PDA

View Full Version : Did you like the new ideas in Obama's SOTU speech?

Little-Acorn
01-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Guess what: There weren't any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDRiGIUYQo&feature=player_embedded

chloe
01-25-2012, 12:58 PM
:laugh2: Ain't that the truth, and he seemed stressed out not his normal NLP Tony Robbins self.......

Gaffer
01-25-2012, 02:21 PM
:laugh2: Ain't that the truth, and he seemed stressed out not his normal NLP Tony Robbins self.......

He just needs another vacation. :laugh:

SassyLady
01-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Lots of awkward silences.

Gaffer
01-25-2012, 03:41 PM
The teleprompter was running a little slow.

chloe
01-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Lots of awkward silences.

It was weird and I have to write a response paper to it;)

logroller
01-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Nothing new really, but I did appreciate his comments on education. Especially on getting rid of bad teachers and national standards. Though he didn't express the latter per se, I inferred that's what he meant in regards to independent and unique methods at state and local levels.

From a political standpoint I thought he was as fine-tuned as I've ever seen him. new buzzword too-- 'fairness'. Of course he toots his horn, paying homage to those who helped him, that's to be expected, as he's trying to justify even his failed actions with minimal results-- all while placing inaction on the shoulders of Congress. For example, he mentioned the increase to boots on the ground and resultant arrests in illegal immigration. I can only assume he's readying himself for when fast and furious comes to bear-- but he took action and got results -- which is more than Congress can say. In so doing he put the onus of 'comprehensive immigration reform' (among a myriad of other issues) on their plate-- followed with "I will sign it'. He's teeing up for the elections; not just of the Presidency, but for those in Congress too. I quite despise nearly all his ideas, but politically, he knows his shit. It's no wonder everybody asks "Who can beat Obama?" ...plus he's got a great tan.:laugh:

PostmodernProphet
01-25-2012, 09:16 PM
It was weird and I have to write a response paper to it;)

sounds like you have the theme already....

fj1200
01-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Guess what: There weren't any.

Dammit, that was going to be my line. :slap: