PDA

View Full Version : Obama: ‘We Weren’t Sent Here to Wage Perpetual Political Campaigns’

Shadow
01-28-2012, 10:12 AM
After three days on the road selling his State of the Union message, President Obama is urging Congress to act on his proposals to stem the “corrosive influence of money in politics” and to give judicial and public service nominations “up-or-down” votes.
As he traveled through Iowa, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado and Michigan this week, the president said he met people who believe in America but are skeptical that progress can be made in Washington.

“Frankly, when you look at some of the things that go on in this town, who could blame them for being a little cynical?” Obama said in his weekly address.
The president called out Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, for vowing to block any nominations he makes this year. Still fuming over Obama’s decision to sidestep the Senate and appoint Richard Cordray to lead the new consumer watchdog agency, Lee said the president should rescind his recess appointments.
“This isn’t about me,” Obama said. ”We weren’t sent here to wage perpetual political campaigns against each other. We were sent here to serve the American people.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/obama-we-werent-sent-here-to-wage-perpetual-political-campaigns/

This man is full of it. :laugh:

Dilloduck
01-28-2012, 11:21 AM
You're just a bigot

DragonStryk72
01-29-2012, 01:06 AM
President Obama is urging Congress to act on his proposals to stem the “corrosive influence of money in politics”

...says the man that just spent more than $200,000,000 last campaign cycle.

Gunny
01-29-2012, 07:20 AM
After three days on the road selling his State of the Union message, President Obama is urging Congress to act on his proposals to stem the “corrosive influence of money in politics” and to give judicial and public service nominations “up-or-down” votes.
As he traveled through Iowa, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado and Michigan this week, the president said he met people who believe in America but are skeptical that progress can be made in Washington.

“Frankly, when you look at some of the things that go on in this town, who could blame them for being a little cynical?” Obama said in his weekly address.
The president called out Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, for vowing to block any nominations he makes this year. Still fuming over Obama’s decision to sidestep the Senate and appoint Richard Cordray to lead the new consumer watchdog agency, Lee said the president should rescind his recess appointments.
“This isn’t about me,” Obama said. ”We weren’t sent here to wage perpetual political campaigns against each other. We were sent here to serve the American people.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/obama-we-werent-sent-here-to-wage-perpetual-political-campaigns/

This man is full of it. :laugh:
Really. The guy who has already started campaigning for the next election? How anyone could vote for that bold-faced lying sack of shit is beyond me.

Missileman
01-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I think he's using the word campaign as a synonym for battle. Nonetheless, he's done more to divide than unite.

Shadow
01-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Really. The guy who has already started campaigning for the next election? How anyone could vote for that bold-faced lying sack of shit is beyond me.

Did he ever stop campaining? If he did, I must have blinked and missed it.:laugh: