PDA

View Full Version : GA judge subpoenas Obama's college registrations, Selective Service apps, BCs

Little-Acorn
01-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Apparently the state of Georgia has a law saying that anyone appearing on any Georgia ballot for election (including the ballots used in Presidential elections) must demonstrate he meets all qualifications for the office, AND that any Georgia citizen can challenge that proof in a Georgia court.

Someone in Georgia apparently challenged Obama's eligibility to be on any Georgia ballot for U.S. President (like the ones being printed for the Nov. 2012 election), so now a Georgia judge has subpoenaed Obama (or his legal representatives, I'm sure) to appear and present certain documents:

Certified long-form Birth Certs,
College applications that might show his citizenship
Social Security Applications
Selective Service registrations
...and other stuff.

I gather the date of the subpoena is Jan. 3, 2012; and the date of the hearing is Jan. 26, 2012.

What will happen? Is the long Birth Cert that Obama presented a year or so ago on the Internet, "good enough"? What about college applications? And, if Obama's lawyers ignore the subpoena, what happens next? Can Obama be kicked off the Georgia ballot?

I don't know about Obama, but I haven't the faintest idea where my own original college applications are today; or where my original Selective Service apps are. I'd be in deep shit if a judge ordered me to produce them. Course, I'm not running for President.

http://wtpotus.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ga-summons-soetoro-ballot-challenge.jpg

The judge listed on the subpoena, is apparently a genuine judge on the bench in Georgia, so that part isn't fake:
http://www.osah.ga.gov/judges-dir-detail.aspx?StaffID=mmalihi

ConHog
01-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Frivolous lawsuit is frivolous.

Obama's mom is was a native born American, thus Obama himself is an American citizen , naturalized, as a matter of law.

This judge should be censured for not pointing that out and tossing this lawsuit.

Little-Acorn
01-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Obama's mom is was a native born American, thus Obama himself is an American citizen , naturalized, as a matter of law.

Which is different from the Constitutional meaning of "natural born citizen".

ConHog
01-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Which is different from the Constitutional meaning of "natural born citizen".

then I chose the wrong word. IF one parent is a US citizen the child is a natural born US citizen PERIOD.

And what in God's name do his college transcripts have to do with it? I get that if he lied about that what else has he lied about, but themselves they no bearing on his citizenship.

pegwinn
01-18-2012, 09:29 PM
then I chose the wrong word. IF one parent is a US citizen the child is a natural born US citizen PERIOD.

I've been led to understand that it's a tad more complicated than the word "PERIOD" implies. What are you using as a source?

Nukeman
01-18-2012, 09:34 PM

And what in God's name do his college transcripts have to do with it? I get that if he lied about that what else has he lied about, but themselves they no bearing on his citizenship.

she was under 21 years of age so you are wrong in your assesment...

Little-Acorn
01-18-2012, 10:12 PM
And what in God's name do his college transcripts have to do with it?

There was some talk that he went to school on a scholarship that is given only to NON-US citizens. Now maybe he just fudged about his citizenship. But as we all know, littel white lies can come back to bite you, and maybe this one is.

And so you won't have to use up even more low-class expletives asking the same thing about his Social Security application... there are also statements that his SSN flunks an E-Verify check. No, I don't know if that's true, and even if it is, there could be a number of possible explanations, some of them innocuous.

These things will be brought out and aired (or so goes the theory) at this court hearing, and hopefully cleared up to everyone's satisfaction.

Neo
01-18-2012, 10:23 PM

This judge should be censured for not pointing that out and tossing this lawsuit.

I believe that the law requires both parents to be U.S. citizens and his father was not a citizen.

fj1200
01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Oh geez.

:facepalm99:

DragonStryk72
01-19-2012, 10:28 AM
I believe that the law requires both parents to be U.S. citizens and his father was not a citizen.

No it doesn't. Hell, if you're just born in this country, you get counted. How many debates on this board have occurred over the subject of illegals coming into the country, having children, and skirting the law because the kids count as US citizens?

Yes, another run at making conservatives look like assholes. This is going to improve our chances soooo much. Seriously, his mom was a US citizen, that's not up for debate, so the only these idiotic claims do is waste time, energy, and bury us a little deeper come election time. It doesn't matter if she pushed him out in DC, Hawaii, Kenya, or the moon. She is a US citizen, so he is as well.

Let's all just let this shit go, and focus on the vast number of legitimate failings he has.

Nukeman
01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
No it doesn't. Hell, if you're just born in this country, you get counted. How many debates on this board have occurred over the subject of illegals coming into the country, having children, and skirting the law because the kids count as US citizens?

Yes, another run at making conservatives look like assholes. This is going to improve our chances soooo much. Seriously, his mom was a US citizen, that's not up for debate, so the only these idiotic claims do is waste time, energy, and bury us a little deeper come election time. It doesn't matter if she pushed him out in DC, Hawaii, Kenya, or the moon. She is a US citizen, so he is as well.

Let's all just let this shit go, and focus on the vast number of legitimate failings he has.There is a difference in natural born and naturalized citizen. You also have to look at the letter of the law in 1964 not today. You can have citizenship but NOT be eligible for office of the president.

if I'm not mistaken at teh time (1964) a person had to be born in the US to a citizen of the US if born outside of US territory than they would have to have been born to parents that were BOTH citizens or a mother who was 5 years after her 16th birthday. So his mother would have had to be 21 and a US citizen for it to count but she wasn't

The crux is that he will not release ANYTHING from his youth. If he has nothing to hide than he should just show his stuff. I personal think he went to college and used his fathers foriegn status to get low interest loans and special treatment as a foriegn national, now that would come back to haunt him due to the whole FRAUD issue.. He's in deep crap if thats the case A sitting president caught in a 30 year old coverup of defrauding the US govt.....

Little-Acorn
01-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Obama's lawyers had petitioned the Georgia judge to withdraw this subpoena.

Today the judge refused, and says Obama must still appear on Jan. 26.

Interestingly, the judge seems to be saying that Obama himself must appear in the courtroom in Georgia. Apparently having his lawyer show up in his place, isn't good enough. I find that a little odd, if I have this correctly.

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/judge-rejects-obama-demand-to-quash-subpoena/

Judge whacks Obama in eligibility case

'Defendant has failed to enlighten the court with legal authority'
Published: 14 hours ago
by Bob Unruh

A Georgia judge has refused a demand from Barack Obama to quash a subpoena to appear at a series of administration hearings Jan. 26 at which residents of the state are challenging, as allowed under a state law, his name on the 2012 presidential ballot.

WND reported this week when Obama outlined a defense strategy for a number of state-level challenges to his candidacy in 2012 which argue that states have nothing to do with the eligibility of presidential candidates.

“Presidential electors and Congress, not the state of Georgia, hold the constitutional responsibility for determining the qualifications of presidential candidates,” Obama’s lawyer argued in a motion to quash a subpoena for him to appear at the hearings in Atlanta Jan. 26.

“The election of President Obama by the presidential electors, confirmed by Congress, makes the documents and testimony sought by plaintiff irrelevant,” the lawyer said.

Judge Michael M. Malihi, however, took a different view.

“Defendant argues that ‘if enforced, [the subpoena] requires him to interrupt duties as president of the United States’ to attend a hearing in Atlanta, Georgia. However, defendant fails to provide any legal authority to support his motion to quash the subpoena to attend,” he wrote in his order, released today.

http://www.art2superpac.com/UserFiles/file/Farrar-Welden-Swensson-PowellvObama,OrderonMotiontoQuashSubpoenas,Georgia BallotChallenge.pdf

“Defendant’s motion suggests that no president should be compelled to attend a court hearing. This may be correct. But defendant has failed to enlighten the court with any legal authority,” the judge continued.

