PDA

View Full Version : Reality Shows/TruTV

Gunny
01-22-2012, 07:42 AM
I like shows like World's Dumbest ... , Most Shocking/Most Daring, It Only Hurts When I Laugh, Disorder in the Court. Or any of the 48 Hours type documentary-type shows. The former are actual videos of real events, and latter recount actual events.

But let's face it ... TruTV, which claims it is not reality but actuality, puts on some of the lamest "reality" shows ever. ANY show on ANY channel that has "pawn" in the title is BS. Then you have Lizard Lick Towing, Operation Repo, Full Throttle Saloon, Impractical Jokers (complete morons), Storage Wars, and lest we forget ... the Hulk Hogan of bounty hunters, Dog the Attention Hunter. Gilligan's Island reruns are looking better and better.

Jess
01-22-2012, 08:45 AM
I like shows like World's Dumbest ... , Most Shocking/Most Daring, It Only Hurts When I Laugh, Disorder in the Court. Or any of the 48 Hours type documentary-type shows. The former are actual videos of real events, and latter recount actual events.

But let's face it ... TruTV, which claims it is not reality but actuality, puts on some of the lamest "reality" shows ever. ANY show on ANY channel that has "pawn" in the title is BS. Then you have Lizard Lick Towing, Operation Repo, Full Throttle Saloon, Impractical Jokers (complete morons), Storage Wars, and lest we forget ... the Hulk Hogan of bounty hunters, Dog the Attention Hunter. Gilligan's Island reruns are looking better and better.

And when you couple that with the fact that the Weather Channel doesn't show much weather anymore ... :pokenest:

Gunny
01-22-2012, 09:32 AM
And when you couple that with the fact that the Weather Channel doesn't show much weather anymore ... :pokenest:

Oh get me started. Remember, the whole idea of cable TV to begin with was you paid money and didn't have to suffer the commercials of network TV. How's THAT working? Seems anymore, pharmaceutical companies, old people crap, and women's hygiene products OWN cable TV anymore.

I'd LOVE to see for all these channels we allegedly get, which 3-4 people own them all.

Jess
01-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh get me started. Remember, the whole idea of cable TV to begin with was you paid money and didn't have to suffer the commercials of network TV. How's THAT working? Seems anymore, pharmaceutical companies, old people crap, and women's hygiene products OWN cable TV anymore.

I'd LOVE to see for all these channels we allegedly get, which 3-4 people own them all.

Well, you are getting older, you may need the pharma companies and a hover-round before long. Oooooh! We need one of those bath-thingies that we can sit in.

As to the cable in general - I never got it. I watched movies, network tv, got on the computer or kept busy around the house. But some people are getting old and just have to conserve their energy. :neener:

Gunny
01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Well, you are getting older, you may need the pharma companies and a hover-round before long. Oooooh! We need one of those bath-thingies that we can sit in.

As to the cable in general - I never got it. I watched movies, network tv, got on the computer or kept busy around the house. But some people are getting old and just have to conserve their energy. :neener:

Good luck with that. What was that one commercial ... men lose up to 50% of their testosterone by age 50? You might want to ask them where they went wrong here.

Jess
01-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Good luck with that. What was that one commercial ... men lose up to 50% of their testosterone by age 50? You might want to ask them where they went wrong here.

Yeah, they did kind of mess that one up, from where I'm sitting.

That's the commercial that Darth Zanious keeps writing down the number for you, so you can get the stuff that grows your hair back. :cool:

Gunny
01-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah, they did kind of mess that one up, from where I'm sitting.

That's the commercial that Darth Zanious keeps writing down the number for you, so you can get the stuff that grows your hair back. :cool:

Wrong commercial. However, that is perhaps where you, tv and His Darthness are screwing up. Male pattern baldness is due mainly to excess testosterone. And I'm STILL bald.:poke:

Jess
01-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Wrong commercial. However, that is perhaps where you, tv and His Darthness are screwing up. Male pattern baldness is due mainly to excess testosterone. And I'm STILL bald.:poke:

heh ... 3200

ConHog
01-22-2012, 01:40 PM

I know right, the wife and I love Hardcore Pawn, but it's pretty hard to take it as true tv when everyone who starts fighting with the pawn store is miked up, meaning of course that it was staged. :laugh:

cadet
01-22-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen some jersey shore bashing. :laugh:

Jess
01-22-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen some jersey shore bashing. :laugh:

That doesn't even cross our screen, Cadet. We DO have standards, ya know. ;)

ConHog
01-22-2012, 02:49 PM
That doesn't even cross our screen, Cadet. We DO have standards, ya know. ;)

The wife and I watch Hardcore Pawn at this point just hoping someone will knock Ashley the fuck out.:laugh2:

Gunny
01-22-2012, 02:50 PM
I know right, the wife and I love Hardcore Pawn, but it's pretty hard to take it as true tv when everyone who starts fighting with the pawn store is miked up, meaning of course that it was staged. :laugh:

They're all staged except for the ones I mentioned first. I like them because they are actual videos of dumbasses messing up in real life.

