PDA

View Full Version : McCain's death blow

05-18-2007, 01:43 AM
A picture of him with Ted at the conference announcing the immigration bill that is going to screw this nations over 100 times.

manu1959
05-18-2007, 02:04 AM
A picture of him with Ted at the conference announcing the immigration bill that is going to screw this nations over 100 times.

mccain: wonder if she knows

arlen: he sure looks like a murderer

teddy: i know we took baghdad faster than i got to a phone but i did the best i could

stephanie
05-18-2007, 02:08 AM
McCain.....has been selling his soul, for awhile now..

Too bad for him...

He could of been good.....at one time...

Adios Amigos..

nevadamedic
05-18-2007, 03:51 AM

Im not saying your wrong at all, that's why I gave you a rep but, You have to remember Kennedy and Mccain are Senior Senators and appear together all the time with eachoether because one is coming from one side and one on ther other. I know Seantor McCain and he hate's Kennedy and he better have a damn good reason for this or ill stop supporting him.

nevadamedic
05-18-2007, 03:54 AM

Too bad for him...

Adios Amigos..

I dissigree. He has not been selling his soul. His priority has and will always be this country. He even spent over 5 years in a Pow Camp getting tortured and beat several times a day. Then we get him home, he runs for office and again fights for the nation he loves and almost died for.

stephanie
05-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Im not saying your wrong at all, that's why I gave you a rep but, You have to remember Kennedy and McCain are Senior Senators and appear together all the time with each other because one is coming from one side and one on the other. I know Senator McCain and he hate Kennedy and he better have a damn good reason for this or ill stop supporting him.

Boy.....He better have a damn good explanation for this ....
I know his history....and I salute him for that...
But.....seeing him stand with...Kennedy, today...

If you find out something.....different....Please let us know...
Cause.....he is all over the net, and it;s not pretty...for him...

Maybe, someone needs to inform these candidates.......there is the internet??
I was disappointed with the picture of him today...

05-18-2007, 07:26 AM
I dissigree. He has not been selling his soul. His priority has and will always be this country. He even spent over 5 years in a Pow Camp getting tortured and beat several times a day. Then we get him home, he runs for office and again fights for the nation he loves and almost died for.

I have to disagree. I mean there is no doubt that he has served his country in Vietnam and suffered much because of it. That doesnt excuse his actions as a Senator though. Service in the past doesn't excuse bad behavior in the present no matter how good that service was.

GW in Ohio
05-18-2007, 07:47 AM

The thought of all those brown-skinned Mexicans getting citizenship really pisses you off, doesn't it?

05-18-2007, 08:08 AM
The thought of all those brown-skinned Mexicans getting citizenship really pisses you off, doesn't it?

do you have anything better than race baiting? Id love to see the Mexicans to get citizenship. Legally. Like everyone else.

The question is why do you care so little about the law to enforce it?

GW in Ohio
05-18-2007, 08:20 AM
do you have anything better than race baiting? Id love to see the Mexicans to get citizenship. Legally. Like everyone else.

The question is why do you care so little about the law to enforce it?

No, you don't want really to see them get citizenship.

Oh, maybe if they went back to Mexico and got in line for immigration to the US, and then when their turn came, in 4-5 years, if they showed up wearing a suit and tie with their hair slicked back, you might consider them for a conditional visa.

Screw that. They're here now, because they were desperate back home, just like the Irish and the Germans and all the others before them. They're here and they're working. Let's give them a path to citizenship and get them to start paying taxes.

And by the way, although I more or less support the compromise bill just worked out by Bush and the Senate, the provision that requires the illegals to pay $5,000 if they want to become citizens sounds a lot like extortion.

05-18-2007, 08:27 AM
No, you don't want really to see them get citizenship.

Oh, maybe if they went back to Mexico and got in line for immigration to the US, and then when their turn came, in 4-5 years, if they showed up wearing a suit and tie with their hair slicked back, you might consider them for a conditional visa.

Screw that. They're here now, because they were desperate back home, just like the Irish and the Germans and all the others before them. They're here and they're working. Let's give them a path to citizenship and get them to start paying taxes.

And by the way, although I more or less support the compromise bill just worked out by Bush and the Senate, the provision that requires the illegals to pay $5,000 if they want to become citizens sounds a lot like extortion.

Im pretty sure I know what I want. You're suggestions otherwise are insulting and unnecessary.

The fact is you've just demonstrated that you don't care at all about the truth or the rule of law. You are just a race baiter. Because you know your position is indefensible so you only have personal attacks.

gabosaurus
05-18-2007, 10:28 AM
I have to disagree. I mean there is no doubt that he has served his country in Vietnam and suffered much because of it. That doesnt excuse his actions as a Senator though. Service in the past doesn't excuse bad behavior in the present no matter how good that service was.

:clap:

5stringJeff
05-18-2007, 10:58 AM
So McCain has both barred free political speech close to election time, and has successfully pushed through amnesty for a bunch of illegals, and now he wants our vote for President?!?

OMG LOL LMAO ROTFLMFAO!!!1!!1!!!1!!one!!1

Doniston
05-18-2007, 11:04 AM

Too bad for him...

Adios Amigos.. I fully agree At one tiome, he was my first choice (except for his war-mongering)

Doniston
05-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I have to disagree. I mean there is no doubt that he has served his country in Vietnam and suffered much because of it. That doesnt excuse his actions as a Senator though. Service in the past doesn't excuse bad behavior in the present no matter how good that service was. HEAR! HEAR!

Doniston
05-18-2007, 11:09 AM

Exactly. and it won't work, they will just refuse to join in. so we would have "Status Quo"

-Cp
05-18-2007, 11:47 AM

Can someone ban this tard?

nevadamedic
05-18-2007, 01:32 PM

:clap:

glockmail
05-18-2007, 01:50 PM
The thought of all those brown-skinned Mexicans getting citizenship really pisses you off, doesn't it? There you go being an asshole again. :fu:

nevadamedic
05-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Here is the link to his website http://mccain.senate.gov/ if you click on contact you can send an email directly to him. He reads everyone personally and responds. I have sent him several emails and he has responded personally.

I just sent him an email about supporting him for years and how outraged I am that he went a long with this, and if he continues to support this bill and not taking a tougher stance on immigration he will lose my support in this election. Even if your not gonna support him you can still say it and hopefully if enough people email him it will be a wake up call!

Birdzeye
05-18-2007, 02:18 PM

Judging from the vitriolic insults hurled at you, I think you may have hit a raw nerve! :laugh2:

glockmail
05-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Here is the link to his website http://mccain.senate.gov/ if you click on contact you can send an email directly to him. He reads everyone personally and responds.....

Since you are that gullible I have a nice bridge in New York that's for sale....

glockmail
05-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Judging from the vitriolic insults hurled at you, I think you may have hit a raw nerve! :laugh2:
You bet. I can't stand being called a racist by somebody from the racist Democrat Party. :poke:

krisy
05-18-2007, 02:23 PM

Maybe because people that are in support of LEGAL immigration are tired of being called racists just because they expect people to follow the law. Has nothing to do with color at all....nothing.

glockmail
05-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Maybe because people that are in support of LEGAL immigration are tired of being called racists just because they expect people to follow the law. Has nothing to do with color at all....nothing.
Ding ding!

GW in Ohio
05-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Whoa! That your idea of free speech, bucko?

If you can't deal with robust political discourse, why don't you go find a nice quilting discussion board?

glockmail
05-18-2007, 03:04 PM

If you can't deal with robust political discourse, why don't you go find a nice quilting discussion board?

The crappyness of your recent threads doesn't exactly qualify as "robust political discourse". In fact, you've been a real asshole lately.

Abbey Marie
05-18-2007, 03:15 PM

Implying someone is racist is your idea of robust political discussion, ey?

05-18-2007, 03:21 PM

vitriolic insults? The only vitriolic insult on the threat is the one he made in accusing me of racism. which is completely unfounded.

05-18-2007, 03:22 PM

How is yelling racist because you have no legitimate argument robust political discourse? In fact, how is it discourse at all?

glockmail
05-18-2007, 03:25 PM
vitriolic insults? The only vitriolic insult on the threat is the one he made in accusing me of racism. which is completely unfounded.
If conservative then racist. Its the liberal's template. :pee:

Dilloduck
05-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Has everyone forgotten that McCain was so cozy with Kerry that he was rumored to be Kerrys' pick for VP ??????? He was dead meat then as far as I'm concerned. Being an ex POW gets one only so far. Then you actually have to do something good.

badger
05-19-2007, 02:16 AM
I was never much of a McCain supporter. I have always thought that he was a professional talking head on tv. I do not know how the people of Arizona can imagine he has the time to work on their stuff, when he appears in the media (tv and radio) so frequently. However, I am not unhappy that he might try to support or create a bill in an unpartisan way. But I disagree with this illegal alien bill. I would only vote for McCain reluctantly if he somehow got the Republican nomination.

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Here is the link to his website http://mccain.senate.gov/ if you click on contact you can send an email directly to him. He reads everyone personally and responds. I have sent him several emails and he has responded personally.

I just sent him an email about supporting him for years and how outraged I am that he went a long with this, and if he continues to support this bill and not taking a tougher stance on immigration he will lose my support in this election. Even if your not gonna support him you can still say it and hopefully if enough people email him it will be a wake up call!

I just sent him a STINGING and HEATED email. I said, "you will NOT be president Mr. McCain." Sell out mother fucker. I never did like him. He's a liberal masquerading as a conservative.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Pale,

You realize he also supports Yucca Mountain :cuckoo:

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Pale,

You realize he also supports Yucca Mountain :cuckoo:

Well Reid doesn't, and that's the only thing I agree on with Reid.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Well Reid doesn't, and that's the only thing I agree on with Reid.

Yea, but if the President does were screwed. The only thing that saved us is Ensign and Governor Quinn's(who was a joke) personal relationship with President Bush. I know two places that would be good for a nuclear waste dump, Iraq and Iran.

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Yea, but if the President does were screwed. The only thing that saved us is Ensign and Governor Quinn's(who was a joke) personal relationship with President Bush. I know two places that would be good for a nuclear waste dump, Iraq and Iran.

I don't know. Reid say's Yuka will never see nuclear waste, ever. I hope not. They can't find approved routes to ship it here even.

I don't know why we don't shoot it on a one way ride into deep space. Deep space is VERY radioactive anyway, and I can't see how it would be anymore expensive to do that. How much have we blown on Yuka so far? We probably could have fired off a dozen rockets full of waste for that money already.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I just sent him a STINGING and HEATED email. I said, "you will NOT be president Mr. McCain." Sell out mother fucker. I never did like him. He's a liberal masquerading as a conservative.

Being a veteran you have to have respect for him, he spent over 5 years on a POW camp getting beat and tortured on a daily basis.:salute:

Gaffer
05-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Being a veteran you have to have respect for him, he spent over 5 years on a POW camp getting beat and tortured on a daily basis.:salute:

I respect him for his service and time as a POW. I think he sucks as a senator and don't want him near the presidency.

5stringJeff
05-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I respect him for his service and time as a POW. I think he sucks as a senator and don't want him near the presidency.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 07:10 PM

He's been a good Senator. I have a lot of Conservative and Liberal friends in Arizona and they all think he's done a good job until recently when he started rolling over for the likes of Ted Kennedy, Harry Reid and Pelosi.

Gaffer
05-20-2007, 07:56 PM
He's been a good Senator. I have a lot of Conservative and Liberal friends in Arizona and they all think he's done a good job until recently when he started rolling over for the likes of Ted Kennedy, Harry Reid and Pelosi.

Seems like he's become their trained puppy. They say jump and he asks how high on his way up.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Has everyone forgotten that McCain was so cozy with Kerry that he was rumored to be Kerrys' pick for VP ??????? He was dead meat then as far as I'm concerned. Being an ex POW gets one only so far. Then you actually have to do something good.

That wouldn't have happened. I think think there has ever been two different party members as President and Vice President.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Seems like he's become their trained puppy. They say jump and he asks how high on his way up.

I really encourage everyone to goto the link I provided earlier in this thread and send him an email with your concerns. He looks at every email he recieves, and maybe if enough people write him about this immigration issue he might take a stand, it's worth a try.

