PDA

View Full Version : PM question

ConHog
01-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Not the right forum, I'm sure, but not sure which would be right for this question.

Is there a feature on this board to download PMs? I know its an offered feature, just not sure if Jim has it enabled.

Thanks.

Jess
01-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Not the right forum, I'm sure, but not sure which would be right for this question.

Is there a feature on this board to download PMs? I know its an offered feature, just not sure if Jim has it enabled.

Thanks.

Why not do screen shots?

ConHog
01-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Why not do screen shots?

Because a feature that is available is just to download all PMs as a file and save it rather than to have to screen capture entire conversations. It's not a big deal, just idle curiosity more than anything.

Jess
01-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Because a feature that is available is just to download all PMs as a file and save it rather than to have to screen capture entire conversations. It's not a big deal, just idle curiosity more than anything.

Well, try it, man. Geez. I have to think of everything!

jimnyc
01-13-2012, 07:33 PM
When I look at my messages, I have an option to check off boxes for each message, or one at the top to select all. Then at the bottom of the screen, there are options on what to do with those selected messages, and a few of them are download options. Do you not see the same thing? Let me look at the settings...

jimnyc
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
When I look at my messages, I have an option to check off boxes for each message, or one at the top to select all. Then at the bottom of the screen, there are options on what to do with those selected messages, and a few of them are download options. Do you not see the same thing? Let me look at the settings...

Just logged in with my test account, which is a regular member, and I can confirm the above works.

ConHog
01-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Just logged in with my test account, which is a regular member, and I can confirm the above works.

I KNEW that was an available option, just didn't know if you had it enabled, or if so where. Thanks Jim.

ConHog
01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
to answer my own question, at the very bottom of the PM page there is an option to download all PMs to either XML,CVC, or text file. No need to even select any PMs just download the entire file.

I just didn't see it before.

Jess
01-13-2012, 08:11 PM
to answer my own question, at the very bottom of the PM page there is an option to download all PMs to either XML,CVC, or text file. No need to even select any PMs just download the entire file.

I just didn't see it before.

Way to go, slick.

But now we all know. Of course, if download and save the PMs I sent you, I'll have to kill you. No question about it.

ConHog
01-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Way to go, slick.

But now we all know. Of course, if download and save the PMs I sent you, I'll have to kill you. No question about it.

you gotta get past the dogs , the Mexican, and a whole slew of guns to get me. Bring it on!!

Jess
01-13-2012, 09:24 PM
you gotta get past the dogs , the Mexican, and a whole slew of guns to get me. Bring it on!!

I ain't skeered.

I got cats can whup the dogs, the Mexican and I would get along better than you ever want to think about and I got 3 gelflings that would make a mockery of your guns. Either that or I'll bring the Fuller family from next door to use as human shields.

ConHog
01-21-2012, 10:26 PM
I ain't skeered.

I got cats can whup the dogs, the Mexican and I would get along better than you ever want to think about and I got 3 gelflings that would make a mockery of your guns. Either that or I'll bring the Fuller family from next door to use as human shields.

Oh, I would definitely fear you and the Mexican ever meeting. For me and for Gunny.