PDA

View Full Version : any of you teachers wanna defend this douche nozzle?

ConHog
01-12-2012, 12:36 PM
a few weeks old, but I hadn't seen the story before now, and thought it disturbing

http://www.wkrn.com/story/16327235/teacher-suspended-after-writing-stupid-on-students-forehead

gabosaurus
01-13-2012, 12:48 PM
No one can defend the indefensible.
But believing that one incident is representative of all teachers is like believing that the marines pictured pissing on dead bodies is representative of all military.

ConHog
01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
No one can defend the indefensible.
But believing that one incident is representative of all teachers is like believing that the marines pictured pissing on dead bodies is representative of all military.

I deal with teachers on almost a daily basis. I fully understand that a few bad apples don't mean the whole batch is bad.

BUT teacher's unions ARE notorious for defending even the worst of the worst.

gabosaurus
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM
I deal with teachers on almost a daily basis. I fully understand that a few bad apples don't mean the whole batch is bad.

BUT teacher's unions ARE notorious for defending even the worst of the worst.

Everyone gets their day in court. But unless you get a union with outrageous power, like in New York, the bad apples are usually thrown off the tree.

Abbey Marie
01-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Eh, the nuns did worse on a regular basis to us.

ConHog
01-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Everyone gets their day in court. But unless you get a union with outrageous power, like in New York, the bad apples are usually thrown off the tree.

Arkansas teacher's unions are very weak, but still it just about IMPOSSIBLE to fire a teacher. Usually what happens is they agree to leave, and then they just go to a different school district. Rare to see one actually get fired.

Jess
01-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Did the teacher at least spell it correctly?

ConHog
01-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Did the teacher at least spell it correctly?

I think he spelled it " U iz dum" or more correctly "mud zi U" since he wrote it backwards for the kid to be able to read it in a mirror.

Jess
01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
I think he spelled it " U iz dum" or more correctly "mud zi U" since he wrote it backwards for the kid to be able to read it in a mirror.

The brilliant ex sent me a text once "I'm not stooped." Seriously. In telling me he wasn't stupid, he proved it. But then again, he does that a lot ...

ConHog
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM
The brilliant ex sent me a text once "I'm not stooped." Seriously. In telling me he wasn't stupid, he proved it. But then again, he does that a lot ...

One of my favorite parts of posting on message boards is watching people call other people stupid, illiterate, retarded or anything similar in a way that shows that THEY are one of , or all of the above.

Just read one this morning on a sports message board

"If you axe me, dat der is prove that they is stupid. Sumone should kik dey ass."

I copy and pasted that directly from the board.
:laugh2:

Jess
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
One of my favorite parts of posting on message boards is watching people call other people stupid, illiterate, retarded or anything similar in a way that shows that THEY are one of , or all of the above.

Just read one this morning on a sports message board

"If you axe me, dat der is prove that they is stupid. Sumone should kik dey ass."

I copy and pasted that directly from the board.
:laugh2:

Da's ju' beeee-utifull, CH. Done brang a ter to mi i.

ConHog
01-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Da's ju' beeee-utifull, CH. Done brang a ter to mi i.

The scow is pretty famous for that to, it's hilarious.

Jess
01-13-2012, 03:01 PM
The scow is pretty famous for that to, it's hilarious.

It wouldn't be so funny if they weren't trying to be better-than-thou.

My best friend in HS was a lousy speller but she knew it and accepted it. That I can deal with.

ConHog
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
It wouldn't be so funny if they weren't trying to be better-than-thou.

My best friend in HS was a lousy speller but she knew it and accepted it. That I can deal with.

Yeah, I'm the same. I don't expect everyone to have my vocabulary or spelling skills. But those who make fun of people while making errors themselves crack me up.

Another oddity of message boards that I find hilarious is on some boards you can see someone who shares the popular opinion but does so horribly, mangling the English language so horribly that you can barely read their posts, and half the board will "oh great post" "plus one" " yeah you told them" "excellent post, spot on" etc etc.

While on the flip side, you can have someone that disagrees with the popular opinion, but does so in a clear, concise, well written manner , yet half the board will respond with "your (and it's ALWAYS misspelled as your instead of you're) a moron" "troll" , "learn how to spell" or something similar. If not worse.

Just seems odd.

Jess
01-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'm the same. I don't expect everyone to have my vocabulary or spelling skills. But those who make fun of people while making errors themselves crack me up.

Another oddity of message boards that I find hilarious is on some boards you can see someone who shares the popular opinion but does so horribly, mangling the English language so horribly that you can barely read their posts, and half the board will "oh great post" "plus one" " yeah you told them" "excellent post, spot on" etc etc.

While on the flip side, you can have someone that disagrees with the popular opinion, but does so in a clear, concise, well written manner , yet half the board will respond with "your (and it's ALWAYS misspelled as your instead of you're) a moron" "troll" , "learn how to spell" or something similar. If not worse.

Just seems odd.

People are strange, CH. It's tough being the only normal ones, ain't it?

ConHog
01-13-2012, 03:19 PM
People are strange, CH. It's tough being the only normal ones, ain't it?

I make no pretensions of being normal.

Jess
01-13-2012, 03:25 PM
I make no pretensions of being normal.