PDA

View Full Version : Interesting abortion case in Texas

gabosaurus
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
A 14 year old Corpus Christi girl is mentally unstable and unable to recall how she became pregnant. Her parents want her to get an abortion. She not only wants to carry the baby to term, but wants to keep it. And has gotten a lawyer to defend her right to do so. Her parents believe she is being manipulated.
What would be your option(s) here?

http://www.caller.com/news/2012/jan/04/judge-appoints-guardian-pregnant-14-year-old-whos/

jimnyc
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
A 14 year old Corpus Christi girl is mentally unstable and unable to recall how she became pregnant. Her parents want her to get an abortion. She not only wants to carry the baby to term, but wants to keep it. And has gotten a lawyer to defend her right to do so. Her parents believe she is being manipulated.
What would be your option(s) here?

http://www.caller.com/news/2012/jan/04/judge-appoints-guardian-pregnant-14-year-old-whos/

My first option is to do an investigation and find out how the hell someone impregnated a mentally unstable girl. Also, just HOW mental is she? Then with that said, I think the life of the baby is most important, unless she is SO mental that she doesn't recall being raped or similar.

Abbey Marie
01-11-2012, 02:03 PM
I agree with Jim on the investigation.

But as to the abortion, she's a human being with rights, and the baby is innocent. Let her have her child, and if she can't take care of it, go the usual child services route and do what is done in cases where the parent is unable to take care of the child.

I doubt the grandparents would be a good choice for custody, though. "Good morning little grandchild, our one fervent wish was to have you killed in utero".

ConHog
01-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Much as I disagree with abortion, I do NOT think a girl who isn't legally competent enough or old enough to consent to sex should be deciding on her own whether to have an abortion or not.

Thunderknuckles
01-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Much as I disagree with abortion, I do NOT think a girl who isn't legally competent enough or old enough to consent to sex should be deciding on her own whether to have an abortion or not.
And who decides for her?

ConHog
01-11-2012, 03:43 PM
And who decides for her?

Her legal guardians. the people likely to have to care for her for the rest of her life. They shouldn't have a say as to whether they have another life to take care of?

Not saying it isn't tragic, and I would like to think that if this happened to my daughter I would 100% want to keep the baby. but my God man , who can judge these parents without being in their shoes?

Abbey Marie
01-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Her legal guardians. the people likely to have to care for her for the rest of her life. They shouldn't have a say as to whether they have another life to take care of?

Not saying it isn't tragic, and I would like to think that if this happened to my daughter I would 100% want to keep the baby. but my God man , who can judge these parents without being in their shoes?

God will.

ConHog
01-11-2012, 11:38 PM
God will.

Yes that is true, but He is infinitely wiser than us and so has that right.

Thunderknuckles
01-12-2012, 01:42 AM

And who gives her legal guardians this power?

ConHog
01-12-2012, 09:02 AM
And who gives her legal guardians this power?

This girl will likely be in their care for her entire life. No more than a child despite her physical age. THAT gives them the right to make her legal decisions. Why are you FOR the state taking away a parent's right in this case?