that they created. It's worth noting, after clicking the edit button, you must be in the advanced editor in order to edit the title.

jimnyc
01-09-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm not such a goof after all! Apparently the issue is sporadic, but well known about using the editor in versions 4.1.8 and 4.1.9 of vBulletin, and will be corrected in 4.1.10. Not sure why they just don't give instructions to speed up the process... anyway, it 'may' happen to others, so be aware. Not a problem but more of a effing annoyance. As if I already didn't have reason to smash my $15 keyboard!

ConHog
01-09-2012, 03:23 PM
** Update

Members have 20 minutes to edit their posts, and the same for editing the title of the thread that they created. It's worth noting, after clicking the edit button, you must be in the advanced editor in order to edit the title.

Thanks Jim, I just checked and you're right, I hadn't thought of going advanced before. Guess I'm a goof to. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm not such a goof after all! Apparently the issue is sporadic, but well known about using the editor in versions 4.1.8 and 4.1.9 of vBulletin, and will be corrected in 4.1.10. Not sure why they just don't give instructions to speed up the process... anyway, it 'may' happen to others, so be aware. Not a problem but more of a effing annoyance. As if I already didn't have reason to smash my $15 keyboard!

I have been having the SAME problem for several days. I was attacking my keyboard to see if all my crumbs were causing them to stick, lol. Driving me crazy!!