PDA

View Full Version : TSA apologizes to Strip searhed Granmas...

revelarts
01-23-2012, 01:06 PM
For not taking off the clothes they took off, but the grandmas "volunteered to take off" yeah that's the ticket.

About Face? TSA Pseudo-Apologizes to Elderly Women Who Say They Were Strip Searched

The Transportation Security Administration said it did violate policy when agents screened two elderly women at John F. Kennedy airport late last year, though continued to deny the two were forcibly strip searched, the New York Daily News reported. (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/tsa-apologizes-elderly-women-strip-search-kennedy-airport-article-1.1007725?localLinksEnabled=false)
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zimmerman1.jpgLenore Zimmerman said TSA agents made her remove her clothing during an airport screening last year. (AP)

As The Blaze previously reported (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/85-year-old-grandmother-says-tsa-strip-searched-her/), 85-year-old Lenore Zimmerman said she was made to take off her pants and other clothing after asking to forgo screening because she was worried it would damage her defibrillator. In a separate incident, Ruth Sherman, 88, charged that agents made her remove her pants so they could inspect her colostomy bag.
In a letter obtained by the Daily News, the Department of Homeland Security acknowledged its screeners violated procedure when they searched the two 80-year-old women.
“It is not standard operating procedure for colostomy devices to be visually inspected, and [the Transportation Security Administration] apologizes for this employee’s action,” Assistant Homeland Security Secretary Betsy Markey wrote to New York state Sen. Michael Gianaris, who had requested a full investigation into the matter.
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Ruth-Sherman.jpgThe Department of Homeland Security apologized for inspecting Ruth Sherman's colostomy bag.

The agency insisted, however, that Sherman was not asked to remove her clothing and that she did so voluntarily.

“They asked me to pull my sweatpants down, and now they’re not telling you the truth,” Sherman told the Daily News.

The TSA also denied Zimmerman had been strip searched, but apologized for an agent who it said violated policy by scanning her back brace.
Zimmerman previously said two female agents removed her clothes after she told them she was wearing a defibrillator.
“They’re lying,” she told the Daily News in response to the letter. “I don’t have a problem with [screeners checking] the back brace. I have a problem with being strip searched.”

Gianaris said the agency is still not offering a full explanation of what happened.

Someone was saying that the ahole hippy criminal element, old white grandmas are the trouble making liars. and that TSA/cops should be believed here.
I'm confused. I'm sure the Granmas did somthing to deserve it or the TSA was just doing there jobs keeping us safe from old white Grannys, the new American Al quida.

jimnyc
01-23-2012, 01:21 PM
This is/was already being discussed, just sayin'... "another thread"

ConHog
01-23-2012, 01:22 PM

Tis true, but maybe Rev will keep his cop/soldier/government employee bashing confined to just this ONE thread.

Gunny
01-23-2012, 01:23 PM

Either way ... YUCK! Strip-searching THEM better not become a DP staff requirement unless I'm exempt. Ewww ... I'd rather go back to Iraq.

revelarts
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM

Tis true, but maybe Rev will keep his cop/soldier/government employee bashing confined to just this ONE thread.

missed it.

LuvRPgrl
01-27-2012, 11:43 AM

why should he?

ConHog
01-27-2012, 11:57 AM
why should he?

Who said he should? I merely said that maybe he would.

LuvRPgrl
01-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Who said he should? I merely said that maybe he would.

If you didnt want him to, you wouldnt have mentioned it. In fact, the thought probably wouldnt have even occured to you, and you know it, or you can be dishonest and deny it. Your choice.

ConHog
01-28-2012, 04:14 PM
If you didnt want him to, you wouldnt have mentioned it. In fact, the thought probably wouldnt have even occured to you, and you know it, or you can be dishonest and deny it. Your choice.

Whether I want him to or not is not relevant to whether he SHOULD do so.

LuvRPgrl
01-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Whether I want him to or not is not relevant to whether he SHOULD do so.

nope,

why doesnt hood ryhme with mood?

ConHog
01-28-2012, 04:40 PM
nope,

why doesnt hood ryhme with mood?

Good question.

Here's another.

If a groupf of goose are known as geese, then why aren't a group of moose known as meese?

LuvRPgrl
01-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Good question.

Here's another.

If a groupf of goose are known as geese, then why aren't a group of moose known as meese?

because meese are mice

01-30-2012, 03:52 AM
There sure are alot of pervs in the government.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 08:26 AM
There sure are alot of pervs in the government.

Probably no more so than in private sector. We just don't hear about them as much because they know if they act perverted on the job they'll get firer. Act perverted while working for the gov wt it appears that you get promoted.