Jess
01-22-2012, 03:02 PM
They're all staged except for the ones I mentioned first. I like them because they are actual videos of dumbasses messing up in real life.

I, for one, feel pretty damned intelligent after watching. So far, I've never done most of the stupid stuff they do.:thumb:

ConHog
01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
I, for one, feel pretty damned intelligent after watching. So far, I've never done most of the stupid stuff they do.:thumb:

No shit, watch 2 hours of TruTV and even the dumbest SOB I personally know seems pretty intelligent.

Jess
01-22-2012, 03:08 PM
No shit, watch 2 hours of TruTV and even the dumbest SOB I personally know seems pretty intelligent.

For sure. We tell the boys if they do that stuff, we're just gonna stand there and laugh when they crash and burn. Great parents, aren't we? :thanks:

Jess
01-22-2012, 03:18 PM
"Ridiculousness" is on now. That chick has the most annoying laugh ...

shattered
01-26-2012, 09:27 PM

Oh, come on. Bobby (Lizard Lick) is a RIOT when he attacks someone. That boy's got no fear. :D

PostmodernProphet
01-26-2012, 11:03 PM

I'm hooked on Storage Wars....I love seeing whats in the boxes.......

the worst one has to be the Lady Hog Killers......

chloe
01-27-2012, 09:53 AM
If It is entertaining I will watch it.

I like the antique roadshow.;)

CSM
01-27-2012, 10:06 AM
If It is entertaining I will watch it.

I like the antique roadshow.;)

I like that show too. It's amazing how much some of that junk is worth. makes me wonder how much some of the junk in my place could bring. My wife calls it trash; I call it treasure.

Gunny
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM

I got tired (and desperate) after watching all our DVDs for the 3rd time. More imporatntly, the internet connection we had SUCKED.

Gunny
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
I like that show too. It's amazing how much some of that junk is worth. makes me wonder how much some of the junk in my place could bring. My wife calls it trash; I call it treasure.

Isn't that how it ALWAYS is?:laugh:

gabosaurus
02-10-2012, 12:49 PM
I watched Lizard Lick Towing once and wondered how any group of people could be that ignorant. My husband summed it up when he said "now I know where they got the expression "dumber than a box of rocks." :laugh:

And don't get me started on the show about the Detroit pawn shop. The daughter might be the whiniest person I have seen. Total dysfunctional family.

My husband and I love the crime solving shows though. Like the guy who killed his wife, put her body into a wood chipper and used the contents to fertilize his yard. :cool:

ConHog
02-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I watched Lizard Lick Towing once and wondered how any group of people could be that ignorant. My husband summed it up when he said "now I know where they got the expression "dumber than a box of rocks." :laugh:

And don't get me started on the show about the Detroit pawn shop. The daughter might be the whiniest person I have seen. Total dysfunctional family.

My husband and I love the crime solving shows though. Like the guy who killed his wife, put her body into a wood chipper and used the contents to fertilize his yard. :cool:

I watch that show religiously, one day soon Ashley will get knocked the fuck out. And I'd be heartbroken if I missed it. :laugh:

pegwinn
02-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Cable = No Commercials. LOL.

MTV actually once had music videos. I promise. I seen em myself.

The most dysfunctional tv audience is the one chanting "Jerry, Jerry" just before the trailer trash twinkie scarfing kissin cousins tear each others shirts off in a fight that is more fake than WWF.

And folks wonder why we elect idiots.

ConHog
02-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Cable = No Commercials. LOL.

MTV actually once had music videos. I promise. I seen em myself.

The most dysfunctional tv audience is the one chanting "Jerry, Jerry" just before the trailer trash twinkie scarfing kissin cousins tear each others shirts off in a fight that is more fake than WWF.

And folks wonder why we elect idiots.

I beg to differ sir. Jerry's ex bodyguard on his show had his own show for awhile. Steve something or other, anyway HIS audience made Jerry's audience look like MENSA members. :laugh2: