PDA

View Full Version : The Everlasting Chit-Chat Thread

Jess
01-16-2012, 11:01 AM
This thread is Chloe's idea, blessed by the boss man. An ongoing thread to post what's happening in your day, general chit-chat, instead of clogging up other threads with the little stuff.

Please keep politics and flames out of this thread - there are plenty of others in which to post those comments. Posters who cannot abide by those two requests will be asked very politely to remove themselves from this thread. If you cannot leave it at that, Chloe's gonna get medieval on you. :death:

ConHog
01-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Sup Jess?

I am tired, ran my 5 miles this morning, then when the daughter got up, she decided she wanted to walk back and see the horses. Of course they are at the back of the farm, so walked about 2 more miles b/c some little missy didn't want to ride the 4wheeler.

Jess
01-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Hah! My sweetie let me sleep in, had the kids fed and basically ready for the day before I got up. He's teaching them how to play cards now. Not for money though. It's good math practice for the brain.

Got a dr appt for the two who see the allergist. Hopefully they can come off some of the meds. That stuff is expensive.Ugh!

How are the equines doin'?

ConHog
01-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Hah! My sweetie let me sleep in, had the kids fed and basically ready for the day before I got up. He's teaching them how to play cards now. Not for money though. It's good math practice for the brain.

Got a dr appt for the two who see the allergist. Hopefully they can come off some of the meds. That stuff is expensive.Ugh!

How are the equines doin'?

They are their usual eating , pooping, money sucking selves. I should ring my sister's neck.

Oh, got the wife good to, filled the sugar shaker with salt, She made her ice tea to take to work with her this morning and just piled the sugar/salt in it. LOL I can't wait to get a text from her.

Jess
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
They are their usual eating , pooping, money sucking selves. I should ring my sister's neck.

Oh, got the wife good to, filled the sugar shaker with salt, She made her ice tea to take to work with her this morning and just piled the sugar/salt in it. LOL I can't wait to get a text from her.

Y'all have more issues than National Geographic.

ConHog
01-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Y'all have more issues than National Geographic.

LOL you're probably right. BUt it works for us.:coffee:

Jess
01-16-2012, 11:19 AM
LOL you're probably right. BUt it works for us.:coffee:

Whatever works, I guess. :)

ConHog
01-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Whatever works, I guess. :)

I guess she's had her iced tea. Just got a text from her

"Ur dead" :laugh2:

I'm skeered.

Jess
01-16-2012, 11:29 AM
I guess she's had her iced tea. Just got a text from her

"Ur dead" :laugh2:

I'm skeered.

If she watched the same videos we did on TruTV, beware the next football game that you're really into. She may change the channel from afar at the critical moment.

Or put super glue in your hat. That one was harsh. She (the stupid chick) couldn't understand WHY the dude was so upset. duh!

ConHog
01-16-2012, 11:33 AM
If she watched the same videos we did on TruTV, beware the next football game that you're really into. She may change the channel from afar at the critical moment.

Or put super glue in your hat. That one was harsh. She (the stupid chick) couldn't understand WHY the dude was so upset. duh!

Meh she's done that to me before, backfired on her though when she realized I simply don't get into football games to get that upset over it.

And super glue in the hair? No, we pull harmless pranks. Well, somewhat harmless , the cattle prod hurt. lol

Jess
01-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Meh she's done that to me before, backfired on her though when she realized I simply don't get into football games to get that upset over it.

And super glue in the hair? No, we pull harmless pranks. Well, somewhat harmless , the cattle prod hurt. lol

If she comes at you with a pair of side-cutters, you might wanna run. Of course, that would probably not be a "prank". That's what happens if she catches you screwing around. :laugh:

ConHog
01-16-2012, 11:46 AM
If she comes at you with a pair of side-cutters, you might wanna run. Of course, that would probably not be a "prank". That's what happens if she catches you screwing around. :laugh:

Well, she knows there is absolutely zero chance of me ever attempting to cheat on her, so no worries there.

Jess
CHLOE! Where are you? How are you?

Jimmy said we can have a thread. Is he the coolest EVAH or what? :cool:

Thunderknuckles
Currently listening to my "Puscifer" station on Pandora while wrapping up a few code changes to a software update we will be making this Wednesday. Real exciting stuff :p

Jess
01-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Currently listening to my "Puscifer" station on Pandora while wrapping up a few code changes to a software update we will be making this Wednesday. Real exciting stuff :p

"Puscifer"? What's that?

What kind of code?

I have no idea what you do ...

Gunny
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
This thread is Chloe's idea, blessed by the boss man. An ongoing thread to post what's happening in your day, general chit-chat, instead of clogging up other threads with the little stuff.

Please keep politics and flames out of this thread - there are plenty of others in which to post those comments. Posters who cannot abide by those two requests will be asked very politely to remove themselves from this thread. If you cannot leave it at that, Chloe's gonna get medieval on you. :death:

Sure, blame Chloe, princess. Got your own private thread now, huh?

Come over here and let's discuss this .....

Jess
01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Sure, blame Chloe, princess. Got your own private thread now, huh?

Come over here and let's discuss this .....

But it really was Chloe's idea. A good one, too. So it will be OUR thread - Chloe's and mine. :joy4:

And getting within arm's length of you usually leads to trouble ...

Gunny
01-16-2012, 12:05 PM
But it really was Chloe's idea. A good one, too. So it will be OUR thread - Chloe's and mine. :joy4:

And getting within arm's length of you usually leads to trouble ...

That what they're calling it nowadays? Trouble?:laugh:

Jess
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
That what they're calling it nowadys? Trouble?:laugh:

Ummm ... yes. That is what all the kids are calling it. 3142

Gunny
01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
That what they're calling it nowadays? Trouble?:laugh:

... and yes ... this IS behaving ....:martian:

shattered
01-16-2012, 12:14 PM
... and yes ... this IS behaving ....:martian:

Aw!! Marvin rules!

Jess
01-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Aw!! Marvin rules!

He does rule.

Second only to the bunny: 3143 <he's one of my all-time faves.

shattered
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Jess;519271]He does rule.

Second only to the bunny: 3143 <he's one="" of="" my="" all-time="" faves.[="" quote]="">

Nono. THe only bunny worth spit is Happy Bunny. :D

</he's>

Jess
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
<he's one="" of="" my="" all-time="" faves.[="" quote]="">

Nono. THe only bunny worth spit is Happy Bunny. :D

</he's>

Happy Bunny? Pray tell ...

shattered
01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Happy Bunny? Pray tell ...

Oh dear... Happy Bunny is sarcastic...mean...cute...funny...

http://jimbenton.com/files/Jim%20Benton%20IHB%20Home_1.png

Gunny
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=Jess;519271]He does rule.

Second only to the bunny: 3143 <he's one="" of="" my="" all-time="" faves.[="" quote]

</he's>:smoke:<he's one="" of="" my="" all-time="" faves.[="" quote]

</he's>

shattered
01-16-2012, 12:25 PM
http://www.lovehappybunny.com/img/BoysLieAndKindOfStink.jpg

Jess

Points for Happy Bunny.

Gunny

Just mean ...

shattered
01-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Gunny
01-16-2012, 12:27 PM

That's just wrong in s-o-o-o many ways.

Jess
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM

Some boys lie and some boys stink. Some are just weird. It takes a bunny to make it real. :cool:

shattered
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM

I don't know what you're talking about. :)

chloe
01-16-2012, 12:36 PM
CHLOE! Where are you? How are you?

Jimmy said we can have a thread. Is he the coolest EVAH or what? :cool:

Sorry, I was on the phone with Gaffer talking about my anthropology class.

Great Thread Jess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

Thunderknuckles
01-16-2012, 12:36 PM
"Puscifer"? What's that?

What kind of code?

I have no idea what you do ...
Puscifer is a band formed by Maynard James Keenan from Tool. They do some pretty weird stuff. My current favorite songs are "Potions" and "The Humbling River". You can check out some videos over at YouTube if you feel inclined.

As for what I do, I am an IT Manager for a manufacturing company. This particular software update I am working on involves coding in Flash and PHP, although I am proficient in a number of languages.

Like I said, real exciting lol.

chloe
01-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Puscifer is a band formed by Maynard James Keenan from Tool. They do some pretty weird stuff. My current favorite songs are "Potions" and "The Humbling River". You can check out some videos over at YouTube if you feel inclined.

As for what I do, I am an IT Manager for a manufacturing company. This particular software update I am working on involves coding in Flash and PHP, although I am proficient in a number of languages.

Like I said, real exciting lol.

FAuEb9L_Kvg

Jess
01-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Sorry, I was on the phone with Gaffer talking about my anthropology class.

Great Thread Jess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

It's your brainchild.

Anyway, i'm sitting here, posting from my phone, waiting for the Gunny Jrs. to get in to see the allergist. He's running an hour to an hour and a half behind. We could reschedule but they don't have school and I already took work off.

Such is life.

Gunny
01-16-2012, 02:02 PM
It's your brainchild.

Anyway, i'm sitting here, posting from my phone, waiting for the Gunny Jrs. to get in to see the allergist. He's running an hour to an hour and a half behind. We could reschedule but they don't have school and I already took work off.

Such is life.

He's so unsat. My boys are waiting because he doesn't have his head and ass wired? *Looks for tie-wire and lineman pliers* I can fix this.

jimnyc
01-16-2012, 02:07 PM
WTF? I just notice this thread now and it's nearing 4 pages? They do say the eyes are the first to go with old age! Or it could be the jitters from too much coffee again. I ran out of the "good stuff" again and had to resort to the free mixed boxes they send with orders. This was called "Sumatran Reserve - Extra Bold". It snuck up on me like vodka. Thought it just tasted bad, but now I'm watching my fingers shake as I aim for the keys on my keyboard. That shit is going in the garbage, tastes like Starbucks nasty coffee. So now I'm sipping some strong caffeinated tea, British of course! :coffee2::coffee2::hyper:

Gunny
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
WTF? I just notice this thread now and it's nearing 4 pages? They do say the eyes are the first to go with old age! Or it could be the jitters from too much coffee again. I ran out of the "good stuff" again and had to resort to the free mixed boxes they send with orders. This was called "Sumatran Reserve - Extra Bold". It snuck up on me like vodka. Thought it just tasted bad, but now I'm watching my fingers shake as I aim for the keys on my keyboard. That shit is going in the garbage, tastes like Starbucks nasty coffee. So now I'm sipping some strong caffeinated tea, British of course! :coffee2::coffee2::hyper:

Uh huh. Dipping into the "Sumatran Reserve" eh? That crap will make even ME bounce.

Jess
01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
He's so unsat. My boys are waiting because he doesn't have his head and ass wired? *Looks for tie-wire and lineman pliers* I can fix this.

We're in the exam room now. The boys are doing spectacular, of course. The nurse told them to stand up straight n they snapped to attention. Lol!

Jess
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM

Ooooooh! I need to get some of that.

jimnyc
01-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Uh huh. Dipping into the "Sumatran Reserve" eh? That crap will make even ME bounce.

I don't even have the first clue as to where the hell that is either. But I do know there coffee is horrible, and I think made partly with jet fuel!! :hyper:

Abbey Marie
01-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Uhuh. Starbucks Sumatran Extra bold is my fave. I make it almost every day. In fact, I am stockpiling three bags of it as we speak!

Gunny
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't even have the first clue as to where the hell that is either. But I do know there coffee is horrible, and I think made partly with jet fuel!! :hyper:

It's in Malaysia somewhere.. And their coffee sucks. Guess what you'll drink on deployment.

Gunny
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Uhuh. Starbucks Sumatran Extra bold is my fave. I make it almost every day. In fact, I am stockpiling three bags of it as we speak!

You're in trouble.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Oh, and Green Mountain Coffee's Lake and Lodge blend. Though that may be because we always get that on our Maine vacation from the little old rustic grocer/gift shop in the village. And often drink it by the lake behind our lodge, lol. The atmosphere has an effect... :cool:

Abbey Marie
01-16-2012, 02:31 PM

What else is new? :laugh2:

Jess
01-16-2012, 02:31 PM

Can I have some of that coffee? Please, please, please?

Gunny
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Can I have some of that coffee? Please, please, please?

No.:no:

Jess
01-16-2012, 02:45 PM
No.:no:

You never let me have any fun. Always so busy telling me what I'm busy doin' ...

Gunny
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM
You never let me have any fun. Always so busy telling me what I'm busy doin' ...

Your douche-noodle cat jst bit me. I'm sure he wasn' expecting the scowl he got in return.

I KNOW what you're busy doing when you have coffee. It's called flapping your gums in layman's terms.

Jess
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Your douche-noodle cat jst bit me. I'm sure he wasn' expecting the scowl he got in return.

I KNOW what you're busy doing when you have coffee. It's called flapping your gums in layman's terms.

Oh, now he's MY cat, huh? What were you doing to poor innocent Marvin?

And you normally don't complain about my mouth moving that fast.:cool:

ConHog
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Hmmm, wife just called she's done for the day (has a trial starting tomorrow else she would have been off today) says she has something special for me to repay me for the salt tea. I skeered.

Abbey Marie
01-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Hmmm, wife just called she's done for the day (has a trial starting tomorrow else she would have been off today) says she has something special for me to repay me for the salt tea. I skeered.

Payback's a *****

;)

ConHog
01-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Payback's a *****

;)

Really we're to the point that we don't know who is paying back whom. LOL she's got something planned. I know it. I'm sitting in my chair with my back to the wall, just in case.

chloe
01-17-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm already burned out of school:laugh2:

Gunny
01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Oh, now he's MY cat, huh? What were you doing to poor innocent Marvin?

And you normally don't complain about my mouth moving that fast.:cool:

It's all about what you're focussing on though ....

Jess
01-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Uh oh.

Gaffer's really gonna have to write your papers now.;)

So, today we have freezing rain, temps dropping (we made it up to 50 yesterday so all the snow could melt and make a muddy, mucky mess), possibly a bit of snow and then the temps back up for the weekend. Yay.:waaaah:

Gaffer
01-17-2012, 05:35 PM

Your just not use to all the studying and research. It will get better.

I'll just brush off my ghost writing keyboard here.

Gaffer
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Got woke up about 5 am this morning to a roaring thunderstorm. Then about mid morning it started again. Thought I had slept through till June.

chloe
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Got woke up about 5 am this morning to a roaring thunderstorm. Then about mid morning it started again. Thought I had slept through till June.

I wish it was June ;)

Gaffer
01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
I wish it was June ;)

Me too. My favorite month. ;)

chloe
01-18-2012, 09:49 AM
............. fPPOo2JIXtc

Jess
01-18-2012, 09:53 AM

It looked like y'all were gonna get hammered. Bummer.

It was a balmy 7 degrees here when I took the gelflings to school this morning. Ugh. Most of the snow melted and turned to mud or ice. Ah, well. It will change, right?;)

Jess
01-18-2012, 09:54 AM
How is Miss Chloe feeling today? Better?

chloe
01-18-2012, 09:58 AM
How is Miss Chloe feeling today? Better?

Yeah how are you?

Jess
01-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah how are you?

All clean and shiny from my shower, getting ready to head to work soon.

Cleaning out a storage room in the basement of my clients' house, then moving the stuff from there to a garage a block or so away. This room probably hasn't been cleaned out in 20 years or so.

chloe
01-18-2012, 10:04 AM

Cleaning out a storage room in the basement of my clients' house, then moving the stuff from there to a garage a block or so away. This room probably hasn't been cleaned out in 20 years or so.

what state do you live in ?

Jess
01-18-2012, 10:05 AM
what state do you live in ?

The communist state of IL. :rolleyes:

It's butt-cold here right now, btw.

chloe
01-18-2012, 10:12 AM

Oh yeah I imagine so :freezing:

Jess
01-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Oh yeah I imagine so :freezing:

It's not so bad if there is some snow but our snow pretty much melted.

We're off to work. See ya later, Chloe. :)

Thunderknuckles
01-18-2012, 10:26 AM

I used to fly out to Chicago on business trips a few years back. Never forget how cold that place was for my sissy SoCal butt. I typically walked down the Magnificent Mile on my way to the office and it always shocked me to see joggers out in tank tops and shorts while I was bundled up from head to toe. I'm convinced that all those years spent in that climate has genetically altered "you people" :p

Abbey Marie
01-18-2012, 03:53 PM

Are you a decorator, Jess?

ConHog
01-18-2012, 05:03 PM
I think this should be called the shit/shart thread.

So, the sweet tea payback came this morning. Got up got ready to go for my morning run, wife is snickering, dummy me ignores her and puts my shoes on, turns out shoes were filled with chocolate pudding. Yuck.

KarlMarx
01-18-2012, 08:20 PM
I never did get what I really wanted for Christmas
Oh, what was that?
My own server with root access....

chloe
01-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh, what was that?

Don't feel bad neither did JimNyc. :laugh2:

ConHog
01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh, what was that?

would you let this server play with your root?

chloe
01-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Yesterday my teacher went on and on about her lactating breasts in class, she nursed her child until he was 4 and a half years old w00t????????????????????????

One of the students kept on asking the teacher questions about it while the rest of us shifted around uncomfortably:laugh2:

Jess
01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Yesterday my teacher went on and on about her lactating breasts in class, she nursed her child until he was 4 and a half years old w00t????????????????????????

One of the students kept on asking the teacher questions about it while the rest of us shifted around uncomfortably:laugh2:

That's a bit much and i'm very pro-nursing. A year or slightly more is tops, IMO.

Unless there is a special needs issue and that helps a child who retains the mind of an infant. That could be an exception.

Jess
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Waiting for the moving guys to get here and move the big heavy bookshelves. I get to tell them what to do and where to put stuff.

And see if they have better arms than Gunny. Not likely.:cool:

chloe
01-19-2012, 01:52 PM
That's a bit much and i'm very pro-nursing. A year or slightly more is tops, IMO.

Unless there is a special needs issue and that helps a child who retains the mind of an infant. That could be an exception.

It was just odd for the class I think:laugh2:

she also told us how a family stranded in a blizzard was saved by a womans lactating breasts and then implied all women she have them because u never know when you might need the food source.

Gaffer
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM
It was just odd for the class I think:laugh2:

she also told us how a family stranded in a blizzard was saved by a womans lactating breasts and then implied all women she have them because u never know when you might need the food source.

I do see one problem with this. You need to feed the food source. :laugh:

chloe
01-19-2012, 06:50 PM
I do see one problem with this. You need to feed the food source. :laugh:

She has alot of funny stories but when she tells them she says them in a serious fashion.

She said they were in a car for 3 days on that blizzard thing. :laugh2:

I like her and the class.

Binky
01-20-2012, 02:48 PM
I've just arrived home Wednesday, after a two week stay in the hospital. Damn, I hate that. And the food sucks. I wasn't in need of losing weight when I went in, but came out with 10 lbs. gone anyway. Now I'm trying to get my sea legs back. Can no longer carry in the wood we need just to make it thru to the next day, so my daughter has to come and do it for me. Bugs the heck out of me as I am not one to sit on my keister while someone else is doing my work for me. Drives me crazy. Still..........I can't do it yet. Don't have the body strength or stamina. So it'll be awhile before I can do that sort of thing again. Grrr...... :bang3:

Binky
01-20-2012, 03:01 PM

Yakking about it in class seems a tad inappropriate to me. Not professionsal. But then, that's just me. Anyway, I nursed my son until he grew two teeth and bit me. That was it. I didn't nurse my daughter as my hubby was then out of the military, home and we were trying to get our lives settled down. Just too much going on at that time.

Gaffer
01-20-2012, 03:54 PM
I've just arrived home Wednesday, after a two week stay in the hospital. Damn, I hate that. And the food sucks. I wasn't in need of losing weight when I went in, but came out with 10 lbs. gone anyway. Now I'm trying to get my sea legs back. Can no longer carry in the wood we need just to make it thru to the next day, so my daughter has to come and do it for me. Bugs the heck out of me as I am not one to sit on my keister while someone else is doing my work for me. Drives me crazy. Still..........I can't do it yet. Don't have the body strength or stamina. So it'll be awhile before I can do that sort of thing again. Grrr...... :bang3:

Sorry to hear you were sick. I know how you feel about not being able to do the things you use too. It's still the case for me in a lot of things, especially carrying things.

ConHog
01-20-2012, 06:17 PM

There is NO shame in depending on family when one can't do for themselves for medical reasons. Also , it is amazing what a man, or a woman, will do for his loved ones, that he NEVER thought he could do.

chloe
01-20-2012, 06:58 PM

Geez Boo what was wrong that you were there for 2 weeks?

How's the husband doing now?

chloe
01-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Yakking about it in class seems a tad inappropriate to me. Not professionsal. But then, that's just me. Anyway, I nursed my son until he grew two teeth and bit me. That was it. I didn't nurse my daughter as my hubby was then out of the military, home and we were trying to get our lives settled down. Just too much going on at that time.

Todays topic for her was :Female Circumsion :laugh:

chloe
01-21-2012, 12:14 AM
I made lemon box iced pie it's about 10,000 calories YUMMMM:laugh2:

Jess
01-21-2012, 10:16 AM
I made lemon box iced pie it's about 10,000 calories YUMMMM:laugh2:

I can work that off ... what time is it gonna be ready to eat?

krisy
01-21-2012, 10:27 AM
We woke up to ice everywhere here in Cincinnati. We are supposed to go to my big bro's house tonight for his birthday so I hope the roads are cleared by then. I havent seen a salt truck yet,and the roads are completely iced(at least our street is). Not sure how the main roads are ,but judging from all the cancellations on the news,I'm assuming they aren't good.

Jess
01-21-2012, 10:28 AM

:wtf:

If this topic also is from personal experience, that's WAY too much info.

Jess
01-21-2012, 10:31 AM
We woke up to ice everywhere here in Cincinnati. We are supposed to go to my big bro's house tonight for his birthday so I hope the roads are cleared by then. I havent seen a salt truck yet,and the roads are completely iced(at least our street is). Not sure how the main roads are ,but judging from all the cancellations on the news,I'm assuming they aren't good.

Ewwwww ... ice is bad.

We were supposed to get a few inches of snow the past couple days and got only a few flurries. Bummer.

Jess
01-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Are you a decorator, Jess?

No, Abbey. People would definitely not pay me to decorate their homes.

They do however pay me to help them do just about anything/everything else.

I do a lot of outside work - lawn, garden, landscaping - type stuff when the season is right. There is also a need for a general "girl Friday" person where I work. Most of my clients are in their 70s or 80s and have me do all kinds of stuff that they cannot do or is difficult for them to do.

It's really enjoyable (most of the time) since there is always something different. I could be painting, doing laundry, cleaning, stripping wallpaper (past two days), dog-sitting, driving my client to different places, putting things together, cleaning out old attics/basements/garages, organizing ... whatever.

My usual response is that I'll do anything I get paid for, barring the illegal and immoral and perhaps some of those if the price is right. ;)

krisy
01-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Ewwwww ... ice is bad.

We were supposed to get a few inches of snow the past couple days and got only a few flurries. Bummer.

They kept predicting snow here too and we didn't get any. It's miserable to drive in,but it is pretty and brightens things up.

Now I need to go let my dogs back out and hope they don't break thier legs going down the back porch stairs! Also,hoping the neighbors lab isn't out,since my golden/shepard mix hates him and he got into our garbage a few days ago and dragged it everywhere!! They are nice people tho,so it's hard to get mad. At the same time,their dogs get out all the time and they are very cashual about catching them.

After letting the dogs out,I am off to clean my basement which my son and several of his buddies hang out in every weekend and play X BOX and PS3 until their thumbs are raw.

Exciting huh? :)

Jess
01-21-2012, 11:16 AM
They kept predicting snow here too and we didn't get any. It's miserable to drive in,but it is pretty and brightens things up.

Now I need to go let my dogs back out and hope they don't break thier legs going down the back porch stairs! Also,hoping the neighbors lab isn't out,since my golden/shepard mix hates him and he got into our garbage a few days ago and dragged it everywhere!! They are nice people tho,so it's hard to get mad. At the same time,their dogs get out all the time and they are very cashual about catching them.

After letting the dogs out,I am off to clean my basement which my son and several of his buddies hang out in every weekend and play X BOX and PS3 until their thumbs are raw.

Exciting huh? :)

If it has to be cold, there should be snow. That's just the way it's supposed to be, right?

It's hard to talk to nice people about their unmannerly dogs but ultimately, that behavior gets worse and could pose a risk to the dog, to other dogs (like yours) and perhaps even humans. Can you talk to your neighbors about it from a safety point of view? Tell them you're concerned the dogs might get hit/taken in/shot/etc?

As to the exciting day - I've got a load of laundry in, just created a YouTube account (can't remember the stuff for my old one), have to go pay my phone bill and get groceries and supplies later today. Whee! :cool:

chloe
01-21-2012, 11:16 AM
My oldest daughter called this morning and said that nobody has heard or seen my ex husband in several days and now people are looking for him and worried.

He has a law office and his secretaries haven't seen him either.

Jess
01-21-2012, 11:23 AM
My oldest daughter called this morning and said that nobody has heard or seen my ex husband in several days and now people are looking for him and worried.

He has a law office and his secretaries haven't seen him either.

Oh, wow, Chloe. That's not cool. Apparently this behavior is not normal for him?

chloe
01-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Oh, wow, Chloe. That's not cool. Apparently this behavior is not normal for him?

well it is normal for he to be gone and not check in at least when I was married to him, but it's not normal for him to not show up to his own law office.

krisy
01-21-2012, 11:35 AM
If it has to be cold, there should be snow. That's just the way it's supposed to be, right?

It's hard to talk to nice people about their unmannerly dogs but ultimately, that behavior gets worse and could pose a risk to the dog, to other dogs (like yours) and perhaps even humans. Can you talk to your neighbors about it from a safety point of view? Tell them you're concerned the dogs might get hit/taken in/shot/etc?

As to the exciting day - I've got a load of laundry in, just created a YouTube account (can't remember the stuff for my old one), have to go pay my phone bill and get groceries and supplies later today. Whee! :cool:

It's been going on for years. The lab has allready been hit by a car. I remember we were laying in bed and watching tv and hearing the car tires screech and hit him. It was 11:30 or 12 midnight. I knew as soon as I heard the screech of the tires that it was the dog. They installed an electric fence and then proceeded to hardly ever put the collar on the dog! The mom claims shes watching them when they go out now and apologized for the garbage incident. I suspect hes been back over tho. Tough thing is,I have to check the whole back yard before I let my dogs out because my Aussie and him get along but the shepard has beat the crap out of him when he's gone out to find him in our yard.

While your at the store, I do have a list if your interested, heehee

Jess
01-21-2012, 11:43 AM
well it is normal for he to be gone and not check in at least when I was married to him, but it's not normal for him to not show up to his own law office.

Hopefully, he's well and just laid up in bed with a cold or something.

Jess
01-21-2012, 11:45 AM
It's been going on for years. The lab has allready been hit by a car. I remember we were laying in bed and watching tv and hearing the car tires screech and hit him. It was 11:30 or 12 midnight. I knew as soon as I heard the screech of the tires that it was the dog. They installed an electric fence and then proceeded to hardly ever put the collar on the dog! The mom claims shes watching them when they go out now and apologized for the garbage incident. I suspect hes been back over tho. Tough thing is,I have to check the whole back yard before I let my dogs out because my Aussie and him get along but the shepard has beat the crap out of him when he's gone out to find him in our yard.

That's too bad. The animal shouldn't suffer because of the people's unwillingness to care for him properly. Then again, some animals are very difficult.

While your at the store, I do have a list if your interested, heehee

Hah! I have three ... no, more like four growing boys and a 25 lb cat. I spend a fortune in just food.:laugh:

chloe
01-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Hopefully, he's well and just laid up in bed with a cold or something.

No she lives with him and he hasnt been home but I suspect he's laid up at one of his honeys home :laugh2:

Jess
01-21-2012, 11:52 AM
No she lives with him and he hasnt been home but I suspect he's laid up at one of his honeys home :laugh2:

Ah, well then, he's on his own.

I was just thinking that some people have all the luck but didn't really want to say that if he was hurt or something. :laugh:

chloe
01-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Ah, well then, he's on his own.

I was just thinking that some people have all the luck but didn't really want to say that if he was hurt or something. :laugh:

I know he's my ex and my adult daughter and the secretaries are al worried, but in the back of my mind all I could think was he met a new honey and his cell phone is dead.

He's really self-centered, but he does usually at least check in with his own office.

Jess
01-21-2012, 12:00 PM
I know he's my ex and my adult daughter and the secretaries are al worried, but in the back of my mind all I could think was he met a new honey and his cell phone is dead.

He's really self-centered, but he does usually at least check in with his own office.

I know that type. :rolleyes:

Jess
01-21-2012, 12:05 PM
So whatcha doin' today, Chloe-girl? Got Gaffer writing some papers for you? ;)

chloe
01-21-2012, 12:06 PM
So whatcha doin' today, Chloe-girl? Got Gaffer writing some papers for you? ;)

LOL no

I am going to the sundance film festival later today.

How about you?

Jess
01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
LOL no

I am going to the sundance film festival later today.

How about you?

Oh, run a couple errands but that's about it. This week was pretty strenuous and next week will be more so.

My sister and I were stripping yesterday. My back and legs are sore. :laugh:

We're stripping wallpaper from a room that was done in '65, I think. I started cleaning the glue off the walls, then we have to prepare the room - patching, caulking, etc, then paint. I'll be doing that for four days next week, working the other day in a basement, moving and sorting through stuff that is at least 30 years old. BUT I'll get to go through pictures from a hundred years plus - those are awesome.

chloe
01-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Oh, run a couple errands but that's about it. This week was pretty strenuous and next week will be more so.

My sister and I were stripping yesterday. My back and legs are sore. :laugh:

We're stripping wallpaper from a room that was done in '65, I think. I started cleaning the glue off the walls, then we have to prepare the room - patching, caulking, etc, then paint. I'll be doing that for four days next week, working the other day in a basement, moving and sorting through stuff that is at least 30 years old. BUT I'll get to go through pictures from a hundred years plus - those are awesome.

Was there video footage of this?

Sir Evil wanted me to ask:rolleyes:

Jess
01-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Was there video footage of this?

Sir Evil wanted me to ask:rolleyes:

Uh huh. Sir Evil did, huh? He's in trouble. :slap:

Oh wait - he might like that. Hmmmm ....

Jess
01-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Just found this ... :laugh:

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5010/databsod.gif (http://www.squidoo.com/funny-animated-gifs)

chloe
01-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Uh huh. Sir Evil did, huh? He's in trouble. :slap:

Oh wait - he might like that. Hmmmm ....

I think shadow should give him a whipping :cool:

Jess
01-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I think shadow should give him a whipping :cool:

A woman greets her husband at the door - "Do you know what I found under our 15 yr old son's bed?!?" and hands him a S&M magazine.

The man says "Whatever you do - DON'T SPANK HIM!" http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

chloe
01-21-2012, 02:55 PM
A woman greets her husband at the door - "Do you know what I found under our 15 yr old son's bed?!?" and hands him a S&M magazine.

The man says "Whatever you do - DON'T SPANK HIM!" http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

:laugh:

well I think shadow SHOULD spank sir evil hehehe I havent seena good flick in a while WINK

Jess
01-21-2012, 02:56 PM

well I think shadow SHOULD spank sir evil hehehe I havent seena good flick in a while WINK

Guess they gotta be on at the same time tho ... slackers.

chloe
01-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Guess they gotta be on at the same time tho ... slackers.

I wanna do a, "if the men at do were gay who would make a great couple thread" :rolleyes:

Jess
01-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I wanna do a, "if the men at do were gay who would make a great couple thread" :rolleyes:

Good luck with that.

:pokenest: much?

Gaffer
01-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Good luck with that.

:pokenest: much?

It's one of her favorite pass times.

ConHog
01-21-2012, 06:11 PM

I call dibs on DMP. I'd make him my bitch.

:coffee:

Abbey Marie
01-21-2012, 11:03 PM
No, Abbey. People would definitely not pay me to decorate their homes.

They do however pay me to help them do just about anything/everything else.

I do a lot of outside work - lawn, garden, landscaping - type stuff when the season is right. There is also a need for a general "girl Friday" person where I work. Most of my clients are in their 70s or 80s and have me do all kinds of stuff that they cannot do or is difficult for them to do.

It's really enjoyable (most of the time) since there is always something different. I could be painting, doing laundry, cleaning, stripping wallpaper (past two days), dog-sitting, driving my client to different places, putting things together, cleaning out old attics/basements/garages, organizing ... whatever.

My usual response is that I'll do anything I get paid for, barring the illegal and immoral and perhaps some of those if the price is right. ;)

Dang, Jess. Except for the dog-sitting, I could use all of those services!

Jess
01-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Dang, Jess. Except for the dog-sitting, I could use all of those services!

The commute would be cost-prohibitive, don'tcha think? :laugh:

My main client's husband is a neurosurgeon who dearly loves his roses. His wife says he loves having a personal gardener to take care of them now.

Binky
01-22-2012, 11:17 AM
There is NO shame in depending on family when one can't do for themselves for medical reasons. Also , it is amazing what a man, or a woman, will do for his loved ones, that he NEVER thought he could do.

Yeah, I'm used to carrying in wood during winter, stacking it, shoveling snow etc. and right now, my daughter has been doing it. It's not that I am ashamed. I'm pissed at myself for letting it get to the point where I have to depend on someone else to bring in the wood to heat my hubby's and my butts. She's been running errands for us as well. Ugh....right now I feel useless. Hubs can't do anything as he has some serious health issues of his own as well.

Just the other day he commented to me saying, "well, baby, remember 40 years ago we said we were going to grow old together? Well, we're now growing old together." And then he slowly, yet lovingly turned, took me in his arms and gave me a big hug and kiss. Breaks my heart to see how frail he has gotten over the last couple of years as my man was always strong as an ox and could lift mountains.

Still..............it is what it is........we're growing old together. And next Oct. we'll be celebrating our 46 anniversary and still counting, God willing.

Jess
01-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I'm used to carrying in wood during winter, stacking it, shoveling snow etc. and right now, my daughter has been doing it. It's not that I am ashamed. I'm pissed at myself for letting it get to the point where I have to depend on someone else to bring in the wood to heat my hubby's and my butts. She's been running errands for us as well. Ugh....right now I feel useless. Hubs can't do anything as he has some serious health issues of his own as well.

Just the other day he commented to me saying, "well, baby, remember 40 years ago we said we were going to grow old together? Well, we're now growing old together." And then he slowly, yet lovingly turned, took me in his arms and gave me a big hug and kiss. Breaks my heart to see how frail he has gotten over the last couple of years as my man was always strong as an ox and could lift mountains.

Still..............it is what it is........we're growing old together. And next Oct. we'll be celebrating our 46 anniversary and still counting, God willing.

Kudos to you for being with the same person for 46 years and not being incarcerated for doing him in. :laugh:

Seriously, that's what it's about - being by someone's side and having them by yours as well. A partner.

Oh, and that's what kids are for - to take care of you when you can't do for yourself. Just like you did for them when they were too young to care for themselves.

Binky
01-22-2012, 11:28 AM

I thought you were taking classes to become a chef......Am I missing something here???? Or have I gotten you changed ciriculums?????

Binky
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Kudos to you for being with the same person for 46 years and not being incarcerated for doing him in. :laugh:

Seriously, that's what it's about - being by someone's side and having them by yours as well. A partner.

Oh, and that's what kids are for - to take care of you when you can't do for yourself. Just like you did for them when they were too young to care for themselves.

I wouldn't exactly say I'm the same person I was when I married him. For one thing, I'm no longer a 19 year old. But then, come to think of it, on many occasions, I can still feel that girl in me trying to squeeze her way back out to let me know she hasn't left me. And when I feel her the most is when I am buried up in music. She reaches out to me, touching my shoulder, whispering to my mind that she will be with me forever.

My daughter has been great. And if our son were still with us he would be as well.

chloe
01-22-2012, 12:13 PM
I thought you were taking classes to become a chef......Am I missing something here???? Or have I gotten you changed ciriculums?????

yeah the chef thing waa a joke I had with luna tick boo:laugh2: ..........

Binky
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
yeah the chef thing waa a joke I had with luna tick boo:laugh2: ..........

I guess I am gettin' old girlie girl. I now seem to recall you saying you were taking physc classes etc. Sorry dear. I'm not perfect and the old memory ain't what it used to be. Altho', I CAN still remember where my address is and how to arrive there. :laugh2::laugh2: And all in one piece......well........so far, so good, but life is full of surprises. And some not so much fun......
:duh5:

chloe
01-22-2012, 05:06 PM
I guess I am gettin' old girlie girl. I now seem to recall you saying you were taking physc classes etc. Sorry dear. I'm not perfect and the old memory ain't what it used to be. Altho', I CAN still remember where my address is and how to arrive there. :laugh2::laugh2: And all in one piece......well........so far, so good, but life is full of surprises. And some not so much fun......

That's ok Boo, I have alwyas been spacey as u know and I have no reason for it I just was born that way myself. :laugh:

Binky
01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
That's ok Boo, I have alwyas been spacey as u know and I have no reason for it I just was born that way myself. :laugh:

Ya know, it's been my observation throughout my many years that we all, yes, you read it correctly, we all have the gene in us to be an airhead every now and then. Why........good grief, even our politicians have experienced it on more than one occasion creating those infamous :duh5: moments. :laugh2: :laugh2:

chloe
01-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Ya know, it's been my observation throughout my many years that we all, yes, you read it correctly, we all have the gene in us to be an airhead every now and then. Why........good grief, even our politicians have experienced it on more than one occasion creating those infamous :duh5: moments. :laugh2: :laugh2:

:laugh2: Well that is TRUE !

chloe
01-23-2012, 12:57 PM
film festival was fun, I saw a documentary called west memphis 3 about 3 teenagers falesely accused of murdering three 8yr old boys in a satanic ritual, they spent 17 yrs in prison for a crime they didn't commit.

One of them was up for the death penalty.

Gunny
01-23-2012, 01:08 PM

WHo really EVER knows what Chloe's doing?

chloe
01-23-2012, 01:12 PM

Goodness Gunny you make it sound like I'm an undercover spy:laugh2:

Gunny
01-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Goodness Gunny you make it sound like I'm an undercover spy:laugh2:

Not if your avatar is a true reflection of your actual hair and teeth.:laugh:

chloe
01-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Not if your avatar is a true reflection of your actual hair and teeth.:laugh:

Wait w00t?????

I got all my teeth Im not a redhead anymore I am blonde.

Gunny
01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Wait w00t?????

I got all my teeth Im not a redhead anymore I am blonde.

Underneath this shaved head, so am I.:laugh:

chloe
01-23-2012, 01:35 PM

I've always been spacey I daydream too much

Jess
01-24-2012, 09:53 AM

That explains a lot ... :poke:

chloe
01-24-2012, 10:26 AM
another documentary I saw was about a swedish filmmaker who was blackballed in america from showing his film on the food company dole using harmful pesticides.

It was about freedom of speech and censorship and the power a major corporation has even over independant film festival executives.

He got the swedosh parliament on his side though and they showed the film all over the country and people blogged and boycotting dole, and then finaly dole dropped there lawsuits against him.

Binky
01-24-2012, 10:51 AM

Whoever knows what any of us are actually doing, for that matter? We can peek thru the looking glass, but we may pull back in total surprise and shock, stumbling, trying to get ourselves away from the image. :wtf:

cadet
01-24-2012, 10:54 AM
This thread feels like facebook...

Oh well, Today I got a coke zero, raise the roof. (Easy A)

ConHog
01-24-2012, 12:55 PM
scratched my butt @ itchy butt.

Binky
01-24-2012, 06:30 PM

That's why it's called "chit chat."

chloe
01-24-2012, 07:20 PM
I have to do a presentation on a social national issue for school Tuesday not sure what I am going to do that on.

Shadow
01-24-2012, 07:59 PM

Apparently Johnny Depp is in town filming The Lone Ranger...how do I know this? One of my ex college roomates has been on facebook posting all of the places in town she has been stalking him at. Poor man.

PostmodernProphet
01-25-2012, 12:27 AM
/looks around.....gets confused look on face......leaves.....

fj1200
01-25-2012, 09:47 AM
I have to do a presentation on a social national issue for school Tuesday not sure what I am going to do that on.

I hear "fairness" is a hot issue these days.

chloe
01-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I hear "fairness" is a hot issue these days.

:rolleyes:

None of them talk about things that I am interested in.

Binky
01-25-2012, 03:06 PM

Speak about what you know.

chloe
01-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Speak about what you know.

How's the husband doing? Is he selling his book actively? Did you guys take on teaching that class?

krisy
01-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Well, I have a cold now that my daughter and husband are just getting over. My daughter's cough was so bad they had to put her on steroids. She was coughing NON STOP. I was up most of the night. I cannot sleep at all. I have never blown my nose so much and the body aches Friday night were fierce.

Just watched a clip of Chapelle show with my son.It was the one where black people got reparations for slavery. Hilarious!!:laugh2:

chloe
01-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Well, I have a cold now that my daughter and husband are just getting over. My daughter's cough was so bad they had to put her on steroids. She was coughing NON STOP. I was up most of the night. I cannot sleep at all. I have never blown my nose so much and the body aches Friday night were fierce.

Just watched a clip of Chapelle show with my son.It was the one where black people got reparations for slavery. Hilarious!!:laugh2:

aww that sucks I hope you feel better tomorrow

ConHog
01-29-2012, 08:29 PM

I am in agreement that every former slave should be entitled to reparations from every former slave holder.

Jess
02-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I am in agreement that every former slave should be entitled to reparations from every former slave holder.

All of the slaves and slave owners that are still alive today?

krisy
02-04-2012, 11:41 AM
All of the slaves and slave owners that are still alive today?

He's being sarcastic :coffee:

It's a funny skit. Shows a guy that went out and bought a truckload of cigs with his reparations check and black people standing in line at a pony keg to cash their rep checks cause they don't have bank accounts. Also,KFC stock goes throught the roof.

Jess
02-04-2012, 12:12 PM
He's being sarcastic :coffee:

It's a funny skit. Shows a guy that went out and bought a truckload of cigs with his reparations check and black people standing in line at a pony keg to cash their rep checks cause they don't have bank accounts. Also,KFC stock goes throught the roof.

Excellent. I haven't see that one. The black KKK leader was one of the best though.

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKd35EmCIx8

chloe
02-04-2012, 01:01 PM
What's up with all the gay bashing threads lately?

You know me and dragon have gay & bi sexual parents.

It's really nerve racking to have to read all the hate constantly.

Jess
02-04-2012, 01:06 PM

Sorry, Chloe. I was gone and people just got out of control, I guess. Dang gunkies.

How you been otherwise?

chloe
02-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Sorry, Chloe. I was gone and people just got out of control, I guess. Dang gunkies.

How you been otherwise?

I've been doing good.

My youngest has not been doing good we had blood test sdone on her yesterday.

She's been sick a while but we dont know whats wrong with her.

Jess
02-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I've been doing good.

My youngest has not been doing good we had blood test sdone on her yesterday.

She's been sick a while but we dont know whats wrong with her.

Very sorry to hear that. Frustrating when you don't know so you can't do anything. Here's hoping the tests turn up an answer that can be easily remedied. :)

chloe
02-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Frustrating when you don't know so you can't do anything. Here's hoping the tests turn up an answer that can be easily remedied. :)

Thanks Jess.

How are you and hows the fam?

Jess
02-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks Jess.

How are you and hows the fam?

Well, I finally got rid of my cold/sinus junk. I gave it to Gunny. Seemed like the thing to do. :laugh:

It's his own fault. Told him to leave me alone while I was sick. Now he's laying on the couch so I can take care of him. :rolleyes:

chloe
02-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, I finally got rid of my cold/sinus junk. I gave it to Gunny. Seemed like the thing to do. :laugh:

It's his own fault. Told him to leave me alone while I was sick. Now he's laying on the couch so I can take care of him. :rolleyes:

aww does he have a snuggly blanky and are you fixing him soupy?

Jess
02-04-2012, 01:26 PM
aww does he have a snuggly blanky and are you fixing him soupy?

I'm a totally mommy.

He gets tucked in when he's cold, fixed whatever he wants, snuggled to sleep ... he's so freakin' spoiled it's not even funny.

chloe
02-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm a totally mommy.

He gets tucked in when he's cold, fixed whatever he wants, snuggled to sleep ... he's so freakin' spoiled it's not even funny.

I am too I love to spoil my man when I have one:laugh2:

Jess
02-04-2012, 01:47 PM
I am too I love to spoil my man when I have one:laugh2:

:beer:

Keep em spoiled and happy.

chloe
02-04-2012, 01:56 PM
:beer:

Keep em spoiled and happy.

Men are cute when they are sick,they are like little babies.:laugh:

Jess
02-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Men are cute when they are sick,they are like little babies.:laugh:

Sometimes they're cuter than others but love is blind, right? And dumb and ... well, you get the idea.:cool:

Jess
02-04-2012, 03:40 PM
*sigh*

I didn't get any good chocolate when I was at the store a little while ago and now I really want some. 3248

krisy
02-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Excellent. I haven't see that one. The black KKK leader was one of the best though.

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKd35EmCIx8

Oh my gosh! The Nigga family had us laughing so hard we were crying the first time we saw it. A classic!!!

Jess
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Yup. Chappelle did it well, in the tradition of Blazing Saddles, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka and Don't Be a Menace. We'd never get away with it. :cool:

ConHog
02-05-2012, 01:36 PM

OCA is obviously having an identity crisis, just let him work through it. :laugh2:

Jess
02-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I finally have a day off work - kids are in school and Gunny's working.
What am I supposed to do? :unsure:

So I've listened to lots of music and posted some of it. :joy4:

krisy
02-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I finally have a day off work - kids are in school and Gunny's working.
What am I supposed to do? :unsure:

So I've listened to lots of music and posted some of it. :joy4:

Take a well deserved nap and watch tv while you have it to yourself!!! Maybe a bubble bath?

Jess
02-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Take a well deserved nap and watch tv while you have it to yourself!!! Maybe a bubble bath?

The tv has been on. I've been on the computer. Such a wild woman, huh?

Just being able to listen to music and relax has been pretty nice. :cool:

CSM
02-08-2012, 10:22 AM
So I am taking my bride to Vegas next week. It's our annual anniversary/Valentines trip. Looking forward to the time off.

chloe
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Life has been tough lately, sometimes I am not sure how to cope.

Jess
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
So I am taking my bride to Vegas next week. It's our annual anniversary/Valentines trip. Looking forward to the time off.

Good for you, CSM! I've heard Vegas can be very fun. Have a ball for us, k?

Jess
02-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Life has been tough lately, sometimes I am not sure how to cope.

It will be ok, Chloe. :hug99:

Life isn't perfect but it beats the alternative.

Jess
02-09-2012, 06:07 PM
I had to polish aged wood for 3 hours today.

ConHog: hush

Jimmy: quit giggling and wipe the coffee off your screen

Abbey: it really isn't as bad as it sounds ;)

One of my clients has a home that was built by a "lumber baron" and it has wooden walls. There are actually trimmed squares all over the living room walls, built-in bookshelves and a large fireplace as well. Everything is gorgeous. Anyhoo, he had the hardwood floors refinished a couple weeks ago and therefore - lots of dust all over the boxes on the wall. Hence me polishing wood today. :happy0203:

fj1200
02-09-2012, 11:10 PM

Great, now I have wood flooring ads popping up... Never mind, beats the alternative. :thumb:

ConHog
02-09-2012, 11:25 PM

ConHog: hush

Jimmy: quit giggling and wipe the coffee off your screen

Abbey: it really isn't as bad as it sounds ;)

One of my clients has a home that was built by a "lumber baron" and it has wooden walls. There are actually trimmed squares all over the living room walls, built-in bookshelves and a large fireplace as well. Everything is gorgeous. Anyhoo, he had the hardwood floors refinished a couple weeks ago and therefore - lots of dust all over the boxes on the wall. Hence me polishing wood today. :happy0203:

What you and Gunny do in the privacy of your own home is none of our business. :coffee:

Jess
02-11-2012, 08:52 AM
What you and Gunny do in the privacy of your own home is none of our business. :coffee:

Heck, I'm bragging on him. Whooda thunk a feller of his advanced age could hang in there like that? Not sure if that's just a Marine thing or that they used to grow em right a couple generations ago. :joy4:

Jess
02-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Great, now I have wood flooring ads popping up... Never mind, beats the alternative. :thumb:

That's why we love Ad Block Plus. ;)

And yes, it is better than the alternative. If I log in on my phone, the ads always reflect the content of the threads. Ugh.

Jess
02-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Gunny's out in the garage ... with the gelflings ... I can hear the saw, hammers, etc. intermittently. I'm very worried about what they may be up to.

But not enough to get off of Gunny's computer (that works at least 500% better than mine) and go check. They'll be in if there is a broken bone or blood spurting out in time with somebody's heartbeat, right? :unsure:

Jess
02-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Ok, well, that didn't take long.:rolleyes:

Guess which one walks in, dripping blood from his hand to the floor? Yep - the biggest kid I have here. The Marine.

Drove a nail into his palm. Brilliant. And I'm so sympathetic ... laughed and called him a pansy while I cleaned it up and put a camo band-aid on it.

Middle kid got points though, cuz when Gunny's hand started to bleed, he offered to go get the duct tape to put on it. That's my boy! :laugh:

Jess
02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Lol!

Gunny's going over social studies with one of the gelflings.:eek:

Neo
02-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Lol!

Gunny's going over social studies with one of the gelflings.:eek:

That's good news for you doll! They stand a chance of having a clue about reality if Gunny's on the job. I have to constantlly quiz my kids on history and currrent events and o ther stuff because they don't these kids anything other than how to put a condom on a cucumber. Imagine the trauma that must cause the little girls when the next step in the process is described, but that's a story for another day, lol! That and how they have to cope with their disappointment later in life, but I digress again.

My 15 year old actually told me ( and believed up until that day) that his history taught them that the American flag design was adopted from the drawing of Old Glory submitted by a kindergarten student in a contest. I kid you not, he was serious. After I recovered from the severe cramps I developed from laughing so hard my guts knotted up, I set the lad straight.

The wife won't let me have a chat with the boys teacher, she says I'm too direct and I might offend her. The woman is making a stone cold idiot out of my boy and I should worry about offending her? Oy Vay.....:drama:

Pa-LEASE!

Jess
02-16-2012, 09:54 AM
That's good news for you doll! They stand a chance of having a clue about reality if Gunny's on the job. I have to constantlly quiz my kids on history and currrent events and o ther stuff because they don't these kids anything other than how to put a condom on a cucumber. Imagine the trauma that must cause the little girls when the next step in the process is described, but that's a story for another day, lol! That and how they have to cope with their disappointment later in life, but I digress again.

My 15 year old actually told me ( and believed up until that day) that his history taught them that the American flag design was adopted from the drawing of Old Glory submitted by a kindergarten student in a contest. I kid you not, he was serious. After I recovered from the severe cramps I developed from laughing so hard my guts knotted up, I set the lad straight.

The wife won't let me have a chat with the boys teacher, she says I'm too direct and I might offend her. The woman is making a stone cold idiot out of my boy and I should worry about offending her? Oy Vay.....:drama:

Pa-LEASE!

I've heard tales that Gunny had "talks" with his daughter's teacher. While in uniform. If I could have been a fly on the wall ... :cool:

CSM
02-16-2012, 10:02 AM
LOL! I had a teacher (youngest son) who was going to teach my son how to be a "man", with or without his parent's consent. I went and visited said teacher (in uniform but that is beside the point) and had a "discussion" regarding his version of "man" and mine. Striking comparisons to be sure. Eventually, we both came away with an understanding; the understanding was that if he (the teacher) persisted in trying to convince my son he (my son) was homosexual that I would in no uncertain terms terminate his (the teacher's) constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness. Said teacher was eventually forced into another line of work when caught molesting little boys.

Jess
02-16-2012, 10:05 AM
LOL! I had a teacher (youngest son) who was going to teach my son how to be a "man", with or without his parent's consent. I went and visited said teacher (in uniform but that is beside the point) and had a "discussion" regarding his version of "man" and mine. Striking comparisons to be sure. Eventually, we both came away with an understanding; the understanding was that if he (the teacher) persisted in trying to convince my son he (my son) was homosexual that I would in no uncertain terms terminate his (the teacher's) constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness. Said teacher was eventually forced into another line of work when caught molesting little boys.

The uniform has impact. And I would imagine that it is intimidating. Not that any of y'all would appreciate that. :cool:

CSM
02-16-2012, 10:07 AM
The uniform has impact. And I would imagine that it is intimidating. Not that any of y'all would appreciate that. :cool:

I was in uniform because I left work as soon as I heard about it.

Gunny
02-16-2012, 10:08 AM

Oddly enough, went through the same. Girl A hits Girl B (my daughter -- then practicer of the fine art of karate) and girl A got clocked. My daughter got suspended. I dropped by on my way to work with my daughter and informed the counselor that I didn't give a damned what their rules were. One, it happened after school off school grounds. Two, you may have guess by the uniform I have on I WILL NOT tell my daughter to not defend herself.

There was some hemming, hawing and posturing, but the aforementioned daughter was immediately readmitted to class.

CSM
02-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Oddly enough, went through the same. Girl A hits Girl B (my daughter -- then practicer of the fine art of karate) and girl A got clocked. My daughter got suspended. I dropped by on my way to work with my daughter and informed the counselor that I didn't give a damned what their rules were. One, it happened after school off school grounds. Two, you may have guess by the uniform I have on I WILL NOT tell my daughter to not defend herself.

There was some hemming, hawing and posturing, but the aforementioned daughter was immediately readmitted to class.

Once again, sounds like the situation was handled appropriately!

Abbey Marie
02-16-2012, 10:11 AM
What would life be without chocolate? Hard to contemplate...

CSM
02-16-2012, 10:13 AM

Who would notice? Bacon on the other hand ...

fj1200
02-16-2012, 10:23 AM

Who would notice? Bacon on the other hand ...

I know where you two can get a maple-bacon, chocolate-covered, caramel apple. :)

Jess
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM

What sort of sacrilege are you talking about, Abbey? :eek:

Jess
02-16-2012, 11:09 PM
I know where you two can get a maple-bacon, chocolate-covered, caramel apple. :)
I have to be honest - that actually sounds good.

Jess
02-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Spike tv - Deadliest Warrior: U.S. Army Rangers vs. North Korean Special Operations Forces.

Very interesting.

Edit: Rangers won but just barely. The head smash he gave the NCSOF guy in hand-to-hand was pretty cool.

SassyLady
02-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Why would anyone even want to? :(

Jess
02-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Why would anyone even want to? :(

Just to get that thought out of our collective minds ...

CSM
02-17-2012, 08:07 AM
Just to get that thought out of our collective minds ...

Hmmm ... chocolate covered woomens ... have to go contemplate that for a bit.

Jess
02-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Equal opportunity for the chickies here:

LOL! Almost forgot my former avatar elsewhere. Here's some contemplation material for y'all fellas ...

CSM
02-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Equal opportunity for the chickies here:

LOL! Almost forgot my former avatar elsewhere. Here's some contemplation material for y'all fellas ...

How come none of this stuff existed when I was a young stud?

Jess
02-17-2012, 10:02 AM
How come none of this stuff existed when I was a young stud?

You were just born too soon. ;)

CSM
02-17-2012, 10:08 AM
You were just born too soon. ;)

True. I always thought of myself as a man born before his time. LOL!

Jess
02-18-2012, 03:38 PM
True. I always thought of myself as a man born before his time. LOL!

Well, that too. :cool:

Jess
02-18-2012, 03:40 PM
I have a sore throat. I think the gelflings gave it to me, little rugrats.

So I'm using the one thing that usually works for me: Atomic Fireballs. They must sear my vocal chords or some nonsense like that. Whatever.

Jess
02-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Anybody else get annoyed when you walk in to use the restroom and find the cat is using the toilet so you have to wait?

RadiomanATL
02-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Gotta go play on the radio. BBIAB.

Jess
02-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Gotta go play on the radio. BBIAB.

Cya.:bye1:

ConHog
02-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Anybody else get annoyed when you walk in to use the restroom and find the cat is using the toilet so you have to wait?

You just let that pussy run your life don't you? :laugh2:

Jess
02-18-2012, 07:10 PM
You just let that pussy run your life don't you? :laugh2:

That's pretty much what they do, isn't it? Or so I've heard tell. :cool:

If it's any consolation, he's in the process of being literally toilet trained. For real.

Jess
02-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Whoo-hoo! I actually get to go shoot my BB gun.

Well, if I can pry it away from Gunny and the minions. :rolleyes:

Jess
02-29-2012, 09:24 AM
So Gunny walks in and tells me that the weather channel says the high for today is supposed to be 52 degrees.

And then they said it's 53 degrees right now. :laugh:

Fortunately, I get to be outside. Gunny has to be in the basement. :neener:

CSM
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
So Gunny walks in and tells me that the weather channel says the high for today is supposed to be 52 degrees.

And then they said it's 53 degrees right now. :laugh:

Fortunately, I get to be outside. Gunny has to be in the basement. :neener:

I hope you midwesterners aren't in the midst of the tornado carnage.

Jess
03-02-2012, 09:23 AM
I hope you midwesterners aren't in the midst of the tornado carnage.

Nope. That mess is south of us. We just had 40 mph winds for a couple days.

Rain/slushy snow the next few days then a warm-up. Who knows what after that?:laugh:

Mr. P
03-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Today my students whom I've taught and trained for almost eight weeks now told me "You remind use of Sullenberger".

I really donno what to think about that, but I am humbled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=ixUbdeXCp0M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixUbdeXCp0M)

jimnyc
03-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Today my students whom I've taught and trained for almost eight weeks now told me "You remind use of Sullenberger".

I really donno what to think about that, but I am humbled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=ixUbdeXCp0M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixUbdeXCp0M)

Sully! The man can land a plane, that's for sure. Isn't he like 90 though? :poke:

Just messin with ya, P! :coffee:

Mr. P
03-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Sully! The man can land a plane, that's for sure. Isn't he like 90 though? :poke:

Just messin with ya, P! :coffee:

You should see me try an get me walker into the bird! :laugh:

Jess
03-16-2012, 07:40 AM
You should see me try an get me walker into the bird! :laugh:

Hey, as long as you're still movin', you're doin' good, Mr. P. ;)

RadiomanATL
03-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Chillin at work.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/RadiomanATL/a244af82.jpg