“Specifically, defendant has failed to cite to any legal authority evidencing why his attendance is ‘unreasonable or oppressive, or that the testimony … [is] irrelevant, immaterial, or cumulative and unnecessary to a party’s preparation or presentation at the hearing, or that basic fairness dictates that the subpoena should not be enforced.’”

bullypulpit
01-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Apparently the state of Georgia has a law saying that anyone appearing on any Georgia ballot for election (including the ballots used in Presidential elections) must demonstrate he meets all qualifications for the office, AND that any Georgia citizen can challenge that proof in a Georgia court.

Someone in Georgia apparently challenged Obama's eligibility to be on any Georgia ballot for U.S. President (like the ones being printed for the Nov. 2012 election), so now a Georgia judge has subpoenaed Obama (or his legal representatives, I'm sure) to appear and present certain documents:

Certified long-form Birth Certs,
College applications that might show his citizenship
Social Security Applications
Selective Service registrations
...and other stuff.

I gather the date of the subpoena is Jan. 3, 2012; and the date of the hearing is Jan. 26, 2012.

What will happen? Is the long Birth Cert that Obama presented a year or so ago on the Internet, "good enough"? What about college applications? And, if Obama's lawyers ignore the subpoena, what happens next? Can Obama be kicked off the Georgia ballot?

I don't know about Obama, but I haven't the faintest idea where my own original college applications are today; or where my original Selective Service apps are. I'd be in deep shit if a judge ordered me to produce them. Course, I'm not running for President.

http://wtpotus.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ga-summons-soetoro-ballot-challenge.jpg

The judge listed on the subpoena, is apparently a genuine judge on the bench in Georgia, so that part isn't fake:
http://www.osah.ga.gov/judges-dir-detail.aspx?StaffID=mmalihi

Every suit filed in the matter of Obama's birth and citizenship has been thrown out of court by liberal AND conservative judges. This subpoena is just another steaming pile of bullshit on the part of folks offended that a black man is in the Oval Office as anything other than a servant.

Little-Acorn
01-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Every suit filed in the matter of Obama's birth and citizenship has been thrown out of court by liberal AND conservative judges.
Poor little bully's reading impairment is shining through again. This suit was NOT dismissed. When Zero petitioned for dismissal, the judge said NO.

Can someone please read this to poor little bully? S L O W L Y ?

DragonStryk72
01-21-2012, 09:47 PM
There is a difference in natural born and naturalized citizen. You also have to look at the letter of the law in 1964 not today. You can have citizenship but NOT be eligible for office of the president.

if I'm not mistaken at teh time (1964) a person had to be born in the US to a citizen of the US if born outside of US territory than they would have to have been born to parents that were BOTH citizens or a mother who was 5 years after her 16th birthday. So his mother would have had to be 21 and a US citizen for it to count but she wasn't

The crux is that he will not release ANYTHING from his youth. If he has nothing to hide than he should just show his stuff. I personal think he went to college and used his fathers foriegn status to get low interest loans and special treatment as a foriegn national, now that would come back to haunt him due to the whole FRAUD issue.. He's in deep crap if thats the case A sitting president caught in a 30 year old coverup of defrauding the US govt.....

He is the child of an american citizen. that's it. And no, it doesn't matter what the law was back then. We're in now, and if the rule no longer applies, then it no longer applies. Grandfather clauses only function in specific terms, and in general, only protect the greater liberty, so it still wouldn't count even if that was the law back then.

He released his birth certificate, and as I've said before, he's not our dancing monkey. This whole things is a waste that only wins him votes. We need to focus on the numerous things he has actually done wrong, rather than try to fabricate this sort of crap.

pegwinn
01-21-2012, 10:30 PM
The judge is looking for a bonafide autograph. He can then sell it to offset the miserly salary grudginly paid to Georgia's public servants.

The above rumor was invented by me. If it turns out to be true I get the royalties. If it is false I will blame Newt.

bullypulpit
01-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Poor little bully's reading impairment is shining through again. This suit was NOT dismissed. When Zero petitioned for dismissal, the judge said NO.

Can someone please read this to poor little bully? S L O W L Y ?

