PDA

View Full Version : Could Your Personality Be Making You Fat?

Shadow
01-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Could your personality be making your fat?
Tiffanie Davis Henry (http://abc.go.com/shows/the-revolution/buzz/880053), a therapist and co-host of ABC’s “The Revolution, (http://abc.go.com/shows/the-revolution/buzz/880053)” appeared on “Good Morning America” (http://gma.yahoo.com/) today to weigh in on the topic. And she said that your personality – and the connection between emotions and what and when you eat – could indeed be making you fat.
Specific personality types are more prone to weight gain. Henry broke down various personality traits and how they could lead to weight gain. She also talked about how an attitude change can lead to better weight-management success.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/01/11/could-your-personality-be-making-you-fat/

CSM
01-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Well, there ya go ... I don't suppose this ties into the whole breakfast at school discussion!

Shadow
01-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Well, there ya go ... I don't suppose this ties into the whole breakfast at school discussion!

Could fit into the instant gratifier catagory I suppose...along with the 200 pound 8 year old that the government took away from his mom.

The Instant Gratifier

This is the person who cannot say no. They have to eat it now, then feel bad afterward and gain weight quickly, Henry said.
To change that behavior, Instant Gratifiers should soothe their moods, the Atlanta therapist said. They have to look at what they are eating and decide whether they’re eating to avoid dealing with problems or issues in their lives. They should tell themselves that having that slice of cake will keep them from getting into those jeans, and they’ll find it easier to delay that gratification, she said.

Jess
01-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Could your personality be making your fat?
Tiffanie Davis Henry (http://abc.go.com/shows/the-revolution/buzz/880053), a therapist and co-host of ABC’s “The Revolution, (http://abc.go.com/shows/the-revolution/buzz/880053)” appeared on “Good Morning America” (http://gma.yahoo.com/) today to weigh in on the topic. And she said that your personality – and the connection between emotions and what and when you eat – could indeed be making you fat.
Specific personality types are more prone to weight gain. Henry broke down various personality traits and how they could lead to weight gain. She also talked about how an attitude change can lead to better weight-management success.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/01/11/could-your-personality-be-making-you-fat/

Nope. I figure it's the McDonald's food and chocolate that I eat what are making me fat. But I'm odd like that. :cool:

ConHog
01-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Nope. I figure it's the McDonald's food and chocolate that I eat what are making me fat. But I'm odd like that. :cool:
Get with the program, don't you know you're supposed to blame someone or something rather than just say " MY choices make me _______?"

:laugh:

Noir
01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
There's definitely something going wrong somewhere, like 2 weeks ago my mum and I were on a coach trip to Scotland for an ice hockey game, and no word of a lie, the only thin people were the two of us, the rest of the 80 or so people were Overweight, parent and child, that can't be right.

Shadow
01-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Get with the program, don't you know you're supposed to blame someone or something rather than just say " MY choices make me _______?"

How is saying " I eat for comfort" or "I eat because I'm depressed" (for instance) blaming someone else? To me it is just aknowledging why you do something...like eat when you are not hungry.

ConHog
01-11-2012, 09:52 PM
How is saying " I eat for comfort" or "I eat because I'm depressed" (for instance) blaming someone else? To me it is just aknowledging why you do something...like eat when you are not hungry.

I eat b/c I'm depressed still means you are CHOOSING to eat , correct? Some people act like they have no choice. That's all I'm saying.

Shadow
01-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I eat b/c I'm depressed still means you are CHOOSING to eat , correct? Some people act like they have no choice. That's all I'm saying.

No one ever said that people who over eat are not "choosing" to do it. So why the snarky "don't you know...get with the program" remark? :rolleyes:

ConHog
01-11-2012, 10:50 PM
No one ever said that people who over eat are not "choosing" to do it. So why the snarky "don't you know...get with the program" remark? :rolleyes:

Didn't you get the memo? I'm a smart assed dick. What can I say?:laugh:

Shadow
01-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Why would I need a memo for something that is obvious?:rolleyes:

ConHog
01-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Why would I need a memo for something that is obvious?:rolleyes:

Why Shadow, that's nicest thing anyone on here's said to me all week. I'm blushing.

Jess
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM

It's that pesky inclination to take personal responsibility.

But I will blame Gunny for the extra pounds I've put on since he's been here. He MAKES me eat junk food and not stress so much and not work so much and not have to do everything for the boys by myself. See? It's his fault, right?

ConHog
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
It's that pesky inclination to take personal responsibility.

But I will blame Gunny for the extra pounds I've put on since he's been here. He MAKES me eat junk food and not stress so much and not work so much and not have to do everything for the boys by myself. See? It's his fault, right?

If he ever smokes you a fatty, you'll gain another 20.

Jess
01-13-2012, 02:58 PM
If he ever smokes you a fatty, you'll gain another 20.

A good reason not to partake of the evilness that you embrace like a latin lover. :cool:

ConHog
01-13-2012, 03:00 PM
A good reason not to partake of the evilness that you embrace like a latin lover. :cool:

I have but one latin lover, and she's all the hot tamale I'll ever need.

Jess
01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
I have but one latin lover, and she's all the hot tamale I'll ever need.

Good answer! ;)

ConHog
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Good answer! ;)

All bullshit aside, she's the best thing that has ever came my way, and she knows it. Although she will also tell you the same about me. Guess it's true some women DO like assholes. :laugh2:

Jess
01-13-2012, 03:13 PM
All bullshit aside, she's the best thing that has ever came my way, and she knows it. Although she will also tell you the same about me. Guess it's true some women DO like assholes. :laugh2:

Good that you see the best of each other, rather than the worst. And we women see the good guy that treats us like a princess whether anybody is watching or not. That's the proof - not necessarily what y'all are like in front of people.

For me - if a guy treats my kids right, treats my sister right (we're really close) and treats me right - he's pretty much golden. If animals respond well to him, he's definitely a keeper.

Fortunately, I found that guy. And if he continues to be awesome, I might let him keep me. ;)

ConHog
01-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Good that you see the best of each other, rather than the worst. And we women see the good guy that treats us like a princess whether anybody is watching or not. That's the proof - not necessarily what y'all are like in front of people.

For me - if a guy treats my kids right, treats my sister right (we're really close) and treats me right - he's pretty much golden. If animals respond well to him, he's definitely a keeper.

Fortunately, I found that guy. And if he continues to be awesome, I might let him keep me. ;)

Wife just texted

:what do we need to smoke fatty tomorrow"

:laugh2: DEA probably fixing to bust her tomorrow.

Jess
01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Wife just texted

:what do we need to smoke fatty tomorrow"

:laugh2: DEA probably fixing to bust her tomorrow.

We know nothing.