PDA

View Full Version : Sick

CSM
01-24-2012, 08:43 AM
SO I have missed a few days of workout because I have this rotten miserable cold. Question is, how much of a setback will this be for me as far as the crossfit/strength training goes? I am not sure how much ground a person loses when they miss a few days.

ConHog
01-24-2012, 09:15 AM
SO I have missed a few days of workout because I have this rotten miserable cold. Question is, how much of a setback will this be for me as far as the crossfit/strength training goes? I am not sure how much ground a person loses when they miss a few days.

First day or two back you'll hurt. But overall, no biggie. Even Olympic athletes take time off from training when they get sick or just go on vacation or whatever. As long as it isn't habitual.

fj1200
01-24-2012, 09:17 AM

Depending on how much the cold took out of you, you generally won't lose strength after a break but you'll lose endurance.

CSM
01-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks, guys. I feel like a slug for missing workout the past few days.

fj1200
01-24-2012, 09:31 AM
^Well, it's better than me feeling like a slug for missing the past few years. :embarrassed:

Jess
01-24-2012, 09:32 AM

Hope you're feeling better, CSM.