Give it time...These things have to work through the courts...are did that escape you? Don't answer, it's a rhetorical question. Of course it escaped you, and everyone else who watches FOX News. Pwned...again.

http://factcheck.org/2008/08/born-in-the-usa/

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201201070001

Gunny
01-22-2012, 07:49 AM

Wrong. The judge made ruling that complies with GA law. Whether or not you agree with the law. It's not about the fact you say he's a citizen so he is. The law itself, not the judge personally, requires proof. It doesn't require ConHog's approval and/or uneducated opinion.

fj1200
01-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Wrong. The judge made ruling that complies with GA law. Whether or not you agree with the law. It's not about the fact you say he's a citizen so he is. The law itself, not the judge personally, requires proof. It doesn't require ConHog's approval and/or uneducated opinion.

Possibly, but check the origin of the law. Stupid is as stupid does.

Gunny
01-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Possibly, but check the origin of the law. Stupid is as stupid does.

Change the law. I know it's not the only one some choose to call "stupid", nor probably the "stupidest".

fj1200
01-22-2012, 11:54 AM
^True, but somebody thought this was actually a good idea a year or two ago. BO should say "screw you" and dare them to leave him off the ballot, it's not like he would win GA anyway. I'm not quite sure how this is relevant yet anyway, the old law wouldn't effect '08 and I don't think he's been "selected" for the '12 ballot yet.

ConHog
01-22-2012, 12:00 PM

I didn't make comment about the judge I said the case was frivolous. No one seriously can believe this is going anywhere. Do some research and you will see that the founding fathers, jefferson in particular , believed that the states define who and who isn't a natural citizen, and Hawaii has already done so towards Obama; and it naturally follows that if you are a natural born citizen of a state, then you are also a natural born citizen of the country.

If this lawsuit in GA is your best hope of getting Obama out of office, you're going to be very disappointed in 2012.

Trigg
01-22-2012, 01:16 PM
I just love that it's racist to look into bambam's eligability but all gloves were off when it was John McCain. Nope us racists just don't want a black in the White House.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/mccain/citizen.asp

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us/politics/11mccain.html

Personally I think he probably was born in Hawaii and I also agree with nukeman. The only reason he STILL refuses to release any of his school records is because he's hiding something otherwise why bother? Why go through all this to hide poor grades? More than likely he accepted some sort of foreign student discount and he is now embarrassed to admit it.

Gunny
01-22-2012, 08:18 PM
^True, but somebody thought this was actually a good idea a year or two ago. BO should say "screw you" and dare them to leave him off the ballot, it's not like he would win GA anyway. I'm not quite sure how this is relevant yet anyway, the old law wouldn't effect '08 and I don't think he's been "selected" for the '12 ballot yet.

BO's ALREADY said screw you to the US Constitution and democracy. What more is there?

Fact is, barring a first, the incumbent is the party's nominee. A foregone conclusion.

ConHog
01-22-2012, 10:08 PM
BO's ALREADY said screw you to the US Constitution and democracy. What more is there?

Fact is, barring a first, the incumbent is the party's nominee. A foregone conclusion.

That is of course incorrect.

Here is the President's who did no seek reelection

William Henry Harrison died in office, Tyler 1844 did not run, Polk 1848 did not run, Taylor Died in office, Pierce 1856 did not run, Buchanan 1860 did not run, Johnson 1868 did not run, Hayes 1880 did not run, Garfield died in office, Arthur 1884 did not run, Harding died in office, Kennedy died in office, Johnson declined to run, Grover Cleveland served 2 non consecutive terms of office.

So 8 Presidents were alive and able to but for whatever reason chose not to run for reeletion. 9 if you count Cleveland who oddly served nonconsecutive terms. Add in the 5 who died while in office and you have 14 out of 44 or 31.8% of Presidents did NOT run for reelection.

pegwinn
01-22-2012, 10:24 PM

So 8 Presidents were alive and able to but for whatever reason chose not to run for reeletion. 9 if you count Cleveland who oddly served nonconsecutive terms. Add in the 5 who died while in office and you have 14 out of 44 or 31.8% of Presidents did NOT run for reelection.

