PDA

View Full Version : Still Voting For 'Mitt Romney'?

-Cp
01-13-2012, 03:27 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EQwrB1vu74c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fj1200
01-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Yes.

johnwk
01-13-2012, 09:36 AM
I would prefer to elect a candidate who appears to know how to shrink government, close down needless and unconstitutional government agencies and departments and fire federal parasites, than a candidate named Gingrich who fired his wife while she was recovering from cancer surgery.

Not only was Gingrich a traitor to our country when he worked with Clinton to adopt the NAFTA and unconstitutionally transferred Congress’ power to regulate America’s commerce to “Bi-national Panels” a majority of whom are foreigners and now make binding decisions concerning America’s commerce with Canada and Mexico (see Establishment of Bi-national Panels (http://www.sice.oas.org/trade/nafta/chap-192.asp#An1901.2)), but Gingrich was likewise a traitor to more than one wife. Unfortunately, Gingrich has the same gift as Obama, the gift of gab which he uses to mesmerize the people and cheat on women.

JWK

Congress, not Gingrich’s one world government “Bi-national Panels”, shall have power To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes

Thunderknuckles
01-13-2012, 10:19 AM
If he wins the nomination? Yes.

Noir
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM
That video is so American lol, but that aside I don't think it's as bad as it first looks.

'Flip-flopping' isn't always bad. It means that you held a view, and have since been convinced otherwise. I'd rather someone flip-flopped than just stuck stubbornly with whatever view they had regardless of arguemental against it.

Also, an issue like abortion, just just because he held a view a few years ago doesn't mean he has to hold it the rest of his life. Now I don't agree with his current abortion stance, however he is being open and honest on what it is and will no doubt gain/lose support from different people because of it.

Other parts of the video, like the assault weapons clip, is too short to make any assessment. But it stands to reason if he's just signed a bill Putting limits on assault weapons, and the next day he's asked 'would you like to put more limits on assault weapons' he can honestly say 'I do not want to restrict the right to assault weapons any further' and not be in contradiction with himself.

As for the issues of Lobbists. This will trip him up, not because he's been bought and sold (anyone who ends up as pres has been bought and sold) but because he's trying to say that he is beyond the influence of Lobbists. Which is a lie, not a provable one, but we all know it's a lie none the less.

Maybe I'm giving him too much benefit of the doubt, and some of the flip flops are purely for political gain. But that video wouldn't convince me to not vote for him. Which ofcourse I never would anyways.

Abbey Marie
01-13-2012, 11:42 AM
If he wins the nomination? Yes.

What he said. :beer:

fj1200
01-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Still Voting For 'Mitt Romney'?

Well now that this has come out...

Gingrich hits Romney for knowing how to speak French (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gingrich-hits-romney-knowing-speak-french-150300235.html)
There's no way in hell that the french-speaking bastard is getting my vote. I guess everyone has their limits. :mad:

YU ESS AY, YU ESS AY, YU ESS AY... :flyflag:

ConHog
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM

Gingrich hits Romney for knowing how to speak French (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gingrich-hits-romney-knowing-speak-french-150300235.html)
There's no way in hell that the french-speaking bastard is getting my vote. I guess everyone has their limits. :mad:

Romney parle français? Une autre raison de voter pour lui.

fj1200
01-13-2012, 12:35 PM
^Hate you too F'rog. :mad:

YU ESS AY...

gabosaurus
01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
A vote for Ron Paul in the primary is a vote for Obama in the general election. Like it or not.

Abbey Marie
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM

-Cp
01-13-2012, 03:48 PM
UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE how brainwashed so many are who are caught up into the whole fake left-right paradigm... they parrot crap like: "Brawwwk, A vote for RP is a vote for Obama".. .and "RP isn't electable"...

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe it's been that way because of the horrible mindset and blind parroting like I point out here?

We finally get SOMEONE who is a Constitutionalist and pundits on both sides act as if he's the one on crazy pills... that's just dumb....

Thunderknuckles
01-13-2012, 03:59 PM
UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE how brainwashed so many are who are caught up into the whole fake left-right paradigm... they parrot crap like: "Brawwwk, A vote for RP is a vote for Obama".. .and "RP isn't electable"...

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe it's been that way because of the horrible mindset and blind parroting like I point out here?

We finally get SOMEONE who is a Constitutionalist and pundits on both sides act as if he's the one on crazy pills... that's just dumb....
There is no brain washing.
You haven't FINALLY got a Constitutionalist. You have had the opportunity to put him in the White House since back in 1988 and he has never come close. You don't even have to know his politics to eventually come to the conclusion that maybe this is not the horse to bet on.

Abbey Marie
01-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Constitutionalist, Conspiratorialist, Isolationist, and Racist all have some of the same letters, but that is all they should have in common. Once these latter three are divorced from the first in a candidate, I will be more accepting.

jimnyc
01-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Imagine that, a Ron Paul supporter calling someone brainwashed! BWAAHAAAAAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

And a truther. Well, probably because RP told him to be one!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :duh5:

Gunny
01-13-2012, 06:49 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EQwrB1vu74c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I never was. And that idiot in your avatar is a couple of notches of idiocy below Romney. You Ron Paul followers need to just go on and become disciples of Sun Yung Moon.

fj1200
01-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Imagine that, a Ron Paul supporter calling someone brainwashed!

It seems that RP supporters don't consider that the people just don't want what he is selling.

Gunny
01-14-2012, 09:04 AM

Que?

darin
01-14-2012, 10:20 AM
I got a feeling plagiarism happens in this thread.

Gunny
01-14-2012, 10:28 AM
A vote for Ron Paul in the primary is a vote for Obama in the general election. Like it or not.

Have to give credit where it's due. Even to you. You're right.

We're not the brainwashed one's, Einstein. You're caught up in some idiotic belief that some independent/libertarian moron is going to swoop in and save the day. I bet he gets about 3 votes between the House and Senate and would be nothing but a lame duck from the get-go.

Something you "smart" fellers don't seem to get.

Get a clue, loser. A vote for that moron Paul steals a vote from the GOP candidate which IS in essence a vote for Obama. Grow some balls and grow up. I said this last election and idiots like you didn't listen and look who the fuck is President now. Good fucking job. patting yourself on the back? No, you're whining your little ass off but not placing the blame on it where it belongs.

And you talk of reality? Try getting some.

-Cp
01-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Have to give credit where it's due. Even to you. You're right.

We're not the brainwashed one's, Einstein. You're caught up in some idiotic belief that some independent/libertarian moron is going to swoop in and save the day. I bet he gets about 3 votes between the House and Senate and would be nothing but a lame duck from the get-go.

Something you "smart" fellers don't seem to get.

Get a clue, loser. A vote for that moron Paul steals a vote from the GOP candidate which IS in essence a vote for Obama. Grow some balls and grow up. I said this last election and idiots like you didn't listen and look who the fuck is President now. Good fucking job. patting yourself on the back? No, you're whining your little ass off but not placing the blame on it where it belongs.

And you talk of reality? Try getting some.

Would be nice if you could actually offer something intelligent to the topic, however, seems all you can do is hurl baseless insults.

jimnyc
01-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Would be nice if you could actually offer something intelligent to the topic, however, seems all you can do is hurl baseless insults.

Coming from the guy who hurls the baseless "self licking ice cream" crap towards me, supposedly because I own the site, but more likely because I shoot down and laugh at your beliefs and ridiculous stances. Anyone who doesn't believe what you have to say is always a "sheep" or someone falling in line, or someone who listens to Limbaugh or Hannity. And you couldn't be more wrong.

Gunny
01-14-2012, 03:48 PM

I just gave you a logical and intelligent conclusion. The only illogical and unintelligent offering here is anyone that would vote for an idiot whose sole purpose is to divide a voting block, and believes his bullshit.

There's a basis for each and every insult. The fact is, all you can do is go into leftwing mode and accuse rather than respond to the comment.

Gunny
01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Coming from the guy who hurls the baseless "self licking ice cream" crap towards me, supposedly because I own the site, but more likely because I shoot down and laugh at your beliefs and ridiculous stances. Anyone who doesn't believe what you have to say is always a "sheep" or someone falling in line, or someone who listens to Limbaugh or Hannity. And you couldn't be more wrong.

Didn't he used to be okay? You drop a cinder block on his head, or what?

jimnyc
01-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Didn't he used to be okay? You drop a cinder block on his head, or what?

I don't know about "ok", as I'd hate to say someone is ok if they have similar beliefs and not ok if they disagree - BUT, yes, he went from being "normal", to being on hiatus, to a conspiracy theorist upon his return. Of course we're all sheep because we "believe" things, and he believes something different, and of course not a sheep.

If you believe the government's version of 9/11 - you are a sheep with your head in the sand
If you like anyone but Ron Paul - you are a sheep with your head in the sand

Gunny
01-14-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't know about "ok", as I'd hate to say someone is ok if they have similar beliefs and not ok if they disagree - BUT, yes, he went from being "normal", to being on hiatus, to a conspiracy theorist upon his return. Of course we're all sheep because we "believe" things, and he believes something different, and of course not a sheep.

If you believe the government's version of 9/11 - you are a sheep with your head in the sand
If you like anyone but Ron Paul - you are a sheep with your head in the sand

If he's a moonie for Ron paul, he's got no right calling ANYONE a sheep. He needs to look at the man in the mirror.

tailfins
01-17-2012, 11:08 AM
^Hate you too F'rog. :mad:

YU ESS AY...

Why the apostrophe? I'm not saying it's incorrect, just never seen it spelled that way. You do know that term is a slur on par with the N-bomb in Canada, don't you?

fj1200
01-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Why the apostrophe? I'm not saying it's incorrect, just never seen it spelled that way. You do know that term is a slur on par with the N-bomb in Canada, don't you?

You must have missed the joke; it was funny on so many different levels. Oh, and I'll be concerned about Canadians when in Canada, referring to Canadians, and/or conversing with a Canadian.

krisy
01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
I've been keeping an open mind so far in this election since Herman Cain and Michelle Bachman left.

I thought last night was a really good debate,and I loved the fiesty audience. I thought Newt gave some great answers,especially about the inner city kids working-that was awesome. He took Juan Williams down. No,that doesn't mean I'm voting for him. Mitt didn't do great.Santorum sounded good,as did Rick Perry I thought.

I believe that Ron Paul believes passionately what he says,but wow some of his answers! Practice the Golden rule with terrorist countries?! Are you kidding me? That was NOT a good thing to say. He just convinced me even more that he would let terrorists run amuck,and that he feels sorry for them. I've really been listening to him. I even listened to a couple of his supporters on Beck this morning who sounded rational. What they said he stands for is not what he is communicating. I really see some of his points,but they just aren't rational in this day and age of terrorism.

Abbey Marie
01-17-2012, 12:50 PM
I've been keeping an open mind so far in this election since Herman Cain and Michelle Bachman left.

I thought last night was a really good debate,and I loved the fiesty audience. I thought Newt gave some great answers,especially about the inner city kids working-that was awesome. He took Juan Williams down. No,that doesn't mean I'm voting for him. Mitt didn't do great.Santorum sounded good,as did Rick Perry I thought.

I believe that Ron Paul believes passionately what he says,but wow some of his answers! Practice the Golden rule with terrorist countries?! Are you kidding me? That was NOT a good thing to say. He just convinced me even more that he would let terrorists run amuck,and that he feels sorry for them. I've really been listening to him. I even listened to a couple of his supporters on Beck this morning who sounded rational. What they said he stands for is not what he is communicating. I really see some of his points,but they just aren't rational in this day and age of terrorism.

I though Perry did a really fine job last night.

Paul still seems like someone's idealistic grampa, who you'd understandingly pat on the shoulder, and then he toddles off to bed.

jimnyc
01-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I thought most of the debate was worthless, as far as swaying me in any one direction. But the bottom line is that I saw nothing at all to knock Romney off the leader board. And of course Ron Paul doesn't disappoint. This is how I know he is unelectable - he talks.

Unless something dramatic starts to happen, this is only going to be a W for Romney and he'll roll into Super Tuesday as the presumed nominee.

Thunderknuckles
01-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I didn't catch the debate but news reports suggest it was a win for Gingrich again. It will be interesting to see what, if any, impact it will have on the results on S.C.

tailfins
01-17-2012, 02:15 PM
You must have missed the joke; it was funny on so many different levels. Oh, and I'll be concerned about Canadians when in Canada, referring to Canadians, and/or conversing with a Canadian.

Fair enough. At least this post can save you the unpleasant experience of being locked up if/when you visit Canada. Hate speech will land you in the back of a police cruiser.

logroller
01-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Fair enough. At least this post can save you the unpleasant experience of being locked up if/when you visit Canada. Hate speech will land you in the back of a police cruiser.

Hate speech? Are amphibians a protected class?

Seriously though, unless you have a chip on your shoulder, waiting for someone to knock it off, getting pissed about such things is lame-- because the slur frog was originally directed at the Dutch, due to the marshy conditions of Holland. When the French became the enemy of English, the slur was transferred to the French due to their eating frog legs; similarly, the French call the English rosbif. But given how Canada is actually sovereign, not in anyway connected to the France, but is still affiliated with the English Crown, such slurs are no longer that disparaging. My favorite though, is the Germans call the English inselaffe, or island apes/monkeys. All are pretty benign IMHO. The following, however, might flare the tempers.

How do you get a french waiter's attention? Order in German.

How many frenchmen does it take to guard Paris? Nobody knows, its never been done.

I just bought a French computer; it runs so much faster.

tailfins
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Hate speech? Are amphibians a protected class?

Seriously though, unless you have a chip on your shoulder, waiting for someone to knock it off.....

Naw, there aren't any of THOSE in Montreal are there? Especially knowing they can have you by the short and curlies once uncle LEO is involved. Funny jokes, though.

fj1200
01-17-2012, 05:48 PM

You completely missed the point of my original and subsequent posts in this thread.

logroller
01-18-2012, 11:53 AM
You completely missed the point of my original and subsequent posts in this thread.

***BREAKING NEWS***
Jokes derail thread...

:panicsmiley:

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." —General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." —Norman Schwartzkopf

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure." —Jacques Chirac, President of France