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 09:12 PM

I'm also a veteran. A service connected disabled veteran. Where's his respect for me?

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM

Article to go with picture...

Pure Horserace: Border Blues?

Deal On Immigration Bill Could Further Hurt McCain's Reputation With GOP Voters

(CBS) Good news for John McCain: The Iraq war, for the moment, isn't the top political issue in the news.

Bad news for John McCain: It's been replaced by immigration. Thanks to a bill with his name on it — right next to Ted Kennedy's.

The deal between a bipartisan group of senators and the White House, much of it based on the immigration overhaul bill known as McCain-Kennedy, may not become law, but even the chance of progress has left many conservatives incensed. The day after the deal, the web site of National Review, a popular magazine among conservatives, had no less than nine articles criticizing the legislation.

As the bill winds its way through Congress, McCain will likely face questions and will be able to take no other position than to defend the legislation — after all, he's its top Republican sponsor. While many GOP voters agree with his defense of President Bush's strategy in Iraq, he will have far fewer sympathetic ears listening to him when the topic turns to immigration. McCain, like Bush, favors a policy that creates a guest worker program and a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants already in the country — a position that is anathema to many Republicans, who deride it as amnesty for law-breakers.

But there's a lot more here that could rankle conservatives who are already suspicious of McCain. The group of senators involved will resurrect memories of the "Gang of 14" that included McCain and subverted an effort in 2006 by Republican leaders in the Senate to end filibusters of judicial nominees. Nor will McCain win any votes for being on same side as Kennedy, the Massachusetts Democrat who is one of the right's chief villains.

While McCain will be the candidate most directly affected by the deal, he won't be the only one to feel an impact. Rudy Giuliani has endorsed an immigration policy similar to that backed by McCain.

Who benefits? Probably Mitt Romney, who directly criticized the McCain-Kennedy bill in Monday’s GOP presidential candidate debate and said the deal struck on Thursday was "the wrong approach," adding that it "falls short of the actions needed to both solve our country's illegal immigration problem and also strengthen our legal immigration system."

And who's the most frustrated? We're guessing Reps. Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter, who have been sounding the alarm to conservatives on immigration for years but will probably see their thunder stolen by Romney, a far more viable candidate. — David Miller

President Bush, Take Note: Dismal approval ratings? An administration beset by scandal? It sounds like a two-sentence summary of George W. Bush's second term — but it could also apply to another Republican, Kentucky Gov. Ernie Fletcher. In September 2005, Fletcher's approval rating stood at 39 percent after he and 28 other officials in his administration were charged with crimes related to state hiring practices.

Many wrote Fletcher off. He drew two opponents for his party's nomination in this year's governor's race, including Rep. Anne Northup. But since then, he has made a comeback. According to a poll in the Louisville Courier-Journal, Fletcher is favored to win next Tuesday's Republican primary. He's also seen his overall approval rating rebound to 47 percent — not overwhelming, but still a number Bush might envy right now.

Fletcher could still face defeat in the November general election, but he has a solid chance of being re-elected, something few would have said in late 2005. So perhaps the president can look to Kentucky — not for advice on being re-elected, of course, but for guidance on how to salvage his legacy. — David Miller

All Right Rudy, Your Time's Running Out: If the $6 million raised, the debate appearance and commercials didn't tip you off, Bill Richardson wants to make sure you know he's really, really, running for president. He's doing that with an "official" kickoff in California on Monday, The Associated Press reports.

Until now, Richardson's campaign had been described as an "exploratory committee," a term that has no actual legal significance. In recent history, it's become common practice for presidential candidates to "test the waters," even though, in reality, they took a head-first plunge before the spring thaw.

After Richardson makes his announcement on Monday, every major presidential candidate will have entered the race — unofficially and officially — except for the Republican front-runner, Rudy Giuliani.

Giuliani has said he's going to officially announce at some point, but has yet to set a date or offer other information. No one is questioning Giuliani's intentions because he hasn't held a news conference with lots of bunting and "Giuliani In '08" signs. But it would be nice if he could just get it out of the way and put the "exploratory committee" silliness to rest. Until 2012, that is. — David Miller

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/05/18/politics/purehorserace/main2825925.shtml