Since you have the duty as Presidential trivia quiz master....... How many sitting Presidents who desired reelection had to face a primary fight in order to gain thier party nomination and actually be allowed to run for reelection? So far as I know, the nomination is the sitting Presidents to turn down.

fj1200
01-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Since you have the duty as Presidential trivia quiz master....... How many sitting Presidents who desired reelection had to face a primary fight in order to gain thier party nomination and actually be allowed to run for reelection? So far as I know, the nomination is the sitting Presidents to turn down.

LBJ showed poorly and "I shall not seek, and I will not accept..." Carter had a tough primary battle with Kennedy... Ford barely prevailed against Reagan in '76...

DragonStryk72
01-23-2012, 12:12 AM

William Henry Harrison died in office, Tyler 1844 did not run, Polk 1848 did not run, Taylor Died in office, Pierce 1856 did not run, Buchanan 1860 did not run, Johnson 1868 did not run, Hayes 1880 did not run, Garfield died in office, Arthur 1884 did not run, Harding died in office, Kennedy died in office, Johnson declined to run, Grover Cleveland served 2 non consecutive terms of office.

Well, that's the thing, is that BO wasn't the first black man to run for President, nor was Hilary the first woman. Seriously, go look it up. Our media just doesn't do any sort of research on these things, I swear.

Gunny
01-23-2012, 11:21 AM

I was wondering which penis-head would deflect the argument to correcting that statement because he had no other argument. Presidents who decline to run for reelection don't count, btw. Likewise, dead ones. They don't fall under my comment.

Try again, please. I actually DO know the correct answer. Let's see if you can find it.

revelarts
01-23-2012, 11:41 AM
I just wish everyone was filing lawsuits for all of the more obvious liberty striping unconstitutional items that have run pass us the last 20 years or so.
The amount of attention to the details of the original meaning and context of the constitution over this sketchy issue is pretty impressive. To bad it's politically driven as apposed to principled.

Gunny
01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I just wish everyone was filing lawsuits for all of the more obvious liberty striping unconstitutional items that have run pass us the last 20 years or so.
The amount of attention to the details of the original meaning and context of the constitution over this sketchy issue is pretty impressive. To bad it's politically driven as apposed to principled.

Even when you're almost right you just have to screw it up huh?

Who CARES (besides you) about the last 20 years? The last 20 year aren't screwing the Constitution daily NOW. Obama is.

ConHog
01-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Even when you're almost right you just have to screw it up huh?

Who CARES (besides you) about the last 20 years? The last 20 year aren't screwing the Constitution daily NOW. Obama is.

Obama certainly is worse than normal, but please don't act like he invented the political power grab.

Gunny
01-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Obama certainly is worse than normal, but please don't act like he invented the political power grab.

You get that response from outer space? I never said he invented shit, nor did I say he was political power grabbing. That's SOP. He's using the Constitution for toilet paper. He sure as Hell hasn't read it. Completely different accusation.

logroller
01-23-2012, 02:20 PM
You get that response from outer space? I never said he invented shit, nor did I say he was political power grabbing. That's SOP. He's using the Constitution for toilet paper. He sure as Hell hasn't read it. Completely different accusation.

Agreed; but it's not as though Congress and the Court behave differently? Per the Constitution, which branch wields the power to actually change laws run amok??? hint: it's not the President.

ConHog
01-23-2012, 02:26 PM

Wanna play a game? You name the president and I'll name a way he violated the COTUS. Bet I could name one for EVERY POTUS, so again Obama isn't doing anything that others haven't done, or that others won't do again.

pegwinn
01-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Wanna play a game? You name the president and I'll name a way he violated the COTUS. Bet I could name one for EVERY POTUS, so again Obama isn't doing anything that others haven't done, or that others won't do again.

Tis a slow night. Hmmmmmm might as well start with the first in the hearts of his countrymen.

I actually know a possible answer, but I am interested to see if someone else came up with it.