PDA

View Full Version : Fence Riders on the Right

Gunny
01-19-2012, 11:40 AM
I said this 2008, and I'm saying it now ... IF you pull the same crap y'all did this election as you did the last one, we're going to get 4 more years of Obama.

Let's review:

The economy's in shambles. He put us further in debt in his first year than Bush did in 8.

He promised jobs. They aren't there and he doesn't have the money to pay for them. Yet he just turned down a couple thousand jobs and a boost to our economy for nothing more than what boils down to partisan Chicago-style bullshit politics. He blames it on House Republicans.

He's promised handouts he doesn't have the money to pay for.

He appointed a fucking idiot to the Supreme Court (and if he is reelected he gets to appoint two fucking more idiots next term).

He's got gun control on his agenda, he just hasn't gotten to it. Probably because of all the empty-word speeches he runs around giving.

So, when you people on the right want to stick to some BS idealism you think you hold to, just remember that if you don't vote AGAINST Obama, you may as well vote for him.

Gunny
01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
I said this 2008, and I'm saying it now ... IF you pull the same crap y'all did this election as you did the last one, we're going to get 4 more years of Obama.

Let's review:

The economy's in shambles. He put us further in debt in his first year than Bush did in 8.

He promised jobs. They aren't there and he doesn't have the money to pay for them. Yet he just turned down a couple thousand jobs and a boost to our economy for nothing more than what boils down to partisan Chicago-style bullshit politics. He blames it on House Republicans.

He appointed a fucking idiot to the Supreme Court (and if he is reelected he gets to appoint two fucking more idiots next term).

He's got gun control on his agenda, he just hasn't gotten to it. Probably because of all the empty-word speeches he runs around giving.

So, when you people on the right want to stick to some BS idealism you think you hold to, just remember that if you don't vote AGAINST Obama, you may as well vote for him.

Other than the two noted in the "Thanks", I didn't figure I'd get a whole lot of dialogue on this one.

Just like last time. There was no worse candidate than Obama in 2008, just as none of the candidates on the right currently would be worse than he is. Inaction is as stupid as the dumbest leftwingnut, wanna-be-intellectually elite progressive's vote.

Anyone taht looks at the demograph's, conservatives control the vote in this country. If Obama gets 4 more years, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Abbey Marie
01-19-2012, 04:11 PM

Let's review:

:clap: All great points, but the cultists will never listen to reason.

gabosaurus
01-19-2012, 10:38 PM
If Republicans want to beat Obama, they need to nominate a candidate that can beat Obama. Which means the far right will need to hold their collective noses and back Romney.
Gingrich and Paul are not electable. Santorum has too little name recognition among Democrats and Independents.
If Romney ran against Obama, I would consider voting for him. I wouldn't give Gingrich or Paul a second thought.

Joyful HoneyBee
01-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Frankly, I'm looking at the candidates and I feel that anyone will do a better job than Obama, but the truth is - if we elect anyone but Ron Paul we may as well all learn the dance steps because we'll be stepping into a political time warp....so here's the video everyone will need:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V0SqS2QJdj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> (http://<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V0SqS2QJdj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

:laugh:

Gunny
01-20-2012, 12:14 PM
If Republicans want to beat Obama, they need to nominate a candidate that can beat Obama. Which means the far right will need to hold their collective noses and back Romney.
Gingrich and Paul are not electable. Santorum has too little name recognition among Democrats and Independents.
If Romney ran against Obama, I would consider voting for him. I wouldn't give Gingrich or Paul a second thought.

Fact is, every name you mentioned is better than Obama and I'd vote for ANY of them. I haven't voted "for" anyone since 1984. Every vote since has been a vote 'against". Apparently I was ahead of my time figuring that one out. Conservatives are suddenly acting like it's something new.

trobinett
01-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Getting the vote out has ALWAYS been the biggest stumbling block for the conservatives. This year will be no different, I find it
pathetic, that the ones that DON'T vote are the first ones to cry about how fucked up everything is.:slap:

ConHog
01-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Getting the vote out has ALWAYS been the biggest stumbling block for the conservatives. This year will be no different, I find it
pathetic, that the ones that DON'T vote are the first ones to cry about how fucked up everything is.:slap:

I know right, my belief is if you didn't vote, then you don't get to complain.

Gunny
01-20-2012, 12:34 PM

Depends. Look at your demographs. A LOT of conservatives are working their asses off at their blue collar jobs and can't make the polls. I've had to take unpaid time off to go vote before. And watching these farmers here work sunup to sundown, THEN go home and do chores, I can see where the issue is.

Lefties can hang out all night because they neither have, nor want a job at one end, or are so wealthy at the other end they have time to indulge their unrealistic idealism. Either way, work is not a problem for THAT voting bloc.

Might also look at the fact that NYC, Chicago, LA, DC, and/or the other Top 10 major cities that lure slugs looking for handouts dictate the other 90% of this country how it should run. They pile up like cockroaches, live like them, and vote like them for a promise of a handout they'll see little if any of. In other words, the stupid people by sheer numbers and unprotected sex control this country.

trobinett
01-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Gunny posts:
(quote)Depends. Look at your demographs. A LOT of conservatives are working their asses off at their blue collar jobs and can't make the polls. I've had to take unpaid time off to go vote before. And watching these farmers here work sunup to sundown, THEN go home and do chores, I can see where the issue is.(/quote)

You left out those of us that hop in the old RV and head out for the great out doors.:salute:

Gunny
01-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Gunny posts:
(quote)Depends. Look at your demographs. A LOT of conservatives are working their asses off at their blue collar jobs and can't make the polls. I've had to take unpaid time off to go vote before. And watching these farmers here work sunup to sundown, THEN go home and do chores, I can see where the issue is.(/quote)

You left out those of us that hop in the old RV and head out for the great out doors.:salute:

And I'm cool with that. I WILL however, have my ass down at the church to vote come the day, and I'm voting against 4 more years of the slide toward communism, regardless the candidate.

I would have actually voted for Hillary against McCain. Would have been the first time I voted D since Carter. I'd actually vote for her over half the GOP's playing field now. HOWEVER, the WORST GOP candidate is STILL better than what we've suffered through for 3 years.