PDA

View Full Version : National Championship game thread

ConHog
01-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Who's watching?

Mr. P
01-09-2012, 08:24 PM
I am. At least until I have to go the bed. Flt line at 5:45 am in the morning. Damn!

ConHog
01-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I am. At least until I have to go the bed. Flt line at 5:45 am in the morning. Damn!

I hope it's more exciting than their first matchup.

ConHog
01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
LSU's punt defense is just ridiculous.

Gunny
01-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Who's watching?

Watching what?

ConHog
01-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Watching what?

LSU vs Alabama for the national championship

Gunny
01-09-2012, 08:40 PM
LSU vs Alabama for the national championship

Yea. Who cares. Men playing a child's game. Whoop-t-do.

ConHog
01-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Yea. Who cares. Men playing a child's game. Whoop-t-do.

Fair enough, unsubscribe from the thread and those of us who do care can enjoy a thread about the game and those who don't care don't have to read about it.:2up:

Gunny
01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Fair enough, unsubscribe from the thread and those of us who do care can enjoy a thread about the game and those who don't care don't have to read about it.:2up:

Those of "us"? Have you notied you and I are the only two people in these threads? Oh, and I'm not subscribed to anything. Is that the lazy way of reading, or what?

ConHog
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Those of "us"? Have you notied you and I are the only two people in these threads? Oh, and I'm not subscribed to anything. Is that the lazy way of reading, or what?

Well, even if it's just me in the thread, that's better than you just badmouthing the topic. Didn't you get upset about Gabby doing something similar the other night?

Please don't get this thread sent to the Steel Cage.:salute:

ConHog
01-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Pretty good defensive game so far. No surprise there.

ConHog
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
What a catch!!!

Bama is playing real well so far.

Gunny
01-09-2012, 09:09 PM
What a catch!!!

Bama is playing real well so far.''My paternal family is from Alabama. On the other hand, I'd fill up in Orange, TX so I get to Mississippi without stopping. What's that tell you?

ConHog
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Alabama's offense sucks when the field gets short.

Gunny
01-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Alabama's offense sucks when the field gets short.

LSU plays a pro set. AL doesn't. Inside the 20, the pro set is definitely an advantage.

ConHog
01-09-2012, 09:21 PM
LSU plays a pro set. AL doesn't. Inside the 20, the pro set is definitely an advantage.

HUH? Saban is PURE pro style offense.

jimnyc
01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
FINALLY, found a stream online so I can feed multiple addictions simultaneously!

Gunny
01-09-2012, 09:26 PM
HUH? Saban is PURE pro style offense.

Dude. Really. Do you ALWAYS have to be right even when you aren't?

ConHog
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM
FINALLY, found a stream online so I can feed multiple addictions simultaneously!

Should have said something, I would slinboxed it .... Don't tell anyone but I did the Arkansas games this year, even the PPV one, probably get sued if the UA ever finds out about that one.

ConHog
01-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Dude. Really. Do you ALWAYS have to be right even when you aren't?

I AM always right Gunny

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/993309-alabama-football-2012-game-plan-wont-change-with-new-offensive-coordinator

It's just not Saban's system, and they don't have a quarterback mobile enough to run those anyway. They'll stick with a pro-style system.

ConHog
01-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Another field goal coming up?

ConHog
01-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Where is everyone?

ConHog
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
43 yards of first half offense? Ouch.

fj1200
01-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Who's watching?

March Madness already?

ConHog
01-09-2012, 10:35 PM
March Madness already?

football bro.

fj1200
01-09-2012, 10:36 PM
football bro.

Oh, Well Michigan State beat Georgia; that's all I need. :)

ConHog
01-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh, Well Michigan State beat Georgia; that's all I need. :)

Congrats on beating the 6th best team in the SEC. :laugh2:

ConHog
01-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Bama SMOKING that ass.

logroller
01-10-2012, 01:23 AM
''My paternal family is from Alabama. On the other hand, I'd fill up in Orange, TX so I get to Mississippi without stopping. What's that tell you?
You're a consummate planner?

Bama SMOKING that ass.
Couldn't watch the game, have to satisfice with highlight reels...but a shutout, really? Hopefully that'll quiet down the Orleans crowd.

ConHog
01-10-2012, 12:06 PM
You're a consummate planner?

Couldn't watch the game, have to satisfice with highlight reels...but a shutout, really? Hopefully that'll quiet down the Orleans crowd.

It was a great game, for one team. LSU just couldn't get on track.

gabosaurus
01-10-2012, 12:40 PM
First LSU-Alabama game -- boring as crap.
Alleged "national championship game" -- boring as crap.

Can someone smarter than me on this subject inform me why two teams from the same conference who have already played are allowed to play again with a championship at stake? Obviously this BCS thing is total crap.

ConHog
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM

Can someone smarter than me on this subject inform me why two teams from the same conference who have already played are allowed to play again with a championship at stake? Obviously this BCS thing is total crap.

because the voters felt that every other team's losses were worse than Bama losing to LSU. I disagree with that, I don't think Bama should have got a second shot; but they did take advantage . LSU was in either way, but if you don't ALabama PROVED last night that they are the best team in college football, you just don't know college football. They proved they deserved the second chance as far as I'm concerned.

Gunny
01-15-2012, 11:11 AM
football bro.

Long as yu can play it. Watching it is for fuckers that tilt one end of the couch.

ConHog
01-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Long as yu can play it. Watching it is for fuckers that tilt one end of the couch.

I hardly tip one end of the couch, nor does Jimmy, nor do MILLIONS of people who watch football. Not our fault that it seems like the guy the jumbotron always finds is a pig. :laugh2:

Gunny
01-20-2012, 01:13 PM

As begrudingly as I am to admit it, we agree on the bolded portion of your statement. The BCS IS crap and it's taken any fun there was out of college football.

And unlike the snippet I saw where someone says "the voters" ... the BCS is a computer model. Prior to the Bullshit Computer Series, you had the Coach's Poll and the AP Poll. THEY decided who was champion. Sometimes there WERE split polls and split championships.

So what? My paternal family is from Alabama and I've ALWAYS been a Bear Bryant/Crimson Tide fan. The fact remains, these two teams split 2 games during a season. That makes the whole thing a wash in any other sport.

ConHog
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
As begrudingly as I am to admit it, we agree on the bolded portion of your statement. The BCS IS crap and it's taken any fun there was out of college football.

And unlike the snippet I saw where someone says "the voters" ... the BCS is a computer model. Prior to the Bullshit Computer Series, you had the Coach's Poll and the AP Poll. THEY decided who was champion. Sometimes there WERE split polls and split championships.

So what? My paternal family is from Alabama and I've ALWAYS been a Bear Bryant/Crimson Tide fan. The fact remains, these two teams split 2 games during a season. That makes the whole thing a wash in any other sport.

You DO realize that the coaches poll counts still right? The AP was at one time part of the BCS formula but chose to remove themselves from the mix.

Nevertheless, the national championship in D1 football has ALWAYS been mythical. The BCS didn't change that.

I have always been against ta playoff, but I think it's time.

Gunny
01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
You DO realize that the coaches poll counts still right? The AP was at one time part of the BCS formula but chose to remove themselves from the mix.

Nevertheless, the national championship in D1 football has ALWAYS been mythical. The BCS didn't change that.

I have always been against ta playoff, but I think it's time.

What I DO realize is that the BCS is a computerized model that will make a lame-ass team Nat'l Champion by the computer model of its opponents while letting an undefeated team like Texas Tech last year not get number 1 even though the fact of the matter is, the Big 12 has the best teams in the NCAA, but spend so much time killing each other, no one gets to go unblemished except UT and OK because they can ALWAYS rise above the others.

The whole thing is a bunch of bullshit anymore. Next year, I'm going to have the f*ing "Gunny Bowl" between Bradley U and UTSA. Why not? Everyone else has one?

And who's #1 in the NCAA is about as legit as Obama's birth certificate.

ConHog
01-20-2012, 01:29 PM
What I DO realize is that the BCS is a computerized model that will make a lame-ass team Nat'l Champion by the computer model of its opponents while letting an undefeated team like Texas Tech last year not get number 1 even though the fact of the matter is, the Big 12 has the best teams in the NCAA, but spend so much time killing each other, no one gets to go unblemished except UT and OK because they can ALWAYS rise above the others.

The whole thing is a bunch of bullshit anymore. Next year, I'm going to have the f*ing "Gunny Bowl" between Bradley U and UTSA. Why not? Everyone else has one?

And who's #1 in the NCAA is about as legit as Obama's birth certificate.

LOL FINALLY GUnny's real agenda comes out. The Big12 can't hang with the SEC. and that's been proven over and over. Arkansas/LSU/Alabama or Georgia would have mauled Texas Tech this year or any other year. Texas MAY have beaten Ole Miss this year, Oklahoma would have been just fine in the SEC, but no way they would have went undefeated.

I agree there are entirely too many bowl games, hell this year TWO teams had to get waivers just to be eligible so that all the spots could be filled. Has nothing to do with the national championship though.

THIS year Bama and LSU were CLEARLY the two best teams in college football, and I despised seeing them rematch, said so in this thread before the game I believe. But they destroyed LSU worse than Arkansas destroyed Kansas State.

Gunny
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
LOL FINALLY GUnny's real agenda comes out. The Big12 can't hang with the SEC. and that's been proven over and over. Arkansas/LSU/Alabama or Georgia would have mauled Texas Tech this year or any other year. Texas MAY have beaten Ole Miss this year, Oklahoma would have been just fine in the SEC, but no way they would have went undefeated.

I agree there are entirely too many bowl games, hell this year TWO teams had to get waivers just to be eligible so that all the spots could be filled. Has nothing to do with the national championship though.

THIS year Bama and LSU were CLEARLY the two best teams in college football, and I despised seeing them rematch, said so in this thread before the game I believe. But they destroyed LSU worse than Arkansas destroyed Kansas State.

My "real" agenda? Dude, you paying attention or what? You're talking THIS year? Try comparing National Championships. If it wasn't for Florida State and Miami, the SEC STILL wouldn't have much of shit. That's why Arkansas ran there with their asses kicked up around their shoulders by UT and OK. They didn't foresee Howard Schnellenberger at Miami, Bowden and FL State and Visor Boy at U FL. In the end, Arkansas ended up being lame-a-zoids anyway.

Either way, don't assume my stance. I've already stated it. You just want to keep playing this juvenile game, and I really don't care. I like to PLAY football. Watching it turned to shit when teams started running away to other conferences to hide from the rivals that constantly kicked their asses and someone came up with the BCS. SImple as THAT. I don't really care, but try and put me down with a complete lack of facts or a teisted, one-side argument. I haven't fallen too far from the tree. How many banners can the Universtiy of Clinton put up against UT and OK?

You're dismissed.

ConHog
01-20-2012, 01:45 PM
My "real" agenda? Dude, you paying attention or what? You're talking THIS year? Try comparing National Championships. If it wasn't for Florida State and Miami, the SEC STILL wouldn't have much of shit. That's why Arkansas ran there with their asses kicked up around their shoulders by UT and OK. They didn't foresee Howard Schnellenberger at Miami, Bowden and FL State and Visor Boy at U FL. In the end, Arkansas ended up being lame-a-zoids anyway.

Either way, don't assume my stance. I've already stated it. You just want to keep playing this juvenile game, and I really don't care. I like to PLAY football. Watching it turned to shit when teams started running away to other conferences to hide from the rivals that constantly kicked their asses and someone came up with the BCS. SImple as THAT. I don't really care, but try and put me down with a complete lack of facts or a teisted, one-side argument. I haven't fallen too far from the tree. How many banners can the Universtiy of Clinton put up against UT and OK?

You're dismissed.

What are you babbling about? Neither Miami or Florida St is in the SEC, and so those programs have NOTHING to do with the SEC (well except for possibly Florida but oddly the U of Florida is better when either FSU or Miami is a better program, well historically anyway)

As for Arkansas , we came to the SEC for ONE reason. MONEY. And who can fault a program for that? And we haven't done so bad after a rough start. 3 divisional championships, 11 bowl games and that's just in football. In basketball we add 1 conference title, one national championship, one sec tournament title. Then there's track and field where we've won like 39 national championships . Baseball we've went to 5 I believe college world series. All in 17 years. Not bad

Then there is our facilities, which NO ONE who seriously knows college sports debates that overall we have one of if not the BEST set of facilities in the nation, and even at that we're currently expanding.

All because of what/ Oh that's right, money. Had nothing to do with losing to OK and UT every year and had EVERYTHING to do $45M which is the size of the check the University of Arkansas received from the SEC, last year alone.....