PDA

View Full Version : The latest on Coach Joe from PSU

jimnyc
01-21-2012, 07:44 PM
This is a very sad turn of events, so quickly after his firing and all the other stuff in his life. Hope you get better, Joe!!

‘Further health complications’ leave Joe Paterno hospitalized in serious condition
Joe Paterno is in "serious" condition, according to a statement released by a family spokesman to the Associated Press, just two months after being fired as Penn State's head coach and subsequently diagnosed with lung cancer. Multiple outlets in Pennsylvania have reported that Paterno is gravely ill and that his wife, Sue, has summoned family to the hospital for final goodbyes.

"Over the last few days Joe Paterno has experienced further health complications," spokesman Dan McGinn said in a brief statement Saturday. "His doctors have now characterized his status as serious. His family will have no comment on the situation and asks that their privacy be respected during this difficult time."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/further-health-complications-leave-joe-paterno-hospitalized-serious-232633622.html

OCA
01-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Jimmy I hate to sound harsh but I gotta believe this might be karma for his covering up of Gerry.

jimnyc
01-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Jimmy I hate to sound harsh but I gotta believe this might be karma for his covering up of Gerry.

Whatever one may think of his "involvement" - short of being the abuser himself, he doesn't deserve to die as a result. A shitty incident, and admittedly a big one, still shouldn't take away from all this man has done for PSU over the years, through football and charities.

OCA
01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Whatever one may think of his "involvement" - short of being the abuser himself, he doesn't deserve to die as a result. A shitty incident, and admittedly a big one, still shouldn't take away from all this man has done for PSU over the years, through football and charities.

Unfortunately it looks like he, at the very least, failed to follow up on what he learned about Gerry even after seeing the bastard around campus in the intervening years, I'm afraid its all he is going to be remembered for and I kinda think rightly so.

jimnyc
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't know. We could argue the morality and legal aspects from now till forever. He was within the law but morally should have done more than just report it to the administrators. Just how much further he should have and could have went is debatable.

But this thread is more to the issue of his declining health, that I don't think anyone saw coming this quickly.

OCA
01-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't know. We could argue the morality and legal aspects from now till forever. He was within the law but morally should have done more than just report it to the administrators. Just how much further he should have and could have went is debatable.

But this thread is more to the issue of his declining health, that I don't think anyone saw coming this quickly.

Cancer is a bitch.

Some peole like my grandmother get diagnosed with incureable cancer and go on forever(4 years and counting) some people get it and are gone the next week, no exact science on this deal.